Starting Afresh

All The World's A Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The news has spread to Jennie's parents and relatives. They were stunned and couldn't believe it until Jennie sent them a picture of the form. Jennie has already signed the actor release form to say that she agreed to the terms and conditions in the making of the movie... not that she actually read it surprise surprise. She brought it back to the academy at first daylight the next day. 

"I'm gonna miss you, Jennie." Rosé sniffled in the back seat. "Don't worry guys, most movies only take no more than a month to shoot... right?" Jennie said while rubbing Rosé's shoulders in an attempt to keep her warm.

"Remember to learn your lines and be confident in your abilities. It'll be so weird to be able to track your progress on the movie online lol." Lisa looked at Jennie through the rear-view mirror.

"Da hell...? Gosh, Lisa, you're so right. I forgot that the shooting of the movie will take on headlines. But that's only if celebrities will be in it. Hopefully, I won't be overexposed otherwise the world would know who I look like but then again, I'm going to be exposed anyway once the movie's out." Jennie said scrunching up her face, starting to regret her decision to participate in this movie.

-

Finally, they've reached the airport. The heavy baggage was carried by Jennie as Lisa and Rosé followed behind. As expected, the airport was congested with people. So crowded that it took them a while to find a place to settle in. They ended up stopping beside a snack store.

"Thanks guys for helping me pack and seeing me off." She each gave a warm, long hug to Lisa and Rosé. 

"This is why you guys shouldn't have come to the airport with me because I don't think I'll be able to let you guys go after all the sweet things you two said to me on our way here." They smiled knowing that they'll see each other again soon.

"Your parents were so worried seeing you go off like that from your apartment. Do they really want you to go?" 

"As long as I text them constantly, everything's going to be fine." She released Lisa's hands and faced Rosé, "No matter, Rosé you need to get better before I come back ok? Good luck with your performance too. You'll be doing it alone or with Lisa if the professor is lenient enough since you missed out yesterday." 

Then a lineup of suited men was seen in the corner of Lisa's eyes, "Yo Jen, cue for you to leave right?" Jennie nodded reluctantly, "Well, stay safe guys and remember to call me if there's anything you need help with." She gave them one last hug before she went to check in at one of those counters. After, she walked towards the lineup of what seemed like 'bodyguards' to her. One of the security guards recognised Jennie as she showed him her license and welcomed her happily. She went up the escalator while waving down at them until they vanished behind blocks of buildings. 

-

Jennie looked out the window as the runway became more and more distant as the plane flew high in the direction of Los Angeles. She looked forward to snoozing in the upper deck first class seats, but she was worried. She thought that she'll be alone because she's so far from home and it feels daunting. Will I be able to make it back home safely? Or what lies ahead of me now that I've chosen this path? Were some of the thoughts that swamped through her head like wildfire. 

She never knew that being this lonely was so painful. She thought about how there's always trouble if you're away from home despite having been overseas before. 

From the window of the plane, the wing engine is semi illuminated with the lower half shining around the rim, the upper half several shades darker. As the plane dips, the line between shadow and light moves, and all the while Jennie listens to the hum of the rotors. Clouds lay as numerous as pebbles on a beach, small and heaped in chaotic ways. Above is a drifting mist, thin, oddly transparent, like a half-erased footprint in the sand. Fragments of cloud scattered the ocean as if painted by an artistic hand — delicate inflections of the brush spreading white over blue. The faraway look in her deep brown eyes towards her own reflection in the mirror remained the whole of the flight. Not even the poor aeroplane food was able to change her expression. 

-

"Thank god the plane didn't crash." Jennie smiled while stretching from the 7-hour flight. It was cold, but the Sun was fully visible here. Jennie took out her Gucci sunglasses and wore it like a proud mother.

Jennie was able to find out that the black-suited men with glasses who've been with her ever since she took off, were just agents. They gave her an overview of what she'll expect here in Los Angeles on the plane.

"Miss. Kim, they'll be no need for you to pay for your stay. It's for free. We're now on our way to your new home." One of the agents told her. They were travelling in an uber to go there. She looked at him confused, "For free?" 

He nodded, "This program is very flexible for new apprentices. We've already rented a car for you as well." She didn't think much of it and went along, "Awesome, everything's already set out for me huh?" It seems that the large amount of money that was brought with her was a little more than useless now XD

"This can be my breakthrough as an actress in the real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter