I'm sorry

What If [Oh Sehun ft. Hwang Minhyun]

- Sehun POV -

 

As soon as we walk in, I regret being here and all I want is to go back to my house.


I hate parties.

But Yoora is here, and like hell I'm going to leave her alone at one of Mark's party, plus Minhyun isn't here either.

I look around and see students already drunk, people I also have never seen before.

Seriously how large is Mark's social circle?

"What do you want to do now" I ask but she doesn't hear me because of the loud music.


I ask again, this time closer to her ear and she looks up at me, her face dangerously close to me.


She doesn't seem to notice the very short distance between us but I sure do.

I gulp but right after she looks around then she looks back at me with a big smile that I know doesn't announce any good.

"I'll just say here, but you go talk to Sooyoung" She says enthusiastically.


I internally sigh, why doesn't she understand?


I swear if I wasn't clear enough already, I don't know what I would have to do.


Confess?

 Yeah maybe not.

"Yoora...." I whine, really not wanting to pretend I don't see the new girl's advances to me.

"Please Sehun, it's not a big deal, she's alone, just go talk to her"

"I really don't understand why you are so enthusiastic with me getting close to her" I say in disbelief.

"I'm not" She says and I look at her with surprise. I don't think she even realizes how much of a contradiction she is. It's as if she was doing this against her own will.

But again it's not like I understand how she reasons either so I could be wrong.

"But you have been mean to her since she arrived, just try and be friendly, what does it cost?" She continues.

I sigh once again, she's not totally wrong. To be fair Sooyoung isn't even that bad. Her advances are very obvious but in general she's a nice girl and it's not horrible to be in her company.

It's just I prefer to be with someone else.

"But I'm not going to leave you alone" I argue back.

She looks around, then she finds her solution.

Out of nowhere she drags Suzy to us; a very displeased and annoyed Suzy.

But as soon as she sees me she suddenly smiles brightly.

If only I could have as much success with my best friend as I have with Suzy and Sooyoung.

"I'm not alone, I'm with Suzy" Yoora exclaims as if this was the most normal situation.

I'm really dumbfounded at how hard she's trying to get me close to Sooyoung, I just don't understand why.

"Okay then, but I'll be back soon" I say, still doubtful at this weird combination in front of my eyes before I finally leave them to go find the new girl.

I internally laugh a little, imagining what excuse Yoora have to come up with to have dragged Suzy like this.

I look around, trying to spot the cute girl that apparently everyone wants me to end up with until finally I find her, she's a bit out of a group of girls talking, I recognize a few but somehow Sooyoung isn't taking parts in the conversation, she's just listening, a cup in her hand.

For the first time I actually find her pretty, she seems quite melancholic and she isn't excessively displaying her charms like she normally does when I'm around.

She's just being here, not being too bubbly, being in a way fake, what I can't stand, and for the first time I see that she is attractive.

I space out of my thoughts and walk up to her.


"Hey, what's up?" I say and I cringe internally.

She jumps in a surprise a little "Oh! Sehun!" She exclaims.


"Hi" She smiles gently and I enjoy these few seconds of her just acting normal with me, what seems to be more like herself instead of trying to seduce me.

"So what's up?" I ask again, not sure how to start a conversation otherwise.

I never had this problem with Yoora, we always talk casually without any boundaries.

Except when it comes to love, that's a subject I would rather avoid as I don't know if I could just lie to her.

"I'm fine, just talking with the others, enjoying the party" She says cheerfully and for the first time I see beyond that, I wish she would show her true self more often, I wouldn't mind being friends with someone like her.

"You seemed quite out of it when I arrived" I notice.

"I guess" Her smile falters a bit "I still don't know many people here, it's tough making friends" She adds.

I nod understandingly 

"But I would like to try and be friends with you" She smiles genuinely.

"I think I could manage that" I reply and smile a little for the first time.


She is radiating after my response, finally things are going her way.

I'm lowkey wondering if I didn't just do a mistake, I don't want to give her false hope.

"I'll go grab us a drink" I say as I notice her cup is empty. 

I don't really wait for a reply and I go look for a bottle of something, not to strong preferably.

Somehow from the corner of the eye, I see something out of the place and I notice I have been checking on Yoora since the beginning.

And I notice that Taeyong is now by her side, I immediately feel my blood boil in my veins.

What does this a** think he's doing?!


And suddenly I see him grab her wrist harshly.

I don't think twice, I just leave Sooyoung standing there and in a matter of seconds, I'm by Yoora's side and I grab Taeyong's wrist and detach it from her arm.


"Leave. Her. Alone" I say almost in a growl.

How can he even dare act like this towards her?!

I shouldn't have left her.

I just feel like I could punch this guy until he understands what it means when you hurt those I love.

"Why are you here? What's your problem?" Taeyong replies, not sensing how much I am on the verge of beating him up.

"I think it's you who have a problem" I say darkly and I step closer to him.

The guy looks me up and down, and he realizes how deadly serious I am.

"I-I just wanted to talk that's all" He quickly defends himself.

"Well go talk to someone else and don't bother Yoora anymore" I say, even closer to him, I look down on him, making him understand that if he doesn't leave now, he'll have to face the consequences.

"Fine, fine, I'm going" He quickly backs off and gets lost somewhere.

Finally the tension leaves my body and I immediately turn to look at Yoora.

I suddenly realize how close I was to becoming violent.


"Are you okay?" I ask to the girl who could ask me to go catch the moon and I would do it.

"I'm fine Sehun" She smiles reassuringly "He was just being annoying, nothing serious"

"Didn't seem like it" I mutter and I can feel myself getting angry again and I look in the dancing crowd, almost in hope of seeing Taeyong so I can finish what I started. The simple thought of his aggressive hand on my best friend's wrist makes me boil with rage again.

"It really was nothing Sehun" She says and I almost feel bad that she's once again reassuring me, treating me like a child even. "Let's find something to do, where are the others? " She asks to distract me.

I sigh and just shrug, I don't want to let go of what that a**hole did but I don't really have the choice.

"Wait, weren't you with Sooyoung?" She exclaims.

I totally forgot about her, to be fair I was busy trying to protect Yoora.

"Ah" I look away, trying to find the other girl but she's not where I left her. Suddenly I feel a bit guilty to have left her hanging like this. I probably even hurt her... "Well the thing is, I went to look for a drink for us, when I saw Taeyong bother you so I might have left her... alone"

"Oh my god Sehun, come on! I could have taken care of myself!" She sighs and she takes me hand to drag me in the house.

She didn't do it on purpose but I can very clearly feel her hand in mine and somehow I forget everything that just happened, I just wish I could hold her hand whenever I want.

She takes me to a group of people sitting in the living room and I very quickly understands what this is all about "Nooo" I whine.

Not Truth or Dare.

Years ago, when we were young, I maybe got jealous because Yoora kissed Minhyun on the cheek as a dare.

My feelings for her really go way back even if at that time I did not know what it was. I just couldn't stand seeing her kiss someone else.

Without me realizing, Yoora sits me between Yoojung and Sooyoung and she leaves.

I'm about to get back up and follow her, but she sits in front of me, participating in the game to.


I look at her, a bit helpless but she doesn't look back.

"Hi again Sehun"  Sooyoung says softly.

I gulp a bit in embarrassment as I turn to look at her "Hi Sooyoung, sorry for before, I didn't mean to leave you like that"

"It's okay" She replies but I can sense that I hurt her. 

I can't say anything to try and excuse my attitude because Mark starts explaining the rule and right after that we all start playing truth or dare.

I can't believe I just fell into the trap that is this game again.

Yoora finally looks at me, desperate too because she realized what we were playing and I can only chuckle, this was a bad idea.

The truth or dare starts, the usual questions and dare: show skin, hickey and so on, nothing really new. Though Mark leaving a blue mark on Jaebum's neck was a bit of a surprise.

Then it's Yoora's turn. I'm immediately more focused on the game. I'm praying to the sky that she won't get a dare to kiss an other guy or something like that.

"Truth" She says.

I sigh internally in relief, it won't go to bad then.

"You're always with Minhyun and Sehun, do you have romantic feelings for any of the two?" Seokmin asks.

My heart almost skips a beat, that's the kind of question I really want to know the answer of.

Yoora seems really startled and she starts stuttering which I would normally find cute but now when it's because of saying these words "N-N-No! Of course not! They're my best friends!"

My heart gets a bit more crushed. I got friendzoned a tones of times over the years already, but it still hurts. I sometimes think that this is hopeless, she might never see me differently than as a brother.

"Who says you can't develop feelings for your best friend." Damn right Seokmin, Minhyun and I are the living proof of that "Would you be lying?"


A hint of hope grows in me, it's always there. A hope of something more between us. But no matter what it's not like she would suddenly confess or magically realize what she feels under the eyes of a dozen of persons.


"Leave her alone" I say neutrally, aware that this is not the moment to show my feelings. 

"Oooh your knight in shinning armor just saved you, will we have a new couple soon in the school? " 

I wish is all I can think as I look at the beautiful girl in front of me.

They eventually after a few turns, it's my time to play.

"Sehun, finally, truth or dare? " Seokmin asks and from his look I understand that either way I am screwed.

"Truth" I answer.


"Cool, but don't expect this to go this easy. we tried before to get an answer from Yoora, but maybe you can tell us more. Do you have a crush on anyone?"

I almost laugh, this was predictable.

I look directly at Yoora but she's looking down.

"Yes" I say.

I can hear everyone whistle, curious to know who it is but all I can look at is Yoora.

Suddenly I want more, I want her to know, I want to know for sure if we have no chance together.

I only hear Sooyoung say "Dare " And I give up on trying to make eye contact with Yoora because I hear what Sooyoung is being dared to do

"Okay then, you have to kiss Sehun ten times, it can be just pecks, wherever you want, but make it ten" Mark says.

I freeze. I know for sure that this is not what I want, not like this, not in a meangless game, and not with a girl I don't love.

Yoora suddenly stands up, she falters a little before she regains her balance and she walks away as fast as light.

At first I don't understand why.

Why would she leave like this, with a face that looks both dejected and hurt.

Could it be?

That flame of hope inside of me grows a little bit.

Was she hurt that Sooyoung was about to kiss me? 

Did she think I have a crush on Sooyoung, which would make no sense but, 


Would it be possible?


Could she be jealous?v

Or am I imagining things and I will only get even more hurt.

I want to know for sure.

I get up, ignoring Sooyoung's dare, not caring what they will think or say and I go look for Yoora.

And I look for her for half an hour.

Somehow I can't find her even if I looked everyhwere where she could be.

It's as if she disappeared. 

That's until I finally found her.

Almost passed out next to the drink section.

She has an empty cup in one hand and she's half asleep, blabbering nonsense

People have left her like this and are still dancing but glancing from time to time to the passed out girl.

I sigh, this is for sure a first.

I guess I will have to ask her about her feelings later.

I smile a little because she is almost drooling a little.

"Yoora?" I say and try to wake her up

She only groans in reply.


I chuckle a little, all my worries momentarily forgotten.


"Come on let's take you home" I laugh a little.

I crouch next to her and put an arm under her to try and lift her off the groan.


She seems to understand and she slowly tries to get up on her two feet, but as soon as she does, she loses her balance and if it hand't been for me, she would have fallen.

I sigh "I guess I have no other choice"

I get in front of her, take her arms, put them around my neck and grab her legs, doing my best so that she doesn't fall.

By some sort of miracle, she stays on my back, not falling or anything and I'm up on my two feet.

"Gosh you're heavy" I say and she mutters something back, but it's indistinct.


"Thank god you're not really aware of what is happening, you would have hit me already" I say, more to myself than to her.

I finally can enjoy taking care of her, without fearing to be making her uncomfortable.

I walk through the crowd and as soon as the others see me situation, they let me go through.

In less that two minutes, I'm out of the house with all our stuff and Yoora dozing off on my back.

Fortunately Mark lives nearby our neighborhood so it is a walking distance.

I take my time and enjoy the simple moment like this. I wish Yoora was awake so that we could truly share this moment. But for now I will have to be content with just this.

The hope in my heart grow even more, if what I saw was right, we could have a chance.

Maybe I'm wrong, but for once I actually want to try, I'm sick of this one sided love.

But even if I want that, it won't be that easy.

I can't just destroy our relationship like that.

We walk in the almost silent night, it's already passed 2 and I feel so peaceful.

This moment is almost perfect.

Eventually we arrive in front of Yoora's house.

I ring and her mother opens the door, I quickly give her an excuse to her daughter's state and she lets me go in to put my best friend to bed.

I know this house like my own and I quickly go upstairs, the almost asleep girl, still on my back.

I gently lay her down on the bed, doing my best for her to stay peacefully like this, not to be to harsh.

I gently tuck her under the cover and I just watch her for a minute.

I suddenly feel overwhelmed with emotion.

« Se-Sehun » She mutters, half asleep.

I smile a little and gently caress her cheek.

« I'm sorry » I whisper « I'm sorry but I have to » 

I get up.

« Sorry » I say as I slowly close the door.

And without me noticing, the half asleep girl heard me and will have her dreams filled of sorry and unspoken confessions.