004 - An unexpected curve

When two different skies collide 다른 하늘을 만날때
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4 - An unexpected curve

" I'll send you to to the doctor over there so you can get a prescription alright?' Taehyung was clearing the alcohol wipes and the metal utensils used to extract the glass shards from the young lady's hands while Joohyeon was wrapping her hand with a bandage so no further infections could happen. When Taehyung checked his watch, it was two past midnight. An hour late from ending his shift but he was kept by the streaming patients and by that time he had already given up celebrating Christmas for that year. Placing the metal rack at the counter he was requesting for them to get sterilized when he overheard some nurses talking at the corner of the counter. "Did you hear, Doctor Do and Doctor Jeon finally met?" A familiar tone when women talk about gossip and being the newsboy between the year 1 residences, this was another chance to storm in the room shouting 'Big News'. Taehyung's ears twitched walking towards the group.

"What's the big deal with those two meeting?" Jumping into the conclusion with his puppy eyes filled with curiosity, Taehyung looked at one of the nurses. "Oh, Doctor Kim..." Right did I tell you, Taehyung and Jungkook where the number one and two doctors with the highest popularity in the hospital? Well yes, every woman, child or some men he helps out seemed to go along really well with his smile that even though he made a mistake, it could be forgotten by his face. Moreover, Taehyung being the friendly male doctor and Jungkook being the cool yet cute doctor, when their duo stands together, the nurses cry with joy by just those two. So when Taehyung hopped in the conversation, the few standing stepped a few backs with shock.

Taehyung sheepishly smiled as he was welcomed by all the attention to him. "Well I don't know if you know about the long-lasting history Doctor Do and Doctor Jeon had even before you enrolled here. They-" but her sentence was cut short by a hand. "Ending shift?" Bae Joohyeon she was.

Stretching Taehyung's ears as if it was cheese she quickly took him out of the group, with a 'smiling' face. "End it well, cause your patient over there have been waiting for you to call our senior for the prescription?" That's when Taehyung's eyes widened and realized he did not finish his duty. Rushing towards a certain direction, Joohyeon watched him go and took his spot in the group. "So, what is this interesting talk going on." The nursing group got closer to each other and headed deeper into the counter as one more nurse joined in to announce and steaming hot news that was just delivered.

"Okay the VIP room is having a war right now, I just heard it from the nurses from the other department." Panting, the nurse continued her story.

 

"Are you crazy? No wait, that's not the right question. What is wrong with you?" A cold chilly night at the dawn of December. Taeyeon and Jungha where walking by the side of the hospital hallway as Taeyeon tried to stop Jungha from walking away from her. "I need to change, Sorry Nurse Lee can you help me type these documents in regards Mr. Kim Jongin?" Jungha stopped and handed the plastic file over to the counter. "Doctor!" Taeyeon grabbed Jungha by the arm. "It's Christmas now, isn't it? You should go to the lockers and change first, I still have some papers left." Trying to stop Taeyeon from confronting her anymore, Jungha quickly pulled her hands off and walked off even before any more words could come out from Taeyeon. 

Breathing in and out Jungha stood still in the snow filled sky garden of the hospital. Being it the start of a cold morning of Christmas, as she breathed, her warm breathe drew out light clouds in the air as she just stood there staring at the bright city lights below. Constantly remembering what happened in the VIP room, she closed her eye tightly and finally had to time to calm herself down from all the drama that just happened minutes ago.

 

37 minutes ago

 

"The chairman personally requested this, please step aside." Halfway through checking Mr. Kim Jongin, Jungha was soon stopped by one of the bodyguards. However, having a stubborn personality which allowed her to gain this much recognition, Jungha looked eye-to-eye to the guard as she quickly checked his progress. "He requested? Still policy wise I have the rights to check him as the doctor who performed his surgery." Kyungsoo stood behind her as he saw such feat accomplished by Jungha. The guards just stood there trying to think of a way to get her out of the room as Jungha continued to note down on the plastic file filled with paper. Kyungsoo let out a deep breath and walked towards Jungha. "Doctor Je-" But soon he was cut off by Jongin who was laying quietly on the bed the past few seconds.

"Well, having a pretty female doctor is better than just male one, ain't it?" Despite someone who was under a surgery a few hours ago, Jongin was sheepishly smiling on the bed as he finally broke the tension of the room. It was a funny sight for him to see doctors fighting over him, especially a female doctor fighting for him? This was just getting interesting. "But sir..." One of the guards who seemed like the highest rank in the room stood beside him and tried to shut him off before he could say anything more stupid that would worsen the situation. "Just have double doctors. Okay? I'm tired so just I don't care what the chairman said. I like her better." Kyungsoo's eyebrow slightly twitched.

But for Jungha, Jongin was the only savior at that point of time where she could really make a big fool of herself. So as she finished down writing down the last sentence, with a small polite smile she looked at Jongin for a second and quickly turned to face Kyungsoo. "If there are any enquires, you may just call me. Then I think he is doing well for now. The nurses would come to check in by an hourly basis and if there is anything that discomforts you, feel free to call me or Doctor Do." Facing Kyungsoo for awhile and then facing Jongin, Jungha gave a slight bow to both of them as she walked out of the room. She was fast concise, but at the same time a huge impact.

When she opened the door, even before she could take a breath Jungha realized there where many doctors and nurses in front of the door, waiting. Great, she did something again without thinking through. Thankfully amongst the group, the director was nowhere to be seen. So i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter