Secret Heartbreaks

Pandromeda OneShot Shop {CLOSED}

Characters: Sehun, Taeyeon

Title: “Secret Heartbeats”(supposed)

Genre: Angst, a little bit of fluff; depressing ending. “Sehun loved Taeyeon first, from the moment he saw her perfection, but here comes Baekhyun, who wrecked all of his fairytales. And now, there he is, standing at the altar, beside his best buddy (Baekhyun) and seeing Taeyeon smiling happily while walking down the isle.” Baekhyun.

Written by: AlisCookieMonster

Request by: ThisGirlsInfinity

 

Reflecting through the colored glass windows, white roses decorated the sides of each bench, a dark red carpet at the center of the aisle. And there I stood, on the right side of the altar, beside the groom, who was my best friend, Baekhyun. 

 

The classic wedding song played by the piano rang through my ears. Everyone was here, her parents, Baekhyun's parents, the rest of our friends, but most of all, she was here, the bride. 

 

Her white dress flowed down lower than her ankles, the rest of it trailing behind her. A bouquet of lavenders in her small but gracious hands. A white veil atop her head. 

 

Her father stood beside her, arms intertwined, grey hair sprouting out from the side of his face with a black tuxedo, fitting perfectly on his thin figure. He had the brightest smile in the world planted on his face that could be seen once the door opened.

 

My heartbeat quickened, she was so beautiful. After three years, she was still as breathtaking and as beautiful as before. I turned my head, seeing Baekhyun smile lovingly at her. She smiled back at him. It made me feel sad yet happy at the same time. They looked so happy together. But why couldn't she smile at me that way?

 

--

 

Flashback

3 years ago

February 14, 2012

 

Valentines day. I adjusted my high pants and white button up shirt  as I watched myself in the mirror. This is it. I've finally decided. I'm going to confess to Taeyeon.

 

Yes, Taeyeon. The girl I've been fawning over for two years now. That Taeyeon. I grabbed my backpack and a rose that I took from my mom's flower bed then skipped out the door. I'm so excited. Just the thought of it made my face as red as a tomato.

 

I stood by the sidewalk, waiting for the school bus to come. It stopped in front of me. The driver telling me to quickly get on. 

 

I walked through the doors of our college, just staying by her locker. That's right, I'm going to give it to her right now. 

 

I stood there, watching her perfection. Nudging my glasses back to the bridge of my nose, I watched as Taeyeon chatted with her friends. They were approaching her locker, but being the scaredy-cat I am, I quickly ran away, behind a wall leading to another hallway. 

 

Why do you have to be such a , Sehun? I silently kept hitting my head, before turning around to peek at Taeyeon and her friends.

 

The way her lips moved, the gestures the made as she spoke, I watched it all. It's kind of creepy, right? But I guess that's how you're supposed to act when you're in love, right?

 

Her friends left, leaving her alone. I adjusted my shirt collar, my grip on the rose I had planned to give her grew harder. I wanted to approach her, but I guess someone beat me to it. 

 

"Taeyeon-ssi, will you be my valentine?" 

 

I panicked. I watched as Baekhyun, my best buddy, kneeled in front of her, a bouquet of roses in his hands. A pang of hurt and jealousy boiled in my heart.

 

What was he doing with Taeyeon? MY Taeyeon? Though I didn't exactly have the right to call her that. And she's smiling, at him! Why does this have to happen to me? I stood there, still deep in thought. 

 

"Yes." 

 

I dropped the rose, leaving it behind as I walked away. That was all I had to hear. And from that day on, I will always remember Kim Taeyeon as the first girl to ever break my heart.

 

--

 

Flashback

2 years ago

December 24, 2013

 

After that day, I decided that I needed to change. Maybe that's why she never noticed me. The old glasses-wearing Sehun was gone.

 

I began wearing skinny jeans and had my hair in a quiff all the time. And I became part of the popular crowd. I somehow hoped that her feelings would change about me.

 

"Yah! Kim Taeyeon!" I screamed into the phone

 

Yes, Kim Taeyeon and I finally got to talk to each other. And it was nice and all, but we were only acquaintances. And that was only because of our bridge called Baekhyun, her now boyfriend. 

 

"Yes?" she said, with that perfect, melodic voice

 

"Are you still coming? I've been waiting for over 20 minutes already." I complained, checking my watch as time went by

 

We had a study group activity to go to and we agreed to go together. The moon was already shining, so I was starting to get worried that we'll be late. My heart was doing junping jacks as I waited for her. But I didn't know that I was going to receive my second heartbreak from her.

 

"Yeah, sorry I'm late. But I'm already getting off the bus. Just wait for me, Sehun-ah!"

 

As I walked forward, a bus stopped just a few meters away. I eyed the passengers that went off. Spotting Taeyeon, I noticed she was with Baekhyun, but they didn't seem to see me. I waved my long arms frantically in the air, a big smile on my face.

 

And that's when it happened. Baekhyun leaned into Taeyeon. Their faces only inches away from each other. Then, the gap between them closed, his lips pressed against hers. 

 

I froze. Right at that moment, I wished that I ripped my eyes out and put them in my pockets so that I didn't have to see that. But I did, and that will never change. 

 

No, I wasn't feeling anger, or jealousy, all I felt was sadness. I knew that they were boyfriend and girlfriend, and all. But, it was already sad seeing her with another man, let alone my best buddy together. So how much more if I saw them do something so intimate?

 

"Umm.. Sehun?" a soft voice said, interrupting my thoughts

 

I didn't notice Taeyeon already standing in front of me, her eyes wide as she stared at me. I backed away from her, my eyes darting from place to place so that I won't have to meet her eyes. 

 

"Oh, you're here? Let's go!" I said, trying my best to act like I didn't see anything

 

"Are you okay? You were frozen for a minute there." she said teasingly, with a smile

 

"No, I'm okay." I said, trying my best to smile back at her but I just couldn't

 

And for the rest of the evening, not a sound escaped my lips. I swam through my thoughts, just wallowing in sadness. And that was how Kim Taeyeon broke my heart for the second time.

 

--

 

Flashback

1 year ago

April 2, 2014

 

I've been getting better, after two heartbreaks. But Baekhyun and I have been drifting apart since graduation. So it was rather unsual that he called to meet me. There was apparently some big news he had to share with me.

 

I pulled over in front of a new fancy French restaurant in the city. Adjusting my dark blue blazer, I stepped out of my black car, handing the keys to a valet. I just came back from work, you see.

 

Entering the doors, I spotted Baekhyun waving at me. I headed towards the table he was on, anticipating what he was going to say. What was so exciting that he couldn't just share it through the phone? 

 

I took a seat in front of him, finally having a chance to properly view the restaurant. Chandeliers hung proudly on the white ceiling, the marble floor shining beneath my feet. All the chairs had a velvety texture while the tables were decorted with a simple red table cloth and flowers. Now that I think about it, this reataurant was smaller than I imagined it to be. 

 

I sat awkwardly in front of Baekhyun as he ordered for both of us. The waiter brought us a bottle of white wine, pouring it into both our glasses before leaving again.

 

"Sehun, I've got big news." Baekhyun said, after taking a big gulp of wine

 

"What is it?" I asked, curiousity written all over my face

 

"Well, let's just say that I found something I liked, so I put a ring on it." he replied cheekily with a smirk

 

"What d-do you m-mean?" I asked cautiously

 

Staring at him intently, I somehow knew where this conversation was heading. But I needed a confirmation. The waiter approached the table, placing a plate of steak for both of us and refilling our wine.

 

"You know, I finally pinned the nail." he said, still continuing with the stupid puns

 

"Huh?" I said, cutting a piece of steak and eating it

 

"I mean," he said, sighing in exasperation, taking a sip of wine 

 

"Taeyeon and I finally got engaged." he continued, staring intently at me to see my reaction

 

The pain came back. And the broken piece of my heart that took months to mend, broke into pieces again as soon as those words came out of his mouth. But I have to endure it. This is Baekhyun, I'll do anything for him. Even if it's to let go of the one I love.

 

"Ah, I see. Well, congrats!" I said, plastering the biggest smile I could on my face

 

"Wait, you haven't even heard the best part!" he said, a proud smile on his face

 

"What is it?" I asked, trying to pay more attention to the steak than at him

 

"We're getting married on February!" he exclaimed, taking me completely by surprise

 

"Oh..." I trailed off, gripping my chair as I tried not to let any tears escape my eyes

 

"Congratulations!" I said finally, looking down

 

"Thanks! But you haven't even heard the best part..." he said, all I know is that I didn't hear it

 

The rest of the night, I was silent. Just listening to Baekhyun talk about how he got a promotion at work or the weirdest thing that happened to him yesterday. But one thing he said got to me.

 

"Hey, how about it if you were my best man?" he said, smiling at me as he waited for my answer

 

"Oh.." I said trailing off, jumping out of my bubble of thoughts 

 

"Sure." I said, looking back down again

 

He continued to ramble on. He talked about how many kids they wanted, the house he wanted to buy near the beach, where they wanted the wedding to be. And all I could do was nod and give a slight smile.

 

My broken piece of heart, got trampled on over and over that night. And without her even being there, Kim Taeyeon broke my heart for the third time.

 

--

 

I switched back to reality, my gaze set on Taeyeon. She walked closer and closer to the altar. Her beautiful face the only thing I could see.

 

Stopping in front of the altar, her father letting go, before Baekhyun took her hand in his. Everyone around us was smiling, except me. I couldn't even force one.

 

"Do you, Byun Baekhyun, take Kim Taeyeon to be your wife. Through sickness or health, and through rich or poor?" 

 

"I do."

 

"And do you, Kim Taeyeon, take Byun Baekhyun as your husband, through sickness or health, and through rich or poor?"

 

"I do."

 

A single tear slipped out of my eye. But I didn't bother to wipe it off. I knew I had to do it, but it hurt to much.

 

It hurt to let go. 

 

As they put the ring on each other, another tear escaped my eye. And as they walked out the church doors to leave for their honeymoon, my feelings left with them too. 

 

But I had to.

 

For their happiness and mine.

 

Good bye, Kim Taeyeon.

 

--

 

Hi! I'm a new writer here, and I hope that you liked it! Sorry if it wasn't what you were expecting(and I mean that in a bad way.) Sorry I changed the supposed title tho, thought it would suit the story better and if there was wayyy to much angst. Please comment what you thought about it.