001 - 4th year

When two different skies collide 다른 하늘을 만날때
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1 - 4th year 

    "Call Doctor Kim Junmyeon from the *Neurology department and call any *resident whose free, no wait don't" Jungha brushed her hands against the sponge as she gets ready for an upcoming emergency surgery. Wearing blue top to bottom, anyone would know she is a surgeon and anyone who sees her eyes would know even better she is a person who knows what to do. "This is a big one, I can't let any lost soul entering this room. Call Doctor Kim Namjoon for an assistant and nurse Kim Taeyeon." Her voice is soft yet firm. Hiding half of her face with a blue surgical mask was still not enough to cover up her strict and tense aura as Nurse Bae Joohyun stared at Jungha's back as she noted down the doctors to call. It was already an honor to meet such famous woman surgeon in the hospital but she was much more than what Joohyeon, no anyone expected from her. 

*Neurology/ Neurologist - A specialist in human nerve systems, usually helps out in making the patient sleep during operation

*Resident -  a physician who has finished medical school and is receiving training in a specialized area, such as surgery, internal medicine, pathology, or radiology.

Jungha walked in while holding up her bacteria free hands from the wash previously and waited for the other nurses to place two surgical gloves on her hands. The heart rate machine continuously beeped throughout the room and the toxic smell of the disinfected metal tools on the side changed the tone of the operation room. The man Jungha saved previously in the E.R (Emergency room) lay on the operation bed with a much less bloody body covered with a green cloth. Seconds later all the doctors Jungha requested rushed into the room as well. The main source of light dangled above the unconscious man as Doctor Junmyeon *anesthetized the patient. Everything was set and Jungha's voice broke the silence of the operation room. "*Scalpel". She took a big breath as the scalpel slowly approach the man's flesh. At that short moment, a short flashback shot through her sight.

*Anesthetize - to induce a loss of consciousness.

*Scalpel - a knife with a small, sharp, sometimes detachable blade, as used by a surgeon.

 "I'll trust you with him." The director placed his hands on Jungha's shoulder as to show his trust with her. "His S-groups eldest grandson. Whatever happens, should never happen to him nor must there be a slightest mistake in the operation. You're a smart girl and I believe what kind of responsibility I am giving you right now." A middle-aged man called Seoul university hospital's Director, he and a young talented girl Jeon Jungha where standing in a quiet hallway. Still bloody all over Jungha's white coat, that's when Jungha knew the man she was going to save was no ordinary person.

No mistakes Jeon Jungha, her own voice echoed through her whole body system as the scalpel slowly started to cut the area of where the internal bleeding started. It was the usual procedure, open his abdomen, suction out the bloody interrupting the sight and find the hole in his body. She was a living textbook. Every step was drawn in her mind and with no hesitance, the operation continued. Still continued with Jungha's fast and swift movements as she was only focused on the operation, forgetting about what was going to happen that day. It bothered her the past few days, but in this room, nothing was important but saving this helpless man under her hands. "Suction." She commanded under the blue surgical mask.

 

 

"I hope to see great results from you, Doctor Do." Meanwhile, at the other section of the hospital, everyone was busy leaving the conference hall and shaking hands with a man with a name tag written on his brand new white coat. Surgeon Do Kyungsoo. The high executives and well-known doctors from other hospitals all walked out of the room as they greeted Kyungsoo with very high hopes in the future. Kyungsoo all gave them a smile as the final co-director of the hospital shook his hand. "I hope I won't bring your hopes down as well doctor Lim" Kyungsoo replied. "I'll ask one of the residents to bring you to your office and the whole schedule for the next few days." They walked side by side out of the room while the co-director was giving Kyungsoo basic ideas and help for the first few days being finally back to the hospital he once worked and sold his youth to. "It would be great to get to know this place. I bet a lot changed." Kyungsoo did a small nod as he greeted the co-director and they split ways. 

The place was so foreign yet an area Kyungsoo was so used to be in. The polished marble floor and the bright sunlight shining across the bridge linking block A and B together. Kyungsoo smiled to himself when he realized how much he ran across this bridge whenever there was a call from the E.R. He practically did live in the E.R and the operation room last time. The only difference now was that he was no longer a student learning but a senior who now makes his own choices and have the power to make a surgical team in the near future. But falling into nostalgia was cut short when a young looking man stood in front of his path.

"Good morning Doctor Do, it is an honor to meet you and to work with you in the same hospital." Like a new enrolled resident, he bowed 90 degrees down and stood down there. "So you would be the resident helping me for a while?" Kyungsoo stared down at the fresh looking man as his nametag was written, Doctor Jeon Jungkook. His first impression was not really bad as Jungkook looked ready and quick, just like how any good doctor should be. "My name is Jeon Jungkook, a first-year resident. I've done a year internship here so I may not fully know about the hospital but I know best among the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter