002 - 4 years ago

When two different skies collide 다른 하늘을 만날때
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 2 - 4 years ago

     "Wait so you mean Doctor Do is back today?" A very high pitched voice shot through Jungha's ears as she took a small bite of her sandwich, meanwhile, Taeyeon seemed as if she was going to run back down to the nurses' desk any second. Her blue surgeon clothes where now changed up to her light pink uniform and it even before she could sit down on the sofa a call stopped her. "Okay... what? He's already walking around? Okay just stay calm and..." Panicking, that should be the right word to explain the half done movements by Taeyeon. "I guess you should rest later during Christmas, 48 hours more." Showing a faint smile, Jungha lied down flat on the sofa while finishing off her sandwich within 3 bites. At the opposite side of her sight showed the clock ticking to near midnight. Supposedly she was supposed to rest after the surgery and check the grandson's progress in recovery but no, another massive call was given to her as soon as she was done changing into her white coat. Taeyeon ran to the department of mental health by a massive Code blue call and Jungha had to save a patient with a cardiac arrest. Sounds fancy ain't it? So after running around the next 6 hours more, the hospital decided to ease down and Taeyeon finally had the time to chit-chat with her fellow nurse colleagues. The only problem was that it was not a pleasant call.

"How did we not know he was already breathing the same air as us the past 12 hours?" Taeyeon devastated hung up the call and sat beside Jungha. It's been already 5 years they have been suffering together in this blood spurting hospital and in the final year in escaping the resident title. Only on off-days, they used to go out for a drink or have a sleep date where they could sleep for 24 hours the whole day.  Jungha being the anti-social child since young, it was a miracle she was able to meet this cheerful yet noisy person as a friend. They went through the same allowed such friendship to bond and it was another normal day running around. The only problem was that Doctor Do, the doctor Taeyeon used to be afraid of came back. Since the past few weeks after there was an official announcement that Doctor Do was coming back, Taeyeon was planning so hard not to make a single mistake in front of him anymore. The only problem was that the whole day she could not go and greet him. "I must have given him the worst impression, what should I do Jungha? He's going to eat me alive. You know how fierce he is, remember?" Yes, Jungha answered silently. She knew how fierce and cold he was, she remembered so vividly all the pain she had to go through because of that nut head. How could she forget? But it's been 3 years for her to grow up. He could no longer look down on Jungha for being an amateur of what-so-ever. "We would become an official doctor and nurse within a few weeks, I heard you're moving to the Neurology department? You won't even see him anymore. Don't panic over someone, especially Doctor Do." Jungha covered her eyes with her arm. The intense lack of sleep had to be filled up a bit by bit and she really did not care whether Doctor Do was back or not, her life was already filled with other problems and putting him in that list was just too much work. "But Doctor Jeon..."

 

Residents running around the E.R. is a usual sight to see every single year. It's a miracle how fast they work despite the amount of sleep they receive. Caring patients from a very young age starting from newborns to old elders aged to 80 and above. "Jeon Jungkook! I feel blessed." Taehyung leans against the desk staring at the relaxed environment of the E.R. while Jungkook was finally finishing off his fifth meal of the day, a piece of cream puff. "Well it is near midnight, you should sleep before the night shift gets worst." Wiping off the last bit of cream off his lips, Jungkook looks around for a rubbish bin. Aiming at the trash can a few meters away from him, he shoots like a basketball player and gracefully fails. "Damn it."

"Hey, stop stop stop!" All of a sudden, when Jungkook was about to pick up the trash, Taehyung drags him back to a pillar behind the nurses' desk. "What?" Taehyung was always a random fellow, you never know where he would fly off to and appear from. Also, no one knows what kind of act he would do later on, like how Jungkook again did not know a clue why they were hiding behind a pillar. "Look, the exit." Timidly pointing at the direction Taehyung grabs Jungkook's face and forces him to look towards the door. There he was, wearing a long black trench coat and a grey cotton scarf. Is he going home now? Jungkook thought as he saw Doctor Do walking out of the hospital. "Yeah, I see him leaving What's the problem now." Jungkook nudged Taehyung as he wanted to move away from the pillar but he was grabbed in again."What him, no her." Re-focusing at the background Jungkook's focus was soon on a women doctor wearing a same white coat as Jungkook. Short hair reaching over her shoulder and a small figure squatting down caring a little kid at the corner of the E.R. Both men could not hear properly what she was saying but "Wow" Taehyung whispered.

"What? Why who is she." From Jungkook's view she did look fine for a doctor and yes she indeed looked very kind. But that's it. However, Taehyung's eyes were sparkling as he was watching that woman doctor helping out the little kid in the E.R. "Doesn't she look like an angel? I can't take my eyes off of her." And yes, he was definitely fangirling over another pretty woman. Kim Taehyung since university days was famous for falling in love with all the pretty woman around him and stopping him was always Jungkook. Saying that she already has a boyfriend or just telling him to study. Sometimes he did try telling him to confess but as being a terrified human being, Taehyung could never even go near the woman he fell in love with. This legacy continued on in his internship and on his first year of residency, that woman doctor appeared on Taehyung's radar. But who was she? Jungkook tried to use his flawless eyesight and squinted his eyes to look for her name tag but it was easier said than done.

"Doctor Lee, sorry to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter