Chapter 1

π’»π“π‘œπ“Œπ‘’π“‡ β€’ lisa manoban
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Years later]

β€œChief Jihoon, we need an acceptable ruler for this kingdom otherwise we will forever be the object of mockery. Do you not think you have taught the princess enough on what she requires to know to lead Silla?”

One of the many elders in the council, Great Elder Byungho, argued. After the humiliating deafeat and outbreak of chaos between Silla and Baekje, Silla had suffered years without a true leader. Chief Jihoon, the devoted and loyal advocate for the former King and Queen of Silla, had temporarily ruled in favour, until he felt it was the right for the princess to inherit the leadership.

Since her life is to a much endangered, her identity would remain anonymous from everyone: including the Elders, no matter how wise they are. Only he was burdened with such secrecy of her visuality and location. Her identity still lingered as a myth. Jihoon acquired knowledge of unwelcomed guests from Baekje (spies) however, he was intelligent enough to conceal the princess very well, like a snowflake fallen to a thick blanket of snow.

β€œThe princess is not yet ready to lead, Great Elders. She still acquires a lot to learn and of course, we must take into consideration her safety. She has been a victim of danger from birth and will forever be threatened until King Sanghoon identifies her. We cannot and should not risk her life.” Chief Jihoon, stated in a demanding tone. After he spoke, everyone shy away their eyes. No one dared to question such wisdom. He was the protector of the princess and only he kept the secret to her identity.

β€”β€”β€”

The sunset was not spectacular that day. The vivid ruby and tangerine streaks that so often caressed the blue brow of the sky were sleeping, hidden behind the heavy mists. There are some days when the sunlight seems to dance, to weave and frolic with tongues of fire between the blades of grass. Not on that day. Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter