Red and Blue [1/ -- ] [HP AU]

Xiuchen Short Stories Collection

Red and Blue

Harry Potter AU

ººº

Kim Minseok, a Gryffindor student, is best friends with Byun Baekhyun, also a Gryffindor.

Baekhyun has a boyfriend, Park Chanyeol, from Slytherin.

Chanyeol’s best friend is Kim Jongdae, a Ravenclaw.

Minseok is his quidditch team’s seeker and captain, and the school’s best player in decades.

Baekhyun is the school’s best dressed student.

Chanyeol is the school’s most positive student. Ever.

Jongdae is Ravenclaw head boy and the school’s best student magic wise. He also takes a deep interest in the forbidden section of the library, but that’s not to be found in his records.

Jongdae and Minseok did not click when they met. And they have not clicked since then.

Life.

Or it is?

ººº

“I swear, Jongdae, is Baekhyun breaks up with me because of you, I will break your nose… or arms, so that you cannot magically put yourself together instantly,” Chanyeol warned, glaring at the short male.

They were walking from Hogwarts to Hogsmeade, for a gig of their favorite band, The Wicked Witched. It was the middle of autumn, and the evening was cold, chilly wind getting under their jackets, which made them shiver.

“You’re overreacting!”

“We’re already fighting more than we used to! And it always starts with you and Minseok!” the younger growled.

Jongdae sighed, keeping his eyes down.

“I don’t need you to love him, Dae. Just behave like a civilized human being when he’s around and tolerate him!” the taller keep on talking. “Can I ask you at least for that? As a friend? Can you do this for me?” his voice softened, and he smiled lightly.

“I’ll see what I can do, I promise,” Jongdae mumbled, rolling his eyes, and a moment later got crushed by the other’s hug.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”

“Chan—yeol, I cann—nnot… breathe!”

ººº

“You listen, golden boy,” Baekhyun said, pointing a finger directly between Minseok’s eyes.

“Wow, watch out with the trash talk,” the elder laughed, taking a sip of his drink. They were sitting by the bar at the Three Broomsticks, waiting for the concert to start.

“I’m serious, Min. Chanyeol and Jongdae will be —“ he started, but got interrupted by the other’s loud groan, “grow up, you baby!” Baekhyun rolled his eyes, smacking his friend on the arm, “they’ll be here soon, and I expect you to behave yourself! Understood? I’m done fighting with Chanyeol because of you cannot keep your long tongue in your dirty mouth!”

Minseok didn’t get to respond, as he felt a hand on his shoulder. Upon turning around, he spotted a beaming Chanyeol standing next to them.

“Hello there, Yeol,” he smiled back, chuckling lightly at the other’s always positively radiating demeanor, “where’s your midget friend? Did he decide not to come? Is there another test he gotta — OUCH!” Minseok yelled upon being kicked in the shin.

“I told you!” Baekhyun glared, sipping on his drink through a pink straw.

“Hyung, you do realize that Jongdae is the exam same height as you, right? If not an inch or two taller?” Chanyeol asked, laughing.

“But seriously, where is he?” Baekhyun asked, looking around.

“He went to leave the coats and backstage to meet with Junmyeon. He should be here in a bit,” Chanyeol explained, and sat down next to his boyfriend to order a beer for himself and a drink for Jongdae.

“Junmyeon?” Minseok asked, not knowing whether he should know the person.

“Kim Junmyeon? The manager of The Wicked Witches?”

“What?!” Baekhyun exclaimed, his voice rising up a few octaves, “Jongdae knows him?!”

“Yeah. Jongdae knows a whole bunch of random people,” the younger shrugged, paying of the alcohol.

“Well, I wouldn’t call a manager of one of the most well known bands in the wizarding world random,” Minseok pointed, looking towards the stage.

“Do you know him, Yeollie?!” Baekhyun asked, leaning against his boyfriend.

“Yeah, I met him through Jongdae a few years ago. We sometimes hang out, but most times he’s extremely busy… or he just doesn’t like me.”

“Are you whining again about Junmyeon not liking you?” a new voice joined the conversation and from behind Chanyeol and Baekhyun emerged Jongdae.

Minseok raised an eyebrow, looking the Ravenclaw up and down. He had a plain black v-neck on, black skinny jeans and a red checked flannel wrapped around his waist.

“If he liked me, then why doesn’t he ever wanna meet?” Chanyeol pouted.

“Well, have I not asked you if you wanted to go with me? He actually asked about you. Not my fault you’re too whipped over this fella,” he shrugged, gesturing at Baekhyun.

Chanyeol only hugged the elder tighter, smiling from ear to ear, “well, this particular case is all about priorities,” he said, and Baekhyun turned to give him a kiss.

“Oh, get a room you too,” Jongdae and Minseok exclaimed at the same time, and looked at each other in shock.

“Well, at least there’s something you two can agree on,” Baekhyun stated, surprised, “that’s a start.”

ººº

The concert started not long after, and everyone but Minseok went into the crowd. After a couple of songs, Jongdae emerged from the sea of people, slightly tipsy and sweaty.

He sat next to Minseok and ordered two shots.

“So,” he started, sliding one over the table to the Gryffindor, “neither of us wants to be the friend who breaks the dumb and dumber up, so we gotta work a way to make it work.”

“It?”

“This,” Jongdae pointed between Minseok and himself, “you and me.”

Minseok took the shot glass in his hand and raised it in the air, “that’s right. We’re ty people to each other, but we’re not ty friends.”

Jongdae nodded, and upon smashing his glass into Minseok’s, they both let the alcohol stream down their throats. Once the glasses hit the counter, Jongdae waved at the bartender to give them two more.

“Any ideas, then?” he asked, looking at the elder.

“Well, I’m not really a person of words,” he said, taking an opportunity to look the other up and down again, “in comparison to you. So how about we just leave past in the past and move on?”

Jongdae chuckled, and this time handed Minseok the glass, “not gonna lie, talking my feelings out with you is not something I’d be ever looking forward to as well.”

They cheered, drank, and got a third round.

“I’ve never seen you in anything but the robes,” Minseok said, letting his eyes slide down Jongdae’s body, again.

“Your point?”

“Your looks really good in these tight jeans, boy,” Minseok mumbled, quickly taking a shot.

Jongdae raised an eyebrow, observing Minseok. The way his mouth curled over the rim of the glass, how a few drops of vodka streamed down his bottom lip and onto his chin, and how his veins moved underneath the skin on his throat, as he swallowed.

“Well, since we’re starting on a blank page, I’ll take the compliment.”

“Are you open to taking something else, tonight?” Minseok whisper, getting dangerously close to Jongdae.

The younger swallowed hard, slowly looking the elder in the eyes.

“Wh—what do you mean?”

“Your lips looks so kissable, you know. I be they’re pretty dirty, too… from all that alcohol you mixed,” Minseok said quietly, running his tongue against Jongdae’s lips.

“Stop it!” the younger quickly stepped back, looking at the other for a few seconds. Then, he grabbed his hand, and pulled down from the stool, “not here,” he smirked, and pulled the Gryffindor behind him, through the crowd of people, to left, down a dim corridor, to the right through a curtain, until they reached black wooden door.

“What is it?” Minseok asked, his eyes shining in the darkness.

“Bathroom,” Jongdae answer, pushing the door open and bringing the elder in. Once they were both inside, Jongdae locked the door, and turned to face Minseok.

“So,” he started, leaning against the door, “do you wanna me against the door, against the wall, or bend me in half and take me against the sink?” he asked, his upper lip.

“Hold up,” Minseok laughed, nearing the younger, “I thought I only said I’d like to kiss you,” he murmured against Jongdae’s lips, putting his hands on the other’s waist, and brining their lips together. “No one said anything about ing.”

“Ymmm,” Jongdae mumbled, his lips as Minseok pulled away, “isn’t it where it’d lead to, anywhere? Is that not what you meant when you asked me whether I wanted to take anything else it. I’ve heard you had a dirty mouth, but speaking in riddles in not your gift.”

Minseok kissed Jongdae again, bringing his hands underneath the younger’s shirt.

“Did you hate me like ten minutes ago?” he asked in between kisses.

“Don’t you know,” Jongdae mumbled as they broke apart for a moment, “that hate is the best kind of ?”

“And you’d know that how, exactly?” the elder chuckled, untangling Jongdae’s flannel from his waist and tossing it to the floor.

Jongdae grabbed Minseok’s face in his hands, and focused the other’s eyes on his own.

“Because just the sheer thought of you ing me right now gets me more than anything else,” he whispered, ran his finger’s through the Gryffindor’s hair, and then pulled at them, “so you’d better do it good, golden boy.”

“Oh, Kim Jongdae,” Minseok breathed out, “who’d thought there’d be such a freaky side of you hiding underneath the head boy attire.”

Jongdae slid his hand into the elder’s pants, and wrapping his fingers around the other’s , he said, “less talking more ing, shall we?”

Minseok’s eyes rolled to the back of his head, as Jongdae started moving his hand up and down along his shaft.

“Any special requests?” the Gryffindor asked, grabbing Jongdae’s elbow to stop the movement.

“Make me see the stars, and we can consider it a new beginning.”

ººº

“I must say, that must have been one of the best ways I’ve ever started any relations with anybody,” Minseok chuckled, running a hand through Jongdae’s hair, “what do you say we do it again, some time?”

Jongdae leant into the touch, slightly pushing Minseok against the wall.

“It was quite nice, I must admit,” he smiled, running the tips of his fingers over  the elder’s cheek, “something worth remembering,” he mumbled, as he used his other hand to grab his wand.

“Did know you’d have it in you, you know,” Minseok smiled widely, putting his hands on the Ravenclaw’s waist, “I must have misjudged you more than I thought,” he said, brushing his lips over Jongdae’s, “cannot actually wait to see what else I got wrong about you.”

Jongdae only smiled, bringing his hand with his wand to the back of Minseok’s head.

“I guess we’d have to do it again, for that,” he whispered, and as the elder smiled back and started leaning towards him to kiss him, Jongdae placed the tip of his wand against the Gryffindor’s temple, his lips moved, and a silver string of light got attached to his wand. Quickly, but carefully he moved it into a small, silver neckless, and upon closing it, he quickly hid it in his pocket.

Minseok blinked a few times, and then frowned.

“Jongdae? What are we doing… in the bathroom?” he asked, confused.

“Huh?” the younger acted surprised, “don’t you remember? We were drinking by the bar, and then you said you’d use the bathroom? You were gone for quite some time, so I started looking for you,” he lied, shrugging.

“Why would you look for me?” Minseok asked, suspicious.

“Because we have literally just established to put our feud behind for the sake of our friends? May as well start implementing it right away,” he smiled, “don’t give me a hard time, work with me, Minseok.”

“Oh… thank you. I must have out for a moment… where is Baekhyun?”

“Still in the crowd, you didn’t miss much, and you were no forgotten. There’s no point wasting the night here, let’s go. Our drinks our still at the bar,” he chuckled, grabbing the elder by the hand and leaving the bathroom.

“Are you sure they’re safe to drink, tho?” Minseok cracked an eyebrow.

“Probably not, we’ll just get new ones!”


I need honest opinions on this. Because, I just really do. Questions, theories, opinions, bad and good, anything. This turned into a longer idea, and I gotta need to know what to do about this piece.

Love you (and HP)