Of First Dates

Xiuchen Short Stories Collection

 ♦OF FIRST DATES♦

 



It was a beautiful day spring day. The sun was warming up the earth after a long winter, the trees were blossoming, a rainbow of colors painting flowers around the city in the most beautiful ways, and everything was coming back to life.

Minseok and Jongdae were walking down along the Han river, enjoying the rays of sunshine hitting their faces, the warmth from their intertwined hands spreading all over their bodies, and cold waves of ice Americanos streaming down their throats. They were walking in silence, each of them lost in their own thoughts, unbothered by the reality revolving around them.

Until suddenly Minseok stopped dead in his track, pulling an unsuspecting Jongdae back.

“Huh? What’s wrong?” the younger asked, raising an eyebrow.

“I’ve just realized, you know, that we’ve never been on a date,” Minseok stated, raising an eyebrow back.

For a few moments, they just stood and looked at each other, before Jongdae spoke again, “so?”

“So?! Don’t you wanna go on a date with me?!” Minseok asked, his voice an octave higher, pretending to be offended.

Jongdae giggled, taking a sip of his coffee, “that’s not what I mean. I just thought dates are for strangers? Not for people who are already in a relationship?” he pointed, and to indicate that he was right even more, he raised their linked hands.

“But we’ve never gotten to do all these things that people do before they become couples…” the elder mumbled, and Jongdae cooed.

“Awww, Minnie! I didn’t know you’re such a romantic! Is it really that important to you?” Jongdae asked, leaning closer towards his boyfriend.

“In fact, it is, Jongdae… I want what we have to be as special as it feels, you know… we hit is from a … different start than people usually do, and I just want to make sure it won’t be something that we will ever use against each other…”

Jongdae smiled warmly at the elder, embracing him tightly, “then let’s go on a date,” he mumbled against the other’s lips, “but you’re paying. Better take me some place fancy.”

Minseok burst out laughing, before his lips were shat with Jongdae’s.


Hello, my dear all!

How are you all doing?

What you see right here, is the end of one of the stories that I am considering writing.

What do you think? 

Yours xxx