003 - All during midnight

When two different skies collide 다른 하늘을 만날때
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 - All during midnight

    -Knock Knock

The sound of the hollow wooden door echoed through the hallway located on the 8th floor. But no answer. Jungha knocked on the door once more but still no answer. "Doctor Jeon, are you looking for Doctor Do?" Jungha stood in front of the door for a little while before Nurse Jung Soojung spotted her looking like a lost soul in the middle of the hallway. "Oh yes, is he not in?" with a questionable face Jungha quickly welcomed someone to help her out why there was no one in the room. "He left a while ago to his patients." Nurse Jung answered back. "Patients? But he just came today how is that..." but before Jungha could finish her sentence another vibration from her pocket interrupted her. The caller was 'Doctor Kim Namjoon'. And it was not until Jungha's face became worse to the worst look ever as after a few seconds she answered the call, Jungha quickly gave a slight bow to Nurse Soojung and began running the opposite direction she came from. 

 

"What happened to Mr. Kim Jongin." Barely reaching the entrance of the VIP rooms, Jungha caught up with Namjoon who was about to enter the place, holding a translucent plastic file on his left hand. She quickly grabbed him by his shoulder and looked at him with questionable eyes regarding she call she just received awhile ago. Namjoon turned and brought Jungha into the VIP area before the electric doors were shut in front of her face. "Is he in?" Still asking Jungha was about to bring Namjoon together towards Kim Jongin's room before she was held back by him. "I think you should go in later." Namjoon alerted Jungha. Being a senior mentor, Jungha always knew Namjoon was a very respectful doctor and also a very skilled senior she could learn from. However what he was doing right now was hard for her to understand. He called a few seconds ago about him waking up and that she should hurry but now his asking her to walk in later? It was something Namjoon would never do but this time the atmosphere felt different. He let the other nurses walk past them while still grabbing on Jungha's arm. "Is this some kind of joke Doctor Kim?" Jungha faced Namjoon face-to-face with a very annoyed expression. "No, I also received the message just..." However, before he could even finish his sentence, a familiar voice echoed through the hallway once again, causing Jungha to slowly turn back to the direction where she could hear the voice. One step by another, she took Namjoon's hand off her arm and slowly walked towards the sound source.

"He seems to have a great recovery from-" As she slowly opened the metal door, there where many people standing in the room. The bodyguards, one woman who seemed like a secretary and a few nurses standing beside... him. Flipping through the chart Jungha wrote down a while ago, he seemed to have control over the patient, laying right in front of him smiling sheepishly with an oxygen mask on his face. Jungha's patient to be exact. The surgery seemed to have gone well, taking in consideration that Doctor Jeon Jungha was the doctor-in-charge. It was not a surprise that Jongin was having great results as soon as he regained consciousness, but the only difference now was that the man standing in the middle of the room seemed like he had taken over. So before anything could be further done, Jungha quickly grabbed her mind together and knocked on the half-opened door. "So now he... oh Doctor Jeon." There he was, sharply cut hair with his two big eyes, turning around to see an unwanted visitor in the room. All the attention was then on Jungha as she walked towards Kyungsoo with a frustrated face, wanting an explanation for this. This was her case, her surgery, and her hard work. Finally a chance to gain recognition from the director to become the most renowned doctor in Seoul university hospital. The only problem was that this scene looked too familiar to Jungha and an indescribable worry engulfed her like a tsunami. But being the robot she is, she covered the thoughts with a stern poker face. 

"May I know what's happening?" Jungha looked straight up at Kyungsoo's face. As soon as she finished her sentence, the room was filled with a painful static tension and the nurses were forced to step a step back from them. It was as if 4 years ago when Jungha and Kyungsoo first had an argument in the middle of the E.R., fighting over a patient whether she needed immediate surgery or just medicinal help. An interesting two to force them to meet once more. Like two hot knives on fire, their tension seemed like it could injure someone nearby. However, it was not long until Kyungsoo opened his mouth, with the coldest possible expression. "The doctor-in-charge changed Doctor Jeon. I would be helping Mr. Jongin from now on, haven't you received the message?" No reply, just her staring at Kyungsoo for a few seconds. When he thought Jungha finally got the message across, he was about to turn around and get back checking the documents, just when suddenly Jungha walked passed him and checked the oxygen level beside Jongin. "Doctor Jeon this would be done by..." The nurses beside Kyungsoo tried to stop Jungha until she strongly away their hands and kept checking his BP (Blood pressure). "BP seems fine and breathing seems stable as well." With a stone cold face, Jungha continued to do her work in front of the executives and Do Kyungsoo.

 

 

The atmosphere of the E.R. seemed to be more dead than usual after Kyungsoo left walking out with a stern warning. Nurse Sooyoung was in the worst mood possible and once Kyungsoo left, a flood of patients came walking in with small, big and tin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter