The Sweetest Witch

Pandromeda OneShot Shop {CLOSED}

 

title: the sweetest witch

pairings: main- chanyeolxsoojung (krystal) side- baekxluna sehunxsulli practically nonexistent- vicxlay (very ninja!baeksoo XD)

categories: romance, fluff

word count: 3.7k

summary: It’s Halloween, and Soojung is totally not salivating over the seriously hot Joker from next door.

author?: skyblueroses

notes: exo’s ages are all messed up. :D

 

Soojung played with the makeup bottles on the counter.

The party was at five o’ clock, so she had plenty of time to decide on the colors of her make-up palette. The question was-- classic witch colors or y witch colors?

Soojung sat in front of the mirror, with the contents of her make-up drawers strewn across the top of the vanity.

“If I use classic colors… I’ll be the ugliest one at the party! But if I use the lighter colors, no one will be able to tell I’m a witch.” Soojung puffed up her cheeks, and stared into the mirror.

She spent around ten minutes just making faces in the mirror, and cracking herself up.

“Okay, okay. Enough fooling around. What should I do?” Soojung vaguely realized that she was talking to herself.

She pulled out her phone, and opened her messages to ask her friends.

Amber was online, she saw, and Soojung happily pulled up their conversation.

 

xxxamberxxx and jungkryskrys

 

yo, amber! amber are you alive amber plz be alive sent 3:12, 10/31

 

wassup, krystal? lol, you seem so scared sent 3:12, 10/31

 

i need help. classical witch colors, or ier witch colors? sent 3:12, 10/31

 

:S what’s the difference? just pick one! sent 3:12, 10/31

 

    ambeeeeer, help me! sent 3:13, 10/31

it doesn’t matter, either is fine! sent 3:13, 10/31

        

 

Soojung groaned. Amber was a lovely friend, but absolutely no help to anything make-up related.

“What am I going to do?!” she shouted, puffing her cheeks at the mirror.

The door to her room creaked open, and Soojung yelped, turning around. Sooyeon stood in the doorframe, an amused smile on her face.

“Having trouble with makeup, are we?” Sooyeon asked, playfully tapping her fingers on the doorframe.

Soojung looked at her sister.

To her slight jealousy, Sooyeon was already dressed in a flawless cat costume. Her make-up was simple and sweet, with nothing more intricate than the perfectly-executed winged eyeliner.

“Aren’t you going to be cold in that?” Soojung grumbled, turning back to her vanity. “Mom says it’s going to be in the fifties.”

Soojung saw her sister roll her eyes in the mirror.

“Psh, I’m not going trick-or-treating! I’m going to a party, and probably staying there for the entire time. Hey, I came over to offer help, do you want it?” Sooyeon raised a perfectly colored eyebrow.

Soojung floundered.

“Uh- yeah, can you help me?” Soojung sheepishly smiled at Sooyeon, and her older sister stepped into the room.

“Okay, okay. What do you need?”

Soojung looked at her older sister.

“... Classic witch colors or y witch colors?”

Sooyeon scrunched up her eyebrows. “It depends. Are you going to a party, or going trick-or-treating?”

Soojung paused.

“Does it matter?”

Frustrated, Sooyeon threw her hands up.

“Of course it matters, you doofus! If you’re going to a party, you’re going to wear the lightest shade of green you can find-- you don’t want to look like puke at a party. But if you’re just going trick-or-treating with friends, go all out and paint your face until you look like a green bean, for all I care.” Sooyeon put her hands down, and instead rested them on her hips.

Soojung turned back to the mirror, and stared at herself.

“Oh, okay. Then… Can I borrow your Mint face paint? All I have is Leprechaun, and that’s practically the darkest green in the whole collection.”

Sighing, Sooyeon went back to her room to fetch the face paint for Soojung.

Bored, Soojung looked out the window of her room, staring at the house next to theirs. The neighbors had a son that was a year younger than her, in junior year, and she’d caught glimpses of him once or twice.

According to the gossip she’d heard from Sunyoung, her neighbor was terribly popular in his grade, known for being a hot, undateable boy. Sunyoung had also said that Sooyeon should look out the window sometime, and send her some photos of the boy and his “smoking hot, perfect” friends.

Sometimes, Soojung really thought Sunyoung was boy-crazy. Because of that, she’d never paid any attention to the boy, who’d only just moved to the house a couple months ago.

He’d apparently lived on the opposite town before, next to one of his best friends.

Soojung stared at the house next to hers.

Suddenly, the back door opened, and a short, yet imposing boy stepped out, wearing a short-sleeve, and carrying a football under one arm.

Soojung’s eyebrows raised.

The kid was handsome, no denying it. She could see why the girls went crazy. His eyes were wide and pretty, and his heart-shaped lips looked gorgeous, even with the distance.

Another boy stepped out, and Soojung couldn’t help but stare at the taller, blonde boy. His face was just as impassive and cold as the first one, but it looked less threatening on him.

Then, the door opened, and the last two boys stepped out.

One was telling a joke, arms animatedly moving around as his explained something to the other. He was noticeably shorter than the other, but seemed completely at ease.

Soojung gasped as she stared at him, entranced by sparkling eyes, a perfect figure, and those fingers.

But when the other boy came into view, she promptly forgot about the rest.

He was tall, lanky, and absolutely beautiful.

“Oh my god, I wish that was my neighbor.” She whispered, craning her neck around to get a better look.

The boy with the football and the heart-shaped lips yelled something, lips curving into a pretty smile. The boy with the fingers slipped out from the gorgeous one’s arms, and went to stand next to the boy with the football.

After a couple minutes of staring, Sooyeon came back into the room. Soojung was too enthralled by the four boys to notice.

“Hey, Soojung, I went through all the trouble of finding last year’s makeup from the harvest festival-- the least you could do is acknowledge me.” Sooyeon said. “What are you so interested in, from next door?”

Soojung looked at her sister.

“The boys next door are so hot.” She whispered, pointing at the game of football that was going on.

Sooyeon looked over Soojung’s shoulders.

“Yeah, you didn’t know? I’m not even in your high school anymore, but I know about them.” Sooyeon cracked her gum.

“Who are they?” Soojung questioned, itching at her nose.

Sooyeon sat down on the vanity bench next to Soojung.

“Blonde hair, seriously tall--  Kim Sehun, youngest of the group. People even in my grade adore him.” Sooyeon pointed at the tall blonde boy, who’d just been tackled to the ground by the two shorter boys.

“Do Kyungsoo and Byun Baekhyun--.” Sooyeon pointed at their neighbor and beautiful fingers respectively, before clasping her hands together, and looking at the ceiling. “Oh my god, how do you not know them? They’re insanely attractive, and have voices like angels to boot. Did you not go to the talent show last year?”

Soojung shook her head.

“I was sick.”

Sooyeon’s jaw dropped.

“You missed their duet-- Every girl practically had a heart attack, their harmonizing was so beautiful--

Soojung pointed to the last boy, the one she had been obsessing over.

“Who’s that?”

Sooyeon squinted, putting the small bottle of makeup down to stare. When she recognized him, she recoiled and stared at Soojung.

“How do you not know who he is?! He’s our neighbor, Park Chanyeol!”

Soojung’s eyes widened.

“I thought- I thought he was our neighbor--” Soojung stammered, pointing at heart lips, (“Kyungsoo,” Sooyeon provided,) “Isn’t he?”

As if on cue, a mother poked her head out of the back door, and Chanyeol responded.

“He’s- He’s our neighbor?!” Soojung’s jaw was nearly on the floor, staring at Chanyeol’s muscular arms, and smiling face.

“Uh… Yeah.” Sooyeon stared at Soojung. “Did you never realize? Not even when the Chinese transfers went to his house? Last year, when they had the Christmas Party, and all the boys were there? Not when Jongdae, the vocalizing angel of your grade sang in a trio with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun, and Chanyeol played guitar?”

Mutely, Soojung shook her head.

Sooyeon rolled her eyes.

“And somehow, you’re still popular in your grade. If it weren’t for Sunyoung, I bet you’d never even realize that we had a new neighbor.”

Soojung spared one last look at the boys-- Chanyeol was pinned by Baekhyun, while Kyungsoo was trying to snatch the ball from Sehun. Within a second, Chanyeol shook Baekhyun off of him, and was running to steal the ball from Kyungsoo, who had taken it from Sehun. Kyungsoo threw a pass to Baekhyun, and leaping, the boy snatched it right of the air, and barreled the other direction.

Baekhyun stopped in the closest area to Soojung’s house, and threw his hands up in the air. He yelled something, and Kyungsoo stopped blocking Chanyeol to join him.

Sehun rolled up from the ground, groaned, and was pulled up by Chanyeol.

Soojung salivated over his muscular arms.

“Hey, Soojung--- Do you want the makeup done or not? Turn around, I’ll even do it for you.” Sooyeon tugged on Soojung’s shoulders. Soojung turned, forcefully tearing her eyes from the boys next door.

“Really?” she stammered, staring at Sooyeon disbelievingly.

“Sure, I’m allowed to be nice, you know.”

Sooyeon knelt down in front of her sister, and began applying the makeup to her face, softly massaging foundation and base into her skin before beginning to paint on the light green paint.

Ten, twenty minutes passed, and finally Sooyeon was satisfied.

“There. You’ll be the iest at the party…” A teasing glint lit in Sooyeon’s eyes. “The boys will go insane for you.”

Soojung blushed, but peered curiously at her reflection.

Now, Soojung wasn’t ugly by any standards, but she had to admit, Sooyeon did a brilliant job.

Her skin was just tinged green, with a nice smoky eye and bright red lipstick. Soojung pouted experimentally at the mirror, and was pleased when she got an adorable expression.

Sooyeon put her hands on her hips and glanced proudly at Soojung.

“Not bad, eh?”

“Thanks, Sooyeon. I don’t know what I’d do without you.” Soojung grinned genuinely at her sister.

Sooyeon looked at the clock, cat-tail swishing as she turned.

“Well, it’s four-thirty, I should probably--”

The doorbell rang.

Sooyeon raised her eyebrows.

“Wow, he’s early. Well, I’m leaving!” Sooyeon snatched a purse from Soojung’s room, twittered her fingers at Soojung, slipped her phone into the purse, and left.

Soojung huffed, but waved back nonetheless.

She pulled the witch costume from her closet, and slipped it on, tying the corset tightly behind her back. It was cut short, stopping a full five inches from her knees, and was lacy and perfect.

Soojung swirled in front of the mirror, and grabbed a set of heels from the closet.

Half an hour later, the bell rang again, and Sunyoung with her adorable Little Bo Peep costume waved at the door, twirling her car keys around her cane.

“Ooh, you look fabulous, Soojung! You’ll be fine, come on.”

 

 


 

 

The party was loud, and bustling with people. It was hosted at a huge, abandoned house, with seniors and juniors mingling around.

Drunk boys cat-called at the girls, only to shut up when Amber walked straight up to them and cat-called them right back.

As Sunyoung pulled up at the curb, Soojung laughed as a flustered boy tried to respond to Amber’s retorts.

“Yeah, tell him, Amber!” she shouted, get out of the car and walking over to where the boy was standing, open-mouthed.

Turning completely red, the boy (a sophomore, Soojung thought) scampered off, leaving his friends in stitches.

“Oh hey, Krys. Hi, Sunyoung.” Amber, with a bandana holding her pixie-cut back, was dressed as a pirate. Soojung waved, grinning.

They walked in, and Soojung nodded in recognition at the person messing with the music. Kim Jongdae was swarmed with girls, but he ignored most of them, and waved at Soojung as she passed, headphones resting around his shoulders.

“So, see any cute boys?” Soojung teased, elbowing Sunyoung, who was on her phone.

“Ow--! I was just asking Jinri if she’s coming; she says she is.” Sunyoung looked up suddenly. “Oh my god, so I heard that Park Chanyeol and his boys are coming, and they’re going to dress up!”

Amber rolled her eyes.

“...Isn’t everyone dressed up?”

Sunyoung slapped Amber’s arm, shaking her head and her bonnet furiously.

“No, no, no…You don’t get it. Do you know how insanely hot they are? What ever they dress up as, the girls here are going to be having wet dreams about them for months!” She squeaked indignantly, shaking her cane for dramatic effect.

Amber turned to Soojung.

“Is she for real? Are they actually that good looking?” Amber asked, tilting her head.

Soojung paused, thinking back to the boys she’d seen that afternoon, playing football. After just a moment’s thought, she had her answer.

“Yes. They totally are…” Soojung gushed, smiling. “I saw them this afternoon…”

Sunyoung crossed her arms, scrunching her face up.

“See, you get to stalk them all you want because you’re Chanyeol’s neighbor. For us less fortunate, we have to make do with random glimpses in the hallway.” Huffing at the unfairness of it all, she went back to her phone.

Suddenly, a girl dressed in a nurse’s outfit burst into the house, panting.

“Red alert- Red alert! The boys are here!”

Pandamonium broke out, with boys complaining that they had no chance now, and the junior girls practically all rushing to the bathroom to fix their make-up.

Jinri slid in from the mass of screaming girls, and waved smoothly at where Amber, Soojung, and Sunyoung were standing.

“Oh, the junior boys are here? Wow, didn’t realize.” Jinri seemed distracted, twirling her Sailor Moon curls. Soojung tried to find where she was looking, and craned her neck to try and see-- oh.

Kim Sehun, beautiful junior and friends with Chanyeol, leaned casually against the wall, smiling at people who walked past. Amber saw where Jinri and Soojung were looking, and smirked knowingly.

“Oh my god, Jinri, just go and kiss him already.” Amber laughed, and shoved a startled Jinri into Sehun’s direction. Jinri squeaked, and grabbed the nearest person-- which happened to Sunyoung.

Unfortunately for Jinri, Sunyoung wasn’t particularly balanced on her heels. The two elegantly stumbled into a couple other people, one of which happened to be a boy trying to get Sunyoung’s attention.

They went down like dominoes.

Amber and Soojung were doubled in laughter, practically.

Jinri looked disbelievingly at them, eyes wide and an embarrassed smile playing on her lips.

“Hey, do you want some help?”

Soojung gaped in shock as Sehun extended a slender hand to help Jinri up. Amber just laughed harder.

“I- uh,- I mean, yeah!” Jinri was pulled up, and the two vanished off into the crowd.

Soojung grabbed Sunyoung’s hand, and tugged her up.

“You jerks--” Sunyoung hissed, straightening out her skirt with one hand and holding her phone in the other hand.

The door slammed open, and Sunyoung stopped mid sentence, gaping.

Soojung turned around, and oh holy mother of god that face-

Park Chanyeol, dressed as the Joker, stepped in the door and gave a half-hearted wave.

Soojung’s heart stopped. His lanky, smooth limbs had been clothed in the beat-up rags that the Joker wore.

From behind him, a vampire (“Baekhyun,” Sunyoung said reverently,) poked his head out.

“Yo, Jongdae, crank it up!” he shouted, grabbing another boy’s arm (“Kyungsoo,” Sunyoung breathed,) and pulling the quiet boy into the middle of the dance floor.

Chanyeol walked over to the middle of the dance floor and nodded at Jongdae, who smirked, and began playing songs that Soojung had never even heard of.

“He’s so hot--” Soojung wheezed, flailing her arms at Sunyoung and a skeptical Amber.

“You didn’t even know him before today--”

“Why am I so obsessed with him?” Soojung wailed, leaning on Sunyoung, who sympathetically patted her head.

“See how I am now?” Sunyoung sniffled, and Amber groaned, crossing her arms.

“Well, I’m off to find Jackson and his crew-- you guys are making me want to throw up.” She blew a kiss at them, and marched off.

“KARAOKE BATTLE! WHO WANTS TO TAKE ME ON?” Jongdae bellowed, getting up on his turntable and waving his arms up.

Chanyeol burst into laughter, and darted around until he had Kyungsoo held in one arm and Baekhyun in the other. Twisting, the two tried to get away.

Soojung watched intently as Chanyeol managed to grab Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo-!” Baekhyun screamed dramatically. The dance floor erupted into laughter, and Soojung smiled at Baekhyun’s dramatics.

Cheeks just tinged with red, Kyungsoo faltered, but played along.

“... Go on without me, Baekhyun! You can do it--” Kyungsoo said quietly, before breaking off into laughter as Sehun stalked up with an arm slung around Jinri, and grabbed the vampire’s collar.

Soojung waved at Jinri, who smiled back.

Jongdae saw from up on the turntable, and his face morphed into a smile.

“Baeksoo! You two going to battle with me??”

“Sunyoung, you should battle!” Soojung turned to her friend, who had turned completely red and was hiding behind her phone.

“N- no, I’m really okay.” Sunyoung was quieter than Soojung had ever heard her.

Kyungsoo tugged on Baekhyun’s collar, and whispered something into his ear. After hearing it, Baekhyun groaned and turned to Jongdae.

“Soo’s throat is acting up, and we have a performance tomorrow. We don’t want him to strain his throat.” Baekhyun shrugged apologetically at Jongdae.

“Aw, that ! Well, is anyone else willing to partner with Baekhyun?” Jongdae looked around the people at the party. Many girls raised their hands, screaming.

Soojung caught Jongdae’s eye, and pointed at Sunyoung, who was oblivious to Soojung’s gesturing.

Jongdae nodded, knowing how well Sunyoung sang.

“So… Sunyoung, you wanna try?!”

As if caught in headlights, Sunyoung jerked her head up.

“M-me?” Before she could say anything else, though, Soojung shoved her into the middle of the dance floor.

“Sunyoung! Sunyoung!” The crowd chanted. Baekhyun pumped his own fist in the air as she came up, and shook hands with her.

“We’re taking Jongdae down.” He yelled, and Sunyoung smiled.

The song began, and almost immediately, Jongdae was going for them. He did vocal runs wherever he could, and got straight up in Baekhyun’s face.

Refusing to step down, Baekhyun started his first note an third higher, allowing a gorgeous harmony with Sunyoung before the harmony part even started. Soojung whooped, and cheered as Sunyoung slowly began sinking into her element.

“They’re amazing,” a deep voice from her side said, and lurching, Soojung came face to face with the Joker.

Soojung smiled weakly.

“Yeah- yeah. They’re really something.” she said, surreptitiously smoothing out her skirt.

“You look pretty, you know.” He said, before turning to look when Baekhyun and Sunyoung split the high note into two parts, earning a cheer from Kyungsoo and Jongdae.

Soojung’s eyes widened, and she lost the ability to speak.

“Ah-ah, thank you,” she stammered, turning slightly red.

“You’re my neighbor, right?” Chanyeol asked, looking at her from under a fringe of black hair.

“Um, yes.”

“Cool.” He applauded and cheered with the crowd as the song ended, and shaking his head, Jongdae announced Baekhyun and Sunyoung as the winners. The DJ couldn’t stop smiling as he put the paper crowns on their heads.

In the spur of the moment, Baekhyun suddenly turned around and kissed Sunyoung, whose eyes went wide. Chanyeol laughed, and cheered. Soojung grinned as they broke off, and Sunyoung stumbled backwards a bit before Baekhyun caught her.

“Hey, do you know where the drinks are?” Soojung asked, and Chanyeol nodded, grabbing her arm and dragging her suddenly along.

His hand was tight, but not too tight around her arm, and Soojung tried hard not to blush more.

“Ta-da!” Chanyeol jokingly waved his hands above the drinks table, and Soojung laughed.

There was a closet next to it, and assuming that the drinks were in there, Soojung went to open it.

“I wouldn’t open that.” Chanyeol warned.

Confused, Soojung turned.

“Why not?”

“There’s someone kissing in that closet.”

Soojung’s eyes went wide.

“Oh my gosh, really?”

Chanyeol grabbed the handle, smirking.

“Sure, wanna see?”

“No-!” Soojung squeaked, but Chanyeol’s hand rested on her waist, and with a jerk, he opened the door.

The closet was empty.

“What? There’s no one in here?” Soojung questioned, but Chanyeol stepped closer.

His breath was hot on Soojung’s lips.

“Oh, but we’re in here.”

Soojung understood immediately.

 


 

It had been two weeks, and the boys were playing football again.

Only this time, Soojung wasn’t watching from her house-- no, she was sitting on Chanyeol’s patio, sipping a lemonade with Jinri and Sunyoung.

Her phone buzzed.

xxxamberxxx and jungkryskrys

 

so, krys-- how’s your daaaate over at chanyeol’s ? }:) sent 3:24 11/13

 

he’s sooooo hot <3 omg Sehun’s “hurt” just to get jinri’s attention sent 3:24, 11/13

 

ew gross sent 3:25, 11/13

 

    of course you’re like that, amber. how are you? sent 3:25, 11/13

 

with song qian and her unicorn of a boyfriend ugh so much pda sent 3:26, 11/13

 

yixing, right? yeah, he’s cute . i’m so jelly you got to go to china ;-; sent 3:26, 11/13

 

looooooooooooooser sent 3:26, 11/13

 

“Hey, Soojung!” Chanyeol called, tucking the football under his arm. “We’re thinking of having a piggy-back ride competition?”

Baekhyun called from behind Chanyeol-- “Sunyoung, if you don’t want to, I can carry Kyungsoo instead--ow!”

Kyungsoo dusted off his hands, after smacking Baekhyun in the back of the head.

“No way. I’d carry you.” he mumbled.

Soojung laughed.

“I’ll do it, Chanyeol.”

To think that this wouldn’t have happened if she hadn’t stressed over shades of witch-costume colors, and looked out the window.




edit: i realize i didn't put taehyung in this story! aish, i'll edit this and see if i can put him in. sorry!