Don't Ask

I would

AUTHOR's POV

"Huh? What happened?" Rina asked him.

"Dont you think I should be the one asking that to you Rina Kim? What happened?" he placed his spoon and fork down.

His last words made her look at him with guilt. Her eyes we're saying a thousand of unspoken words~

...'What happened to us Rina? Why did you left me just like that?'...

These questions were left unutterable, they were never spoken. He doesn't have the courage to ask it from her straight.

"What do you mean Henry?" She queried with a tone of irritation in her voice.

Henry was tongue tied which left him look like a stupid desperate boyfriend. He was staring deeply into her eyes looking for answers but she looked away avoiding his glance.

Silence filled the air and he cant stop watching her eat.

HENRY's POV

I want to ask her why, but why am i so afraid to open my mouth and speak out what's inside me?

Am i afraid to hear the truth?

How i wish i never asked that to her before.
I wish i could turn back time.

~~~

I was staring blankly at the ceiling while waiting for her reply.

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 8:21:07am

I dont know baby~

~

That was her answer~

What's wrong? Did i do something that annoyed her?

The weather mirrored my emotion, cold, gloomy, uneasy. I guess there's a storm coming anytime.

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 8:30:08am

Baby, i'll pray that someday you'll find someone that could make you happy~

~

My hands were trembling after i read that message from her. My heart felt so heavy that made it hard for me to breathe. Tears welled my eyes as the rain started to pour hard outside.

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 8:32:14am

What do you mean baby? You're not leaving me, aren't you?

~

I waited for her response~ it took her a while.

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 8:54:45am

I know this would hurt you, but please give me some space baby, i want to do things on my own.

~

My fragile heart was torn into little pieces. My first love broke it.

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 8:56:34am

Dont leave baby. I love you, i cant live without you~

~

I told her desperately.

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:04:08am

I know its hard, but please. Give me space, i'm still here. I'll still try to stay.

~

It felt like cold water was splashed on my face. But i'm still confused.

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:06:56am

Please dont leave baby~

~

I begged. I wish this is not real~ i wish i could just wake up and realize this is just a nightmare.

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:14:04am

I'm staying, just give me time to think and space to move... I'll try to work things out with you~ and lets see if i we can still work things out.

~

she replied. A little light of hope glimmered in front of me.

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:16:18am

Why do we have to go through this? What did i do wrong baby?

~

The rain started to pour heavier outside.

It took her minutes to response. I hate it, i hate what's happening between us. And I hate that the weather mirrored my emotions...

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:27:21am

I just... I just got tired baby, I'm sorry~

~

I can feel sadness in her reply. Or am i just imagining things?

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:30:04am

Tired of what baby?

~

Is she tired of me? Is she tired of 'US'?

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:32:56am

I dunno~ i guess our set up. Look babe, i dont want to hurt you but i dont know how to continue this anymore.

~

Wait~ is this... no! I dont even want to think about it~

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:34:32am

Baby is this the reason why you suddenly became cold to me these past few weeks? Coz lately i noticed that the affection in the way you treat me faded~
Why do you have to do this?

~

It took her a several minutes more to react on this.

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:50:45am

I want to stop treating you coldly baby that's why i'm saying you this. You dont deserve this kind of treatment from me~ you deserve to be loved, you deserve to happy and i cant give that to you anymore, your demands. I want to move on my own, please just let me do this.

~

I 'AM' happy with you, Rina. I know you 'LOVE' me~ all these in present tense right? Is she leaving me?

~

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:54:32am

You love me, i know that~ lets try again Rina~ eventhough i'll put more effort in this relationship just to make you stay. I'll do whatever it takes. Or else i'll kill myself~ mark my word baby, i'll die if you leave~
I love you Rina~

~

Please God, make her realize that i need her.

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:56:12am

I dont want you to do something to yourself babe, you know that i'm against self-hurt. I dont want something bad will happen to you, you're still a part of me.

~

Now i'm confused with her reply~ what does she really want?

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 9:58:10am

You're still mine right?

~

I hope we still are.

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:04:04am

Babe, it'll be complicated for both of us, i'll be pressured with your demands that i know i cant give to you now. If we continue this, you'll just feel i'm ignoring you more, you'll get hurt and i dont want that to happen~

~

What? I dont get her, really~

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:07:54am

Are you not aware that you're hurting me right now?

~

Just explain babe, tell me what's wrong so i can do something~

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:11:34am

That's my point babe, i dont want to prolong your agony~ i hate knowing that you're hurting coz of me. That's why we have to stop this.

~

Am i that stupid? Coz i cant get her point~

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:14:21am

You'll hurt me more if you do that~ are you that selfish?

~

This is kinda frustrating, Rina~ please stop, you're not making sense~ you just confuse me.

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:16:23am

Please babe, i'm doing this for you~

~

Am i supposed to believe that?

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:18:45am

Tell me you're still mine~ Promise me baby~

~

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:21:08am

Do you want me to promise something that i am uncertain to fulfill? I hate making promises. I dont want to say things coz you depend your life on it~


~

Me? Depending on her? She's my world, what can she expect? The moment i saw her, its clear to me that i was born for her~ It is her for me.

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:24:06am

I thought you're just asking for space? But why does is sounds like you're breaking up with me?

~

I hate this!

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:27:15am

How can you give me space if we dont do this?

~

Damn! I cant spell her now~

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:31:45am

What will change then? You know what? I hate this babe, i know we can still fix this.

~

How can i convince her to stay? It seems like i'm not talking to my Rina~ this is not her~

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:36:07am

I dont want any commitment babe. I dont want you relying your life in me. I want to do things on my own~

~

I dont know what to say~ is this even happening?

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:40:14am

Is that what you really want?
End it up like this?

~

I should stop begging~

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:42:03am

Just space babe~ 

~

So its not yet the end?

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:45:07am

If that's what you want Rina. Space, that's what you'll get~

~

And that's the least i could give~ space, not break up~

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 10:49:56am

Sorry babe, sorry for the pain.
i know you don't deserve this~
I love you~
I know i have lots of promises before, i said those coz that's what i feel that time. But now, i dunno~ 
I'm not blaming you, i know this is mostly me~

~

What made her change?
And she said "I love you~"
She's making this harder for me~

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 11:00:11am

I love you, Rina. No matter what~ i hope with the space i'll give you, you'll make up your mind and decide to comeback~ i'm here~ i'm always here for you~

~

From: Baby <3
7-18-2015 11:04:21am

I hope we'll get back to the way we used to. But please babe, if ever i'll never come back, learn how to handle yourself and move on.

~

She's a labyrinth, i dunno if i'll ever find a way out~ i dont wanna get out~

To: Baby <3
7-18-2015 11:08:21am

I dont wanna move on, i love you~ i'll hold on~

~~~~~

AUTHOR's POV

"I dont wanna move on, I love you~ I'll hold on~" Henry whispered to himself while staring at Rina's beautiful face~

"Sorry, are you saying something?" Rina asked while spearing a fish cake from the sizzling plate.

He was just staring at her as if he heard nothing.

Rina snapped at him. That made him blink and brought him back to his thoughts~

"Where did you go? Your mind went somewhere a while ago." She continued eating~

"N-nothing, i just remembered something." He stared at his almost untouched food.

"Stop thinking, just eat, okay? You almost haven't touched your food." She said as she point out his plate.

He kept on staring down at his food, his vision clouding a bit coz of unshed tears.

She shrugged and continued eating.

~

Not from afar, a couple was secretly watching them.

"Hey princess, isn't that Henry and Rina?" the guy asked snuggling his girl's waist.

"Ne, it's them, should we join them prince?" the girl asked while playing with his guy's hair.

He shook his head. "I guess that's not a good idea, i think they're into a deep conversation."

She nodded. "Yeah, i think you're right. Wait, omo! Is he crying?" She said when she noticed him look up and blink a couple of times.

"I guess not? Why would Henry cry in the first place?" They watched them closely.

The girl shrugged. "Looks like they're into something?"

"Yah Tammy, you think they have a problem? Ha! That couple doesn't seem like they will have a problem, ever. Maybe Henry will ask her now that's why they're like that, maybe he's just nervous." The guy smirked.

"Yah Jaejoong-ah~ what are you talking about? Is he planning to ask her to marry him?" Tammy asked wide eyed.

Jae nodded. "Ne~ he was bugging me bout that proposal long time ago, he even asked some of our friends to help him with his little show."

"Aww~ how sweet, but it doesn't look like he's proposing. Something feels strange." Tammy said.

"You think so?" He tilted his head.

She nodded. "Ne. There's this heavy atmosphere between them now, unlike the last time we saw them at the bar."

Jae grinned as he remembered their hot show at the bar. "You mean that night where they're so entangled with each other?"

"Ne, i noticed that they're so inseparable back then but look at them now, they seem a bit... distant."
She noticed Jae grinning. "Yah~ what's with that grin?"

Jae shrugged, "ohh just remembered our night at the bar"

Tammy playfully punched him on his chest. "Silly~"


HENRY's POV

This silence is killing me, i should do something.

As i am about to say something, Rina got something inside her bag. Something that i wasn't expecting to see.

"Wh-what's this?" I stared at it for quite some time before i realize what is it.

"uhm, i guess i have to hand this back to you." she said looking down, avoiding my stare.

"Why? Why do you have to do this Rina?" I have the right to ask, right?

"Henry, you know that i cant keep this. Its pointless~ Okey, lets do it this way. I'm giving this back to you for... safe keeping. Just take care of it. And if ever i'll get back to you, i'll have it back. Please do this favor for me."

Why am i seeing pain in her eyes? Am i hurting her? Or she's just guilty? Uurrgghh! I'm losing my sanity for real!

"But why Rina?" I wont let this pass~ I need answers.

It took her a couple or minutes to answer.

"I cant do this anymore Henry. I'm tired of your demands. I need to move. I need to breathe. I'm sorry."

"I really dont get it Rina, I'm doing everything for you. How come you're getting tired? You're my world. My all. My everything." My voice cracking with every word.

"That's it Henry. I dont want to be your world. It suffocates me. I wanna move... i wanna do this and that... i'm so sorry but i cant keep up. This is the best thing to do."

"What? Best thing to do? Oh come on Rina, you're deciding on your own. I thought we're done working on this decision-making thing? What happened?" My voice is now full of  anger. Wait, why am i angry?

"I... i dont know... So please stop asking why... sometimes, things don't have answers."

"Uuuurrrggghhh! Rina!! I'll go nuts coz of you!!" I grabbed the box and put it inside my bag then snatched her hand and stood up.

"Hey~ where are we going? What are you doing? Let me go!" She started to freak out.

"I dont know, so please  stop asking. Sometimes, things don't have answers." I said mimicking her tone while we bolted out of the restaurant.