Fourteen

The one that got away

The men went to the police station and reported the incident. Minseok, Tao and Kyungsoo were interrogated. 

It was found that Baekhyun has been missing for two days now. He didn’t show up in school and was not seen in his apartment. 

Minseok is shaking. He is worrying so much about Baekhyun. “Where could he be? I’m so stupid! Why did I let him go?” Minseok’s mind was fighting for thoughts of Baekhyun. 

When the police team finished questioning the men, they all gathered outside to create the next plan. Minseok was suprised to see a familiar face. 

“Jo.. Jongin? What are you doing here?” Minseok asked.

”Oh you know each other? I met him at the bus station when I dropped my purse and he handed it back to me. He told me he’s an intern here” Yixing talked. 

“Yes, we came from the same school in high school.” Jongin added. He then turned to Minseok.

”Uhm. Minseok, I wanted to apologize about a few things way back. I regretted hurting your bestfriend’s (boyfriend) feelings. And yours too. Baekhyun was too good for me. He really cared so much about me but I just ignored him. I am sorry.” Jongin was apologetic. 

“It’s okay for me Jongin. You should apologize formally to Baek once you see him. For now, please help us in finding out where he is”. 

The police team with the guys decided to track Chanyeol’s location. They were asking a few people and found out that he works for his aunt. They were also keeping in track with Baekhyun’s phone to trace the location if ever he does any phone activity. 

———————————

 

Baekhyun hasn’t counted the days he stayed in that room. Chanyeol would use him, lets him eat, but ties him after he’s done. Baekhyun just felt so dirty. He wanted to die instead. He wanted to puke when Chanyeol touches him. This isn’t the life he needed. His thoughts are always with Minseok. He wishes he could be with the man he loves. Yes, love. He is in love with Minseok. He wants to spend his life with him. He already let go of Minseok once. He doesn’t want to let him go again. He doesn’t want Minseok to get away this time. He is determined to escape from this hell. 

“Chanyeol, can I use my phone? My parents might be calling me. I don’t want them to worry” Baekhyun begged. 

“Okay, but I have to know if you’re really calling your mom. Put the speaker on. It should also be quick. You also should do the call in front of me. And.. and don’t ever dare to tell her or I’ll kill you” Chanyeol threatened. 

Chanyeol handed Baekhyun’s phone, his hands are still tied. Baekhyun quickly the location before dialing his mom’s number. 

“At least mom would know my last location if ever I die here” he said to himself. 

The call finished as quickly as possible. Chanyeol turned off Baekhyun’s phone and kissed him. Baekhyun was crying. He just wants to escape this mess. 

Chanyeol stopped touching Baekhyun when he heard some footsteps towards his door. He grabbed his gun and hid behind the door. 

 

The door was kicked and Chanyeol fell. The police were quick to grab his gun and arrest the tall guy. 

Minseok then entered the room and saw a befouled Baekhyun. He untied the man and hugged him tightly. 

“Boo. I’m sorry. I’m really so sorry.” He was already sobbing. 

“Baby, I am more than sorry. I’m sorry I haven’t told you about him. He’s a monster. I am sorry. I know I don’t deserve to be forgiven but I am truly sorry” Baekhyun cries. 

“Let’s get you home, okay? You deserve to rest. Let’s talk about everything later”. Minseok wiped Baekhyun’s tears. 

As they left the room, Jongin approached Baekhyun and Minseok and sincerely apologized. 

“Baek, uhm, I hope we can forget about the past to the very least. I am deeply sorry”. 

“Nah, Jongin. Past is past. Let’s focus on the present. After all, we were kids and immature back then. And you helped me realized who I really needed in my life. So thank you” Baekhyun patted Jongin’s shoulder. 

 

Chanyeol was detained for the rest of his life. He is in the psychiatric ward though due to his delusions and episodes.