010

My Ride or Die
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin and Bobby panted as they finally reached the gymnasium and pairs of eyes landed on them as they bite down on their lips. Bobby walked towards the coach and bowed as Hanbin followed behind him. " Mianhe..... We have something on earlier so we couldn't get here in time, mianhe songsaenim...... No more next time, we promise. " Bobby said softly as the muscular guy before him adjusted his cap and let out a sigh. " Promises are not meant to be broken, keep that in mind. Now join the rest. As I was saying earlier, welcome to YG High's Basketball team, I'm very thrilled to have so many juniors joining the school team for this second batch. I know some of you are worried about the first batch beating the second batch but fret not, I have seen a few second batch boys on par with the first batch. But whatever that is, let's first welcome our first batch seniors. First up will be our first batch Captain, Byun Baekhyun. " The coach said loudly as a grey haired boy smiled and stood beside the coach. " Thank you Coach. Well, like what our Coach has said, this year's second batch boys are really good so first batch boys, please take a little note and buck up. As the Captain of the first batch, I have actually requested to have a Captain for the second batch boys too. As some of you will know, our games are not played together as the same team at times. We might even play against each other. So me being the Captain of the second batch would be very weird since I'm in the first batch team. And according to the reports from the try outs yesterday, we have two names in line up for the position as Captain. First one up, Min Suga. And the last name...... Kim Hanbin. Please stand outside here, the both of you. " Baekhyun clapped and smiled towards Hanbin and another blonde haired guy as Hanbin dropped his jaws at the mention of his name while moving over to Baekhyun. Baekhyun grinned at his expression before turning back to the whole team. " It's very competitive now that we have two names..... But of course we will....... " Baekhyun's words were suddenly cut off when Suga spoke up. " I'm not good at being a Captain. Giving orders or telling people what to do. I have seen him play yesterday. The way he serves and the way he plays as a team member, I think he suits the position more. I'm willing to step down without a fight. " Suga said calmly as he gave Hanbin a small smile. Hanbin gulped at his response and stared at Baekhyun. " I..... I guess..... I guess I could take lead if given the chance..... I might not be the best but I'm always willing to try. " Hanbin said loudly as Baekhyun nod his head. " Welcome then, Captain Kim. " Baekhyun replied with a smile. 

As Baekhyun let the two teams move off to practise, he asked Hanbin to stay back as the Coach needs to speak with him. He was drinking water when he spotted Jennie walking in to the bench seats with another girl and he stared hard at them when Hanbin called out to the two girls while waving hard at them. Baekhyun looked over to Hanbin who was smiling widely and he turned back to see Jennie smiling back at him. Earlier on, she was still feisty and weak, now she's smiling? And she's friends with Hanbin? Baekhyun thought as he smiled at Jennie who was sitting down on the bench with Jisoo. 

Baekhyun made his way over to where Hanbin and the Coach was standing and he waited for the Coach to finish his speech before he turned to Hanbin. " So......... The two girls....... Your friends? " Baekhyun asked as Hanbin looked at him with a weird look before he followed to where Baekhyun was pointing before giving him a nod back. " Ah! Jisoo and Jennie? Deh, they are my friends! Are they not supposed to be here? " Hanbin asked sofly and Baekhyun chuckled. " Ani..... Audiences are always allowed at our practice, don't worry. Hmm...... I met your friend today and she don't seemed to be as friendly as now. I guess she is only fierce to strangers huh? " Baekhyun asked as Hanbin twitched his brows. " You mean Jisoo? You met her? " Hanbin asked as Baekhyun flipped the towel onto his neck. " Jisoo? I don't know her name though. The one with black long curls is who I'm talking about. Is she single? Ah, not that I'm worried about that. She's cute though and I'm waiting to see how our next meeting will be like. " Baekhyun said and grinned as he made his way out of the gym, leaving beh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter