❝I have no confidence I can handle it Even if it's a lie❞

❝Sweet Lies❞

"Yeollie, I'm so sorry. Things...just happened and well...it's not like we were dating for real"  Sohee said as she spoke to him through the phone.

Their love was a lie. Their relationship was a lie. Chanyeol was a lie.

"It's fine Sohee, I just would have preferred to know from you and not from an Instagram post. People keep messaging me asking if you were cheating on me. "

"And what did you tell them?"

"I lied of course. I told them that we had broken up a little bit after winter break began."

"You're the best Yeollie. I promise to take you out for lunch once I get back okay? I'll introduce you to him. I'm sure that you'll get along really well. I gotta go now but I'll text you later okay? I love you!" she said before she hung up.

He sighed as he stared down at his phone's screen. The picture of Sohee and her new boyfriend stared back. 

He wasn't upset because she had gotten someone else. In fact, he was very happy for her, but their fake relationship was an arrangement that benefited him more than it benefited Sohee so of course, he suffered the biggest loss.

They had both started dating because of Chanyeol. Sohee and Chanyeol had known each other for a very long time so when girls started to become too much for Chanyeol to handle, he asked Sohee for that favor. She immediately agreed because he was her friend and because she'd be dating the most popular guy in school which was great for her image. 

They made it a point to always be seen together and Chanyeol would always do nice things for her. People were so blinded by how they looked together and by the idea of the hottest couple in school that they failed to see through the cracks of their facade. 

They kept skinship and affection to need to only. They avoided playing the same games whenever they went to parties (It had led them to kiss in public on one occasion so they took precautions), and they made sure to post and like just enough of each other's stuff to keep up appearances.

It had been two weeks since the start of winter break. Two weeks of Sohee leaving for her skiing trip. Just two weeks and things were already looking bad. 

Taking his jacket and the book he had been reading, Chanyeol headed back to the little cafe to see if he could clear his mind. As soon as he stepped out the cold air made him feel better. 

It had been two weeks since he has been to the coffee shop. He told himself that he hadn't had time to visit but in reality, he didn't have much to do besides being at home and playing games or reading. The real reason why he hadn't gone to the cafe was the new waitress. 

He felt weak when he saw her and he couldn't afford to be weak around her. Not now that he had been to hell and back just to protect himself.

"Hello, Chanyeol! Long time no see!" Mr. Kim said as soon as Chanyeol walked in. He offered the man a warm smile before nodding "I'm sorry Mr. Kim, I have been busy with school assignments and with composing new stuff. " He made sure to lowkey scan the place as he made small talk with Mr. Kim in hope of not seeing the girl from last time.

To his relief, she was nowhere to be found so he relaxed and went ahead to his usual spot to continue reading while he waited for Mr. Kim to have his order ready.

"How are you liking the book so far?" a voice said, startling Chanyeol. He held on to his chest and yelped in surprise which caused him to drop his book.

The girl laughed softly as she leaned over to pick up his book and give it back to him, an apologetic look gracing her features as she apologized. "I didn't mean to scare you I'm so sorry"

He shook his head as he tried his best to calm down before chuckling softly in embarrassment "Wow you saw such an unmanly side of me just now" he said as he rubbed the back of his nape.

"Ah no don't worry, I thought it was really cute."  She said before moving on to the tables near the couches to pick up the dirty cups and plates. 

Chanyeol couldn't help but follow her with his gaze. She was so casual about her compliment that she didn't notice how it made Chanyeol feel. 

He wanted to run away. She made him feel dangerous things. He needed to get out of there before he started to be more interested in her.

"Why do you like the book so much?"


Woooo! Guess who's back? Ahh, it feels really good to write a new chapter after such a long time. I'm sorry that it has taken me so long to update this but here it is! Please make sure to leave a comment and tell me what you think. I know that it is a bit slow paced up until now but the good stuff will start happening soon. Thank you so much for reading this and I hope you enjoy it <3

-Alex-