The Love Between an Ajussi and an Ajumma

Pandromeda OneShot Shop {CLOSED}
 
(A/N: Hello! You left this very open ended, which don't worry that's not at all a bad thing, but it left me a lot of room to create this story. The OC's character name is Heeyoung. ***I found it fitting since Heeyoung means eternal.*** Haha, and this is a highschool story. Meaning, in this little alternate universe Jinyoung is not a part of B1A4. I hope you enjoy!)
 
She sensed him before she actually saw him.
 
She had a knack for being able to do things like that. Knowing people's presence before they had let it become known themselves.
 
He was doing the thing that made Jinyoung, Jinyoung; checking his reflection in his hand held mirror, meticulously fixing each and every hair so that it might take on that “Perfectly Windblown” look he tried so hard to replicate. He was wearing true blue denim skinny jeans, and a tight red V-neck that enunciated his toned body perfectly. She would know that it looked flawless on him, having purchased the shirt for him herself.
 

He looked near Godly, despite his foolish habit of looking at himself like he was a Prince.

 
“Ajusshi!” She called out from across the grass area of the park.
 
He continued to be completely unfazed; totally unaware of his best friend screaming at him. She sprinted across the area to where he lounged, waltzing up to him and plopping down onto the bench space next to him.
 
“How'd you find me?!” He cried out, looking up from his mirror to glare at her, completely uninsulted by the nickname used for him. He should have been, seeing that was what she'd been calling him since Kindergarten.
 
He appraised her, taking in her skinny jeans, which were tucked into her knee high, red suede boots. She was wearing a loose, matching red tank top, the print in the middle of it screaming B1A4 in bright, bold white letters. The tank top, he noticed with pride, he had bought her for her birthday that year. On top of her head rested Hello Kitty headphones, which were decorated with actual cat ears.
 
“Aish! How embarrassing! An Ajumma dressing like a teenager.” He scolded playfully, snatching the headphones off of her head. The effect slightly messing up her long, midnight black hair, and earning him an annoyed YAH.
 
“They look better on me.” He concluded, placing them atop his head. He flipped open his mirror again and pouted into it, laughing at the adorable Kitty Cat ears.
 
“Ajusshi! Get with the times! You're more suited for,” She looked around the scenery of the park they were in, finally settling on a real middle-aged, funkily dressed Ajusshi.
 
“Especially the fanny pack. You need a fanny pack.” She decided with a nod of her head.
 
She grabbed the headphones back from the protesting male and put them, along with her iTouch, back into her red messenger bag.
 
“So,” She started, trying to word the question she wanted to ask so badly, correctly, “Who are you waiting for?”
 
“I thought I told you?” He said, voice raising into a question at the end of his statement.
 
“You didn't.”
 
“Well,” He started, “I was waiting for Ga Eul, you know, the girl from 7th period biology. But, turns out she was sick or something today.” He excused dumbly, ruffling his hair in annoyance.
 
She could tell from the look in his eyes he was disappointed on more levels than once.
 
Ga Eul was the school's most popular girl. She was also the school's biggest player. She went through guys like she was walking through a field of flowers. Stomping on millions of poor, crushed petals with one simple footfall.
 
So, when she'd turned her attention on Jinyoung, Heeyoung tried to keep her eyes on him, tried to keep her best friend from becoming just another crushed flower. But Jinyoung was the stubborn type. Stubborn as a mule. And because of it, he became hurt by the hands of Ga Eul, the exact thing she'd tried to protect him from.
 
She tried with all of her will power to talk him out of it when he asked Ga Eul out. He didn't listen.
 
He'd waited for her in the park that day for two hours. She knew that.
 
She also knew (from Facebook stalking Ga Eul the entire day to see if she would post anything about her date.) That Ga Eul wasn't sick at all today. She was in fact, completely healthy. Healthy enough to be going on a date with some other boy. Some other boy that wasn't Jinyoung.
 
Heeyoung and Jinyoung both knew that Ga Eul hadn't showed up because of that reason.
 
So Heeyoung had rushed to his aid, choosing to save him from his misery, knowing that he'd still be at the park by now, trying to play off his sadness.
 
She also knew that his pride wouldn't allow him from admitting that Ga Eul simply, didn't want him. He would excuse it away, as he always did.
 
So she had to be there to pick up the pieces for him. Like she always was.
 
“Oh.” She said simply.
 
She leaned back on the bench, head lolling over the edge of it. Her hair was remarkably long enough to touch the ground on the other side.
 
 
“Yah! Ajumma!” He proclaimed in a louder tone than was regular for him.
 
“What?!” She shrieked, jumping up off the bench.
 
“You're a girl right?” He clarified.
 
“You little punk!” Heeyoung screeched, socking him on his upper right arm.
 
“I was serious!” He shouted in defense, rubbing his stinging red arm sorely.
 
“Yes, pabo. Last time I checked, I was a girl.”
 
“Well, then, you go on a date with me!” He stood up too, smiling at her brightly, eyes shining, reminding her so much of a pouting puppy dog.
 
Her heart fluttered, and she began to feel the inevitable blood rushing to her cheek, “E-Eh?”
 
“Not a serious date!” He clarified.
 
Her hopeful smile quickly turned into a scowl.
 
He didn't seem to notice, continuing, “Since Ga Eul obviously couldn't seem to make it, we can go on a... Friend Date together.”
 
He smiled broadly, reminding her once more of an overexcited dog, and reached out for her hand, leaving it out as an offering of sorts.
 
She thought through the two options in her head. The one that she WANTED to do, and the one that she knew she would actually do.
 
The one she wanted to do: To smack his hand away, yell at him. Tell him she wasn't some toy that he could dismantle, like one of his many abused cellphones. That she loved him, that she had loved him since she'd first met him. She wanted to run away in tears and curl up in a ball and eat pounds of chocolate and watch romantic movies and cry.
 
What she actually did, what she knew she was going to do, was:
 
Grab his hand, give him a halfhearted smile - effectively hiding her true feelings - and said in her most carefully practiced cheerful voice, “Sure.”
 
His ten watt smile grew, and the pair rushed off to a place that Heeyoung didn't seem to know the location of.
 
 
 
“This is where I wanted to take Ga Eul!” He sighed.
 
She looked up at the bright amusement park sign, reading, “Fun Land!
 
“How generic.” She said coyly, being the cynical girl that she had always been.
 
“Deh, it's only in town this weekend. I'm glad we're going together. Who needs-” He stopped, face falling, unwilling to say her name.
 
They moved up in line to the ticket booth. Heeyoung waited patiently behind Jinyoung, thinking they were both going to pay for their own separate ticket.
 
He took out his wallet though, and asked politely for two tickets, paying the 1,000 won required for each one.
 
“Is someone else coming along with us?” She asked dumbly, seriously wondering why in God's name he had purchased two tickets.
 
“This Ajumma is losing her mind.” He sighed, shaking his head. “They're for both of us! It is a Friend Date after all, it's the chivalrous thing to do.... For a friend.”
 
She blushed again, wondering if a heart could leap out of ones chest from delight. So happy was she that she barely noticed, or cared, that he had once again, pinned the terrible word friend onto her favorite word date.
 
“You know, an Ajusshi like you shouldn't be at an amusement park. It's probably bad for your blood pressure or something. We should leave, immediately. Go to a museum or something. It fits our age group better.” She chided, playfully, her words doubting her actions when she snatched the ticket out of his hand and gave it over to the Security Guard.
 
“Anniyo!” He insisted sorely, “Let's go, we have to ride everything!”
 
He grabbed her hand, not knowing the effect it had on her, and ran off towards a Ferris Wheel that seemed to be taller than the Statue of Liberty.
 
“Anniyo! I-I can't!” She insisted as soon as she lay her eyes upon the torturous contraption people claimed the Ferris Wheel.
 
She her heels and began to walk in the other direction, attempting to pull Jinyoung away from the devious looking amusement park ride. He would have none of this, and dug his red converse into the ground determinedly, holding her where she was.
 
He roped her in, hugging her around the waist, and whispered into her ear, “I know you're scared of heights. We've been best friends since we were like five. But, I really want to ride it. I'll protect you, Okay?”
 
His words, she suddenly decided, worked on her better than any anxiety relief pill ever would. She nodded, face still pale, and said in a croaky voice that sounded much unlike her regular one, “Fine.”
 
They walked ahead, Heeyoung cursing the fact that absolutely nobody was at this semi-lame One Weekend Only Fair, and that they only had to wait a good minute before they were in the Ferris Wheel seat, waiting for the ride director to lock the door on them.
 
“I feel like a bird, trapped in a far too tiny cage.” She exhaled deeply, reminding herself not to look down, even though the ride hadn't even started yet. She was pressed way too close to Jinyoung, so close it almost felt like they were attached at the hip, which was ironic considering, metaphorically, they were.
 
She opened to tell him this, but immediately forgot when she saw him whip out his camera phone, turning the lens on the two of them.
 
“You're fine!” He insisted., “Let's take a picture. This is like, a milestone in your life. Your first time riding a Ferris Wheel!” He pressed his cheek up against her, effectively increasing her grin by about 10%.
 
He pressed down upon the TAKE button, waiting for the cheesy, shutter sound to chime. Once it did, he turned the screen to them so that they could view the picture.
 
“Cute-ah!” He sighed, looking at the picture fondly.
 
Their cheeks were pressed together, his smile so large his eyes were reduced to mere slits. Hers was the same, though her eyes were considerably wider than his. They looked like an Ulzzang couple, she noted with pride.
 
“OH, and you look good too.” He said cheekily.
 
“You pab-WHOA!” She gasped.
 
The ride had finally taken off, which had made the chair rock forward suddenly. She was shoved into him, heart rate intensifying to a level that could have given her a heart attack had she been an actual Ajumma. Their faces, due to the shift in gravity, had become dangerously close.
 
He gasped, gazing into her eyes. His eyes darted down to her full, thick lips, and he blushed, praying that she couldn't read minds.
 
Because his only thought at that moment was, I want to kiss her.
 
It felt like time had stopped. They couldn't separate, continuing to stare into each others eyes, blushing like tomatoes, wondering if their muscles had been turned to jelly by the lack of movement they were able to do.
 
It was only until the car rocked again that they flew apart. She hit the door of the car and, that intense moment now at the back of her mind, made the fatal mistake of looking down at the ground.
 
Never had Heeyoung been risen to such a height that when she looked down she mistook the people for ants. And she never wanted to be up that high again.
 
“UMMA!” She screeched, curling up into a little ball.
 
He tried not to laugh as he watched her pitiful form, but simply couldn't help it when she looked down again and had the same reaction, hiding her face in between her knees and whispering, “Let me off, let me off!”
 
“Ajusshi! Omo! I forgot about you for a second!” She gasped suddenly, looking over at him as if it were the first time she'd seen him all day. She grabbed for his arm and gripped it like it was a life raft and not a moveable, working body part.
 
“Aish!” He gasped, shocked by her vice-like grip, “Watch it! Omo, you have sharp nails!” He cried out, trying to pry them off of his precious arm.
 
“I blame you.” She shrugged, looking down at the ground and whimpering a little.
 
“I think you might be a masochist.” He sighed.
 
After enough work and protesting, he successfully wrenched her fingers off his arms, shaking his head at the deep nail impressions left behind.
 
He placed his arm around her, pulling her in, and began to her slowly, comfortingly, like she was a cat and not a person.
 
She looked shocked, but simply settled upon saying, “I don't even know what that word means.”
 
“It means,” He continued, cupping her face in his hands and turning it towards him so that she would look at him and not the ground, “That you like to torture yourself. No one's making you look at the ground. So just stop. Instead of looking at the ground, look around you.”
 
“The only thing I can see right now is you.” She replied bluntly.
 
“And isn't that the best view in all of Korea?”
 
She rolled her eyes.
 
“Seriously though,” He continued, “look around.”
 
Heeyoung did as commanded, gasping when she realized she was looking at the glimmering buildings of Seoul. Everything sparkled and lit up. Like it was a picture from a postcard. The world gleamed around her as though it had been enhanced by a camera editing software. Heeyoung felt as though she was on top of the world, at that moment unable to believe that she had ever been afraid of heights. They brought her to this place. Frantically, she began blinking her eyes, trying to take mental pictures of the beautiful scenery.
 
Eventually, they were brought back down to earth and allowed off the Ferris wheel, Jinyoung rubbing it in her face that he knew she would love it every five seconds.
 
No matter how much she argued back that she had indeed hated it, and would never be speaking to him again, she still did it in a dreamy sort of voice, mind back on the place she once was.
 
 
 
It was perfect, like being a real couple, Heeyoung thought wistfully.
 
He ended their night with Couple's Cell Phone Charms. They were two half’s of a heart (red of course.) That split down the middle, one part of the heart reading, “For,” and the second one reading, “Ever.” Even though, to Heeyoung's disappointment he still claimed they were only friend couple charms.
 
A vibration started up in Jinyoung's pants pocket, and, as though he had been electrocuted, he shot his hand down to grab the source of the vibrating, his cell phone.
 
“”It's Ga Eul!” He cried out with glee upon seeing her name light up the LED screen of his phone.
 
He jabbed the talk button on the cellular device and held it up to his ear, the half heart, their half heart, she thought forlornly, dangling from the cell phone holder.
 
He listened to the opposite end for a while, smile growing after each second, nodding frantically every now and then as though Ga Eul could see him.
 
“Chinja? I'll be right there!” He said flamboyantly, hanging up after a hurried goodbye.
 
His face was flushed from excitement. He was the epitome of emotions, and as he looked down at Heeyoung, his heart fell, seriously wondering how long she'd been standing in that exact same spot.
 
“Ga Eul called, said she's feeling better, wants me to come over!” He cried out blithely, expecting Heeyoung to be on Cloud 9 like he was.
 
She wondered if a heart could shatter; wondered if she should be concerned that her's was quite literally crumbling away into nothing right inside her very body.
 
What happened next, due to her rushing emotions; she couldn't help. She simply couldn't help it. She'd held back too long, guarded her feelings for far too long and abruptly, everything that she'd been feeling just flew out of her before she could control it.
 
“You know I hate her. You know she's not good for you. She doesn't deserve you. But then again, if you can literally be so blind as to not see the one who is perfect for you, then maybe you do deserve each other.” She scowled scornfully.
 
His voice quivering at her sudden outburst, he asked in a calm rage, “What are you even talking about?!”
 
She simply shook her head, unwilling to deal with him.
 
Saying nothing, knowing that actions spoke louder than words, she unhooked her wretched cell phone charm and threw it on the ground. She then her heels and sauntered away from him, heart beating like an angry pulsing drum.
 
“Have fun with Ga Eul” She called back to him. Her voice shook, she sent a quick prayer to each and every Deity that he didn't hear that, and she didn't even bother to look back once.
 
As soon as she was sure he couldn't see her, she dropped her Cool Girl facade. She broke out into a run and continued her pace for the entire distance back to her house. She refused to cry though; simply focused on the rhythmic beat of her footsteps pounding down the pavement one after the other.
 
Soon enough she tore into her house and collapsed upon her living room couch, – forgetting to shut the door behind her - feeling so thankful her parents weren't around.
 
Now she could cry.
 
If she had another friend, a girlfriend to vent to, she wouldn't have shed one tear over that boy.
 
But, she thought angrily, the only person I've ever poured me heart out to is in some other girl's arms.
 
What pained Heeyoung the most - over anything else that had happened that entire day - was that she could see the differences between her and Ga Eul.
 
Ga Eul was sophisticated, older. She always wore perfect makeup, which defined her curly black lashes and thick red lips. Ga Eul's body was defined, every shape that should be on a woman's body ever present.
 
So much unlike me, Heeyoung thought wistfully. She never wore makeup, which did nothing to help enunciate her plain features. Her hair wasn't edgy and chocolate brown like Ga Eul's. Simply black and straight, falling to the floor. And her body was a polar opposite of Ga Eul's. Heeyoung still pertained the body of a ten year old, short and skinny with no definition or curves to be seen.
 
She couldn't help but think that her and Jinyoung were more than that though. That their friendship was more than skin deep.
 
She finally came to the conclusion that, a wonderful, Prince like Jinyoung wasn't suited for a plain girl like her.
 
“Stupid Ajusshi.” She mumbled into the pillow she was holding.
 
“Who are you calling stupid, Ajumma?” A voice asked.
 
She looked up in shock, not daring to believe her eyes as Jinyoung appeared from the shadows of her house, walking closer to her.
 
“J-Jinyoung?” She asked, his actual name feeling foreign on her tongue.
 
He seemed surprised at this too, saying, “That's not usually what you call me.”
 
“What are you doing here?” She asked bitterly, ignoring his last comment. “Shouldn't you be with Ga Eul?”
 
“I was about to go,” He said as he walked closer to her, “Move your feet!” He shoved them off the couch, and plopped down next to her, smiling cheekily when she glared at him.
 
“Well then, you should leave Jung Jinyoung. I wouldn't want you to keep her waiting.” She hopped off the couch and turned to the hallway towards her bedroom, planning on locking the door and hiding under her covers until he finally gave up and left.
 
“Yeah,” He started, “But then I wouldn't be able to do this.”
 
He grabbed her hand and pulled her back down on the couch. She convulsed, unsure of whether to run or punch him. She looked at him like a deer caught in headlights, her eyes wide and full of shock. He took the opportunity, and with no hesitation, pressed his lips to her cheek.
 
They felt like silk and cotton and roses as they pressed upon her soft, thin cheek. They were just the slightest bit wet, like dew on fresh spring grass, and they were softer than cotton wrapped in silk.
 
She gasped, then closed her eyes, reeling in pleasure at his soft show of affection.
 
Then just as quickly as he'd leaned in, he pulled away, looking at her in way she'd never seen before.
 
“But,” She started, still confused yet also considerably happier than she'd felt just five seconds ago.
 
“I don't like Ga Eul.” He shushed her, “Ga Eul has nothing compared to you.”
 
“But” She started again, “Ga Eul is perfect. I mean, her clothes, her makeup, her body,” She sputtered, wondering why she kept worrying about Ga Eul when the man of her dreams had just kissed her.
 
“Aish, listen to me Heeyoung! That girl could be a mix of Lee Hyori and... Im Yoona! But she could never, and I mean, never, be as beautiful as you. You may not have her perfect eyes, or her y body, heck your legs are like stubs-”
 
“Yah!” She screeched, grabbing a pillow and hitting him in the face.
 
“Yah! I'm trying to compliment you.” He yelled back at her, rubbing his nose.
 
He grabbed the pillow to retaliate, but stopped the second he made eye contact with her.
 
She was somehow different than every other day he had seen her. Everything seemed exactly the same, but a little off. Had her skin always been such a milky white, with just a touch of creme rose upon the apples of her cheeks? Had the Aegyo fat underneath her eyes always been so round and childlike, only highlighting her glorious innocence? And her hair. He'd known it had been long, in fact, he rather enjoyed pulling on it when she started to abuse him. But today, it was like a dark cascading wave of of pure black silk, waving and becoming slightly red tinted when it came into view with the light.
 
She looked, simply perfect. Like someone who was suited for him.
 
“Your personality really does suit me.” He said bluntly.
 
“Ajusshi!” She chided, “Stop!”
 
“Stop what?”
 
“Stop looking at me like that!”
 
“I...” He trailed off, unsure of how to organize all the emotions flowing through him like heroine through his veins.
 
“I love you.” He settled on, “You're the Ajumma of my dreams.”
 
To show his love, he pulled out a gleaming red phone charm from his pocket. The one she had thrown away. The one he'd dived to the floor to retrieve after she had walked away.
 
It was the teeniest bit dingy now, paint chipping in one corner. But, it was somehow like their relationship. No matter how dented it became, it was still perfect.
 
He grabbed her phone from out of her pocket and reattached the charm to it, holding it up to admire it in the light from the lamp by the couch.
 
“I love you too Ajusshi,” She said quietly, turning to look at him through her naturally thick black eyelashes.
 
He smiled, leaning in to kiss her once more.
 
The scene was like a dream, like something taken right out of a movie and plopped right onto their little bubble of reality. They kissed each other gently, and on the stand next to her couch, lay an abandoned phone. It was Jinyoung's and it read, 20 ignored calls from Kim Ga Eul. More importantly though, was the second half to the heart charm dangling off of it. The For in the Ever. The thing that symbolized the crazy, masochist, love between an Ajusshi and an Ajumma.
 
 
 
 
Requested by: whitelove
Written By: LilMoRo96