Chapter Two

Trials (Daragon Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's P.O.V

After my long walk with Seungri, I decided to head back to my house. As I got closer to the entrance, I noticed someone sitting in front of my front door crying, it was Nana. Nana was the daughter of one of my fathers close friends, both her parents died in a car accident when she was seven and she was taken into my families care. My father treated her has his own daughter, and sometimes even cherished her more than me. Since young, Nana has taken a liking to me, however, I have not once felt the same way. To me, she is like a younger sister I have never had.

"Jiyong..." Nana mumbled, "I heard about it, why did you accept the marriage proposal?"

"Why wouldn't I?" I said as I walked past her, fishing out the keys in my pocket and opening the front door. As I was about to walk into my home, Nana grabbed my arm. "Jiyong," she said softly, "I know you know it, you see how I feel about you... since you know how I feel, why do you still act this way?" 

Acting oblivious to the current situation, I calmly replied to her, "What do you think I should see?"

Tears started forming in Nana's eyes, and soon, she started crying, "You should see that I like you." Realising that she was still holding onto me, I gently removed her hands from my arm and looked into her eyes. "Nana," I sighed, "I have always thought of you as my sister and nothing more than that, you should know that."

"Jiyong... is it because I'm not pretty enough? Is that why you do not feel the same way towards me? But you don't even know what Sandara looks like. What if shes uglier than me?" Annoyed by her stupidity, I pushed my way into my house and tried to close the door on her, but she quickly but her foot between the door. "I'm sorry, Jiyong. I shouldn't have said that... I'm just sad that you're getting taken away from me. I know you don't have a choice in this, its only to make the Park's happy..."

"I was not forced to make this choice, Nana!" I snapped, making her jump in the process, "I need to get married sooner or later. It doesn't matter who it is. If you wanted to marry me, you should've just become like Sandara and leave me no choice but to marry you." Moving her foot out of the way, I slammed the door shut. I massaged my temple as I walked towards the kitchen grabbing myself a glass of water. This day has been eventful enough, and dealing with Nana would just build up more of my stress.

 

Dara's P.O.V

I have been sitting in my office for half a day now, catching up on all my work when a grumbling noise suprised me. The noise, actually came from me. Being caught up in all my work gave me no time to eat, so I decided to pack up for the day and grab something to eat. I unconsciously walked towards one of my favourite restaurants around the corner, a restaurant which holds many memories surrounding my childhood. It was where Bom and I would hide when we got ourselves into trouble, it was our secret hideout. I ordered the dumplings and sat wondering where Bom could be, that sneaky girl always likes to go out and have fun, there's not one day of her life that isn't filled with excitement. As soon as my food came out I quickly began eating them. Suddenly, I felt a hand touch my shoulder, "I knew you would be here!" from the first word, I knew instantly who it was. 

"Bom!" I excitedly screamed as I jumped off of my chair to engulf her in a big hug. 

"Happy birthday Dara! I rushed all the way here after I couldn't find you in your house or your office. Working on your birthday huh? What have I been telling you all these years? I TOLD YOU NOT TO WORK ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! WHY ARE YOU WORKING ON YOUR BIRTHDAY?!" 

"Bom calm down! You're creating a scene here!"

"SO? I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY THINK!"

"Wanna go back to my house and dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter