Godsend

All The World's A Stage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're such a ! How could you do this to me, Mary?" Jennie wailed while plopping down onto her seat. "Hey! I wasn't the one who hacked into his account!" Lisa shouted, crossing her arms. "It's you isn't it? You took the chance to set me up! Why? What have I done to you?" Jennie replied in hurried breaths. Lisa glared at her and laughed deliriously, "You my friend, are in the way of getting what I want, this promotion." She came in front of Jennie without her back turned towards the audience, "And yes Runo, if it means getting you fired, so be it. And by framing you for stealing the boss's money... you are done for." She smirked, slapping Jennie's face lightly in disgust. 

Jennie quickly repelled her hand away in annoyance and continued, "Ugh don't touch me you scum... You would ruin my life over something I didn't do? I don't want to give you what you want, Mary." Jennie sneared while standing up to her with the theater lights beating down on the two rivals. "Do you really think you'll get away with this? Like hell you would." 

"Oh shut it." Lisa turned towards the audience looking high and mighty. "I have people in this office who'll believe anything I say and follow anything I do. You are outnumbered, Runo. I'll make sure I'll get this promotion and you know I can do it." Jennie growled in frustration, beating the desk with her fist. 

 

Then the room was overcome by thunderous claps and cheers as the room lightened up. Jennie and Lisa slowly got out of character and hugged each other in happiness as they've completed their drama assignment. "Well done, girls. You two did very well despite Rosé's absence today." The professor smiled while marking their performance on his clipboard. 

"We've done it! Rosé would've been so proud! Unfortunately... she couldn't do it with us... has she recovered yet by any chance?" Jennie pouted as she removed the props from the stage. Lisa lives with Rosé in her apartment so really, she knows best what her condition is. She nodded in agreement while helping Jennie clean up, "Still sick... You should visit her this afternoon." 

Their performance was the last for today. Everyone forwarded out while the two friends followed behind, "Excuse me, Miss. Kim! The vice-chancellor would like to see you immediately." The professor informed. Jennie and Lisa looked at each other in confusion. "The chief executive?" Jennie repeated running her hands through her hair. 

"Well! I'll meet you at our place. Byeeee." With that, Lisa charged out teasingly like someone who's gotten off being grounded. Jennie's mouth dropped in awe, "Right um! I'll see him right away." she replied running out. 

-

"Ugh just finished drama class and now this? Am I in trouble? No, it can't be... Was it because I accidentally threw a paper ball at that new kid a few weeks ago??" She mumbled to herself, nearly bumping into the lockers. 

She knocked outside of the chief's door. "It's Jennie." She said, having the courage to open the door ajar. "Ah Jennie, come in!" He greeted with a beaming smile encouraging Jennie to walk in. She is now having second thoughts on if she's in trouble. 

"Um, you needed me?" She smiled sheepishly. He handed an actor release form to her as she came closer to his large, metal-like desk. She flipped the sheet over multiple times, trying to make out what this was, "Road to Fame?" She read the top of the sheet. He nodded. "Bring this consent form

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter