A Good Bye

I would

A/N: This chapter was inspired by Super Junior's song "A 'Good' Bye (헤어지는 날)". 

 

AUTHOR's POV

Rina was struggling to be freed from Henry's grip. But after a while she gave up and held his hand too.

They went at the empty park right in front of the mall. The place was beautiful, peaceful and full of green bushes and trees.

Henry halted and Rina almost bumped his back.

"Why Rina? Why?" He asked without looking at her. His back still facing her and his voice serious.

"I dont know... i really dont know..." it was almost a whisper.

Henry pulled her gently to make her stand in front of him.
"We're still together right?" His eyes pleading as if he doesn't want to hear her answer.

She was as quiet as their surroundings. It was like everything else stopped to watch for that moment.

Avoiding his stare, she mumbled, "You're just making things harder for both of us, Henry."

"Do you hate me Kim Rina?" He lifted her chin and stare straight into her eyes.

She shook her head.

"If you dont hate me, then, do you still love me?" He held both of her hands. His eyes asking for honest answers.

She didn't answered.

"Answer that question after i do this."

Henry placed his hand at the small of her back then slowly inches his face from hers waiting for an abrupt reaction. But she did nothing to stop him, instead she closed her eyes encouraging him what he planned to do. He lightly kissed her lips. It startled her at first as their lips touched, but returned his kiss hesistantly.

Henry's heart shattered into tiny pieces when she returned his kiss. It gave him a feeling that it'll be his last chance to kiss her like that. A tear escaped from his eye. It was heart breaking. Pain seeped into his heart as they continue the kiss.

Rina deepened their kiss then wrapped her arms around his neck. Henry pulled her closer to him never wanting to let her go.

She slightly opened inviting him to dip his tongue into her. Henry, out of habit, invaded her cavern and laced their tongues in harmonized dances. All his emotions came back as they shared that moment.

When they were out of breath, they parted their lips.

He leaned his forehead to her then cupped her face.

"Now answer my question." He slowly opened his eyes and watched her think deeply.

As she opened her eyes, tears rolled down her face.

"I... I still do but not as much as i loved you before... i dont know.. i dont know what made me change... but after that kiss, i got confused again... i'm decided to leave you, but that kiss... your lips... your touch... your warmth... i know I'm being unfair... a part of me wanted you, but there's a part of me that wanted to be free..."

He was quietly sobbing as he pulled her to a warm hug and nestled his head at the crook of her neck.

"Can you give me more time?" She whispered.

He hugged her tightly then slowly loosen his arms around her and held her hands. He took a step back before he finally lifted his eyes into hers.

"I'm sorry if i made things harder for you, Rina." He caressed her knuckles.
"I was wrong, I made you my world. I held on to you tightly and now you wanted to let go from my grip. You're slipping away."

"I'm sorry, Henry."

He shook his head.

"Dont say that. But Rina, please remember, I'm doing this coz i loved you, i love you and i will still love you." His voice cracking coz of the tears that started to build up.

"Wh-what do you mean?" She asked as if she doesn't know where this  was going.

He hugged her tight for the last time and kissed her forehead.

"I'll give you what you want. If that will make you happy. I'll try to handle it, baby. I love you~"

He gave her his sweetest smile before he turned around and started to walk away from her.

"Goodbye Rina." He whispered as he marched towards the exit of the park.

~~

RINA's POV

"...I love you..."

Those words kept on repeating inside my head as i watch him walk away from me.

This is what i wanted, right? But why does it feel like my world is shattering?

My legs got weak, so i decided to sit on the bench beside me which i didn't noticed a while ago.

What happened? What did just happened? Did he really... let me go? Did he really broke up with me?

I put my hand on my chest, my heart was frantic. It's aching.

"What's wrong with you heart? Is this not what you wanted? This is the right thing to do so what's with the drama?" I asked myself.

"...No..." i whispered. My heart didn't want this. Tears came rushing down my cheeks.

I hugged my legs then cried my heart out in that park. I dont care if anyone will see me. I dont care what will they say.

"Am i still in love with him?" This is the question that i need to answer.
And i should stop being indecessive.

~~

HENRY's POV

My feet led me to the riverside park near Han river.

There i decided to sit and watch the city continue to live without me.
I stayed there for a while. I rested my head on my knees and cried for hours.

"This is the right thing to do. This is what she wanted. I'll leave her alone. I know I can do this... for her." I murmured as i stared at the sky as darkness spread.


~~

AUTHOR's POV

"Mom, I'm home!!" Henry said groggily.

"Aish! I told you not to drink too much, kiddo~" Hae snorted at him.

His mom came to open the door.

"Omo~ sweetie~" she worriedly asked Hae.

"He drank and cried his heart out at the bar imo. We almost got into a fight coz of his non sense blabbering." Hae sighed.

"Aigoo~ I apologize for the ruckus that my son caused you Donghae-ya~ and thank you for bringing him here."

"Oh it's nothing imo~ he's like a brother to me~" Hae flashed a wry smile then fixed Henry on his back.

"Arasseo, bring him to his room." His mom said shaking his head.

"Auntie, is he here??" A girl with thick American accent popped out from the hallway.

"Yes, but i think he can't talk to you right now, darling. He's a mess." She stated shaking her head.

"Omo! Wait! Is that you?? I mean? Is that really you?? When did you came back?? Omo!! I cant believe this!"
Hae mumbled surprised.

"Yeah right Donghae-oppa~ its me~ and i'm back, just for vacation. But i guess, i need an extension coz of that~" then pointed at Henry.

"Ne, ne, i guess you really have to." Hae waved as he brought Henry to his room. "I'll just put him to his bed, ne? Before we catch up the latest bout you. Look at you now." Hae grinned.

~~

HENRY's POV

"Aaaarrrggghhh! My head!!" I squirmed as I woke up the next day~

"What happened?" I scratched my nape and shook my head.

The only thing I could remember was our breakup. What the heck happened after that? I need to remember.

~flashback~

I was crying hard over her when I felt someone lightly tap my back.

"I knew it is really you, Henry. It's been a while." The guy sat beside me.

When I looked up, I saw one of Korea's famous artists, Kim Hyunjoong. I guess I'm still lucky enough to be acquainted with these people.

"Oh~ hyung..." i said sobbing.

He smiled. "Wanna talk about it?"

I was hesitating to open up to him because i know its a bit awkward. But I've got no choice. I needed someone whom i can vent my situation.

"Is it really ok hyung?" I asked.

He nodded. "Anything Henry, just tell me."

I stared at the purple sky and sighed.
"Hyung, do you have something that you regret doing?"

He smiled sadly. "Ne~ there was this girl that I really loved but I gave her up." He laughed once. "And now that I wanna have her back, she's got someone else."

He stared at me. "Hey, lets not talk about me. I'm here to listen not to speak."

I heaved deeply but said nothing.

"It's okay, Henry, really. Wait~ Let me guess, It's all about a girl right?" He uttered.

I nodded. "Ne~ There was this girl that I really 'love' but I gave her up." I said mimicking his tone.

He chuckled. "Hey! That sounds familiar. So tell me what happened next."

We spent a couple of hours talking about my painful breakup with Rina.

"Oh~ I guess we're cursed, Henry. The curse of handsome guys."

I chuckled. "Silly hyung."

"I just wanna make you laugh." He beamed and stood up.
"Let's go."

I tilted my head confused. "Where?"

"To welcome you to the 'Broken Ones'" He grinned.

I shook my head in protest.

"Dont be ridiculous. Sulking wouldn't do you any good. You should have fun. Come on, Henry. Don't dwell in the pain. I knew how you feel right now. Been there. Done that. I even wrote a song." He laughed again.

Thinking bout what he said, I finally decided to go with him.

We went to an exclusive bar near central complex. The security was strict and only members can enter that club.

It's one of the most famous exclusive bars that invited Local and International artists to play in their stage. It is also one of the  chain of pubs owned by none other than Kim Jaejoong.

We went straight to the bar and took our stool seat in front of the Bartender.

"Oh hyung, it's been a while." The bar tender with twisted accent beamed at him.

"Long time no see, Jackson." He raised two fingers at him then Jackson nodded.

"Same mix?" Jackson confirmed.

"Make it a bit harder." He winked.

"Jackson special on the rocks coming right up." He grinned before expertly mixing his own concoction.

"He's not a Korean, right?" I elbowed hyung and looked at Jackson as he flared the bottles in the air.

"Ne, he's from Hongkong. And from what I heard, he was chosen by JYP to join his label." Hyunjoong explained.

"JYP? You mean JYPark of JYP entertainment chose him to be a trainee? Wow! That's great!" I exclaimed.

"I was chosen coz of this looks hyung" He boasted as he flashed a y grin after he brought our drinks.

"Yuck! Stop it Wang~ we're not girls that would swoon over that face." He joked and we burst into laughter.

As i sip into my fourth glass, the band started to play again. Unlike their other songs, it was slow and the lyrics pierced through my veins.

'And all my friends keep asking why I'm not around?
It hurts to know you're happy and it hurts that you've moved on. 
It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long. 
It's like we never happened, was it just a lie. 
If what we had was real, how could you be fine? 
'Cause I'm not fine at all.'

I was staring at my glass and before their song ended I didn't noticed I was singing along with their song as if i knew it by heart.

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving,
I remember the make up runnin' down your face.
And the dreams you left behind, you didn't need them.
Like every single wish we ever made.
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia,
And forget about the stupid little things.
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you.
And the memories I never can escape.
'Cause I'm not fine at all."

I sang with my voice fading.

"Woah~ Henry-yah, you know that song?" Hyunjoong questioned.

I shrugged. "This was the first time I heard it. Its a nice song, cant help but remember the lyrics by heart~" i smiled sadly.

"I guess you should try your luck in the industry. You'll do well. You're a natural." He convinced.

"I dunno hyung. I still dunno~" i answered.

"Just tell me if you're interested, ne?" He said as he snatched my phone. "Just beep me up, arasseo?"

I nodded.

"Mochi?" A familiar male voice emerged from the crowd.

I looked around and i was surprised to know who owned that voice.

"Oh~ what a coincidence, another member from the 'Broken Ones' appeared. Join us Lee Donghae." Hyunjoong mumbled.

"The Broken Ones? What do you mean?" Donghae hyung joined us and took the empty seat beside me. His looks were emphatic.

"Just dont mind him hyung" i mustered at Hae.

"Aigoo hyung." Hae chuckled. "Wait mochi~ tell me that what I'm thinking right now is wrong." He eyed me curiously.

I didn't answered him.

"Yes Hae, he ended it." Hyunjoong butted in.

Donghae shook his head in disbelief.

"That's why we're here to celebrate and to we...." His phone suddenly rang. "Wait i need to pick this up." He grabbed his phone and answered the call. The color from his face flushed as he listened to the voice on the other line.

"Is everything okay hyung?" Jackson noticed Hyunjoong.

He put his phone inside his pocket after he ended the call.
"Guys, I'm sorry but need to go. Something came up. Hae, I'll  leave this one to you, ne?" Then pointed at me. I saw him agreed.
"Jackson, give 'em everything they need and place it on my tab, okay?" He ordered.

"Of course hyung. Leave it to me. Now go ahead." Jackson said.

I remained silent until he rushed outside the bar. I guess its because I was a bit drunk.

Donghae patted my back.
"It'll be ok mochi. You can do it. You're strong."

I dont have to say a word, i know he can understand everything. So i just continued to booze mindlessly.

"Hey dude, i guess I saw him a while ago at the park. He was with this pretty girl." A voice from a nearby table said.

"You know what? The girl was so hot. She's sooo able and I acidentally saw them kiss. And god I wanted to taste her. I know she can do better in bed." The erted guy continued blabbering. And his company laughed.

I stood up and approached the guy then hit him square in his face.

Donghae and Jackson immediately stood up to stop him.

"Yah Liu Xian Hua! What are you doing?" Hae pulled me away from the guy before I can throw another punch.

"This bastard was bad mouthing my girl! Who wouldn't get angry with that? So let me go!! I need to hit him and hear him apologize!!!" I words incoherent.

"Stop it Henry, stop it." He told me calmly.

I was still struggling from his grip when I saw Jackson gave the guy another punch. Then the bouncers came rushing to stop the scene.

"I hit him harder so he'll come back to his senses." Jackson shrugged. Your punch was a bit weak coz you're wasted so i did you a favor." He explained while showing his biceps.

"Hey jerk! Apologize for what you said to my friend." He ordered the guy.

I heard the guy apologize before the bouncers dragged him out of the club.

My knees suddenly got weak and felt my knuckles throbbing but i didn't feel any pain. Did i hit him hard?

"Thank you..." I heard Hae hyung say to Jackson. The next words were hard for me to comprehend.

"Yah~ lets call it a day. I'm gonna bring you home. You had enough."
Those were the last words i heard from him before I passed out... again... at a bar... with Donghae hyung...

~end of flashback~

I carresed my knuckles, it was still pink, so that confirms that I hit the guy hard.

"But what happened next? After the bar? Uurrgghh! I cant remember what happened! This is frustrating!"
I fisted my blanket.

"Sweetie?" A light knock and a soothing voice broke the silence in my room.

"Yes mom, come in." I sat up and leaned on my headboard.

She entered my room with concern plastered on her face.

"Here, drink this. This is good for hang over." She handed me honey water. Oh God, I dunno what would I do without her. I love my mom.

"Thanks mom." And I drank it.

"By the way sweetie, your friend came back." She smiled.

"Friend? Who??" I asked.

"Me!" A head popped out from my door.

"Amber!!! You're back!!" I jumped out from my bed to run to her and hug her but she stopped me midway.

"Yeah I'm back bastard!" She flicked my forehead.

"Hey that hurts!" Frowning, i caressed my hurting forehead.

"That's not enough to bring you back to your senses! You need a senseless and heartless hitting, yah know?" She said folding her arms.

"Yah! What brought you here?" My forehead  was still throbbing.

"Your mom called me coz she's worried about you! What are you into, huh?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Oh~ i'm single now." Her jaw dropped.

"Wow! You've changed a lot mochi. Where's the weakling that i knew?" She teased.

I shrugged proudly.
She rolled her eyes at me.

"Ok, i guess you two needs a lot of catching up to do. I'll go now and prepare our lunch." My mom left my room.

When she left, I plopped back down to my bed weakly.
I heard my best friend laugh.

"You'll make a great actor Henry Lau." She teased again. "I knew it was just an act." She laughed harder.

"Shut up Amber Josephine Liu!!! do you want me to show mom how weak her son was?" I snorted.

She rolled her eyes. "Stop calling me with my full name bastard!"

She attempted to hit me but i caught her hand then pulled her. We stumbled onto my bed and we stared in each others eyes for a minute.

"Get off me ert!" She flicked my nose really hard that made me lie on my back and curl into a ball~

"Aaaahhh~ you're too much Amber Josephine Liu!" I squirmed in pain.

"I told you that's not yet enough." She straighten up and stuck her tongue out.

"Aish! Yah!! Tell me why are you here." I asked her after the pain in my nose subsides.

She just grinned at me.

 

A/N: The lyrics came from the song "Amnesia" by 5 Seconds of Summer. Credits to original owners of the lyrics.