Dirt and Soccer

What If [Oh Sehun ft. Hwang Minhyun]

The day has come.

It's the School's Fesitval day.

Which means the performance day too.

We got seriously scolded by our music teacher when he discovered we did a dance, but he eventually accepted our project when he saw we composed the music ourselves and he sort of praised us for it, but honestly between his grumbles and his "I can't believe these kids" I'm not sure it was an actual praise.

But the performance will happen tonight and by this time, the school has put in place some booths for us to enjoy, eat and play games. Of course the School is open to everyone who wants to come therefore you have curious parents, but also students from other school here or just girls looking around and admiring the boys of SOPA.

A whole lot of people.

Anyway I can't even enjoy the festivities right now because one: I'm freaking nervous about the performance tonight. It's perfect, Sehun and I mastered it to the tiniest detail, but it's in front of the whole school and to be honest I'm not that confident....

"Why do you always look so gloomy?" Someone pats me on the back and I turn around to see Minhyun smiling. 

"I'm nervous..." I pout.

"Don't worry, the football game will go fine!" He reassures me kindly.

And I hit him.

"Not that idiot! I don't care about the football match even though it's obvious I'm going to be an idiot standing in the middle of the playfield, not I'm nervous about tonight!"

He pauses for a second, taking the information in. His smile fades "I see, well I'm sure you'll do fine, after all you and Sehun practiced a lot" He says, his tone is emotionless.

Is he.....

Jealous?

Well it's true we have been focusing a lot on the choreo and kinda left Minhyun alone a lot these past weeks. But he makes friends easily, I didn't think he would be affected and all.

"Anyway, we must win today!" Minhyun changes the subject and smiles again.

Yes because today, to open this festive day, our very kind director thought it would be nice to have a football game.

With mixed team...

And somehow I got dragged into this by my two idiots of best friends who signed me up without asking, then defending themselves by saying I apparently said yes when I was not listening properly.

Obviously I didn't.

I hate football.

And yet here I am, in football clothes who are not very fashionable either to be honest.

"yeah yeah" I mutter and finish putting my also very fashionable shoes on.

"It'll be fun" Minhyun teases me.

I glare at him "Oh trust me you'll pay for this" 

He laughs and quickly run away from my dark aura.

I sign and grab my stuff and head out to the football field.

"Don't get hurt, we still have to perform later" Sehun suddenly pops next to me.

"Gosh stop scaring me!" I exclaim.

He just raises an eyebrow in return, waiting for a response.

"Fine, I'll be careful, but you too okay? I really do not wish to dance without you on stage" I continue.

He starts grinning widely "Someone seems to be looking forward to it" 

I frown "I don't want to know what you are insinuating"

"You want to be sure you can get close to me, these past week weren't enough" He says and comes closer.

I stop breathing for a second.

One would have thought I would be used to be this close to my best friend.

Well he would have thought wrong.

Suddenly he flicks my forehead "Don't worry I'll make sure to stay in one piece to dance with you"

He runs to the center of the field, leaving me breathless and a bit dizzy.

What the heck just happened?

I hear a whistle and notice the referee calling for the two teams.

I shake my head and try to gather my thoughts and push aside this new foreign feeling down.

I run to join my team, we are competing against another team from SOPA too, it's just a friendly match to put everyone in a good mood.

Well everyone except me, I can't wait to be covered in dirt...

I gather with my team and we all form a circle.

"It might be a friendly match, but let's show them what we got!" Seokim, the captain of the team encourages us.

"Let's do this! Fighting!" We all cheer loudly.

Our team is composed of five girls, among them Mina and Eunha that I know quite well, we hang out here and there.

We also have 6 guys, among them my two best friends and also Jaebum.

In the opposing team is Taeyong and Jungkook, two of the school's heartthrob.

Sehun and Minhyun don't like Taeyeong at all, he can be cocky at times and he knows he's handsome and likes to show off

I give a small prayer, hoping nothing to bad will happen on the field.

My eyes turn to look at the crowd that has gathered to watch the game, it's mostly students of the school, here to encourage the team but it's mainly girls there to watch hot guys sweat while running.

My school has a lot of fangirls.

I notice a few of them pointing at Sehun and Minhyun and somehow that annoys me.

Can't they just be normal and back off, or at least if they are interested, instead of acting like groupies, they could just go up to them and ask for a date or to go out I don't know!

Okay that doesn't seem like a very good idea.

I sigh as I am having a ridiculous internal battle.

My eyes roam around and finally I see Sooyoung.

She's at the very front, cheering and smiling loudly for Sehun.

Of course...

Then she sees me and she shouts "Go Yoora! You can do this!" 

The worst is that she's irresistible, you can't be mad at her.

Not that I have any reason to.

Finally the referee tells us to get in place, about time because my thoughts were slowly driving me crazy.

I get in position, I'm defending, so I should be okay, hopefully.

The games starts and immediately the ball start going around, players running after it.

It gets crazy very quickly.

The cheers of the crowd suddenly gives all of us the will to win.

"Jungkook Oppa Fighting!" Some girls scream.

"Minhyun-ah!!!!" Some other girls shout.

And it goes on and on.

There are a few guys cheering too, but I'm too focused to know if anyone has cheered for me....

Probably not.

The game keeps on going and the cheers get louder.

The score is 2:2, we have been playing for a while now and somehow no one seems to be taking the lead.

There isn't much time left before the ends of the game.

I anxiously look at the clock.

Five minutes left. 

I look back at the players and everyone seems to be tired, we're all sweaty, dirty too, as expected.

I decide it's time for a bold move.

I slowly leave my place and start running towards the other team's goalpost when I see that it's my team that has the ball.

Jaebum is running fast, speeding and somehow managing to break through the defense.

But then I see that Taeyong is arriving right in front of him and in a second he has taken the ball from him and run the other side.

I rush to him, speeding like crazy to prevent him to go to far in our zone.

He sees me but he can't stop me from being right in front of him.

For a second we're just right in front of each other, he can't move forward and I can't take the ball as he has it to secured.

It's almost a freezed moment in the game.

"Come one beautiful, let me go" He gives me a charming smile.

I raise an eyebrow, about to reply to him that he can go f himself but I have no time as Sehun barges between us, taking the ball at the same time.

Taeyeong yells in protest and looks at the referee, hoping that he will call for a fault from Sehun, but he doesn't do anything.

"Come on Yoora!" Sehun yells and I'm brought back to reality, I start running, running faster than my other team mates, I pass the defense, right in front of the goalpoast.

I look for a second at the clock.

30 seconds left.

The world around seems to be narrower, I'm even more focused under the pressure.

We have to win. 

I see Sehun running towards me but from the corner of the eye I notice that Jungkook is about to take the ball.

"Now Sehun!" I shout.

He immediately understands and he shoots the ball to me.

It's a long distance but I can make it.

Jungkook runs faster, wanting to take it back.

I run faster and two seconds before him, I take the ball and run as fast as I can to the goalpost.

I see all the opposing team players run to stop me, so I accelerate.

10 meters left...

8....

5....

I have no more time.

I shoot, as precisely as I can, as strongly as I can, praying that the goal keeper will miss it.

A second later I hear cheers and without realizing what is happening I am lifted of the ground.

"Go Yoora! Go Yoora! Go Yoora!" 

The other teams looks defeated, everyone is panting hard.

And my team is throwing me in the air in a sign of victory.

I start laughing.

"We won! Go team red!" I yell

"Go team red!" They repeat.

Finally they let me go back on the ground.

They keep on cheering for me and I have a huge smile one my face.

They all start high-fiving and celebrating with big shouts of victory.

I turn around and see Sehun, he's grinning widely.

I raise my hand for a high five, after all we did this together.

But my hand stays hanging as he wraps his arms around me and hugs me.

It lasts a moment only, I can barely register what is happening that he's already a step back.

"You did amazing!" He says, as if it was normal.

I look at him, flustered and my face probably even redder than it already was because of the effort.

"Ayyyy Yoora! See it was a good idea!" Minhyun suddenly breaks whatever transe we were in.

I turn to look at him and hesitantly smile 

"It was fun I guess" I admit.

"Haha I told you!" He exclaims even happier and suddenly he's ruffling my hair affectionately.

Just what's up with these two and skinship?

I don't see my two best friends look at each other with a certain fierceness.

Suddenly in the midst of all this confusion, our supporters come on the field to congratulate us (or in the other case, comfort the loosing team) 

Sooyoung quickly finds us.

"Congratulation!" She exclaims to all three of us. "Yoora I didn't know you were that good!" She continues and I think I see something unusual in her eyes.

Did she see Sehun hug me?

It was so sudden that I'm not even sure it happened, but what if she saw it?

Sehun has continued to be unresponsive to her attempts to get closer but she seems to be more and more hooked and she keeps on trying. 

The look in her eyes disappears before I can identify it and I almost think I dreamt.

"Sehun you really were amazing" She turns to the tallest one of us and she gives him a dazzling smile.

It's difficult to be more obvious, but Sehun just brushes her off "Thanks" He says, not caring for one bit.

Sooyoung glances at me, clearly asking for me to help, just like I promised.

"Minhyun! Let's go get cleaned up! I wanted to show you a stand later! They have Egg bread" I say and without waiting for his response, or Sehun's one, I drag Minhyun with me.

I walk out of the field, trying to suppress this feeling I have growing in me. Of course I want to help Sooyoung, why wouldn't I?

"Yoora?!" Minhyun finally stops me once we're out of view from Sooyoung and Sehun. 

I look back at him, encouraging him to speak up.

"Why did you leave so suddenly? What about Sehun?"

"Didn't you see that Sooyoung is trying to get closer to Sehun?"

"That's pretty obvious" He chuckles sarcastically.

"Yes, but not for Sehun apparently, so we are helping him to understand by giving him more time with Sooyoung, he keeps on pushing her off but I'm sure that when he'll get to know her, he'll like her!" I say cheerfully.

"Are you sure?" He frowns. "Don't you think Sehun knows Sooyoung likes him but that he's pushing her away because she doesn't interest him?" 

I look at him surprised "Why would he push her off? She's all a guy could want. She's pretty, smart, cute and funny, the dream girlfriend. I don't see why he would reject her" I state.

"But what if-" Minyhun starts but catches himself before he says more "Nothing" 

I shrug "He's not even trying, he should try and see what can come out of it. He never had a girlfriend until now, it would be a good opportunity to be with Sooyoung." I smile yet I'm not convinced by my own words.

"You didn't have a boyfriend either" Minhyun points out.

"Neither did you" I retort.

"I'm saving myself for the girl I really love." He says and smiles a bit.

"She'll be lucky to have you" I reply genuinely.

Minhyun is about to say something but I cut him off without realizing "Now let's go change and I really meant it when I talked about the egg bread" I say and I go to the locker room to get out of my dirty clothes.

I don't see Minhyun sighing behind me, yet with a small smile of hope.




 

------------------

And here we go! it was longer than expected!

I decided to include quite a few idols too! They all attended SOPA! (well for Jaebum I'm not sure)

So there was: Mina (gugudan), Jaebum (got7 JB), Seokmin (Seventeen DK), Jungkook (BTS), Taeyong (Nct; I'm so sorry to be making him a cocky jerk, he's my bias actually XD), Eunha (Gfriend) 

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter! it was fun to write even if yes like Yoora, I hate football XD 

See you next chapter, it will be Sehun and Yoora's performance!

Comments are also appreciated <3<3<3