Destined to Love

Pandromeda OneShot Shop {CLOSED}

Pairings: You/ Sungyeol - Infinite

Theme/Genre:
-Arranged marriage life of an idol with an ordinary people.
- Romance
- Comedy

Written by:

ljoeholic

 

Requested by:  
nanie92



Note: OC’s name will be Eunyeon


 

Destined to Love

“MARRYING WHO?!” you shouted across the table of the family table. Your parents looked at you with wide eyes.

“You’re going to marry Lee Sungyeol. I don’t care if you don’t know him or if you don’t like him. But as your parents, we want to see you get married. You’re almost 21 now and you never had a boyfriend. Your mother and I thought it was best to set up an arranged marriage with the boy next door. He, too, is going through the same thing as you. You might not like him now, but you will sooner or later,” your dad said. Your parents stood up and left the table. As they left, your mother rubbed your shoulder, telling you that you’ll be okay.

“You’re moving into your new apartment with Sungyeol tomorrow. You better get packing,” your dad said as he walked up the stairs to his office.

You sighed of disbelief and slouched in your chair. *I can’t believe I’m going to be married to an unknown boy. Especially to the most annoying boy in the whole neighborhood.* You stared at the wedding invitation of yours and Sungyeol.

 

 

●▬▬▬▬▬۩۩▬▬▬▬▬●

Mr. and Mrs. Jung Chungho
request the honor of your presence
at the marriage of their daughter

Jung Eunyeon
to
Lee Sungyeol

son of Mr. and Mrs. Lee Daehyun
February 14th
at Mr. Lee Daehyun’s Yacht
at Jeju.

●▬▬▬▬▬۩۩▬▬▬▬▬●

 

 

You sighed once more and buried your face in your arms, with the light shining over you at the family table.

You slowly got up from the table and walked up to your room. All of your items were packed in boxes; the only things that weren’t packed were your clothing. You slowly shifted your gaze to your closet, which there hung a white, long dress. You touched its long trails of seams. *But, maybe this is the best for me...* You took your suitcase from under your bed and started to pack your clothes.

 

 

●▬▬▬▬▬۩۩▬▬▬▬▬●

               

Sungyeol calmly stood in front of his father. *Marry? To that girl next door?* He furrowed his eyebrows.

“Stretch out your arms,” the seamstress said. Sungyeol did as he was told.

“Say ‘I do’ tomorrow at the wedding. I don’t care if you don’t like the girl. You need to get out of the house. You need to be with other people,” his father said.

Sungyeol scoffed. “And in order for me to do that, you want me to get married?”

His father shifted his gaze to him. “Jung Eunyeon. She’s a sweet girl. Unlike those other girls you’ve been with. I just want you to--”

“I can’t be happy if I marry a stranger,” he interrupted.

“She’s not a complete stranger. She goes to the same college as you.” Sungyeol just stayed quiet. “Plus, your mother wants a grandchild.”

Sungyeol twitched. *Grandchild? Pft. No way am I going to be in the same room with that girl.*

 

●▬▬▬▬▬۩۩▬▬▬▬▬●

You woke up the next day, it was sunny, and the weather was warm. A perfect day for a wedding. But it wasn’t a perfect day for you. It was the day you were going to get married and be away from your family.

You slowly got up and went to the bathroom to freshen.

You came down moments later, in a sundress and flats. Your mother smiled as she saw you. “Well, how are you? Today’s the big day, sweetie,” she said and kissed your forehead. You just smiled. She grabbed your arm and pulled you outside to the car. “Let’s get to the yacht before the wedding starts.”

Hours later, you were in a cabin of the yacht, in your wedding dress with your hair up in a bun. You gazed at yourself in the mirror. “Omo, you’re so pretty!” your mother said with a sniffle. “Only 20 minutes before the wedding starts. I’ll let you rest,” she said and left the room.

Meanwhile in Sungyeol’s cabin, Sungyeol blankly stared at himself in the mirror. *I look stupid. This whole thing is stupid.* His parent’s didn’t come in to comfort him like your mother did. *I hope this Jung Eunyeon girl looks pretty.*

●▬▬▬▬▬۩۩▬▬▬▬▬●

The wedding march song started to play. Everyone and Sungyeol were in their positions, waiting for you to walk up the aisle with your arm around your father’s. Indeed, you did, but your face showed no happiness. Sungyeol looked at you when you were only a few feet away from him. It was like love at first sight. *I thought I was marrying a girl from my neighborhood... She’s probably new.* His expression softens.

After saying vows and your ‘I dos’ everyone gathered into the ballroom. You were sitting in between Sungyeol and Sunggyu. Your hand intertwined with Sungyeol’s. You shifted your gaze to Sunggyu who looked back at you with a smile, encouraging you. You soften when he smiled. You didn’t know why, but every time he smiled, he makes you feel like you were different.

Sungyeol saw you looking at Sunggyu and couldn’t help but feel jealous. But he knew that you were his forever and that both of you are now married and together.

Sunggyu stayed after the wedding ended. He sighed of sadness and happiness. “Congrats, Eunyeonnie... You’re finally married. To my cousin.” He shifted his gaze to Sungyeol. “You better take good care of my friend, Kid,” he said.

Sungyeol then wrapped an arm around your waist. “Don’t worry hyung, I’ll take care of this chick,” he said with a grin.

Sunggyu nodded. “Mmhmm. Right,” he said and left.

 

      ●▬▬▬▬▬۩۩▬▬▬▬▬●

 

2 weeks after you wedding with Sungyeol, you both gotten closer than ever, but then you both got in a fight. He never lets you be in the same room as him, and he doesn’t want to sleep in the same bed or couch as you. Both your parents came by to see you both. They realized that you’re both mad at each other and tries to make everything better. But that doesn’t seem to work. Then you decided that you needed to stay away from Sungyeol for a while. So you decided to go to a place where you always went when you were sad.

“She’s WHERE?!” Sungyeol shouted through the phone.

“She’s at Sunggyu’s house. Did you guys fight or something?” L asked. Sungyeol didn’t say anymore and locked his phone and ran out of his house. *If that hamster touches her, I’m going to kill him.*

As he approached Sunggyu’s apartment door, he barged in without an invite. You and Sunggyu looked at him with wide eyes as he glared back at both of you. You and Sunggyu were both on the couch with the TV on. Your eyes were filled with tears. As soon as Sungyeol saw your tears he started to explode. He gripped your shoulders and wiped your tears away. “WHY ARE YOU CRYING?! DID THAT HAMSTER DO SOMETHING TO YOU?!” he asked and glared at Sunggyu. “WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!” he asked him as he hugged you tightly. Sunggyu didn’t reply, so Sungyeol pulled you out of the apartment and pushed you into his car.

Sunggyu watched you and Sungyeol leave in his car with a wide grin. *I knew it. He does love her.*

Sungyeol parked his car in the parking lot of the apartment building. He sighed and leaned his head back on the seat. “Why?” You looked at him with confusion. He looked at you. “Why did you go to him in a situation like this?” You didn’t answer. “Sunggyu doesn’t like you like that if that’s what you’re thinking. He just likes you as a friend. While I...”

You waited for him to continue speaking. But nothing. “Because he told me to.” Sungyeol looked at you. “He told me that if I did, you might follow.” Still he said nothing. Probably because he’s confused. “And he says that it will prove to me how much you really care about me if you come and follow me there.” You paused. "And you did." You let out a deep breath. "Tell me, Lee Sungyeol. Do you really love me? As a person that you never met...but married anyways?"

Sungyeol looked deep into your eyes. "I do. Ever since the wedding, you changed my life more than any girl that I've dated. You, Lee Eunyeon, are indeed one outstanding girl," he said and smiled as he took your hand. "I don't like you because you’re pretty. I love you because of your personality and, because you're more than just pretty." He sighed and looked out the window. "Before the wedding, I didn't want to marry you. But I knew I had to, because my dad wanted me to have a better life, rather than being just a snobby rich boy who hits on every girl he sees." He chuckled to himself silently. "I did the right thing."

You gazed at him. You always thought that he hated you and that he regretted marrying you. *Question is, did I do the right thing about marrying this cute stranger?*

Sungyeol looked back at you. "You changed my life, Jung Eunyeon. No, LEE Eunyeon," he said with a wide grin and tightened his grip around your hand. "I love you, my wife..." he said and ended it with a long kiss.

*I did do the right thing.* you both thought. *I love you, you crazy stranger.*