Just Us.

Dying Love

"Mark?" He shook the male wrapped in covers. He could tell the other wasn't feeling to good, but his eyes opened. 

"Jinyoungie?" Jinyoung was surprised at the name, he kinda liked it. He smiled when the other propped himself up. 

"It's late...why are you here?" Jinyoung chuckled. 

"You told me to come back after your treatment..." Mark laughed, "You didn't have too. I don't want you to be sleepy on the job." Jinyoung crosses his legs, "I had enough sleep already, and I just wanted to see you." Mark blushed from the response, he was glad that it was dark so Jinyoung couldn't see his face clearly. 

"So, where should I take you next? My parents have gone almost everywhere."

"Really, then they've been to North Korea as well?"

"Uh, well, no...haha, that wouldn't be too good, but does Russia count?" 

"Really? What was in Russia?"

 

—————————————————

 

Jinyoung pulled Mark's hand through the thick snow. They're footsteps left tracks with every step they took, they finally stopped at a cliff. 

"Woah..."

"Pretty right? This whole entire area use to be a hospital. My parents had to co,d here often for conferences. Though, Mark seemed a little tired. Jinyoung leaned forward to see his face. 

"Are you okay?"

"Hm...of course."

Jinyoung folded his arms, laying in the snow. "I told you, you didn't have to lie to me."

Mark sighed, feeling the chilling cold, "Well, can you really ask a sick man if they're okay?" 

"...I guess not." Mark chuckled, "If Russia is this cold, how do you think the Antarctic will feel?"

"Colder than the coldest, duh." They both grinned. 

"It's nice to imagine isn't it...to see things you will never get to see."

"Mark everything doesn't have to stay a dream, it's possible even for you. You have a long life, even with your condition." Mark turned towards him, it was starting to click that Jinyoung knew the gist of his illness, but he doesn't know the degenerative stage he's in. Was it worth telling him, how could he? He wasn't someone who should care. 

"Mark...your nose is bleeding."

 

——————————————————

 

"It's bleeding a lot!" Mark covered his nose as Jinyoung rushed to get tissue. It's common to get nose bleeds, but to have that much blood wasn't. He could tell that Mark really wasn't feeling well. His skin was paler than usual, and his eyes seemed red in comparison to other days. 

"Does this happen often?"

"If my treatment is worked to the maximum than yeah. It's normal..."

"...normal?" Jinyoung watched as Mark held his gushing nose. When watching him suffer through treatments, he wondered what was normal, if being sick was even a normal occurrence. If Mark was ever healthy, what would he be like? How would he live, that idea of normal, was it even in Mark's vocabulary. 

"Say, Jinyoung...how long are you suppose to stay with the hospital?”

"Hm, until the summer ends, then it's back to school. Why?" Mark's eyes sadden, their time was limited for sure, and there was nothing he could do to slow it down. Mark smiled. 

"Nothing, I was just wondering." The one person who made him feel normal will leave as soon as he came, Mark knew he should have been weary, but Jinyoung was just, different. 

Jinyoung knew the other had a lot on his mind, and frankly he wasn't all that great with counseling. Hell, with the dream he had a few hours ago, he was the one who needed the counseling. He couldn't stop thinking about the kiss, in fact the possibility that, maybe they could be a thing! Was it wrong to think that? Jinyoung knew very well with his recent breakup and the bull feelings that lingered wasn’t good and developing feelings for someone else didn’t seem right either. 

 

“What do you think it’s like?” Jinyoung sat up, “What do you mean? What’s what like?” Mark chuckled, “The city silly...” Jinyoung grinned. “It’s nothing special, just a place where a ton of people live.” Mark looked down as he wiped his nose clean. 

“Hm, I’ve never been in a city, so I wouldn’t know.” Jinyoung frowned. “Is that your wish? I mean, if you could do anything before you died, would going to the city be it?” Mark shook his head, “There’s something I want to see before I die, though it’s quite far...” 

 

 

Jinyoung leaned back in his chair. 

“There’s a tree, a cherry blossom tree that grows on hill next to the ocean. It was my first and last time I’d ever been outside, I’ve been craving to see that view one more time...I know a stupid wish right?”

Jinyoung closed his eyes, “It’s not stupid...” He titled his head and smiled, “I think that’s beautiful.”

 

Mark blushed, he laughed. “What’s your wish, Jinyoung?” The raven-haired man hummed, his eyes growing sleepy for some reason. “My wish...to be with the one I truly love I guess...” Mark rested his head on his pillow, “The one you truly love?” Jinyoung nodded, his head drooping. The other chuckled softly as he watched him fall asleep against his will, even after he swore he had enough sleep before coming. “I hope you get your wish...Jinyoung.”

 

———————————————

Jinyoung and Jackson sat watching children play, making sure none of them hurt themselves in the process. 

“So, whose it going with Mark Tuan.” Jinyoung raised his hand ready to beat the out of Jackson. Both laughed after the little motion.

“It’s not like that, I don’t...I don’t date patients Jackson.”

“Stop with the bull, I know you like him, it’s been a long time since you had a wet dream right!” Jinyoung blushed, kicking Jackson in the foot. 

“Why do I even tell you things?”

“Because we’re best friends that’s why! And I’m serious, do you like him?”

“I guess...the dream, I mean I don’t know Jackson, he’s a patient, and even if I dream about him that still doesn’t change the fact that he’s a patient.”

“A dying one at that...”

Jinyoung frowned at the statement, and Jackson wasn’t wrong. He was dying, it was clear to see from his appearance, but how long did he have left to live. Out of all of the deaths he’s seen, he’s never been moved by a single one, but...if Mark were to, he wondered how emotional he’d get. It was only a summer, but it takes only a few days to know someone so well, and even lesser time to feel connected. At least to Jinyoung that’s how he felt about Mark. How could he possibly watch him go?