I'd fight anyone for you

Xiuchen Short Stories Collection

“I really don’t wanna go there,” Minseok growled, struggling to make sense of his tie, “just the thought of it makes me sick.”

A soft chuckle came from behind him, and slim fingers wrapped around his on the tie, “let me do it, babe,” Jongdae mumbled, pressing a quick kiss on the elder’s neck. “You’re stressing too much. It will be just fine.”

“It’s a ing college reunion, Dae!” the boy whined, almost sinking to the floor, “do you really cannot go with me?”

The younger dealt with the black tie, and let it nicely lay against a white shirt, “to be honest, I don’t think you need the tie, babe… I’d get rid of it, let a few buttons open, and just give those ers you hate so much hell. You’re the bomb, sweetie,” the boy whispered into the elder’s ear, biting at his earlobe a little.

“Stop dogging my questions.”

“I’m sorry, Min, but you know that I cannot skip this one. My boss was angry with me enough last time I ditched a presentation, because we were having . I don’t think he’d let me off this time.”

The boy in the tie growled again, grabbing his black jacket.

“I’ll join you as soon as I’m out of the office.”

“It’s Friday evening, you shouldn’t be working.”

“It’s Friday evening, we should be off in Hawaii sipping martinis, but life isn’t fair, babe. Now go, or else you’ll be late, and before I get there, try not to attract too much attention. I wouldn’t like anyone stealing you from me,” Jongdae warned, wrapping his hands arund the other’s waist.

“You know very well nothing like this would ever happen,” Minseok replied, resting his forehead against the younger’s.

Jongdae swallowed, and then voiced his thoughts out loud, “isn’t Luhan gonna be there?”

“I honestly hope he was hit by the bus at some point within the last six years, but I assume that would be just wishful thinking,” Minseok laughed, and Jongdae punched him lightly on the chest.

“Don’t joke like that.”

“Why on earth would you ask about Luhan?” the elder pulled away a little bit, to look his boyfriend in the eyes.

“Wasn’t he like… your crush or something?”

Minseok only laughed wholeheartedly at that, “you mean an who turned my life into hell?”

“You know what I’m talking about,” Jongdae pressed further.

“Are you worried that the moment I see him I’m gonna forget about the whole damn world and run away with him?”

“I’m actually more worried that he will be the one to forget the whole world once he sees you, and that you’ll just roll with it…”

“Wow, what happened to your oversized ego and skyrocketing confidence, babe?”

“You know there’s hardly any of it left around you…” he whispered, barely audible, looking at the ground.

“Jongdae,” Minseok spoke softly, bringing the younger’s head up, “look at me. Do you really think I would give up the love of my life for a crush of my past?”

“I hope you wouldn’t…”

“Never in a million years,” he smiled and placed a kiss on the other’s lips. “Now, isn’t it time for you to leave? The sooner you’re done with your presentation the sooner I’ll see you.”

“I’ll see you in a bit, Min. Break a leg!”

Seconds later Jongdae’s smiling face disappeared behind the closed door, and Minseok only sighed, “oh how I wish!”

 

Minseok managed to avoid the hell that was his university for six years. Six beautiful years. And here he was, once again, at the gates of the campus, and along with him, all his fears and insecurities. Instead of a successful businessman that he was, he felt like a chubby, insecure kid in his early twenties, who had crossed those gates for the first time almost ten years ago.

There was a loud music coming from the inside, indicating that the party had already started, but he just couldn’t bring himself to take that one last step of stepping into the university grounds.

“Maybe I should just wait for Jongdae?” he asked himself.

“Or maybe I could just go home?”

A group of laughing people walked passed him, heading towards the main entrance.

Minseok thought about his friends, whom he hadn’t seen in years.

“Do you really want to let one er’s opinion hunt you for the rest of your life?”

He took a deep breath, and walked into the campus grounds.

 

“I don’t think he’s coming,” Kyungsoo stated, looking around the hall at all the people gathered.

“, shut up. It’s been years, why wouldn’t he come?” Baekhyun asked, sipping on his drink.

Kyungsoo looked his friend up and down, judging hard.

“Are you already drunk, ?”

“What’s up, es?!” A high-pitched yell reached them, and moments later a blond mass of hair appeared in the sea of people, “haven’t seen you in a while!”

“It was literally last Saturday, Luhan, what the ?”

“Kyungsoo, stop ruining the fun!” Beakhyun whined, taking another sip.

“There is nothing to ruin, this social event is already dead,” the other mumbled, rolling his eyes.

“I see, Kyungsoo, that you’re cheerful as always, it’s so refreshing!” Luhan joked.

“I hope you choke on your jokes one day, I really do.”

“So, what have you been chatting about?” the elder asked, ignoring Kyungsoo’s comment.

“Minseok,” Baekhyun shrugged.

“Huh? Is he here?” Luhan asked, looking around, but then he started laughing obnoxiously, “right, I would’ve noticed him if he was.”

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun both made disgusted faces, sighing in discontent.

“I swear, what the does Sehun even see in you?” Kyungsoo spat.

“Had it not been for a fact that my stupid half-brother is ing you, we wouldn’t even be talking right now,” Baekhyun said, swallowing the rest of the content of his glass.

“Oh, come on, guys! Don’t be such stuck ups! I wasn’t the only one making fun of him!” Luhan whined, still laughing.

“You were the one who started it –“

“Oh my god!” Baekhyun suddenly exclaimed, looking in the direction of the entrance to the hall, “ me, is it…?

Both Luhan and Kyungsoo snaped their heads in the same direction, and the elder’s jaw dropped.

“Well, well, well,” Kyungsoo hummed, “karma is a , as they say,” he smirked, looking at Luhan.

“Minseok!” Beakhyun yelled, waving his hands enthusiastically.

The man standing at the other side of the room locked eyes with him, and after giving him a shy smile, moved in their direction.

“Baekhyun,” he smiled again, “Kyungsoo.”

“It’s so good to see you!” Baekhyun yelled again, jumping to hug the elder, “it’s been forever!”

“Excuse him, he’s already kind of drunk,” Kyungsoo laughed, pulling his friend away.

“Hello there, cutie,” another voice joined them, which made the two youngest men only sigh.

“Luhan,” Minseok pulled a smiled, quickly running his eyes over the boy, “you haven’t changed a bit.”

“Cannot say the same about you, Min, time’s been good to you,” the blond said, his lips.

“It has, indeed,” he pulled his hand away and turned towards Kyungsoo, “how have you been?”

“So, Minseok,” Luhan chimed in again, “what have you been up to these past few years?”

“Still an attention , I see,” the elder mumbled, which made Soo and Baekhyun laugh, “not much, Luhan, just been going here and there. How about you?”

“Oh, babe, don’t tell me your business major didn’t pay off,” the blond made a sad face, running his finger down Minseok’s torso, “how am I to tell you know about my sports accomplishments? It doesn’t feel right.”

“Oh, no, you misunderstood,” Minseok smirked, feeling overwhelming amounts of confidence wash over him, “by ‘here and there’ I meant opening my own business across Asia, Europe and the U.S. But yeah, I’ve heard somewhere that you’re coaching the country’s junior soccer team. I can’t imagine, how fulfilling it must be for you. You’ve always wanted to win trophies, haven’t you?”

Baekhyun burst out laughing, watching Luhan first go pale, then green and the red.

“I don’t know about you, Baekhyun,” Kyungsoo spoke, “but I always believed in karma.”

“That’s amazing to hear, Minseok, that everything worked so well for you! I can’t imagine, however, how hard it must be for your personal life. When I was offered a coaching position in China, of the national team, I just couldn’t bear the thought of leaving the love of my life behind and giving our life together just for a dream. That is right, what you said, my job is very fullfiling, because I get to do what I love and be with who I love every day of my life,” Luhan replied, trying to pull his dignity together.

Beakhyun opened his mouth to say something, but was interrupted by a new voice.

“You mean the same love your life on which you were just now planning on cheating?” a young man with sharp features asked, joining the group, “because, why else would you have so openly flirted with my boyfriend, Luhan, I believe, right?” the man smiled, and with an amused smile on his face, Minseok wrapped his hand around the other’s waist.

“Guys, I want you to meet Jongdae. Dae, this is Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. And this is, as you’ve already guessed, Luhan,” he pointed towards everyone, and while Jongdae’s greetings with the two men were very warm, his stare contest with the blond one could have probably freeze oceans.

“Min, seriously,” Beakhyun hummed, looking Jongdae up and down, “you found yourself a nice treat!”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, sighing again, “thank God Chanyeol’s not here to hear your drunken comments.”

“Oh, stop being such a pooper, Soo! So, how did you guys meet?”

“At a gym,actually,” Minseok replied, hugging his boyfriend tighter. At that, Beakhyun rose his eyebrow, and once again looked Jongdae up and down.

“Oh, no, I just got lost,” the boy quickly realized what the other was wondering about, “I was new to the city and mistook the buildings,” he laughed, and Baekhyun joined in right away.

“Oh my, hun, you’re my type of person!”

“How stupid you gotta be, cannot you read?” Luhan commented, loud enough for Jongdae to hear.

The younger straightened his back, and with a sickening smile on his face, replied “I may have gotten that one wrong, but my reading skills are good enough to make me own that little sports club you’re coaching… the whole of a national league, and half of the sports industry in general. Not to mention foreign investments. So, I guess I’m not that stupid in the end.”

“I am so happy I left the house tonight just to experience this brilliant event. I always wished for someone to show you what a you’ve always have been. Amazing,” Kyungsoo said, whipping a fake tear off his cheek.

“I can’t believe that you’re the guy I was stressing over the past few hours,” Jongdae spoke again.

“Dae, stop it,” Minseok mumbled, but the younger ignored him.

“When in reality, you’ve got nothing on me.”

 

 

“I had so much fun tonight,” Jongdae whispered, as they were cuddling in bed that evening.

“I’m glad. Although, I still think half of the things you said were very unnecessary.”

“Shut up. He deserved it. He was openly flirting with you and hitting on you. And he’s in a relationship! I feel bad for that guy…”

“Sehun’s never been the brightest… plus, if Luhan acts like this, I don’t think Sehun’s a saint in that relationship, you know…”

“I liked your other friends, tho. Kyungsoo and Beakhyun. I wish we have stayed longer…”

“Well, we would have, had you not made Luhan wanna fight you. You broke his nose!”

“Well, excuse me, do you have anything against it?!”

“I actually really enjoyed watching it. You look so y when you get angry with other people,” Minseok chuckled, placing a kiss on the younger’s head.

“I’d fight anyone for you,” he mumbled, with a smile on his face, and snuggled closer to the elder.

“I know, babe, I know.”

“Why don’t you keep in touch with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun anymore, tho?”

“That’s a story for a different time. It’s time to sleep, babe.”

“Sleep?!” Jongdae whined, “and here I was having a little bit something else on my mind,” he smiled cheekily and disappeared underneath the sheets.

***

Just a little something.