The Present

NOELLE (Sehun x Irene)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I remember it all too well.

It was that time of the year. Who could forget about it anyway?

The wind was billowing hard against my windshield. Joyous Christmas songs blasting from the radio and I…I was singing along with it like I was in a karaoke.

Three years have passed, here I am on the same road again.

Now, Christmas is just around the corner, yet my sister, Solar, and her husband, Eric, are both unapologetically busy. So, what does a loving sister like me do on her vacation? Of course, help her sister babysit the kids while the couple’s out working on Christmas.

Problem is, I’m not about to babysit just one kid.

My sister has three boys. Well, fraternal triplets. At age three.

I’m starting to think three is her lucky number.

It was this time of the year when I was driving on the same route, going to Solar’s house for Christmas. The triplets were just newborns. Our parents were still traveling with my sister from our family home in the province and I was all by myself on this bumpy road.

Solar volunteered to be the host for Christmas because she just got promoted to manager, she just gave birth to healthy triplets, and her husband succeeded in launching their business. What a time to be alive, right?

However, since then, I haven’t spent Christmas at her home because I hated driving on this road. That was the best time for her. But not for me. I still remember how I ruined everything.

Nevertheless, I am doing this for my three adorable nephews. Well, who could say no to them? If I have kids like them—

Okay. Not going there.

I drove off to the nearest China town in their neighborhood to buy some dumplings. They sell cheap but delightful Chinese food over there and dumplings are the triplets' favorite snack. What a perfect location.

The triplets might be too young to eat adult food, but they won’t say no when it comes to meat—and dumplings. My sister especially spends a fortune on food just to satisfy the tummies of her three energetic boys.

Trust me, they can even eat in buffets.

As parents, I couldn’t blame Solar and Eric. They only want the best for their children. It also helps that Eric has Chinese descent that’s why they chose to live near China town. Food choices and appetite runs in the blood. Appetite was passed on by my sister.

As soon as I ordered five trays of steamed dumplings, a combination of pork, sharks fin, and Kuchai, I settled on the couch near the entrance to wait for my takeout order. Minutes later, I got a text from my dear sister.

Solar: What’s taking you so long?

She’s impatient like that.

Me: Dumplings.

Solar: Where? My boys love that. The maid’s already asking if she could leave tho.

Me: Ikr. I’m in the Dimsum Place. Be there 5 mins.

After the last text, Solar did not reply so I just entertained myself by looking around the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter