SUIT & TIE: The Pon

SUIT & TIE

 SUIT & TIE: The Pon

 

Jun was on assignment. Monitoring each one that’s on Seungcheol’s list is kind of making his hands full as of the moment. This time, he needed a partner. That’s when Seungcheol fully coordinated his brother-in-law to Jun as an official partner.

 

They were around the pier where imports and exports were held. Full of big cargo containers, it was a perfect place to execute an ambush even in a broad daylight.

 

Waiting from the opposite sides, Jun discussed the plan still as an anonymous agent.

 

“Ready to go, Adagio?” Paged Jun.

 

“Sure do! We met again, Allegro.” smirked the young officer as if he was thrilled.

 

“This is a very dangerous mission, young man. Don’t let your guard down.”

 

“Roger that.”

 

Jun smirked “Take care. Call me when you need me. I’ll be right behind you.”

 

 “You are?” asked the officer innocently, searching for the mysterious agent within the reach of his eye.

 

Sensing that the young man was obviously curious about him, trying to find his location, Jun said with a smile. “Will be if you need me. Concentrate, my dear Adagio.”

 

“Right. Right.” Soon Young giggled to himself. “Then, I should keep going.”

 

“Roger that.” Stated Jun by the shadows on his all black suit, hunting for his target.

 

At that moment, Jun was right inside a warehouse which he supposed the negotiation would take place. Hiding himself in his all black apparel packed with weapons all over his body.

In a while, a car arrived. Inside the warehouse, the negotiation was currently on the table. Jun took the opportunity to sneak into the target’s car, former Senator Lee’s acquaintance, to implant an important piece of evidence that would lead straight to their main target- The Lee.

Kind of a dirty job but that’s how they could pull everything out.

Meanwhile, Soon Young was busy busting the other operation with the Chinese. He was the captain and every move he dictates would get his team into trouble. Soon Young made sure that he’d be careful in the attack.

 

“Put down your weapons!” The young officer shouted with his team closing the surrounding. However, it was the mafia. Moreover, they were not there with a simple business but drugs. Fear of the busting wasn’t the type of plan to scare them.  So they’d answer “You s! Eat this!” shooting countlessly towards the police with a smirk on their face as if they were enjoying them.

 

Nevertheless, the operation was successful but many were wounded and some were dead. Thank goodness there’s none in Soon Young’s peers. Meanwhile, being a part of the Xu’s mafia, Wonwoo went there to be Minghao’s representative instead. He got shot. Hit by his sides as he drove off the scene as soon as he could. Blood kept flowing out of his body and he needed an immediate help.

.

.

.

 

In contrast from the harbor, it was quiet inside the Choi Shipping office.  Seungcheol was seen alone in his office staring blankly at the wall. In his head were chaotic information that he needed to sort out.

First thing was Wonwoo’s relationship with Jeonghan and the other was Atty. Lee SeokMin’s motive for sending a person to spy on his wife.

 

Jeonghan knew that his husband was having a long day. Confused and frustrated. Jeonghan couldn’t offer much but to ask his partner out for a date to breathe some fresh air for a change. Carefully, Jeonghan pushed the door open “Hey, handsome! Wanna eat out?”

Noticing that Seungcheol wasn’t following even if he recognized that call, Jeonghan became worried that he was just making Seungcheol slower and weaker. His looks can be intimidating but his eyes could tell he’s about at his limits.

 

Jeonghan called the two awkward body guards, who were suspiciously quiet that time, to tell them he’s taking Seungcheol to eat alone. And with that, they should go eat to whatever restaurant they want. Also, remembering that they might have fought because of the incident which Seungkwan wouldn’t have allowed in the first place. Jeonghan knew it would be really an awkward time. Nevertheless, Seungcheol needed him now. “I’ll attend to you two later. Please don’t fight about the incident. It’s my fault, alright?” giving them the cards to use for their food “You two should try to get along, okay. Let me just talk to Seungcheol.”

 

“We’re fine.” Stated Vernon nonchalantly. While the other was looking flushed just by remembering what happened last night.

 

Jeonghan seemed not to follow but he guessed their awkwardness didn’t come from scolding. There’s something else. Anyway, he would find out soon. “By the way, Seungkwan-ah, did you tell my ‘brother’?” pertained to the agent ‘TAILOR’ as the ‘brother’ in the sentence. *Tailor was a codename for the agent Minhyuk called which Jeonghan haven’t met in person yet.

 

Knowing what his boss was talking, he nodded. “Yes, Hyung.”

 

“What did he say?”

 

“He said, he’s working on it.”

 

“Very well.”

 

“But hyung, I’m curious.” Stated Seungkwan with bravery.

 

It caught Jeonghan’s attention. “Yes, honey? About me, is it?”

 

Seungkwan was cornered. Since nothing was holding him back anymore, the younger nodded. “About you and Minhyuk ssi. Did the boss know?”

 

Vernon became alerted hearing Minhyuk’s name over his boss and Seungkwan’s conversation. It was a surprise that there’s a bit of connection between his former boss and Jeonghan somehow because he had no idea about the relationship they might have. Not until now.

 

Jeonghan smiled “Yup. I already told him.”

Noticing the frown from Vernon’s pretty face, probably out of curiosity and shock Jeonghan said “Yes, Vernon. I will tell it to you later. But don’t get me wrong. We are just friends.”

 

“You knew Minhyuk hyung?”

 

“Yes. He was the one who proposed Seungcheol to me.” The other details followed.

 

Vernon was confused and was utterly surprised. “Are you serious, hyung?” Vernon just then thought that Jeonghan’s life might be in danger as well. Which somehow make sense that Lee Jihoon’s cousin ordered someone to tail Jeonghan for surveillance.

 

“Seungkwan?” asked Vernon confirming the unspoken facts.

 

“I have the same connection. Although, different jobs. Our house near the beach is Minhyuk hyung’s favorite hangout place. He used to rent it. Sorry, I didn’t mean to keep quiet about it.”

 

“Let’s discuss this later, alright? I have to talk to Seungcheol first.” Interrupted Jeonghan as he looked at Vernon “Hey, can I ask you a favor?”

 

“Anything.”

 

“Lend me your hand, my darling Prince.”

 

Vernon was surprised on the word Jeonghan referred to him as an endearment. It was the first time his favorite boss had called him that. He never remember Seungcheol calling him his codename ‘Prince’ every time someone was present. And most certainly not in front of Jeonghan. That codename is only being used during an assignment.

 

“A-anything for you.” Vernon stuttered with his puzzled expression.

 

“You two should not follow us. Not anywhere near. Give me the keys so I can drive. Seungcheol is sick right now, so I think I should do the driving.”

 

“He’s sick?” asked Seungkwan worriedly.

However the other shouted in panic “You will drive?” the most violent reaction Vernon had ever thrown towards Jeonghan.

 

“Calm down, boy.” Jeonghan tapped Vernon’s cheeks nonchalantly with a smirk from his confidence.

 

“Hyung! You didn’t even know how to start the car correctly. And your license?”

 

Looks like he’s busted. “Fine. He will drive. So, away folks.”

 

Jeonghan, going back to calling his husband for lunch, was called by some visitors by the hall.

 

“Dear Jeonghan. You look beautiful as ever!” One greeted.

When Jeonghan looked at them, he recognized Seungcheol’s uncles. Choi Seung Ri and Choi Seung Gi. They were SeungWon’s younger brothers. The one Seungcheol resented the most since they were the reason why their lives became miserable with the illegal connections they have.

Jeonghan greeted politely with a smile.

“What are you doing here?” Seungcheol was definitely on his feet beside his partner to protect. “If that’s no important, we will talk later.”

 

“Oh dear nephew, don’t worry, we are just visiting to watch over you.” Cleaning up his suit and fixing his suit. “We are proud of you.”

 

 “What do you want?” Seungcheol’s stares didn’t go away. “I have an important meeting that cannot be re-scheduled.”

 

“This won’t take long.”

 

Looking at the clock, Seungcheol sternly said “Speak. You’ve got 3 minutes.”

 

“We’ve made a deal with your mother.”

 

Hearing a context clues in that statement, Seungcheol flinched his brows as many questions had yet appeared in his mind again.

 

“What I mean is, Miss Julia Kaverin, your real mom.” Which only a few people know. Not because Seungcheol was ashamed that he was actually an illegitimate child since he was conceived outside the marriage but because he rather consider Se Jong as his real mom.

 

Julia came from one of the wealthiest and powerful families in Russia. She’s no ordinary woman. She’s free spirited and having a son won’t just stop her from doing what she wants. After she gave birth to Iov, who’s now being called by the name Seungcheol, she gave the baby to SeungWon and SeJong who was with his half big brother Minhyuk and left. She believed that Seungcheol would rather have a normal life with them than living with her. But she made sure her dear child would know about her by sending expensive gifts; and if she had time, she would bring him and Minhyuk to amusement parks and other interesting places to play.

 

 “Why did you call her?” Seungcheol said with a very insulted tone since he knew that any transactions with her would bring another trouble to his family. Again, a Russian lady that came from a very notable family would ever be extraordinaire in everything she does. Besides, every time Seung Ri and Seung Gi hold a negotiation, it will be for sure a troublesome one. Well, they were the reason why their family got involved with drugs in the first place.

 

“Because we need another expansion, dear Cheol. You see, it’s beneficial for us. And I am sure she’d like to see her precious little Iov. Did your beautiful wife know?” Seung Gi threatened.

 

“You didn’t invite her in your wedding.” Added Seung Ri.

 

“Hyung did. She preferred not to.” With annoyance in his voice. Not to get him wrong. He loved his biological mother. It’s just that she’s too young to raise someone like him. And that he was grateful that he was raised and loved by his step mom, Se Jong. “Is that all?”

 

“Yes, dear Cheol. By the way, she sends her regards. I believe she will visit soon.”

 

“Will talk to her.” Grunted Seungcheol.

 

“Sure! We’ll talk once she got here.” Added Seung Ri. “See you!”

 

“Jeonghan, Ms. Kaverin is looking forward to see you.” Smirked Seung Gi as both of them left the office.

 

After his uncles left, Jeonghan held Seungcheol’s hand. “You alright?”

 

“Yeah. Don’t mind them. I will talk to you about what they’ve said during lunch. Sorry, I didn’t tell you.”

 

“I’m sure you have reasons.” Jeonghan smiled at the worried and obviously in a bad mood Seungcheol.

 

Seungcheol breathed deeply. Vernon checked on him after the encounter because he knew that his boss hated those bastards who sold their family just for greed. Good thing to see that Seungcheol was rather ignoring them. Now he’s got his t-shirt and change while Jeonghan went ahead to the elevator to wait.

 

“We’re going to Jeonghan’s favorite restaurant for lunch. If you want to eat, eat on another table.” President Choi clearly commanded to Vernon.

 

“We’re not coming.”

 

“Who says?” asked Seungcheol with frown.

 

“Jeonghan hyung. And boss, we should go ahead, that’s Vice President’s order.”

 

“He’s on command now, huh?” shrugging his shoulder as he wore his casual coat. “Anything yet with that Seungkwan?”

 

“Well, he’s still weak but, I think he’ll get the hang of it soon.”

 

“Should we trust him?”

 

“I’d say, not as much yet. Anything can shake him.”

 

“I see.”

.

.

.

Inside the elevator_ Only the President and the Vice President of Choi Shipping was left.

 

The beauty came very close to Seungcheol and cupped his face. “Job well done, President Choi. It’s been a long day for you and you deserve this.” A tender kiss he drew on the other’s lips.

 

Seungcheol smirked. Loving the affection Jeonghan was showing, he pulled the other even closer. Wrapped his hands perfectly on his wife’s waist while the other started to cuddle as well.

 

“How are you, my king?”

 

“Fine.” Dipped his face onto Jeonghan’s neck to rest with a sweet scent only he had the privilege to smell.

 

“I want to take you somewhere you haven’t eaten yet. I will drive.”

 

Seungcheol was alerted about Jeonghan’s announcement and it ruined their little sweet cuddle inside an intimate place. “You will?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Are you sure?” with a little doubt on his mind but seeing the car keys being played on Jeonghan’s delicate fingers, he didn’t think his wife was fooling around.

 

“I’ve got my driver’s license recently. I didn’t tell Vernon. He’ll scold me for sure.”

 

“Are you sure?” repeated the older.

 

“Try me.”

 

“Dear God, Jeonghan.” Seungcheol became problematic. “Please don’t get us into an accident.”

 

“I will try my best.”

 

“Jesus!”

 

Jeonghan smiled as he grabbed Seungcheol’s hand like he’s persuading the other to put all his trust to him.

 

Seungcheol couldn’t do anything but to sigh. He should prepare himself for worst.

 

Looking at his wife holding the wheel happy and confident, Seungcheol was feeling more nervous than those shoot outs from what he had encountered the last time. He held tight to the car, make sure they both have their seatbelts on and checked if they have a first aid kit. Just in case.

 

Seungcheol was yet riding another dangerous fight of his life. His hands were clasp tightly on the bars by the door. He was intensely sweating like he’s never been before thinking that either they would die in an extreme accident or somebody would. Jeonghan was definitely not for driving. He’s reckless and fast, acting like the king of the road.

 

“Ya!” Seungcheol shouted at Jeonghan the first time in their married life.

 

“What?” Jeonghan asked with completely eyes on his husband.

 

“Look at the road!” Seungcheol scolded.

 

“Don’t shout, you know? I’m going to get distracted.”

 

Seeing a vendor passing by, Seungcheol closed his eyes as if he knew that that poor man was going to die that day. But no… it was probably his time to die that day. A sudden and strong break was felt and it could almost break both of their necks. Heads bumped slightly to the front, almost a simulation of a near death experience.

 

“You okay, honey?” Jeonghan asked as if it’s a little thing.

For goodness sake, Seungcheol’s head hurts. So was Jeonghan’s. Hemorrhage could be a problem with that impact.

 

“Jeonghan!” shouted Seungcheol. “Did the man die?” looking at the surrounding with his head hurting “Or did we?” confused of the situation because of the white he’s seeing around them due to the impact.

 

Jeonghan giggled “He’s alright.” Said confidently. “I won’t hit him. I am a good driver."

 

“Give me the keys, Jeonghan.”

 

“Why? It’s my first time driving a whole route.”

 

“The keys!” Seungcheol demanded before anything else and muttered “I need to talk to Soon Young regarding this.”

 

Jeonghan pouted and gave his husband the keys. They’ve successfully exchanged seats and changed roles. “Where do you want to go?”

 

“You scared-y cat.”

 

“You almost hit the old man, Jeonghan!”

 

“Geez! Calm down.”

 

The two hit the road again under Jeonghan’s supervision and in a few while, they’ve arrived at a very unlikely restaurant they’ve never been before. The appearance of the restaurant was way worse than the Eat-All-You-Can restaurant.

Seungcheol gulped believing that it was really the last day of his life as he examined the ‘restaurant’ referred by Jeonghan. It was kind of old outside. The bricks and the paints had terribly worn out. It looked like burnt from how the ashes formed into the bricks. The gates were elegant just like of an ancient Chinese gate, although very old and just waiting for it to be consumed by bugs. Moreover, there were dents by the window covered by pieces of wood. Basically, it looked abandoned and eerie for Seungcheol.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan was observing on his hunsband’s reaction because he knew it would be so much entertaining to watch a lovely face with disgusted expression.

 

“Let’s go inside to order!” said Jeonghan happily.

 

“Here?”

 

“Yes. It’s the only restaurant here.”

 

“I won’t eat there.” Stated Suengcheol immediately.

 

“You won’t regret this, Cheol. You did it with ahjumma (Eat-All-You-Can), why not here?”

 

“This is-“ criticizing the whole place. “This is different. Does it look like functioning to you?”

 

“I just ate here last last week.”

 

“Are you sick?”

 

“Ya! The owner of this restaurant is my friend. This has been running for years. And when I say years, I say from ancient one. Look at the gates.” Proudly showing a very unique heritage in front of them.

 

“I can see that.” Said with sarcastic tone.

 

Meanwhile, they’ve seen people, old and kids, entering the place. Cars were slowly parked outside since it’s lunch. “Cheol! It’s getting busy soon. Let’s go in.”

 

“I won’t.”

 

“C’mon! You know you are acting like a kid right now.”

 

“I’m not. It’s for safety. Why do you always make me go to these places?” the older complained.

 

“Because you are my husband, Cheol. Who else do you want me to bring here? Jun?” he threatened. He sure knew how to get Seungcheol hyped on something. “Oh! What a good idea!” He smiled “I’d love to bring Jun here.”

 

“You!”

 

“What? I will follow your lead.”

 

“Tsk! You brought me all the way here.” Feeling terribly insulted and disappointed.

 

“That’s why we need to eat here.” Forced Jeonghan.

 

The poor man had definitely no winning for this one. Again, he was forced to try something challenging. Boy! His life with Jeonghan was a whole new adventure.

 

Jeonghan dragged him in. Then, Seungcheol knew from the smell, that it was an old house. He hated it. He preferred the eat-all-you-can restaurant than this.

 

Feeling the disgust all over his partner’s skin to spine, Jeonghan called his attention. “Hey. You are being so disrespectful. Fix your face.”

 

Meanwhile, someone greeted them and said “Will take you your favorites now.”

 

“Thanks. This is Seungcheol, my husband. Make us happy and full, my friend.”

 

“Leave it to me.”

 

After eating their food with a single bite, he felt nostalgia in an instant. Disregarding the set up and the old scent of the place, the food was definitely giving him a homey vibe. The flavors were really good and satisfying making them want to have more. Seungcheol actually ate more than Jeonghan given the disgust lying in his head about the place. He learned that being too judgmental would not help you discover the world at its best!

 

“I thought, you don’t like it here?” asked the beauty with his monotonous mockery.

 

Seungcheol pretended his cough and said “It’s quite different.”

 

“I told you.” Looking at the whole shop “You know this shop was about to get renovated, so don’t worry about the place. It just caught fire by the neighbor recently. Can we eat here often?”

 

Seungcheol smile. “Alright then.”

 

“Do you trust me now?”

 

Seungcheol pretended that he was thinking over it. Jeonghan was offended as visible to his frown. And that’s when Seungcheol chuckled, showing his beautiful smile. “You don’t know how much I trust you, do you?”

 

Jeonghan was surprised. Nevertheless, he liked his Seungcheol right now. “I will cook whatever you want later.”

 

Seungcheol smiled and nodded. “Let’s buy pork later. Let’s grill.”

 

“Samgyupsal!” said Jeonghan excitedly. “Sure!”

.

.

.

Jun, on the other hand, was currently and secretly on the move. As a CIA agent, he was careful releasing the information he knows. Jun knew this task wouldn’t be easy, so he set up a thread of busting operations through his team abroad that would link one to another. Currently, they were taking down one in Asia and one in South America. Although it’s just a small time busting, it would make a big difference in the business and would cause turmoil among them. That’s when the drug lords would do their move by finding the traitor among them. Since the list was long and was impossible for Jun to handle even in his lifetime, why not let them eliminate their partners by making them suspect one another for the mishandling, even worse, betraying.

 

While Jun was monitoring the operations being held internationally, he was in Incheon port that night. He was with a large gun, positioned in a high place as he locked in a target. One click and the target’s head was blown instantly without even having fought for his life.

 

The target was the Mayor Baek of Incheon. He had multiple cases in the higher court regarding illegal drugs already but he hasn’t been charged guilty with any of it. People knew about it. Everybody’s talking about him regarding his on hand illegal transactions and connections but the one protecting him was too powerful that’s why nobody dare touch him. Now might not be his lucky day when Jun smirked after making sure that the man won’t survive at any rate.

 

“Done.” He whispered to himself. Jun cleared the area as soon as possible and walked away thinking of one last job to do that night. His next target would be the negotiator between Seungcheol and the Chinese.

 

Before the night ended, Jun went on a bar. He ordered a drink and observed the people around waiting for some instructions. Once the drink arrive, a small paper was clipped underneath the glass. There’s a note saying “Tinker will meet you tomorrow in your boutique. 3pm sharp. After that, we meet.  -Tailor”

 

After getting the message, he finished a glass of martini and left to do that last job for the night.

.

.

.

The next day, a man came to visit first thing in the morning. It was Moon Lancelot, his father that surprised him. “You didn’t tell me you’d come?”

 

“I’m not here to check on you, son. I came for the shop.” Removing his coat to rest on the couch. “Moreover, I have some important client who wished to see me.” Sighed the old Moon. “God, she should’ve considered my age before insisting.” He scoffed.

 

“Who are you expecting?”

 

“Julia Kaverin. Your sister Olivia will be here as well..”

 

“I see.”

 

“By the way, how is your mission going?”

 

“Didn’t know this will take longer than expected.”

 

“I see. Have you find Gavril Ivanov’s son yet?”

 

“Close, I guess.” Stated Jun.

 

Lancelot breathed heavily. “I’m sorry for dragging you all the way to this.” Stressed based on how he looked. “Our revenge is very dangerous.”

 

“I wished to participate on this. It’s not your fault.”

 

Looking at a desperate orphan wishing justice for his family “We’ll get through this, but first, stay alive. How’s the case going? How is your team here?”

 

“Still hidden. Still looking for one person. He’s very confidential. Nobody knew him.”

 

“Who?”

 

“The Tinker.” Answered Jun.

 

“Why are you looking so worried? I’m sure he’s well trained. He’s a soldier.”

 

“I don’t know, dad. All I know is he’s with the Chinese. One mistake whether he’s trained or not, he’s definitely going to get killed.”

 

“That’d be a hell of a situation. You better be careful, son. If he could just be in the Ivanovs, I can protect him.” Lancelot sighed.

 

“I will find him.”

.

.

.

The news of the sudden busting and assassinations of big names, not only in the world of politics but also underground, alerted Seungcheol. It gave him a fright knowing that people inside the cartel would give names and bring people down with them. Only one person is enough to make the call. If that person would tell everything, it’s finished. Moreover, if they would know that he was the one who called for help, his whole family would be put in danger.

 

Seungcheol was uneasy, stomping his legs countless of time. He couldn’t think of anything else but the fear of him getting caught. If that happens, his whole plan would be over.

 

“Seungcheol, is everything alright?” asked Jeonghan from seeing Seungcheol distracted.

 

Seungcheol was startled but, as usual, his face didn’t seem so. “Yeah. I probably just need rest.”

 

Jeonghan turned serious. He knew that his husband was lying to him. “I know you cannot sleep tight nowadays, Seungcheol. What’s the matter?”

 

“I don’t know.” Admitted sincerely.

 

“You can’t be like a child, now.”

 

“I don’t know if I made the right decision.” Seungcheol clarified.

 

“You looked confuse. Just tell me.”

 

“I don’t advice it.”

 

Jeonghan came near him. “I know you don’t trust me with your business. And to be honest, I can feel something bad about you keeping things for me.”

 

“This isn’t your problem. Let me handle this.”

 

“Let’s see if we can sit on this.” Jeonghan went closer to Seungcheol and take a good look at his husband. “Seungcheol, I know you are way older than me. But I am here… with you.”

 

Having Jeonghan was his biggest escape and he considered his partner as a great blessing. Especially when times like this comes. He can be himself. He could just stay quiet and still Jeonghan stays. What a lucky man he was, he thought. That moment, since Seungcheol was feeling the burden, he allowed himself to be comforted. He reached desperately into Jeonghan’s arms, so tight and longing. For the first time, Seungcheol let down his shield and surrender to Jeonghan without saying any word.

 

“I know you are scared to whatever you are thinking right now.”Looking at Seungcheol who was buried on him, listening.

 

Jeonghan embraced and was thinking that he should probably tell Seungcheol the things he knew before Seungcheol makes his move. He embraced the other tight and started talking.

 

“Minhyuk saw me. I was just about to apply for some menial job in the ship, but he gave me a good job. I find it hard at first, but eventually, because your brother was so kind I got comfortable.” Looking at Seungcheol, checking his reaction after he mentioned his brother and continued. “He always tell stories about you. I thought you were just the same age as Soon Young, but when he told me how old you are, I was surprised, to be honest. Minhyuk really exaggerated his words most of the time!”

 

Finally, Seungcheol felt a little peace somehow and agreed to what Jeonghan said. “Yeah. Just like how you describe Soon Young. He’s a grown up and reliable man. Stop describing someone like a doting parent.” Seungcheol interrupted as he pulled himself out to listen more to Jeonghan’s story.

 

“It couldn’t be helped. And besides, I can see why he’s describing you like that.” Said teasingly.

 

“That’s not true.” Seungcheol denied extremely and coldly.

 

“He loved you like a baby, Cheol. I was so disappointed when I see you all cold and not fluffy but bulky.”

 

“You expect me to be fluffy?” the other scoffed.

 

“Like Soon Young, actually.”

 

“Are you the reason why he always bring something for me after he’s gone home from a trip?”

 

“I might… be guilty about that. You see, Soon Young was still a little boy that time. I buy him chocolates and toys. And… Hey! Why blame me for that?”

 

Seungcheol sighed.

 

“Ready to hear the reason why we really got close?”

 

Seungcheol was quite thinking very bold stuffs when he looked at Jeonghan. On the other hand, Jeonghan could sense the things that might be going in Seungcheol’s mind. “If you are thinking of something unbelievable, Cheol, I am warning you.”

 

“What? Tell me honestly, have you had any relationship?” scrutinizing Jeonghan’s relationship with his brother.

 

“Well, he confessed to me.”

 

 “What?”

 

“Relax, Cheol. We are never a couple. We are just friends. You are still and only my number one.” He chuckled.

 

“Are you sure about that? But why did you refuse? He’s probably much better for you than I am.”

 

“Why are you like that, Cheol? I tried so hard to make your mood back bu-“ Jeonghan didn’t even finish his sentence when Seungcheol finally open up.

 

“Listen, Jeonghan. I don’t know how you would react to this, but- I-“ almost in pain with his expression. “I think, I am the reason why my brother could be possibly dead.”

 

Jeonghan was dumbfounded.

 

“Since I think you knew from the start of this relationship why and how our families got into this business, I will tell you my guilt.”

 

Jeonghan couldn’t react to it. He was completely speechless learning how Minhyuk and Seungcheol were risking their lives for freedom. Who would not?

 

“We are paying for our debts. We are really trying, especially hyung. I was so angry that time but I have no courage to fight like how dad and hyung did. I ran to the police. I am so stupid not to think that every law enforcements could have at least one leech amongst them.” Pausing for a while because it pained him to remember. “I listened to them and gave the information they need and believed on what they promised.”  

 

“To whom did you give the letter?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“I normally hand it to the post man with different addresses given to me each time he sends a letter back.”

 

“I see. What a brave move you got there at your age.”

 

“Ya! I’m old enough and I should be brave. I saw my mother cry each time just because of the problems my father’s family had brought to their reputation.”

 

“Thank goodness I heard that from you.” The beauty smiled learning that Seungcheol is still that person Minhyuk used to tell him. “Did you know who are you trying to-“ thinking of the possible person to contact, he remembered the person who rescued him aggressively with a gun the last time with Wonwoo. He was so scary and he looked foreign, as well. He had not thought about it for quite a while now, and he thought that that person must be the one he contacted. “… wait. Is he from the CIA?”

 

“Yes, he is.”

 

Jeonghan was trying to unravel things based on the information he’s got. He became worried that things may tangle that may cause unbearable mistakes because of the misunderstanding. If they were contacting different agents then, they both should talk about everything they know before acting. “Cheol, if that agent was different to your brother’s, I think we need to let them know. Otherwise, we’ll just repeat our mistake from before.”

 

“Your agent’s name? I mean code name?”

 

“It’s Tailor.”

 

“! I have the Soldier.” Exclaimed Seungcheol hoping that Jun had somehow observed the matter and fix it as soon as possible.

 

Seungcheol and Jeonghan agreed that they should tell one another all they know. Seungcheol then find out that his wife could help. It’s just that he’s worried about him. He couldn’t lose someone important to him again.  He won’t allow it no matter what.

 

Nevertheless, he had no choice but to reveal things because it’s only one way or another. He won’t make the same mistake as before. He needed to be mature now. And now that he has a partner, it’s better do it together than make the other a sacrifice.

 

Seungcheol told him things. The alliance between the Choi, Lee, Cha, Xu, Ivanovs, and mostly western business men who were in the same cartel group. It just surprised Jeonghan that EunWoo’s family was involved. However, Seungcheol didn’t further said any particular things that would connect him and EunWoo emotionally which Jeonghan found a little bit off. They were close but somehow, Seungcheol was telling they’re not.

 

Meanwhile, Vernon was on his mission but Seungcheol wasn’t sure yet if he would tell everything to his other half, nevertheless, they couldn’t stop Vernon’s operation right now.

.

.

.

Dawn came. Seungcheol was expecting some report.

He was with Vernon riding his car separate from his wife. Jeonghan and Seungkwan was headed to the main office while his partner was headed at the port.

 

“Done setting up.” Jun called from his telecom used by CIA.

 

“Got it.” Answered Vernon who had that piece of gadget as well.

 

“Prepare for bloodshed. This is not going to be pretty, Prince.” Advised the tailor.

 

“No problem with that.” Answered Vernon checking his guns if they were all set.

 

Vernon relayed the message to his boss saying  “It’s ready.”

 

“Turn on the radio.” Commanded Seungcheol to hear what Jun had set up for people to hear in the news. Let the chaos be, they’d think about the consequences later.