Impact

All The World's A Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Sorry girls, I feel like something was missing leading up to the slap... this isn't exciting enough as in, it was too predictable." He leaned over to some of the co-producers for some suggestions. Jisoo and Jennie stopped and exchanged looks with each other.

"Keep alert, 'Katy'. If he decides to change the scene, you'll need to improvise as you learnt in uni already right?" Jennie glared at Jisoo, "Same to you, 'Amity Rothman'." She playfully teased back.

Finally, Mr Zhang came to a conclusion as to what needed to be added to the scene.

 

...

 

"What? I need to kiss her?" Jennie asked. To be honest, Jisoo was also surprised at the director's choice. She never thought she'd lock lips with anyone else but Julius which was her husband in the movie.

"Instead of just coming out as saying explicitly that you're getting close to Julius, you should extend your act as a lesbian to emphasise that you'll never go after him even though you are trying to go after her husband. Let's shake things up a bit ya know." 

Mr Zhang replied hoping that the girls would understand his decision.

"Then continue on with the original script. Easy as that. DE's, please change their scripts to my suggestion." The dialogue editors (DE) quickly typed it and printed it off in a matter of seconds. 

Jennie was still drunk and red in the face, so she was a bit mind boggled by the sudden change.

"Wait, uh sir maybe it's just the angle?" Jennie asked nearly tripping over from the side effects of being drunk. Jisoo came in and seized her arm preventing her from falling. 

"Are you not up for it? He's the director of this movie you're speaking to. If you're questioning him, you're questioning your potential as an actress. Know your place, girl."

"That's enough Jisoo. We'll think of something else." 

Jisoo shot Jennie a winning look. After much thought, Jennie answered.

"No, I'll do it." Jennie didn't want to give Mr Zhang any inconvenience, and she needed to prove to Jisoo that she was ready to give her everything on set no matter how bizarre things got for her such as this one. Her heart pounded so hard against her rib cage that she felt her pulse press outward, jerking the veins within. Mr Zhang looked at the others worriedly and got into place. The girls took a last look at their updated scripts after a few attempts at the scene before returning to their positions.

"Whenever you're ready." Jisoo looked at Jennie wondering how she'll execute this given her wobbly condition. Here it goes.

 

"That's quite an act you've put out there... but I can see right through you. You're just trying to bypass me and get to my husband you !" Jennie realizes that she has figured out that she was a spy after seeing her real identity on her card. Jennie just needed a bit more to maintain Amity's trust in her.

"How could you think that of me? That's absurd! I was true to you and I still am. You can use me all you want. I-I'll do anything you ask me to: Kill, steal, anything! I can do much more than your selfish husband. He's just using you! Don't you understand?"

"No, you're lying! You're not someone I should trust!" Jisoo slaps her after looking down at the card she threw down. Jennie staggered backwards, clutching her face, eyes watering but instead of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter