Ethics

Opposites Don't Always Attract

 

A/N:Whenever I update a story, I feel unstoppable. Infallible. Unburdened. Impenetrable. And hungry.
Hungry for mooore writing. So I came over to this story, (a solo story in dire need of an update) just to see what I’ve done so far...and good lord it’s awful (What the hell is up with all this spacing). With a dictionary  to my left (it’s my left-most tab), chapter 4 to my right, and Ruki (I named my ipod after me, because I’m a boss) in my lap, hopefully I can repay my patient strawberries with an update? An actually GOOD one that I didn’t write just for the sake of updating (not like I actually do that, hehehe).
My writing style has matured a LOT now. Maybe you can spot the change?
Aaaaand SCENE.


 


“JAY! JAY! Yaaah, hurry up!”

Her voice echoed off the empty walls of the smelly hospital room. Compiling all her anger on her boyfriend was the only thing she could do to keep her small amount of sanity, even if her boyfriend was another factor of her elevating temper.

Jay was too busy texting. It had been three days since then, and every day his heart would feel heavier. It was all his fault, and the guilt was devouring him. The karma had started, his girlfriend being the queen B in this case. He’d thought the smallest thing he could do for his beloved Yuna was to stand by her at the hospital. He assisted the nurses, for his girlfriend’s tyrannical commands could drive anyone mad out of their wits. He was there at her side when the doctor sewed up her forehead and cleaned off the blood.

And now, he thought he deserved some time for himself.
“Hon, I’m coming!” a lie he said to alleviate, and hopefully keep more time for himself, or rather, for his plan: to contact Lee.

“C’mon, c’mon,” he muttered, tapping his fingers across the buttons of his salmon pink Lollipop. “Lee, answer your phone! Or at least read your messages. You’ve checked out the hospital, I know it.”
He hung his phone to his ear, waiting for the ringing to cease.
It did, but as usual, voicemail answered.
“Aiishhh.” He snapped his phone shut and gritted his teeth in frustration.
He headed out the bathroom sulking. Back to this witch, he thought.

“Aannnd what on EARTH took you so long that you couldn’t have came here faster!? I could’ve been in immense pain! I could’ve almost toppled over the bed trying to reach for my phone! What, where you sh.tting? What if I needed help during the time you took to sh.t? You can sh.t at home, damnit. I could’ve fallen out of bed, I could have!”

Jay’s eyebrows moved towards each other, and he closed his eyes shut, leashing his temper. “Babe,” he said suavely, unlocking his eyes, “you’re legs aren’t broken. Your arms aren’t broken. Your stomach isn’t broken. Your skull is. Just a tiny teensy weensy area of your skull is broken, and not even by a lot. Love, you will be fine. No, you ARE fine. We have been in here for three days waaay too many. We can leave now.”
“But I still hurt and I’m still ugly and I WON’T leave until I’m a hundred percent fixed. Got that?!”

He beamed, concealing the anger and frustration in his face. “Yes ma’am, I totally understand. But just so you know, since you are not ugly in my eyes and you are fixed for the most part, I give you no unnecessary sympathy. Sure I’ll stick with you for comfort, but you don’t run me.”

“Yes, the hell I do, Jae,” she said singsongingly, a new image revealed.
“No the hell you don’t,” Jae sung back, twirling Yuna’s scattered, unkempt hair. “As long as I’m at this hospital and as long as you’re taking advantage of me--cause boo, I got a hella lot of other things to do right now, like go to SCHOOL-- then, I sure as hell can do whatever I want to keep myself occupied without invalidating our faithfulness towards one another,” he paused to hold her white, broken-manicured hand and press it against his wet lips. “Don’t you think?”

Yuna giggled, flattered. “Jae, you disgust me.” She lowered her hand gracefully, as if the kiss left her hand with an iridescent glow. “So tell me,” she sat up, and patted an available spot on the hospital bed  next to her for him to sit, “what were you doing there?”
He sat down with a sigh, reluctantly obedient to her command. “Yuna, why?”
“Why what?”
“Why do you care what I do with my phone?”
“Oh, so you were on the phone??” She tilted her head, interested in the information she didn’t even have to squeeze out.
“What? How would you know if I was on the phone or not?”
“You just told me you were with your phone in there!”
“No, you as--” He stopped himself, realizing his carelessness. “Oh...nevermind.”
Yuna cackled in spite of her boyfriend’s unawareness. “You are just too cute!”She grabbed cheek fat in between the knuckes of her fingers and then ruffled his short hair. Without notice, she stopped. Her eyes solemly shot out incisive glares at him. She could see his adam’s apple bobbing up and then down, swallowing.
“Now,” the word slid out as suavely as the stillness before a tornado.”Put the phone in my lap.”
His eyes widened, unsure of what to do next. He contemplated that he could give her the  phone, or not, but either way he’d still be in trouble. Jay gulped again, hoping it would buy him some time.
“Well?!” Yuna was growing impatient. “Or must I take it from you?”
“Ugh, Yuna,” he scoffed under his breath, digging into his pocket, “sometimes, you can be too demanding.” He tossed his phone into the thighs of her lap avoiding eye contact by all means. His eyes roamed around the ceiling on the opposite side as he spoke. “I’m trying to reach Lee...”
The calm stillness had ended. The tornado commenced. “What the HELL, Jay? LEE? Are you insane?!”
“...to see how she’s doing,” Jay finished slickly. “GAH!”
Shortness of breath and a small tug evoked the fact that Yuna was more than angry; she grasped his collar and gave it another hefty pull. Right onto her lap his head lied.
She lowered her face to minimize the distance and continued. “How could you try and contact Lee? My enemy, of all people? Have you NO SHAME?!”
“Yuna-yah!” He exclaimed through a strained voice. “You’re choking me!” She hadn’t noticed that both her hands were still firmly clinging onto his ow rumpled collar. Her head elevated. Now that the shadows her head created were lifted, she could clearly see Jay’s face, balloon red.
Jay stood up fast enough to avoid future assaults. He massaged his neck. “I still feel awful, Yuna!” he exclaimed, short of breath. “I feel awful because this is all my fault! Miro was right. If only I hadn’t messed around with you...yes, Yuna, that’s right. I shouldn’t have cheated on Lee, so yes, I have no shame, since I’m still with you.”

“So...” Yuna looked down, fondling with her chipped, scarlet nails, “what are you trying to say?” Her eyes lifted, glistening from the light reflecting off of her watery eyes.

Jay sighed a tiresome one, and sat down beside her once more. “No, no. we’re not breaking up, boo. I love you, but I am saying that you have got to be more empathetic sometimes. It would be un-ethical of me to not apologize for wrongdoings, wouldnt it, Yu--”

Yuna felt vibrating stings down her pelvis region. Jay’s phone.

She gawked at it with eagle eyes, waiting for a name to run across the neon cover plate.

The hangeul was easily recognized.

Lee.

“Should I answer?” Jay asked.

Yuna lifted her heavy gaze into the boy’s eyes in front of her. That was her only response.

 

A:N cont. Soooo this chapter was originally about 6 pages long...I cut it in half about, and I will posting the next chapter soon (since it's already written). The more feedback I get from this one, the sooner I update the next one. Hope you like! And if you don't, the next chapter will totally make up for it