Chapter Six

Trials (Daragon Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Third Person P.O.V

Jiyong came home after a stroll in the woods and noticed smoke coming out of the kitchen once again, inside the kitchen Sandy was coughing while attempting to make the smoke disappear. 
He ran towards the kitchen as quickly as he could and turned down the flame while getting some water to pour into the pan that had smoke arising from it.

Sandy stared down at her feet, with disappointment evident in her eyes, "There wasn't much rice to begin with and now it's gone to waste again," spilled Sandy.

"It's all right. When my injuries are better, I'll find a way to get food," reassured Jiyong. Jiyong wanted to hide his identity from Sandy, scared that she would leave him if she knew who he was.

At night, Sandy would fall asleep sitting on a chair with her upper body on the dinner table, and Jiyong, who didn't want her sleeping in an uncomfortable position, would carry her towards the bed and laid her down next to him. While she was asleep, she would unconsciously move towards Jiyong, draping her arms around him and snuggling deep into him as if he were a pillow. While Jiyong would lay there, smiling in his own world of happiness.

During the middle of the night, Sandy woke up and found herself snuggled into Jiyong. She was shocked and did not know how to react. She looked up to Jiyong and saw that he was calm and not surprised or angry about the situation. "Why am I sleeping on the bed?" she quietly asked Jiyong.

"You always sleep until the middle of the night and climb in," he lied, not wanting her to think that he had ill intentions of having her in bed with him, "I am hampered by injuries and naturally could not stop you."

"Then... I also chose to hold you?" she gasped. 

"Yep."

"Then..." she replied, slowly moving her arms off him.

"Don't move," he said, grabbing onto her arms and putting them back on his chest, and proceeded to pretend he was asleep.

"Did I bump into your injury?" she questioned, while Jiyong remained silent, pretending not to hear her, "Are you asleep?" she asked again, whe there was no reply, she relaxed on his body while still confused about what happened and fell asleep. Jiyong, however, stayed awake and smiled to himself while looking at Sandy's sleeping form, and soon, he too fell into a peaceful slumber. 

Bom was picking a few branches of peach blossoms for a vase arrangement when someone interrupted her, "Park Bom?" it was Youngbae, the secretary of Seunghyun, they had the chance of meeting yesterday and Bom got to explain her situation to him.

"What are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm t peach blossom branches for a vase arrangement," she replied unenthusiastically, "Ever since I entered as a maid, I haven't even seen the shadow of Seunghyun. I'm ordered around all day that I've forgotten what I came here for in the first place," she complained.

"How about this? If you want to repay Seunghyun, then you must see him. Pick a few peach blossoms and I will take them to Seunghyun and compliment them so you'll have a chance to thank him," offered Youngbae, "How is that?"

"But if Seunghyun sees that I am in his house will he blame me?" Bom asked worryingly.

"In order to repay him, you have already humbled yourself to be a maid. Seunghyun would only be touched instead of blaming you," he assured.

"You're right," agreed Bom, "I've never served another in such a way before. And this is for repaying him. Seunghyun would surely understand!"

"Quickly give me the vase arrangement then!" 

"Youngbae..." marveled Bom, "You're so good to me!"

Youngbae delivered Seunghyun the vase arrangements, who was in the company of Seungri. They both inspected the vase arrangement in admiration.

"These peach blossoms are quiet nice," complimented Seungri.

"These were picked by a new maid who has a good eye for this," added Youngbae.

Seungri leaned towards Youngbae and whispered in his ear, "Maid? A new arrival?"

"What is it? Are you interested in seeing her?" asked Youngbae with an amused grin on his face.

Seungri looked at Seunghyun, then looked back at Youngbae, "Let's see her," he replied with excitement in his voice.

"I'll go fetch her for you," Youngbae replied as he left to bring Bom to meet Seungri. Unknown to him that Seunghyun had an amused look on his face and let out a quiet sigh.

When Bom arrived at Seunghyun's office, she greeted him with a bow and looked up to him to see him looking at her with an amused smirk on his face.

"Let me see you," pleaded Seungri.

"Why do you want to see me?"

Then, as if on cue, Chaerin arrived and spoke, "Seungri is a well-known playboy in the business world. Of course he wants to see your face," looking at Seungri with a smug look on her face.

"Yes. I want to see your face and see if it is as mesmerizing as Youngbae says it is," explained Seungri.

"No! I didn't say that!" bleated Youngbae.

"Did you all agree to come to my office to act out a play?" questioned Seunghyun.

"What do you mean by that, Seunghyun?" replied Chaerin, "Do you understand?" she asked Youngbae.

"No," he replied almost instantly.

"Do you understand?" she asked Seungri.

"I really don't," replied Seungri with a confused expression on his face.

Seunghyun let out a light chuckle and stood up to walk away from them.

"You. You were so disappointing!" scolded Chaerin, "You were in Seunghyun's presence, but instead of showing your demeanor you were so docile and submissive!"

"Didn't you ruin the opportunity, Chaerin?" butted in Youngbae, "I had finally thought of a way to bring her in front of Seunghyun," sighed Youngbae.

"You know her?" Seungri asked Chaerin.

"Yes."

"You also know her?" Seungri asked Youngbae.

"Yes."

"Then this maid's real identity is..."

"Park Bom of Park Corporations," replied Bom.

"Ohhh... so you're the cousin of Sandara Park," Seungri said with an amused look on his face, "Why are you dressed like this in Seunghyun's house?

"Repaying a kindness. Repaying him."

"Don't say it. Let me guess. Is it to repay him for saving your life?"

"Huh... How do you know?" Bom asked with a surprised look on her face.

"From experience! A few days ago, someone took a liking to a woman. I suggested several methods ranging from the hero saving the beauty to using his charms. In the end, he chose to pretend to be saved and thus repaid the kindness. Repaying a debt of gratitude, especially for saving a life always requires some time. Over the course of time, won't affection eventually grow?"

"No! I really did come here to repay him. Seunghyun really did save my life," Bom said with irritation.

"You must not be aware. In all the years of Seunghyun's life, numbers of woman use the excuse of repaying him to get close to him."

"But... I really am here to repay him! Seunghyun really did save my life!"

"Seunghyun also has a reputation for not meddling in others' affairs. So this debt of saving your life you are speaking of is very difficult to believe.

"But... I really am repaying a debt! Even Chaerin and Seungri knows!" Bom rebutted, pointing towards the two.

"Then let me ask you one thing. Do you feel that way towards Seunghyun?"

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter