Five

The one that got away

Minseok decided he’ll clean up Baekhyun to his apartment and will just forget and move on the next day. After all these years, he met Baekhyun again and decided to still take care of him despite everything. “How ironic”. He thought. He let Baekhyun sleep on his bed while he slept on the couch. Minseok has still a paper to finish the next day with Luhan, so he needs to rest. 

The following day, he left a note to a fully asleep Baekhyun then decided to leave to meet Luhan. 

Baekhyun woke up at 1pm. His head hurted like hell and he was confused where he is. “. I got too drunk last night. I forgot what happened. And whose place is this? Oh my God!” He found a note next to him and read it. “Please leave keenly once you’re awake. Don’t bother asking who I am or how you ended up here. One thing is for sure, nothing bad happened. So let’s just forget and move on”. Baekhyun sighed and took time to roam around the small apartment. The room was so simple and clean. No photos hanging. No decorations or other hidden fiasco. He placed his hands on his cheeks and bumped his head on the table. “Stupid me. Good thing the person who found me was a nice one. I guess? Thank you to you whoever you are”. He left the house after contemplating and decided to thank the person later. For now, he has to deal with his problems.

 

————————

“Hey Baozi you seemed troubled. Is something bothering you?” Luhan asked. 

“Lu-ge, I saw him again.” Minseok flustered. 

Luhan gulped and continued. “Funny. It seems fate has played its game to you. Did you talk?”

”No. I almost hit him with my car last night because he was too drunk. He didn’t see me nor recognized me thank God. But—“

”But what?” Luhan immediately asked. 

“I took him to my place because he was too drunk to go home. And he threw up so I needed to take care of him. We didn’t get the chance to meet though as he was still asleep when I rushed here and I left him a note not to ask who I am”. Minseok defended.

”My baozi, I would do the same if I was in your place. No need to worry. The thing is though, what if he’s stubborn enough and would still care to know about you”. Luhan responded. 

Minseok was crossing his arms and believed what Luhan said. Baekhyun is stubborn. Surely, he’ll do his best just to meet the man who let him sleep at his place. Worse, he is still at Minseok’s place waiting for him. He then exclaimed. “Ge, I’m not sure if I’m ready yet.” He then looked at Luhan like he is about to invite him. “Ge, Can I ask you a favor?”

Luhan looked at Minseok without hesitation. “What is it?”