A Day in the Park

Pandromeda OneShot Shop {CLOSED}

Requested By: DyllorediaXD

Written By: KissDromedaGirl & LeeLinsay

 

 

 

You had just finished your bowl of rice, when you received a text message from your bestie, Lee Byunghun. Everyone you knew called him L.Joe. He considered that his ‘stage name’. He has always dreamed of being a rapper, but not everyone knows that. Only you, him, and his group of friends.

You two met when you first started high school. He was the playful, flirty, and slightly cold one; you were the shy, smart, cute one. You had dreams of being famous once, but never tried to pursue them. You even planned to audition once you reached high school, but you gave that up. Your parents are too strict about school and if you even dare mention music unrelated to your lessons, you get in big trouble.

L.Joe isn’t the type to go randomly befriend girls, especially girls like you. He would rather prance down the halls like a pretty boy and make all the girls faint and gossip, seeing who could catch his eye and who he’d flirt with more. Some seem to think that he belongs to the Queenka of the school, Sulli, but truthfully, he hates her guts.

You aren’t the type to go up to boys anyways. You’d rather sit in the library, pretending to study when you are actually listening to your iPod. You usually like to skip after school practice to go practice dancing someone secretive and quiet. However, no one thinks of you as a singer/dancer wannabe. Everyone thinks of you as a nerd, of course, since you have your head stuck down in the books all the time and get nervous around guys and the queenkas. You just have a shell you hide in. No one realizes that but your close friends. Those close friends happen to now go to another school, which that infuriates you.

Now, in high school, you didn’t know anyone until one day you were paired with L.Joe. You two became friends fast and even after you turned the project in, you two still managed to hang out and text. The queenkas and the other students seem to hate that relationship between you two, even though it is platonic and seemingly harmless. I guess you could say, ‘it’s envious’.

As you swallow the last bite of rice and open your phone, you nearly choke as you read the message. ‘Let’s go out.’

Your eyes go wide and you stare at your phone screen. What do I say? This is a little weird! We’re friends! If he liked me like that he would’ve said something…showed a sign, or something! Right? Am I crazy?

You take a deep breath and reply to his message. ‘What?’

Seems like a reasonable enough answer.

You shut your phone and stand up, taking the bowl over to the sink and rinsing it out. Soon enough, your phone beeps and you open it, reading his reply. ‘Let’s go out to the park. The whole group will be there. They want you to come.’

Oh!

You send a reply saying you will be there. As soon as you shut your phone, your dad yells at you from the den, “____-(y)ah*! Have you finished your homework yet?”

You puff your cheeks as you hear his words. Your dad asked you that question about fifty times a day. That’s the only words you heard from him to you at all anymore. Either that or ‘how were the lessons?’ You hated that that is what became of your dad. Used to, your dad would carry you on his shoulders when you were a small child. He would laugh and buy you ice cream and things seemed great. Now, it was a different story. You are growing up and real life is taking over. You aren’t a child anymore and your dad realizes that. He says he is preparing you for the ‘real world’. Your mom? She spends all her time at work. She is a nurse and always takes over other shifts if someone asks her to.

“Yes, Appa!” you call back to your father. “I’m going out. OK?”

“To where? With who?” he replies, sounding a bit irritated.

“To the park with Byunghun-ssi.”

“Oh! OK! Be good!” he says. You could picture his face as you told him: your dad smiling at the mention of L.Joe’s name. Your father liked L.Joe. L.Joe lived in America once, he played instruments, and he was smart. L.Joe seemed like a good influence on you, and you were grateful for that. If L.Joe seemed like that, your dad approved 100%.

“I will. Thank you!” you roll your eyes as you head for your bathroom to fix yourself up. When you reach the bathroom, you brush your hair, fix your mascara and eyeliner, and you smile into the mirror. Good enough.

You nodded at yourself and took off for the front door, passing your father’s jam-packed den. He had a desk, 2 bookcases, a flatscreen TV, a computer, a printer, a fax machine, and a foosball table. You hate that room. There are papers everywhere!

When you reach the door, you grab your shoes and put them on. After that, you head outside, slamming the door behind you. Usually when you got home, your father would yell at your for doing that, but anymore, he would forget.

I hope they don’t play a stupid game this time! If L.Joe pushes me in another puddle, I’ll-I’ll…I’ll figure out what I’ll do if it happens again.

You nod at my thought and head down the street. Just a few blocks away is where the park is. You all lived close by to each other, except for Niel and Chunji. They lived on the other side of town.

As you neared the park your heart started pounding. What if this is a set up. Like last week! Oh no! I’m being set up for something dangerous!

“____ noona!” Ricky yells at you, waving like crazy. You smile at him as he runs up to you. “How are you?”

You shrug your shoulders, “I’m fine, I suppose. What are we doing today?”

He could sense your nervousness and he links arms with you, “We are going to play some games!”

You nod and start thinking to yourself of the possible games that could be dangerous. Aigo! What shall I do if something bad comes about? Why do I sound so old century?

You make a weird face to the reaction of how you are speaking in your mind. Ricky looks at you and chuckles, “Noona? Are you alright?”

“Huh? Oh! Yeah! I’m fine!” you nod rapidly. Way to look fine, ___!

“____!” the group yells as you and Ricky walk up.

“Hey!” you force a smile through your nervousness. “What’s up?”

“Do you want to play a game first or eat?” Changjo asks you.

“Um..” you think for a minute. You were afraid of both when it came to this group. “Eat.”

“Ok! She wants to eat!” Changjo announces and makes everyone follow him to the picnic area they have prepared. “Sit!”

Changjo wasn’t much of a leader, but on the days where everyone was acting extremely immature, he would be one.

Everyone sat down on the large blanket and began bombarding you will tons of questions. “How was your day?” “Will you help me with my homework?” “Can you fix my phone. I broke it.” “What do you want to drink?” “What game do you want to play?” “Are you alright?”

Every question stuck in your mind and your eye started to twitch. You always got annoying like this. The only one who remained quiet and snickering as you silently began to freak out was L.Joe. He sat happily on the sidelines, snacking on some chips and watching you as you prepared to go crazy and freak out on them. You always managed to scream as loud as you can at some of them. It never failed.

“Ok! OK! Stop!” you yell, with your hands in the air and everyone looking at you wide-eyed, except L.Joe. He tried to hold back laughter as your expression turned into a glare. “Stop asking me five thousand questions! Is my name ‘Google’? No! You can’t just ask five thousand questions and expect me to answer them without a pause! STOP!”

L.Joe finally starts laughing. The others get over the shock and either chuckle or laugh. You are too angry to tell. You start to pout as everyone continues their laughter. How rude! They make me angry and annoyed, then laugh at me for getting upset! This isn’t my day…

“Okay! We should stop!” Niel laughs, “She is getting mad!”

You nod, “Yes you should!”

They all chuckle once more and you smile slightly. They had finally stopped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After eating a ton of food, you all sat on the big blanket, sighing and looking at the sky or the pulling at the grass.

“What game are we going to play?” you break the silence.

“Oh! I almost forgot!” Chunji says aloud. “How about…the cliff game?”

“What’s the ‘cliff game’?” you ask, furrowing your eyebrows.

“It’s a game where we or you name three things to do to someone and then pick three names. You tell the person of your choice what three things and the three people and they choose which person they’d do each thing to. It’s fun!” Changjo tells you.

You nod. “Oh.”

“Yeah. So, do you want to play?” CAP asks you, smiling.

You nod, “Sure! Why not?”

Niel nods, “I’ll go first!”

“Why you? Why can’t I?” Ricky pouts.

“Stop pouting!” L.Joe tells Ricky. “You can go next.”

Ricky smiles, “That works, too!”

Niel looks at each of us, then smiles wide. He looks at Chunji, “Kiss, hug, or bury alive.. Um.. ___, Ricky, or CAP?”

“I’d kiss ___,” Chunji winks at you, “then I’d hug Ricky. I’ll bury CAP hyung alive.”

“Yah! Why me?” CAP hits the back of Chunji’s head.

“Because you do that to me!” Chunji tells him and rubs the back of his own head.

“Ok, ok! Ricky, it’s your turn!” Niel tells Ricky and Ricky smiles wide.

He looks at Changjo, “Marry, date, or kill; L.Joe hyung, Niel hyung, and Chunji hyung.”

“Why couldn’t you add ____ noona?” Changjo whines. “I choose to…marry Niel hyung so he can cook for me. I would date Chunji hyung because he is funny. Finally, I’d kill L.Joe hyung.”

“Yah!” L.Joe glares at Changjo.

“It is only because you seem like a player.”

“What about Chunji? He is a player!” L.Joe tells him.

“I am not!” Chunji says loudly.

“Ok! Who wants to go next?” Niel asks, looking around.

“How about noona?” Ricky asks, looking at me.

“I’ll try!” you tell them. You look at each boy; Niel smiling, Ricky smiling, Changjo grinning, CAP just staring at you, L.Joe glaring at Changjo, and Chunji glaring at L.Joe. You rolled your eyes at the boys and quickly thought of one.

“Um..” you pause for a moment then look at Niel, “How about.. kiss on the cheek, flirt with, or push off a cliff; Changjo, Ricky, and…L.Joe.”

You glance at L.Joe as everyone looks at Niel. He taps his chin and sighs, “I feel so gay thanks to you.”

“Sorry!” you giggle.

“I would flirt with Changjo, kiss Ricky on the cheek, and push L.Joe off a cliff.” Niel smiled evilly at L.Joe.

“Is this ‘dislike L.Joe day’ or something?” L.Joe glares at him as everyone laughs, including you.

“Fine, L.Joe, you go next!” CAP tells L.Joe as L.Joe keeps glaring at Niel.

L.Joe stops glaring and looks at CAP, “Ok.”

L.Joe then looks around and then looks at you, “I’ll ask you since you are my best friend. Kiss, flirt with, and stab; Chunji, CAP, or…me?”

Your eyes widened at that. You knew you’d me asked sooner or later, but this question – could L.Joe even include himself while asking? You didn’t want to answer, but you blurted your words out anyways.

“Flirt with CAP oppa…” you paused and looked down, “stab Chunji oppa and kiss you.”

Everyone’s eyes grew wide and a few of them chuckled. Since he was your best friend, they expected you to say ‘stab L.Joe’. L.Joe smirked, “Don’t worry, I’d kiss you too.”

You looked up and glared at him, “I said that because it’d be awkward to kiss CAP oppa and Chunji oppa is a player!”

“Yah!” Chunji interjected.

“Oh, come on! Hyeyoung unnie? Remember your relationship with her that laster two hours then you started dating Ah Min unnie?” you looked at Chunji, stating the truth.

He shrugged, “Maybe I do and maybe I don’t.”

“Then you dumped her because she talked too much…after ten minutes!” Changjo added in.

Chunji made a face at Changjo, “What do you know, anyways?”

“CAP hyung, you go!” L.Joe told him.

“I think we should quit. This is getting out of hand!” he told them, being the leader he was.

“Truth or dare!” Ricky announced.

Everyone looked at him. Your eyes grew wide. You hated truth or dare…especially since it was you – the lone girl – and a group of guys. You didn’t want to do this at all.

“I’m in!” L.Joe raises his hand, smirking.

You shake your head and cover your face with your hands, “Why me?”

It was couple minutes into the truth or dare and Chunji had already been dared to eat a combination of foods mixed with a drink. He did it, regretfully, and pouted afterwards – he stated it was the nastiest thing ever.

Ricky and CAP had done dares, both admitting who they liked and why.

It was now your turn to be truth or dared…and Niel was asking.

“Truth or dare?” he asked, grinning.

“Uhm…” you sighed, “Truth.”

“If you had to make out with-“

“I meant ‘dare’!” you yelled, wide eyed.

“No! Answer!” Chunji laughed.

“I don’t want to answer!” you pouted.

“Remember, we swore we would answer anything at the beginning of this!” L.Joe told you. You just shook your head at him. This was ridiculous. They could think up a crazy dare, what was the point of being stuck with this ‘truth’?

“Just ans-“ L.Joe began.

“FINE!” you yelled. “Finish your question, Niel.”

Niel nodded, “If you had to make out with anyone here, who would you choose?”

You glared at L.Joe, “I wouldn’t choose him for sure. Or Chunji for that matter!”

Chunji pouted silently to the side and L.Joe rolled his eyes.

“Ricky is too innocent-looking and Changjo is a dongsaeng. So, it is up to you and CAP oppa.” You look at Niel while telling him this. “I choose CAP oppa because he didn’t ask me this question.”

“Ha! In your face!” CAP laughed at Niel and Niel rolled his eyes. CAP wasn’t usually like this, but if you chose him over someone like Niel, he would brag about it.

“I’m next!” Changjo said.

“I’ll ask!” Chunji announced, turning to Changjo.

“Truth or dare?” Chunji grinned evilly.

“Dare.” Changjo told him, expressionless.

“Alright. I dare you…to…kiss Niel!” Chunji smiled evilly at him.

“No!” Changjo and Niel both said together.

You started laughing. Their faces were priceless! They both had a look of disgust mixed with shock. It was absolutely hilarious to you! You just couldn’t help yourself. Actually, you realized, I haven’t laughed yet. Your eyes had closed from laughing so hard that when you tried to stop and reopened them, everyone was looking at you weirdly.

“What?” you ask, trying not to laugh more.

“You’re one weird noona sometimes,” Changjo chuckles.

You did an eye smile and blushed. That was kind of embarrassing, but oh well. As you recovered from your laugh attack and took a sip of your drink, you noticed the boys whispering back and forth. They didn’t talk to L.Joe, but he didn’t notice. He was too into his phone at the moment.

Next thing you know, the boys were smiling slightly or smirking and still whispering, but not as bad as before. Changjo cleared his throat and looked at L.Joe.

“Hyung, it is your turn to choose. Truth or dare?” Changjo asked him, just looking at him.

“Hmm…dare.” L.Joe nodded, confirming that was his choice.

“We all dare you to kiss ____ noona for longer than a minute!” Ricky blurts out.

“What?!” you shout, eyes wide and face deep scarlet from your blush. L.Joe’s eyes were slightly wide, too. He looked at you, then back at Ricky and Changjo.

“I can’t do that,” he answered them.

“Why not?” Chunji asks.

“Yeah! Why not?” Ricky pouts. “We all know you li-“

Niel covered Ricky’s mouth before he could finish. You weren’t listening anyways. You were just staring at your hands. If you tried to get up and run, one of them would chase and catch you. You had to stay.

“I won’t, because ____-ah wouldn’t. She is too chicken and it’d be awkward since we are best friends…” he trailed off, glancing at you.

“Well, she’s not saying anything,” CAP looked at you. You weren’t. You were lost in thought, deciding how to get out of there.

Chunji poked your side, “_____?”

You looked up, “Huh?”

Some of them chuckled or snickered and looked from you to L.Joe. L.Joe had a tint of hopefulness in his eyes. You bet your lip slightly and crossed your arms.

“L.Joe has been dared to kiss you. He says you are too chicken.”

“Oh.”

After a couple of minutes of awkward silence, Ricky sighs and moves from Niel’s grip. “This isn’t going to work, so we might as well give up and just go on with the game.”

You eyed the boys suspiciously. You took a deep breath and got on your knees and crawled over to L.Joe. You stated aloud, “I am not a chicken and I’ll do this if everyone will shut up!”

Then, with that, you grabbed the collar of L.Joe’s jacket and pulled him forward towards your lips. Your lips landed on his and both of your eyes closed.

“One minute, Noona!” a voice called. You couldn’t clarify. Your brain got fuzzy and you felt butterflies form in your stomach. L.Joe’s lips started to move as you two kissed.

“These kids don’t need to see this,” CAP covered Ricky and Changjo’s eyes. They frowned. “Let’s give these two some privacy.”

“Yah! Who’s going to watch them and keep track of-“ Chunji began but was cut off by Niel.

“We’re going for now.”

They boys left.

You didn’t know how long had passed, but you pulled away and caught your breath. You blushed hard and looked down, letting your hair cover some of your face. You smiled and touched your lips. My first kiss. That was my first kiss.

“Uh…that – you – um –“ L.Joe tried to talk but you cut him off.

“I like you.”

He looked at you and a smile formed on his lips and soon, he was smiling wide. You looked up as he stayed silent. You giggled and pinched his cheek.

“What’s with the smile?” you asked.

“I didn’t think you did.”

“It’s too sudden isn’t it? I’m weird. I ruined everything! Oh no!” you shook your head.

Before you realized it, L.Joe cupped your face and shook his own head, “No. Because I like you, too…a lot, actually. Always have and always will.”

With that, he kissed you again and you smiled. This was unbelievable, but you didn’t care, it was purely amazing. Your best friend ended up being your crush…the guy you truly liked more than anyone…the one who cared more for you than you thought. Bit of a cliché, but it was great. And that’s how you wanted it to stay…

“L.Joe hyung and ____ noona sitting in a tr-“ Ricky started to sing loudly, then CAP covered his mouth and drug him away.

You laughed and covered your face and L.Joe wrapped his arms around you, smiling. Well, your life would be great…it would just have a little extra something with it since you’d be around them boys much, much more now.