❝Sometimes the truth hurts more than lies❞

❝Sweet Lies❞

Chanyeol took a deep breath to calm down his nerves. He had been waiting outside Sojin's dance academy for about an hour and he could feel his stomach tied up in a knot. He paced back and forth, playing over and over the words that he would say to her.

He was deep in thought when the door to the academy opened with a bang, bringing Chanyeol back to reality. Girls started coming out, but non of them was the girl he was looking for.

He kept waiting patiently until finally, she came out with her group of friends. Her hair was tied up in a messy bun over her head. The lose strands of hair framed her beautiful face perfectly, and allowed him to focus on her smile which lit up her eyes, making them sparkle. It definitely took his breath away.
 

She seemed to be having so much fun with her friends that he hesitated to approach her, but the butterflies in his stomach were killing him so he got the courage and called out her name.

"Hey Sojin" he said slowly as he approached the group of friends that went quiet as soon as they heard him. 

Sojin could feel the heat slowly creep up to her face as her friends snickered beside her. 'So embarassing'  she thought as she slowly turned her body to face him.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?" he asked. His hands kept sweating so he made sure to hide them behind his back as he offered her an awkward smile, oblivious to the whispers that were being exchanged between Sojin's friends.

Her friends nudged her and smirked as they told her to go on and talk to him.

She didn't say anything, she just nodded once at him before following him to an alley where they could be alone.

Once they were a safe distance away from anyone who could interupt them, Chanyeol turned to look at Sojin. "Hey Sojin" he said shyly. This time, he offered the female a wide smile that managed to showcas his cute dimple.

Sojin couldn't believe that he had actually showed up, in front of all of her friends, and dared to talk to her. They had known each other since elementary school but they had never been close. Sojin then got a scholarship for an expensive school and they lost touch. 

It was until High School, that she saw him again. He too, had gotten a scholarship in the same school but she avoided him at all costs. He was the only person that knew that she wasn't rich. He was the only one who could expose her, and she couldn't risk that. Not now that she had sacrificed so much to be where she was right now.

"Hi umm..." She trailed off, pretending that she didn't know his name.

"Chanyeol" he said, disappointment clear on his voice. He knew that it had been a really long time since they had seen each other so he tried not to dwell too much on the fact that she had forgotten him.

"Oh...right, what do you need?" She said flatly.

"Look umm... h-here's the thing... you and I used to go to the same elementary school, remember? We played a lot as kids even though we didn't talk much. I don't know if you know... but I'm actually in the same school that you are in. I've seen you in the halls and I've tried to talk to you but you seem to always be busy so I've never had the chance to approach you... "he was blabbering now and he could tell that she was getting impatient so he shook his head lightly before continuing "...anyways, I was wondering if...you'd like to..hang out sometime and catch up?" He took a deep breath once he was done before he sneakily wiped the sweat off of his hands on the backpockets of his jeans.

Sojin stopped breathing. She could feel her heart drop to her stomach before it clenched into a tight knot. 

Truth be told, deep down, she wanted to accept his offer. It had been so long since he had actually been herself that it would have been nice to hang out with someone who knew sho she was. But it was too dangerous. He knew too much and she was sure that if she accepted he was going to try and be part of her life.

So instead of saying yes, she laughed.

She laughed straight to his face and said "What makes you think that I'd like to hang out with you? We've never been friends and we are never going to be. We are both from different worlds. I'm popular and rich and you are just a pathetic scholarship kid. Stay away from me and my friends and don't ever metion that we know each other. Nobody is going to believe you anyways." 

Chanyeol stared down at her with his big round eyes wide in shock. He could feel the familiar sting as he swallowed hard on the lump that had formed in his throat. 

"Well, if that's all you have to say, I'll be leaving." she her heels and walked away. 

A few seconds passed and the deafening silence was then broken by the sounds of silent sobbing.

Chanyeol leaned against the side of a bulding, using it for support as his tears flowed freely down his cheeks.

And that was the day that he promised that he'd never cry for anyone else.

 

 

Wow that was quite a long chapter. This is uneditted so I apologize for any mistakes that you might encounter. 

Anyways, I hope that you enjoy this story. Please don't be silent readers and feel free to leave me comments for suggestions or just your thoughts. 

Chanyeol is by UB so this literally pained me to write :'( but it will get better...I think haha

 

Hello everyone! Well, I know that I have like 545348 unfinished stories but this is an idea that I've had for quite some time now and well, here it is. I hope you guys enjoy it so please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

Also, I'm going to be posting this story to wattpad as well so if any of you guys have the app then feel free to follow the story there if you wish to do so <3

Here's the link:

https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/130727375-sweet-lies