The Past

NOELLE (Sehun x Irene)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since the day Sehun confessed his feelings for me two weeks ago, he would always try to get my attention, while I would avoid him constantly.

There are times I won't even attend the same class I have with him just so he couldn't see me, or I wouldn't walk the same paths I used to walk on because he might be around.

Although I have to admit we didn't start this way. I used to feel comfortable around him. But since that day we were left alone in the classroom, watching the rain, I started feeling queasy whenever I see him. I couldn't exactly describe what kind of feeling it is. All I know is that I have to avoid him so I don't think about him that way or I'll go crazy. I'm a girl, after all. His confession bothered me.

Did it make me angry? No.

Did it make me happy? I don't know.

These are the thoughts running in my head these days as I'm walking home from school.

I tried to take those thoughts out of my head as I pass by the usual stores and restaurants every day. There are a number of thrift shops, convenient stores, grill restaurants, and bars, but the most special one is the vintage record store a few blocks away from my house. That's my safe haven as the owner is kind. She would play my request vinyl records whenever I visit the shop. Dropping by this shop has become a routine of mine every afternoon when I'm coming home from school. But, this is also where I first met Sehun.

As soon as I reached the store, snow started to pour down so I stopped by the street for a moment and looked up to the sky to admire the glorious snowfall. The sparkly signage of the shop that lights up in alternating red and green hangs from the roof. It reads Noelle. But it is now slowly being covered with snow.

"Hey, young lady!" The owner brought me back from my reverie as she noticed me from glancing out of the store.

"Ahjumma!" I greeted with a wave from outside the shop, smiling like a fool. She prompted me to come inside the store so I rushed in while hugging my jacket and ducking a bit to cover my head from the falling snow.

The owner is a French woman who married a Korean businessman so she ended up moving here in Seoul. I guess it shows how much time I spend here on a daily basis because I know a lot about her. The vinyl records she's selling now were once her inheritance from her parents' collection in a cafe she owns back in France. The good thing about the store is that she sells the records at an affordable price, along with other merchandise. However, not everyone in Korea has a fascination with vinyl records that's why most of her customers include artists and music students.

Luckily, she treats me as one of her most valued customers, although I don't buy a lot, because she knew how I love music. The store's ambiance is like a warm room filled with refreshing music and items that makes you feel alive as a musician. Aside from the rows upon rows of vinyl records piled up per era and genre, there are band shirts hanging on a corner, keychains and pins organized on one shelf, and o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter