Chapter Five

Trials (Daragon Fanfiction)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong's P.O.V

The smell of smoke woke me up from my sleep. As I turned to my side to check on Sandy, I realised that she was not there. I hurriedly jumped out of bed and looked around the house, I found Sandy standing in the kitchen trying to make the smoke away while coughing. 

"What happened?" I hurriedly asked her while opening the windows and turning down the flame. 

"I just wanted to make some breakfast for you to eat..." she replied in an embarrassed tone while scratching her head.

"Your breakfast produces so much smoke," I teased, "How did you survive before I came here?"

"I'm not picky about my food. When I'm hungry, I pick some fruit."

"It's a good thing you know how to pick fruit," I replied with a smirk.

"Well... I'll go out and pick more fruit for us then."

She hurriedly left the house with a blush on her face. I smiled to myself as I imagined this situation to be a typical morning for us, possibly married with children, and Sandy cooking us breakfast which turns out to be a failure. 

A few hours have gone past and Sandy has still not returned home, so I went out to look for her in hopes that she was not injured or taken. As I went deeper into the woods, I saw her wondering around.

"Sandy!" I yelled out to get her attention. She turned around and ran towards me with a concerned expression.

"What are you doing here?" she asked worryingly, "You're injured, yet you walked so far. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. It was late and you hadn't returned, so I came looking for you."

"I got lost..."

"Lost?" I exclaimed.

"The last time I entered the woods, it took me eight hours to find my way out."

"Eight hours?" I gasped, "To be able to get lost to such an extent is an ability all on its own!"

"I know you want to laugh," she glumly replied, "It's all right. You don't need to hold it in. Go ahead and laugh."

I looked at her consolingly and patted her shoulder, "I have always been very tolerant to those who aren't very smart."

She looked at me in the eyes and let out a light chuckle, "You're making fun of me!"

"Nope. I'm just being truthful," I bickered back was we journeyed our way back to our home. 

 

Bom's P.O.V

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

In hopes of being able to repay back Seunghyun's kindness, I got my secretary to find out his address.
As I made my way towards his house, I saw that it was guarded with security guards at the front entrance. As I walked towards the front door, two security guards came up to me and stopped me from entering. 

"Do you not know who I am?!" I yelled.

"Are we meant to know who you are?" they replied calmly, "I'm sorry ma'am but there are only a few select people who are able to enter through these doors, and you are not one of them."

Hmph. Fine. 

If that is how they want to play, then I will sit outside until someone enters or exits!  I sat at the side and waited for a few hours until a lady, dressed as a man, walked past me and did a double take on me. 

"Excuse me, miss?" She asked, "Why are you sitting here so pitifully? Have you been bullied by someone?"

"You're a woman, aren't you?" I asked curiously.

She crossed her arms and smiled at me with a slight smirk, "Hor could you tell?" she asked.

"My cousin also likes to dress as a man. I've gotten used to seeing it..."

"Your cousin? Who is your cousin?"

"CEO of Park Corporations, Sandara Park."

"What? CEO of Park Corporations, Sandara Park?"

"Yep..."

"The future wife of Kwon Jiyong? Next in line to be CEO of Kwon Corporations?"

"Yep..."

"And you are?"

"Her cousin, Park Bom."

"Oohhhh! So you're the one that turned down the offer of being CEO of Park Corporations. Why are you here then?"

I stood up to talk to her face to face, "I came here to repay a kindness."

"Repay a kindness?" she looked at me quizzically, "Repay what kindness? Who is this kindness being repaid to?"

A smile came onto my face while thinking about him, "Repaying... Choi Seunghyun for saving my life."

"Choi Seunghyun?! You sure are interesting. Every sentence you say is beyond my expectations."

I smiled to myself as I found myself getting along with this person. "Come, tell me," she queried, "How did you come across Choi Seunghyun? How did he save your life?"

"If you can bring me inside his house, I'll tell you!" I baited her, "These guards have been blocking my way for hours now!"

"That's easy!" she replied with a smug look on her face, "Come with me."

"You can take me inside?" I asked, eyes wide with full admiration.

"If you had come across an ordinary person, it would certainly have been difficult. However, you happened across me today. Lee Chaerin. I happen to be able to get you in. Come!" 

She walked away from the house with me tailing behind her, "Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"This is not the place to talk. Come with me."

I followed her to a nearby park that was almost empty, and the moment we were there, she questioned me on my I had to repay my kindness to Seunghyun, which I explained to her without leaving any information.

"So it's like that," she nodded, "So you really did come to his house to repay him."

"Of course."

"With his current status, he does not have anything he wants. How are you thinking of repaying him?" she asked.

"I... I am thinking of staying by his side day and night," I explained, "There will come a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter