TWISTED

I would

HENRY's POV

"Hi baby, how have you been doing?"

~

"Baby, i miss you so much~"

~

"I love you baby, i love you till we both get old~"

~

"Promise, i will love you always baby"

~

"Baby, don't get tired of me hmmm? Dont get tired of my dramas~"

~

"Baby, i will never ever leave you, i promise, no matter what happen, i will always love you, even if everyone's against us~"

~

"I'll never leave you baby, no one can separate us. Distance isn't a problem for us. I love you so much~"

~

"Dont ever doubt what i feel for you baby, hm? I may be like this, but what i feel for you is real, but sometimes, i feel i dont deserve you coz i think i lack on something~ baby, you'll still love me, dont you?
I love you baby, i always do~"

~

"I love you baby~"

~

"Baby, I love you~"

~

"I love you~"

~

"I love you more~"

~

"I love you most baby~"

~

"Always remember that i love you~"

~

"Baby, dont leave me, hm? I love you~"

~~

Re-reading her old messages still makes me wonder and weep. I never thought she'll let go just like that.

So what does she mean before? She's the only one who have the right to say that? And i'm the one obliged to follow whatever she say? Cant i say that too? "Dont leave me hmm?"

What have i done wrong? I gave her everything. I gave my best to her.
I did my best just to make her happy, just to make her stay. I did fight for our love, but what's happening now? She left me? Did she just left me hanging like this?

I sighed deeply.

What should i do now? If only i can understand where all these s are coming from. Maybe, maybe it'll help me a lot.

Rina, please, just make me understand.

A soft knock broke the silence.

"Henry~ You'll be late, wake up sweetie!"

"Yes mom, 5 minutes, just give me 5 more minutes mom."

I dragged my body off my bed, and then stared at my mirror.

Cheer up mochi. Need to get up and have a life, wipe those tears. Face the world, coz you HAVE TO.

I tried to fake a smile.

There, much better. I guess i'm ready for work. They'll not know that this smile is fake by the way~ no one will even care.

She doesn't care anymore.

~~

AUTHOR's POV

For the past weeks, just like any other mornings, Henry needs to wear his happy mask just to hide the pain he's been feeling.
He needs to cover up for everything, he has to work, he has to look happy in front of everyone. Or else, everyone would think that there's something wrong.

He's facing each and everyday with a heavy heart, with all the pain in his heart.

And coz of that, he has to pretend.

Henry works at his hyung's shop, Taco Locco cafe, and works there as a barista.

That's where she met Rina Kim, the girl he never thought would steal his heart, the girl whom he never expected he would fall in love with. A love that he never expected.

She's the very first girl who caught Henry's eyes.

She's cute, perhaps lovely. Her eyes are expressive, her lips are soft, her smile is priceless and she fits perfectly in his arms. No wonder everyone would say they're a great  couple. But what really caught his attention and made him love her?

Its fact that this girl know how to be herself, she's carefree, she's sweet, maybe she's quite stubborn but he still loves her no matter what.
And he loves her for being the way she is. And she accepted him, the same way as he did to her, no matter how ed up Henry could be.

~~

"One machiatto and a slice of vanilla shortcake, that would be 370 my lady", Henry beams a smile at the customer as he takes the order.

"Exactly the same as her favorite." he whispered to himself as he roam his eyes, looking for a familiar face.

"I should stop expecting she'll come" he sighed.

As he went to the counter.

"Hyung, one machiatto and vanilla shortcake for dine in~" he repeated to Donghae~

"Arasseo, hey Mochi, look at that girl, she's cute, right, oohh~ and same order as Rina-ssi", Hae said grinning.

"You like her hyung? Go get her number, just leave Rina to me~ and I'll support you, " Henry fires back.

"Naaah~ i want YOU to get her number so you'll forget that girl..." Hae replied.

"Huh? What are you talking about hyung?" Henry tilted his head in confusion.

"Oh come on mochi, we're like brothers, i know when there's something wrong. You can fool everyone but not me." Hae snapped.

Henry didn't replied.

"Here, serve this to that cute lady, we'll talk later, you owe me the whole story mochi." Hae ordered him.

~~

After their shift, Henry and Hae went to a Soju house to talk.

"Now, spill, what happened between you and your girl?" Hae asked curiously.

"She left. She just left. No reasons, no triggers. She just left me behind." he  said as he filled his glass and drink it bottoms up.

Feeling of surprise was all over Hae's face.

"Wh-whut? She just left you?"

Henry nods.

"Wait~ have you talked about this? I mean did you ever asked her why she did this?"

Henry answered with another nod.
"We did, through text, but no phonecalls at all~ and her answers to my questions are all the same. It's the goddamned 'I dont know' hyung. And i'm now tired of asking, everytime i open that topic, she would suddenly avoid me. She'll get pissed. And the pain will just push deeper in here hyung." he said while he's punching his chest.

"You two should talk personally, face to face, eye to eye." Hae suggested.

"She doesn't want to see me, her reason was she's so busy with her work, she cant come coz her parents were strict. You know that hyung right? Her same old reasons." He sighed hard.

"But that's the only way you two can fix this. Aish~ i did told you that its hard to maintain such kind of relationship"

Henry didn't answered. Now he's drinking straight from the bottle.

"Yah! Henry Lau! You're not a boozer, right?" Hae asked a bit annoyed.

"I've been like this since she left hyung." took another shot. "I've been miserable hyung, for weeks! I've been hurting like hell."

"How long?" Hae took the bottle from him.

"I dunno hyung, lost the days. It's been a while." he tried to snatch the bottle and drink again.

"Have you seen her since then?"

"No hyung, she started to ignore me, she even flew to Japan just to avoid me."

"And now that's serious mochi, I'm so sorry" Hae pats his back.

Then tears started to rush his cheeks.

"Hyung, do you have a strong heart?"

Hae shrugged, "I guess so, why?"

"Can you do me a favor?"

"What is it mochi?"

"Kill me hyung, i just want to end everything."

Hae, with no hesitation hit Henry's head really hard it almost hit the table.

"Yah!! Jeongmal Babo!! Neomu babo Liu Xian Hua!! That's nuts!! And that's too much! Dont ruin your life for some unworthy girl!"

"Hyung stop saying bad things to her, it hurts me."

"Aish! You're insane Henry, dont waste your time on her."

"Hyung, I love her. She means everything to me~ my songs are about her, she inspires me, she's my world."

Hae just stared and blurted out, "But does she love you? Do you still mean everything to her?"

Henry continues to sob while squeezing the bottle in his hands.
"What have I done wrong hyung? Just tell me what, i need an answer."

"Stop Henry, just stop."

"How hyung?"

Hae pats his back, trying to console him,  "just stop chasing her, you dont deserve this kind of treatment, you deserve someone better."

"But hyung.... i love her, i still love her, how can i just stop this feelings huh?"

Hae sighed, "only you knows how, everyone have their own way to cope with this kind of situation. I know its hard but i know you can do it~"

"Dammit! I dunno how!" Henry picks something from his pocket and started to light a cigarette stick.

Hae, surprised again, snatched the stick from his hand.

"Since when did you started smoking?" anger is obvious in his voice.

Henry shrugged, "been a while hyung, so give that back to me."

"This girl just made you worst, you're indeed miserable Henry. Why did you do this to yourself?"

"This is my way to cope, to slowly kill myself, i dont have any reasons to live anymore, i only have her, she's my life."

Hae hit his head again really hard.
"That's absurd! You still have a mom, dont you? You still have friends! You still have us! So dont waste your life for her! You think she'll come back if she'll knew this? That you've gone worst?"

"I dunno hyung, i dunno what to do with my life now! I feel like a trash being dumped for no reason! 3 years hyung! I'm loving her for 3 long years! I even have plans of proposing to her!" Henry was crying hard. "Hyung, if i could just walk away as easily as her. I really would." Then he passed out.