Goodbye My Love

I would

RINA's POV

People around me aplauded his performance. My attention was caught when I heard him speak.

"For our next song, may I call on my best buddy ever since, Amber Liu."

Wipping my tears, I saw a guy beside him smiling holding a guitar.
They started singing. I was astounded when I heard the guy sing. I was wrong, she's a girl. And they're voices sounded in perfect harmony. They have this invisible connection, their eyes were talking. I feel jealousy hit me.

"Is she the girl who called me almost three years ago?" I asked myself trying to remember our very short conversation before about Henry.

~

I was in the middle of my lunch break when my phone suddenly rang.

"Unknown number?" I picked it up hesitantly. "Hello?"

"Is this Rina?" A girl's voice was on the line.

"Ne~ who's this? And where did you get my number?"

"I'm Henry's friend. I just called to ask something from you." The girl said.

What is she talking about? Henry's friend, he never told me about him having a female friend.
"Wh-what is it?"

"I want you to promise me that you'll take care of him."

"Hey, of course i'll do that, i'm his girlfriend, you dont have to tell that to me." I told her frowning.

"Second, dont make him upset, dont hurt him." She cut me out.

"Yah! Who are you and why are you telling me this?" My voice sounded a pitch higher.

Ignoring my question, she continued.
"And lastly, love him, dont make him sad. Please~"

"Hey~ are you his other girl?" Annoyance was obvious in my tone.

"I told you I'm his friend, and never think that he will cheat on you. Henry loved you so much, i've never seen him like that before he met you. And I'm a bit worried that he might end up hurt that's why I'm asking you these things. So Rina, please promise me that you'll love him for real. Please~" the girl persuaded.

I felt a bit guilty when I doubted Henry's feelings for me and accused him of having another girl.

"I promise, I will love him no matter what. He's my life, my everything. So dont worry. Uhhm~ May I know your name?" I asked again.

"Thank you Kim Rina~" i felt that smile was painted on her face. And just like that, she hang up without telling me who she is.

~

After the song ended, Henry hugged her, held her hand and bowed down. He didn't let go of her as they went down the stage. She might look like a guy but she's still a girl, I felt so enraged. I wanna strangle her.

"Go away from my guy." I said thru gritted teeth. I wanna stand up and pull that girl off him but i was stuck from where I'm sitting when realization struck me.

I saw Henry wrap his arm on her shoulder as they sat by the bar. They're talking about something.
He seemed so comfortable with her.
I felt heaviness in my chest. I wanna scream. I wanna run to him. But i cant, i dont want him to feel sad again. He looked happy now... Without me~

'Now will you let go of me from inside you? Let go of me?' His words rang to my head again. "Should I really let him go? Should I set him free too?" Indecisiveness wrapped me again. 

~~~

AUTHOR's POV

"Is that Rina-ssi?" Donghae pulled Mark and asked him.

Mark narrowed his eyes to scrutinize the figure near the window. "Aack! It's her hyung!! But why is she here?? I thought..." he stop mid-sentence.

Donghae understood what he meant, "I dont know either." He tipped his head sideways confused.
"Yah! Since you're back, this will be your first task. Keep an eye on her, ne? Henry needs to know she's here."

"Aye aye hyung." Mark salutes.

Hae went straight to where Henry was seated.

"Yah! I have something to tell you" he whispered to Henry.

Henry was having fun taking his shot while waiting for his next stage when he noticed Hae nudged him.
"Oh hyung, wae?"

"Rina's here." His face serious.

"That's impossible. Why would she come here?" He didn't believe him.

"I dunno. Maybe he wanted to talk to you." Hae shrugged.

"If she really wanted to talk to me, she'll go straight where i am now and pulled me off my seat to talk." Henry said coldly.
"Maybe she's here to look for some cheap guy who can replace me."

"Hey~ are you drunk?" Hae frowned.

"No hyung, i'm just stating a theory." Hae was flustered with his reply.

Henry left the group speechless.

"What's with him?" Hae asked Amber after he left.

"Pain changes people, you know?" Amber shrugged.

Donghae glanced back again at him and noticed Henry's sad expression in the dim light.

"Poor guy, why does he have to go through this?" He mumbled.

~

HENRY's POV

Blinding lights met me again. Little by little, i learned how to adjust my vision with it.
I scanned the crowd to see if she's really here. My heart halted when I saw her staring outside holding a glass of some blue liqour.

"Why is she drinking?" I became worried again. But i should stop this stupidity, everything's over between us. This is what she wanted. Freedom. I'm letting her go.

I took the acoustic guitar and sat on the stool placed in middle of the stage. I threw a last glance at her, I saw her gather her things and was about to leave the cafe when sudden change of mind hit me. I know she'll recognize this song.

The moment I strum the guitar, I noticed her stun. She knew it. How can she forget this song?

I tried my best to focus and not to look at her.

"I'm sending 1-4-3

geuljaron ajik jeondari andwae woah oh oh
(I still can't express my feelings with words whoa oh oh)

Sending 1-4-3 

dansunhan sutjanoriga anya woah oh oh
(it's not just a simple game of numbers whoa oh oh)

I love you 1-4-3 neoneun 4-8-6
(I love you 143, you are 486)

Sending 1-4-3 neomu dareuji
(Sending 143, we're so different)

Sending 1-4-3 ajik eoryeopji
(Sending 143, it's still hard)

Dansunhan sutjanoriga anya 143
(It's not just a simple game of number 143)

She turned her back and watched me. When our eyes locked, I felt the world stop moving.

Is this my second chance? Our last chance?

"Nae mam jeondal andoeji kkeuchi eomneun museong yeonghwa
(I can't express my heart, it's like an endless silent film)

Eotteoke Who What When or Where
gyesok banbokdoeneun deurama
(How, who, what, when or where, the drama keeps repeating)

Mareul anhaedo urin seoroui saineul mitji
(We don't speak but we trust in each other's signs)

Cuz your 1-4-3 is my 4-8-6 
Saying I love you are u gonna love me?"

Amber suddenly jumped on the stage singing the rap part. What is she doing?

I panicked but the moment i saw Rina still staring at me, I calmed down so I continued the performance.

"Dansunhan sutjanoriga anya 143
(It's not just a simple game of number 143)"

Then the music fades.

I stared at her for a moment. She was gazing back at me, smiling.
But why am I feeling something heavy? She's giving me a lonesome smile.

A tear sparkle down from her cheek. She was crying. I cant understand her.
"Why?" I mumbled.

I suddenly pondered that she misunderstood what happened. I'm not singing to Amber. I'm singing for her.

My world shattered for the nth time when she turned her back and left.

I wanna jump off the stage but it seems like my feet was rooted on the floor. I wanna follow her but I cant move. I wanna scream. I wanna cry. It's done. It's all done.

~

RINA's POV

A sip from my glass of margarita didn't gave me peace of mind. Lots of thoughts run through my head. All my faults. My irrationality. My aloofness towards him. I hurt him. God! What did I do? I should stop this, I need to stop hurting him. Going here is not a good idea in the first place. I should go away and stop caring about him.

I was about to leave the cafe when a familiar tune linger to my ear. I was stunned. The song made me turn around and watch him. It seems like it was just the two of us again in this room.
Like I was transported back to that night when he first sang me that song. That night when he confessed to me. Here, at the same place, in this cafe with that same song.

~

"Yugyeom-ah, why are you dragging me in front~ you know that I hate sitting here." I complained to him.

"Noona, jebal. Just this once, hmm?" He did some agyeo that he knew I couldn't resist.

"Arasseo~ hanbon Yugyeom-ah~" i conceded and sat at the front seat near the stage~

I feel there's something different. Something will happen tonight.

Dusky light filled the stage as a silhouette of a guy was formed in the middle. He was holding an acoustic guitar and found his place in the center.

I can't help but smile. I tried to hide it but I failed. He glanced at me, I saw his lips curved into a shy grin.

"I know you can hear me, so listen carefully... my lady." The audience swooned as he said those words.

He started strumming his guitar skillfully. God! I'm falling for him again.

It was an original song coz it's the first time I heard it. He was so into it. Each word was full of emotions that he used to hide.

And as the song fades, the smile that was plastered on his face never faltered.
His gaze met mine and silence filled the the whole cafe.

"Rina-yah, I'm saying I love you, are  you gonna love me?" He nervously confessed in front of all these people.

I was speechless, tears of joy trailed down my cheeks.
When I stood up and walked to him, I saw a glint of hope shone in his eyes.

He was staring up me, hopeful. I smiled and he grinned, I guess he already knew the answer as he stood up.

"I love you Rina" his eyes piercing through my soul.

"I love you too Henry" I whispered just enough for him to hear. And for the first time, our lips met. It was perfect. We both felt total bliss that I forgot that we're not alone in this room. I came back to my senses when people around us applauded and cheered but we didn't stop. Our lips continued to savour every moment as if it'll be the last. Of course it wasn't, this was just the beginning of us. Me and Henry together.

~

I was about to go near the stage and take him back when the girl from earlier, his best friend, claimed the stage singing the rap part. He looked surprised and when he turned his gaze on me, he seemed nervous but still continued singing. They're enjoying it. He looks happy and contented.

I managed to flash a smile. I knew it. He doesn't need me to be happy.

He was singing my song to that girl. She loves him. I can see it by the way she looks back at him.

A tear stroll down my cheek. Heaving a deep sigh, I knew it's really the end for us.

I turned around and stormed out the cafe sobbing.

"I love you, babe. But...." I dunno I feel something heavy pressed against my heart.

I waited for him to follow me outside. Seconds and several minutes passed but he didn't showed up.

Staring up the starless sky I mumbled.
"Goodbye Henry, goodbye my love."