Trouble

All The World's A Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie came out of her car, ready to face Jisoo. A confident look developed on her face when she sees her through the window panes of the door, "I'm gonna have fun with you."

She entered the air-conditioned building without taking her eyes off of her. She stood there for a while, staring impersonally at her former boss before breaking the silence, "Amity? What happened? Your clothes are all dirty now. What a shame." Jennie leaned on the wall opposite of her with her arms crossed. "Cut the act. I don't buy it." Jisoo glared up from the bench, surprisingly with her makeup intact despite having gone through a lot.

"You can take her in now, madam Katy." says the administrator. She nodded as if she was about to do that. Jennie pushed her down the corridor until they were in front of the interrogation room.

"Uh can you stop being so rough, you're hurting my shoulder." Jisoo nearly tripped because of her high-heels.

"You're not my superior anymore, are you? Now get in."

"Come on Katy- or should I address you as madam... Are you hungry? How about some tea? It's all on me."

"Don't play games. I'm here to get your statement." Jennie pulled out the black, folding chair and sat down as does Jisoo, reluctantly. The room was tiled in white from head to toe. The only things that were in it was a video camera in front of a sizeable nontransparent window, a square-shaped table, two chairs, and a convex mirror in the corner of a ceiling.

"I want to file a complaint." Jisoo suddenly spoke just when Jennie was about to talk.

"About? Try me."

"They brought me in at 1:20," Jisoo checked her watch, "It's now 5:16, I waited 4 hours. This is not how the police should treat somebody in custody."

Jennie leaned her arms on the table, "Do you know how many more people we arrested concerning your scheme? A total of 143 people — all big names in the triad. They were all waiting in line. We just left the best for last. I know you're trying to stall time but please, be mature Mrs Rothman."

Jisoo laughed placatingly, "Madam, you've got it all wrong. Today, I went to the columbarium to pay respect to my ancestors. Later, I saw on TV that you guys had an operation there to look for drugs and I so happened to be there at the time. This is just a misunderstanding." When she looked up, her eyes were bright and piercing. There was an awkward pause. Then Jennie leaned back in her chair while recrossing her legs impatiently.

"Tell me, if you weren't guilty, then why did you flee?" She took her phone out on the table and started playing a recording.

"Why is the ketamine powder wet? Could something have gone wrong with the production?"

"We're running out of time. Why don't we ask big brother Julius to give us some other goods as a replacement?"

"If you tell Julius, you're telling him that I'm incompetent as his wife."

"But we'll be in trouble if we can't deliver the goods to the Taiwanese."

"Stay put, I'll handle this."

She paused the recording and placed it back in her coat pocket, "And just when you were up there to check the ketamine powder, we caught you red-handed and ambushed you. I can't believe you really thought that I was working for you in the office. Pathetic." Jennie speculated Jisoo's distressed face and continued, "When you invited me over to your house for the first time, I was able to attach a wireless recorder gadget under your desk. The things said, attests that you aren't what you seem. Believe it or not, you are now a suspect."

Jisoo remained silent but realized suddenly why she hated this woman so much.

"I'm sure you're aware that two of our agents, Michael and Bosco are being held hostage by your husband. It would be nice to have them back. On a more serious note, you traded with triad gangsters, illegally and this time you were so close to getting away with another one. I know the pressure is great especially when you're held up like this," Jennie strutted towards Jisoo until she was behind her, "So we must trust each other all the more. In the future, don't keep anything away from me. I hope we can work as we did before," She began massaging her shoulders a little harder than normal, "The police have issued an arrest warrant to catch you ever since I informed them about your plans. Funny how we ended up like this despite your cleverness. But it's still not enough." Jennie finished while studying at their dark reflections in the window.

Jisoo turned her head to the side as the younger girl's hands left her shoulders, "Good for you. You found out that I slid the goods over there. So what?"

"Actually, my Sergent found out before I did. I was just there to catch you with my subordinates. You won't get the chance to get the goods now anyway."

"Would I be so stupid to get them myself? I'm afraid you're taking this too lightly."

Jennie snuck her hand under Jisoo's chin and tilted her head up, "Well, all the goods are in our possession. That'll be enough evidence to put you in jail through the high court."

"Are they really? You're good for capturing a decoy," Jennie looked down at her assuming that she was the decoy but remained confident. "You're not as smart as you think, Katy."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter