Abusive

Opposites Don't Always Attract

 

Seunghyun came in bursting through the door like a mad tornado, destroying everything in his path. His eyes were widened with anger and above, you could even see his thick eyebrows twitching with massive fury.

He repeatedly muttered to himself, “Where is she, where is she?!” in between heavy breaths and gritted teeth.

He had finally come upon the master bedroom’s entrance. He choked and strangled the innocent doorknob until the lock had weakened.

“You and I together

It just feels so ri--”

                The battle of the door and her husband outside of her room startled MaeRin; she took the earbuds out her ear by the chord, leaving the song to be playin. She gaped at the locked door to the right of her. Her breathing picked up as she panned the room from left to right, trying to find a place to hide before the door loses the fight.  

Under the bed?

The window?

The closet?

She thought anxiously and suggested  places for herself to hide but she came down to one solution to answer all of them.

 Of course not—not with this baby in me.

Sooner, rather than later, the door had slammed open with a huge impact. Picture frames came crashed to the ground. The doorknob, strangled to death, had fallen helplessly to the floor and rolled around.

MaeRin gasped at the figure standing before her.

The man with the same sickening look in his eyes,

The man with the same, “I’m gonna kill you look.”

The man that would beat her every night because she wasn’t perfect,

The man that happened to be her husband.

“Where have you BEEN!?” Seunghyun had said, his teeth still clenched. A vein was literally popping out of the side of  his face and his eyes sustained a flaming glare at her as if they were about to roll out of his skull at any moment.  

MaeRin, lost for words, had made a fearful gaze at him as she took a few paces back…

Seunghyun matched those paces quicker than expected and charged at her ferociously.

MaeRin made out a small outcry, but it was quickly muffled with a force of Seunghyun’s big powerful hand. His other hand supported the back of her neck.

“Don’t you dare scream! I’ve heard ENOUGH of your screams today. Shut the up!”

Tears welled up in MaeRin’s eyes, and soon they strolled down and onto her husband’s hand.

“Crying, are you?” he asked. “Little baby is what you are.  Now tell me, crybaby,” he continued sternly, “why didn’t you mail in my letter? It was due TODAY.”

He released his hand for a response and loosely grabbed on her neck for a replacement.

Choking back the remainder of her tears, she managed to give an answer.

“I—I---I…” she stammered, “it was closed! It was closed.It closed by 6:00 today!”

“6:00?” his grasp strengthened and she made a small grunt. “But doesn’t that mean I gave you a whole three hours to do it?”

“My stomach was hurting. The baby was giving me bad cramps and it was kicking a lot.”

Seunghyun looked at her dumbfounded. “That’s why you couldn’t send the mail. BECAUSE YOU HAD CRAMPS FOR THREE HOURS?”

His hand came down on MaeRin’s with abundant force, 1,2, 3 times, and then pushed her down to the cold ground.

“So the baby was kicking you, eh? This baby I’m not even sure is mine?! Well then let me get revenge for you!”

“NO!” Quickly, MaeRin curved her back inward and curled up into a ball, protecting her huge stomach. It didn’t stop her husband though.

His leg winded back and her legs repeatedly. MaeRin let out cries within every kick.

“NO! STOP! NAMPYEON! Nampyeon! MIAN!”

Seunghyun was beginning to get aggravated by the screams. “Damnit, I thought I told you to shut your MOUTH!”He winded up his leg again, moved it a little higher, and released the energy.

He had shot for and launched a successful kick.

Aching numbness danced on MaeRin’s  bleeding mouth. She let out a huge muffled moan as her body loosened. She held her bloody lips and thought she could feel something hard wriggling inside.

Perhaps a tooth??

Seunghyn noticed her body had straightened and so he went with his original plan of torture.

He stared at the spot as if he were a mad man, winded up, aaaaanddd…

 

 

His foot pounded her dead in the stomach.

“AAAAAAAAAAAGHHHH!”

She continued to cry and cupped her stomach as Seunghyun spoke:

“If you ever do something so stupid again, I will rip that bastard out of you with my two cold hands. e!”

He spat out a yellow loogie at her face and stormed out of the room…

leaving his wife of two years crying and bleeding on the floor.

Her white dress was painted with blood from and from below; blood was rushing from the inside out due to the heavy kick. She didn’t know what to do.

Seconds later, she had managed to drag herself over toward the other side of the room, where a table laid, and on top was a home phone. With all her might she lifted her arm up and tried to touch the phone, but it was too high up. She tried and tried and stretched her reach every time, but all she could touch was the base of the phone. It wasn’t enough.

She dropped her hand and wept at her pain, her sadness, her defeat.

And then, all of a sudden, she heard a loud CRASH from the living room, and then voices.

The voices were indistinct, but as they came closer, they were more lucid.

It was her husband and a girl.

“…This is my house—“ “And? Is that supposed to mean something? I don’t give a F.CK! You need to get yo’ SORRY a.ss out of my face! Imma call the cops on you! You think I’m afraid? Please! I will Cut…YOU! Get the hell outta my face. Where is she? WHERE IS MY BABE? WHERE IS MaeRin?!”

“Where is my babe?”

MaeRin gasped. She studied the way the girl spoke and could easily identify who was speaking when the girl had said babe.

No one ever called her that except for her sister.

“Miro”.