SUIT & TIE: Vow

SUIT & TIE

 

 

KOREA_

 

Jihoon was in the verge of being arrested. Currently, he’s just being questioned inside the precinct. There were rumors and pointed evidences against him. Mingyu, on the contrary, was discovered while executing a mission as he was the one continuing Seungcheol’s job of taking down the illegal transactions. He received threats of taking his life for what he’s done. Especially those raids he did recently.

 

Both had no place to go. Fortunately, Soon Young came in. Chan, on the other hand, was getting busy keeping his boss from prison for as long as he could until someone comes and rescue.

 

It was a critical time for all of them. Gladly, Minhyuk received a message from Chan regarding their conditions when Soon Young arrived in Korea with him. They divided their tasks before they separated ways.

 

Julia was waiting for Minhyuk in the mansion. She was ready going to war despite being worried to her beloved Seungcheol and Minhyuk in the battle field in another place as well. Jeonghan asked her in Korea to look after his remaining soldiers in Korea. Their enemies were strong. They had but one goal in mind. Keep going until they reach their goal.

 

“Minhyuk!” called Julia after meeting him in Choi’s mansion. “Listen to me, Jeonghan handed you these. Those are codes. CIA knows about it. He instructed to pass that to Judge SoMi. He said she can be trusted. She’s his mother’s trusted one and is responsible to the evidences circulating around Korea.”

 

Minhyuk understood the assignment. “Jihoon and Mingyu is in trouble.”

 

“Don’t worry, son, leave it to me.” volunteered his mother, Se Jong.

 

“Please be safe.” Minhyuk hoped for his two moms. Meanwhile the two wished the same for him. Minhyuk immediately left to find Judge SoMi to deliver the documents as fast as he could and discreetly. However, if they wanted to arrest EunWoo, he should be inside the country. Now that EunWoo was not only out of the country, they should produce evidence no matter what. He talked to Mingyu, asking if he could go to Russia and bring the media to record every evidence they would gather to put EunWoo back in prison.

 

CHAMBERS IN SUPREME COURT_JUDGE SOMI

 

“Judge, I know EunWoo. We cannot announce this now. He’s out of country now and if he knew about this, he has a chance to escape and never come back here.”

 

Somi smirked. “Young man, don’t you have trust in me?”

 

Minhyuk was confused.

 

“You don’t have to worry about that. I will take care of it. I just need to put Governor Lee on a hot seat now.”

 

Minhyuk was alerted. He was scared for Jihoon and he couldn’t take but to speak what’s in his heart. “Regarding Governor Lee, he is on our side. Please don’t do this to him. He’s just a victim.”

 

Somi chuckled. “He still has crimes, Mr. Choi.”

 

“I have too.” He admitted but the Judge didn’t buy it.

 

“Son, I know what you did. I heard it from Na Young and JaeWon. You did great by the way.” proud, she stated. However, the look on Minhyuk’s face would tell how disappointed Minhyuk was so the judge said “I will let him go if I find it fit but I cannot promise you.”

 

A little hope did ray light upon Minhyuk “Judge, he’s a good man. Please.”

 

“Let us see when I meet him in person.”

 

CONGRESSMAN KIM’S RESIDENCE_

 

Soon Young came to Mingyu’s assistance after checking and calming Jihoon down. “You okay?” asked Soon Young after seeing a gun on a plain sight.

 

Mingyu appeared calm that time but to be honest, he feared for his life. Soon Young, however, assured him that he’s going to be safe. “Sorry, I couldn’t last long.” stated Mingyu.

 

“You did a great job. I need you to stay with the people you trust.”

 

“I cannot involve them with this.” replied Mingyu.

 

“Then, hold a gun for a while. I will be with you for now since Jihoon would be safer on the prison than outside.”

 

“What is happening? I thought we are winning?”

 

“This is just the start, Mingyu. We should fight harder this time. I think what Jeonghan and SeokMin hyung planned to do is to get the criminals in action since they still holds power even if we put them in prison without really showing the people how they really work.”

 

“I see. I understand. That why Minhyuk called me earlier for a favor. What should we do now? By the way, how’s Jeonghan and the others out there?”

 

“They are all ready but the other side have EunWoo. We should expect the unexpected. I believe EunWoo has power like a King. All we have to do now is to finish the battle here.”

 

“How’s SeokMin?”

 

“He’s stable. I have someone protecting him there.” Soon Young explained. “And Jihoon, how can he escape the accusations?”

 

“Minhyuk hyung is currently fixing the situation now.”

 

Mingyu was preparing his things in case they need to flee. Including in his baggage where he put the proof he gathered from the last missions he’s accomplished.

 

“If we cannot control the men in power, we can make people choose.” Mingyu suddenly uttered.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Since we already made a scene. Let’s make a bigger one.” Mingyu smirked. “I need a hand. Let’s go now.”

 

“Where?” asked Soon Young.

 

“Let’s play the hero. I’ve got better idea with what Minhyuk suggested. Jihoon might benefit a lot.” Mingyu chuckled. “Although, I am just hoping SeokMin could help us with this.” He sighed.

 

Both went out and rode their car to where they can reach people- to the community. However, on their way out, bullets came raining on the car. “!” Mingyu grunted while driving with all his might out of the scene.

.

.

.

ST. PETERSBURG, RUSSIA_

 

Everyone’s in position. The only one they’re waiting was Jeonghan to mark the mission. Going near the door to the ceremony, Jun showed up in the last minute, put his ear piece without Kai or any enemy looking at them. “Did Minghao told you what to do?”

 

“Why the change?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“It’s more convenient that way. I need you to trust Minghao this time. Anything could happen. Once you walk down that aisle, no one is stopping. Understood?”

 

Jeonghan nodded and took the chance of asking the other before everything begun “Jun… what am I really to you?” Jeonghan was obviously left confused after the kiss Jun did the last time they’ve met at Lancelot.

 

Jun regretted the action leaving Jeonghan more confused but he did not regret the feelings he had for Jeonghan since they’ve met. He apologized but he never answered the question. Instead Jun wished his safety. “I’ll keep a good eye on you.” Jun smiled. “Run as far as your feet can take you.” However, in his mind, his goodbyes and I love yous were never meant to be said aloud. It was not allowed.

 

“It sounds like you are saying goodbye.” Said Jeonghan worriedly. But of course, Jeonghan knew how to translate Jun’s words but he didn’t want to assume what the other would really have felt with him. It turned out he was also scared to know.

 

“I am not leaving. I promise.” Jun reassured and he meant it until the end.

 

Letting Jeonghan enter the hall, Seungcheol was just right by the corner of the altar, monitoring every single movement beyond that hall. When Jeonghan reached the altar with Minghao, he saw a glimpse of Seungcheol going from corner to another. Jeonghan trembled. He thought if that was Seungcheol, his presence would complicate things more. His face became pale all of a sudden but he couldn’t react at all.

 

Minghao, on the other hand, noticed. “You alright?”

 

Jeonghan couldn’t speak of it because he was worrying about how Minghao would feel. Meanwhile, Wonwoo noticed something wrong with Jeonghan. He met him eye to eye just at the opposite side. Then, Jeonghan signaled the direction where he saw Seungcheol. Wonwoo monitored just in case something wrong was going on since Jeonghan didn’t speak anything yet.

 

The ceremony already started when he saw EunWoo arriving, waiving at him with an annoying smile on his face. He sat with Kai right in front of the guests. Minghao noticed him too and felt quite annoyed on how he stole the show. Nevertheless, he knew EunWoo’s presence would give Jeonghan a destabilization. Right then, Minghao grabbed Jeonghan’s hand and mouthed “It will be okay.” He smiled sweetly.

 

Wonwoo noticed it and felt proud of Minghao for the first time after seeing how mature he acted which very unlikely of him.

 

On the contrary, while the ceremony was peaceful, the men in black team from the CIA and Interpol managed to infiltrate the whole hotel apart from their team dressed in hotel uniforms who was going under cover prior to the event. They worked together to gain access to the hotel and started eliminating their enemies one by one.

 

Seungcheol successfully managed to quietly annihilate those that would be taking the chance to stop both Jeonghan and Minghao from the exit. Seungcheol was covered with blood. He was panting badly with the nonstop fight he just had. “Cleared.” finally he announced while tending to his wounds and taking a rest.

 

Jeonghan, hearing that voice over his earpiece just confirmed Seungcheol’s presence inside the hall. His eyes wide open yet Minghao looked at him with a sweet smile. “Let’s do this together, Jeonghan.”

 

It felt intense. Jeonghan’s heartbeat pounded like he could never imagine. Hoping that Soon Young or Minhyuk or any other unexpected person would not participate in this event without any consent as well.

 

Jeonghan and Minghao exchanged vows already. They were pronounced as man and wife while the guests asked for a kiss. Minghao, instead of giving Jeonghan a kiss on his lips, he gave Jeonghan a kiss on his forehead.

 

Jeonghan was surprised Minghao did that when he had a chance to kiss him on the lips. “I will have to earn that, wouldn’t I?” he chuckled.

 

Jeonghan smiled. “I am proud of you, Minghao. Thank you.” Even if Jeonghan couldn’t give Minghao a kiss yet, Jeonghan embraced him tight and kissed him on the cheeks.

 

HALL/ WAITING ROOM_

 

Vera was preparing the reception while Minghao and Jeonghan were resting inside their room. Jun appeared and said “Congratulations.” with a gentle smile.

 

Minghao had no idea yet that Jun was involved until that very moment. Jun gave the key to a car to Minghao and said “I wish you all the best. Give us ten minutes before we’d let you go. I have to confirm that you are safe to the path you are going to take.”

 

Wonwoo came into position himself as planned “I am ready.” Wonwoo smiled. “Best wishes to the both of you. Take care of him, Minghao. You are the least person I would entrust Jeonghan hyung but if you are the only person who can give him freedom, so be it.”

 

“Wonwoo, what the hell are you saying?”

 

“I mean it. I’m proud to have seen you act this mature.”

 

“Don’t tell me you-“

 

Wonwoo chuckled. “Whatever it is, the answer is yes but I am not here to pick a fight. Good luck. I recommend you ready yourselves. Once we are out there, we cannot stop running. Vernon is waiting for us along the way. We will guard both of you.”

 

Minghao turned speechless.

 

“You think you can easily escape?” a familiar voice echoed from their earpieces. Everyone in that channel became alerted. “You really amazes me. Sure you are hell as good as I am but I should say, I haven’t used all the tricks under my sleeves yet. Never underestimate me, Jeonghan. See you in hell.” EunWoo stated. Slowly, enemies surrounded all of them, even Vera to lock them up.

 

Wonwoo and Jun got their guns ready to protect Minghao and Jeonghan. Vera was under Jun team’s care dressed as waiters and staffs.

 

“Son of a !” Seungcheol murmured as soon as he woke up from the blow he received earlier while resting.

 

“!” Vernon grunted from an alley. “Seungcheol hyung.”

.

.

.

“What do we do?” asked Wonwoo to Jun while keeping his alertness over those people who surrounded them.

 

“Kill them.” Jun started shooting with both hands. He went forward without any cover but his bullet proof vest.

 

Meanwhile Wonwoo went back and cover Jun while protecting Minghao and Jeonghan. “Hide.”

 

Minghao dragged Jeonghan to a corner where he felt they’re safe for a while. Minghao prepared guns. One for Jeonghan to hold and others for him to fire if in case they needed it. “Hold that. I assume you already know how to use it.” stated Minghao with a smile.

 

“Don’t go out there.” Jeonghan was obviously under panic attack. Minghao cupped his beautiful face and admired it while they have time and they’re alone despite the chaotic sound around them.

 

“Gosh. How lucky I am to have this chance with you.” Minghao smiled.

 

“How are you so calm?” Jeonghan asked with a trembling voice.

 

“I’ve been in this situation too many times. I couldn’t count.” admitted Minghao. That’s when people started hearing the real story behind that frustrating personality. “Everything will be fine.” he repeated.

 

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Jeonghan stated while holding Minghao’s hand. “You’ve been in the dark for so long now, I see.” Jeonghan understood the love Minghao was offering him the moment he chose him over his family.

 

“I am out here now with my light.” Minghao chuckled.

 

“Thank you.” Jeonghan embraced the other unexpectedly and whispered “You are right, let’s do this together.” Jeonghan holding the gun Minghao gave tightly.

 

Before Jeonghan could do something reckless, Minghao held Jeonghan’s hand tight and said “You are not going to fire that to any person. It’s only for emergency. I don’t want your experience with me to be horrible and something you’d regret.” He smiled.

 

Jeonghan was so overwhelmed that time and he couldn’t help but to blame himself. He didn’t know why he deserved these good people around him. On the other hand, Minghao was waiting for the signal Wonwoo would give while watching the surroundings.

 

“Ready.” Wonwoo hinted.

 

Minghao was the first to stand. Jun and Wonwoo were slowly moving backwards while on watch after finishing off quite a number of enemy. It wasn’t easy at all given the place, Jun and Wonwoo were in bad shape obviously with the blood stains all over their body from the wounds they gained.

 

“Keep looking forward, Jeonghan!” Jun commanded. Meaning, the moment they face that door, they’d go nonstop without looking backwards.

 

Minghao was the one who opened the door with his gun pointing forward in case there were intruders. Wonwoo came right in front of Minghao as soon as possible. Both were surprised with his appearance. His face couldn’t be recognized with the spill of blood from his forehead.

 

“Dude!” exclaimed Minghao. He was surprised and worried. Jeonghan felt the same.

 

“Concentrate. Don’t mind me. I am fine.” Wonwoo stated firmly despite the heavy breathes.

 

Jeonghan was worried what might Jun looked like if Wonwoo was that wounded, Jun must have catch a few bullets for them while taking the front line.

 

Further to the entrance, looked like Seungcheol really did a great job. Men were all down anywhere they look. In the middle, they met Vernon pretty hurt as well. He was with Vera. Fortunately, she had no serious injury but a few bruises and little wounds.

 

“Vernon!” Jeonghan called.

 

“Hyung. Be strong. Don’t worry about us.”

 

“Jun!” Vernon exclaimed. He was obviously surprised on his appearance. “You-“

 

Jeonghan was tempted to look but it’s better to obey Jun, otherwise, he’d just hinder anything they are planning.

 

“Forward, Vernon. We cannot waste our time. Where is Seungcheol?”

 

“I cannot find him.” that Vernon regretted to report.

 

Jeonghan was torn at the moment. “Is he going to be alright?” asked him anxiously.

 

“EunWoo is angry, hyung.” Vernon told Jeonghan honestly. “I don’t know what’s in his mind right now.”

 

“But- He loves, Seungcheol right? I’m sure he will-“

 

“Yes but Seungcheol never loved him back.” He revealed. “If EunWoo couldn’t get his heart, I don’t think there’s a reason to keep him alive.”

 

Jeonghan was biting his lips when he learned about the possibility and started blaming himself.

 

“I know that look, Jeonghan hyung. You do not dare blame yourself. Not now. Be confident like you always do no matter what happens. The war had just started. You need to survive to lead us.”

 

Shedding for a while in a dark isolated place, they were able to rest for a while. Vera did her job to treat the wounded as careful as she could. She even took out a bullet or two out of their soldiers’ bodies and Jeonghan couldn’t just look at them at the moment. He felt guilt and scared.

 

Minghao did his best to console Jeonghan despite feeling that the mission might fail anytime. So, it’s time to propose a new plan as back up. “Jeonghan, I want you to listen to me very carefully. This might be our chance.”

 

Jeonghan was all ears to what Minghao had to say.

 

“I want you to go ahead with Vernon.”

 

Jeonghan frowned. “No. I can’t leave you.”

 

“Don’t be stubborn, Jeonghan. Seungcheol is missing and who knows what EunWoo has done to him right now. I will be safe with the others.”

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

“Because, I cannot be your husband if I cannot protect you.” Minghao smiled.

 

“You are my spouse now, Minghao. You don’t have to impress me in this situation. You’ve already proven you can and will protect me.”

 

Minghao just realized how Seungcheol might have acted the last time they met. Right now, he was peeking outside from time to time and it confused Jeonghan so much. “We aren’t married yet.”

 

People got confused. “What?”

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell this to you. I don’t want you to marry me just because of some kind of deal. I realized that if we both want to be free, I wouldn’t be the reason why you are imprisoned again. I want you to choose what you really love. If I am to be married with you, I want to earn it. I can’t be with someone if his heart doesn’t belong to me.”

 

“This is- Minghao, can you please just stop and follow me. I promised you that we both come out here safe and free.”

 

“You really are different.” Minghao chuckled seeing how stubborn Jeonghan could be. “The one who officiate that ceremony is one of my trusted guards. He will come here to save you.”

 

“How the hell did you-“ Wonwoo was sure dumbfounded but he was impressed how manly Minghao displayed himself. “Minghao, this can endanger our initial plan.”

 

“When I learned about EunWoo, our initial plan isn’t going to be enough. He’s devious.” stated Minghao.

 

“You knew about him?” asked Vernon.

 

“I might once saw him planning with those cartels you wouldn’t want to be with the most. EunWoo has more connection and resources than we thought. Even with the government. He’d do anything to win. I had doubts over him too many times and I thought that somehow, he’s one of the people who controls us.”

 

“Seungcheol hyung had the same thoughts.” Vernon added.

 

“I won’t leave any of you here.”

 

“We don’t have time. I say we do this. Men are down, Jeonghan. I need you to call for back up. We cannot do this alone with the authorities. We are too weak.”

 

Jun stood up after his wounds were treated even though Vera asked him to lay while he could. “I guess I should agree. I will give you the official deal later. You have my word.”

 

Minghao agreed.

 

“Do you have people outside?” asked Jun.

 

“I have a few loyal ones.” replied Minghao.

 

“Vera, can you still have your guards listen to you instead of Kai?”

 

Vera sighed heavily as she conditioned herself. “I will try my best.”

 

“Then, let me be your guard here.” Volunteered Wonwoo.

 

“Jun, why don’t you go with Jeonghan hyung. You need to rest somehow.” Vernon recommended. “I will still have to find Seungcheol hyung.”

 

Jun nodded. The moment the guard Minghao was talking about came, it’s time for plan B. Jeonghan went to Jun. Wonwoo was left with Minghao while Vera was escorted by Vernon to gather people.

.

.

.

“Why don’t you finish me right now?” said Seungcheol tied on the floor. “This is embarrassing.”

 

“My dear, as much as I want to shut the hell you up, you are still one of my valued friend and I am giving you a chance. I know you, unlike that stupid Atty. Lee. I shouldn’t have let my guards down. Too bad he survived.” EunWoo scoffed. “He played well, I must say. That bastard really is something.” Walking around saying all his sentiments to Seungcheol “I can’t believe Jihoon would give in.”

 

“He’s back to the friend I knew long ago.”

 

“If I know he’s some kind of a pest too, I should have ordered Sakura to kill him the first time he had the chance.” recalling the first bait they set for the Chois.

 

“I should have put you behind bars long ago, EunWoo. If only I knew you’d grow into someone hideous as this.”

 

“You knew who I was. You just-“ quite annoyed when he remembered how Seungcheol casually telling him that he met someone and he couldn’t accept it. “threw everything behind. This is your fault!”

 

“You are crazy. I didn’t throw anything. You changed!”

 

Biting his lips, EunWoo couldn’t help but to get violent by firing a bullet against the wall beside Seungcheol. “You have no idea how much I liked you. I would do everything for you.”

 

Seungcheol was not surprised at all. “And you tried to seduce Mingyu and dared to use him to cover every dirt and blood on your hands.” He stated angrily. “You didn’t know what love is, EunWoo. All you know is your wealth and your power.”

 

“Shut up! I have only but small patience left, Seungcheol.”

 

“Why not kill me?”

 

“Now is not the time.” stated EunWoo as he wore his smirk back.

 

Seungcheol got scared when he witnessed how easily EunWoo can change feelings. He could easily tell his devious plan. Seungcheol couldn’t help but to worry that if EunWoo made him as a bait, any of them would come and rescue.

 

Kai went and meet EunWoo “Damn it! Jeonghan cannot be found.”

 

“Don’t worry, they cannot go far.” Holding a piece of device they could use to call the attention of those who were near to inform that they wanted to meet. “Jeonghan… if you are hearing this-“

 

On the other team, everybody could hear EunWoo’s voice loud and clear “-come and meet us. I’d let everyone go but you. Kai wants something from you and I wanted something that is mine as well. I know you didn’t expect this would end with blood, did you? You are too naïve, Jeonghan.” Eunwoo announced the meeting place while hearing Seungcheol screaming not to come.

 

Everybody knew that it was probably just a bait. They knew EunWoo was not a man of his words. He’s a snake but Jeonghan replied “I am not doing a negotiation without confirming that what you are saying is true.”

 

Jun tried to stop him but Jeonghan was so desperate he had to answer.

 

“Very well.” EunWoo smirked. “I will be giving you 2 hours to tell your men to escape. I’ll order cease fire. You can bring one person who’d carry Seungcheol out. After everything’s cleared, you, Kai and I would continue our talk on Xu’s ship. Don’t worry, it’s cleared.”

 

Hearing it, Minghao assumed that his father was already either with the authorities or dead to be silenced.

 

“5 o’clock.” said Jeonghan. “Let’s meet by the port.”

 

“You have a deal.”

 

Everyone was alerted with Jeonghan’s sudden decision.