I'm not late

What If [Oh Sehun ft. Hwang Minhyun]

I run through the hallways, my bag on one shoulder, notebooks in the other hand.

Gosh why did I have to be late once again?!

Especially today?! What a great impression I will make to be late on the first day of the year!

I pester against myself and run faster to my class. 

Thank god I know The Seoul of Performing Arts High School well enough that I don't need a map anymore.

After two years in this building it would be strange indeed if I still got lost.

I make a turn and finally I see my class.

I slow down and try to catch my breath before I enter the classroom.

The teacher and the students turn their head to look at me when I arrive.

"Well miss Kang, I can see you're not getting anymore punctual than the previous two years, hopefully you will maybe learn how to use an alarm clock before graduation" The teacher snickers.

I bow my head and ignore the giggle of my fellow classmates and silently curse at my teacher before finding a place to sit.

I look across the room and I see my stupid best friend laughing at me.

I raise my head with pride and walk to him and fall into my seat next to him.

Just like we did for the past two years and even before that.

"Miss Kang, really you should learn how to use an alarm clock at your age" Sehun teases me.

I kick him with my elbow "Shush you! You know I never hear it!" I retort.

"The joke never gets old" He laughs.

"Miss Kang and Mister Oh! Do you wish to have detention on your first day?" The teacher scolds us.

"No" We bow our head down and apologize.

"If I hear you once more, I won't have any mercy for you two. You are almost adults, behave like it!" 

We finally stay silent and sort of listen to the teacher explaining once more how the school works.

We are in the dance department but we have to take classes in theater and acting too, as well as music. She tells us about the school's rules, same as usual.

The class goes on and Sehun and I are forced to keep our mouth shut or we would get kicked out of the class on the first day.

I already managed to arrive late so let's not add to it.

Finally the teacher finished her speech about the organisaton for our last year and she leaves the classroom. We now have a 10 minutes break before the next class.

I take advantage to turn around and greet my other best friend : Hwang Minhyun.

Sehun and I have been friends since we were small kids as I moved right next to his house when I was five. A few years later we met Minhyun. Well to be exact Sehun bullied him for a day because Minhyun confessed to me by giving me flowers (we were nine years old) and Sehun kind of got into a fight with him but I stopped him thanks to my incredible power over him. Yes this is sarcasm. To be precise I got hit in the nose by the two boys fighting as I tried to stop them.

My nose bleeding, stopped their fight and they immediately apologized. After that I forced them to be friends as a repayment for my broken nose and my stained shirt.

Since that day we have always been seen together.

I smile to my other best friend "How was Japan ?" I ask. "It's been forever since I last saw you !"

"It was barely three weeks ago" He laughs "But thanks, we enjoyed it, well my sister mostly. You have no idea how many cherry blossom trees we have taken pictures of. By the way Yoora, we have a new girl in the class" He informs me.

I turn around and I notice a pretty girl with long brown hair sitting rather in the front.

"Oh when did she arrive ?"

"Well on time not like you" Minhyun teases me.

"Oh shut up you" I say and I turn back to look at her. She's looking at her notebook but it's obvious she isn't reading it. She seems umconfrotable and no one is going to her. "We should talk to her" I say.

"Nah, we don't have to. Someone else will" Sehun states, not even looking up from his phone.

"That's not nice Sehun, would you like to be left alone in a new school ?"

He shrugs and I sigh and look back at the girl.

"Don't you think we should try and help her out ?" I ask again but this time to Minhyun.

"I guess, I mean I know how hard it is when you transfer from a new school" He says "Some people can be pretty mean, they can even Bully you" He says, emphasing on the word bully.

"Oh come on you can't possibly still be mad about this" Sehun sighs dramatically.

"Oh yes I am mister Oh ! You hit me without reason" Minhyun says with exagggeration.

"Not without reason. You just shouldn't have offered Yoora some flowers that's all" Sehun protest and crosses his arm.

"I'll do it again anytime." Minhyun says proudly.

"Try me" Sehun leans closer to him.

"Okay stop it you two. It's decided, I'll go talk to her !" I interrupt my best friends.

They don't really mean it. I have heard this fight countless of times for the past 8 years, they always go back to it but I know they don't mean it. They care deeply about each other, they're just to proud to admit it.

I get up and ignore Sehun's protest behind me and I walk to the new girl's desk.

"Hi there" I say and I offer my hand to the girl.

She's startled a little but when she sees me she relaxes "Oh hi" She smiles gratefuly. Finally someone talked to her.

"I'm-"

"Kang Yoora" She interrupts me 

"I guess you got my name thanks to my magnificent entrance earlier" I chuckle

"Yeah indeed"she says a bit shyly. "I'm Park Sooyoung" (A/N : A.K.A Joy from Red Velvet) 

"Nice to meet you" I smile and finally we shake hands. "Look, I saw you there and I was wondering if you needed help maybe getting around in the school. It's quite big so I could help you with directions. Trust me if you don't know it, it can easily turn into a maze."

"Gladly !" she exclaims "I was actually quite worried about it as I am terrible at directions"

"Then it's settled. So for your information, until the end of the morning we will be in this class, the math teacher should arrive soon and then we have lunch break so you can join us if you want" I offer

"Us ?"

"Oh yeah right, if you look over there" I point at my two friends talking "They are my friends, we always hang out together, so you would eat lunch with me and them. Don't worry they are two idiots but they are in general quite nice" I say.

She nods "Thanks, I gladly accept"

"No problem" I wink "Oh I should go, the teacher will arrive in one minute" I say and I go back to my seat.

"So ?" Minhyun immediately asks.

I can see from the corner of the eye that Sehun is listenning too.

"She said yes. She will be eating lunch with us" I smile.

Minhyun nods, while I see Sehun pout.

"Oh don't be moody, it's okay to make more friends you know" I chuckle.

He pouts "If you say so"

I can't reply back because the teacher enters the class and I can't do anything else than once again keep my mouth shut. I already have one teacher that hates me, let's not make it two.

 

- Lunch –

I find a table and I carry my tray to it, followed by Sooyung, and soon by my two best friends.

We sit down and start eating, there is a bit of an awkward silence but thankfully Minhyun makes an effort to break it.

"So Sooyoung, where are you from ?"

The girl raises her head, a bit surprised "I was in Seoul but in another school, I got transfered here because of my musical capacity"

"Oh do you want to pursue a career in music ?" He asks.

"Yeah actually. I would like to become an Idol"

SOPA is one of the rare places where saying you want to become an idol isn't mocked. It is many's dream and even if it's hard to achieve, it's not impossible. After all you don't get into SOPA if you are totally untalented.

"That's really cool !" I exclaim "You have the same dream as Sehun" I say and try to include to other into the conversation.

Sehun who was eating quietly, raises his head and just lets out a "yeah"

"That's really amazing !" Sooyoung exclaims somehow energized « What company interest you ?"

Sehun hesitates "SM"

"Oh me too ! What a coincidence !" Sooyoung says happily "Maybe we'll be labelmates"

"Maybe" My friend says uncertainly.

I kick him under the table.

"Ow !" He exclaims and glares at me.

I make big eyes to him.

"What ?" he mouthes

"Make an effort" I mouthe back.

He grumbles and I smile a little, Sehun is a little bit difficult with strangers, but once you get to know him, he's a sweetheart. Kinda tough but he is the kindest person I know. Okay maybe the second kindest because there is also Minhyun and that guy is an angel.

"SM really interest me because they have great idols such as Super Junior, TVXQ and SNSD" Sehun finally makes an effort and try and be friendly."

"Yes I agree,  admire SNSD a lot. My model is Yoona sunbaenim" Sooyoung says cheerfuly.

"Sunbaenim? You already see you in the industry I see" Sehun chuckles and Minhyun and I almost high five.

He chuckled that's a big thing. He's actually amused by a stranger and more than that a girl !

"I think that if you believe in your dream, they will get true" Sooyoung says.

Sehun smiles, amused.

It didn't go that badly in the end, I think and smile as my best friend is slowly opening up.

 

- After School -

The door bell rings as Sehun and I get out of the convenience near our neighboorhood with one banana milk for him and one strwaberry milk for me.

"Thank you for making an effort today" I say as I take first sip of my drink.

"I don't see what you're talking about" He says and looks at the sky.

"Of course you do. You tried to be friendly to Sooyoung" I hit him gently.

"I guess. I don't see why you want to take her under you wing so much though" He shrugs.

"It's not that. It just would be nice to have a female friend too you know" I say pensively.

"But you have female friends" he protests.

"Who ? Suzy ? She doesn't like me. She is friend with my because she wants to get closer to you. She secretly hates me because I am close to you" I explain.

"Nonsense" He shakes his head and takes a sip of his drink.

"I swear, you're more popular than you think" I chuckle.

"I don't care about them" He says more seriously.

"You would rather have us stay like we are" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes and no" He replies, not looking at me.

"Doesn't make sense" I laugh a little.

He just shrugs.

"I just don't want someone else in our group" He says.

"Don't worry, I won't go anywhere" I smile. "Don't tell me you're jealous" I .

"I am" He says and looks at me and with that he turns to walk up to his porch. Without realizing we arrived to his house. 

"See you tomorrow" Sehun says and he walks in without allowing me to add another word.

And all I can do is walk to my house, 20 meters further.

What a confusing guy...