SUIT & TIE: Last Chance

SUIT & TIE

 

 

As loud as the fire crackers were supposed to sound in New Year, Vernon and Wonwoo already made their statement to the enemy. They even used the front door.

 

Hearing the shots,  EunWoo was kept hidden by his guards as soon as possible. “You idiots! Make this madness stop!” EunWoo ordered. Soon Young was kept as well. He was weak, he couldn’t even shout to where he was. The only thing in his mind at the moment was to keep himself safe while the fight was going on. He had no idea who they were with until Vernon shouted “Soon Young! Keep your head down. We are coming. Your big brother wants you home!”

 

“Bring it on.” Wonwoo muttered as if he hungered for it.

 

It wasn’t easy, to be honest. They already had injuries just after a few minutes and men wouldn’t stop coming. “They are so persistent!” Wonwoo stated as he looked towards Vernon.

 

“How many weapons you got there.”

 

Wonwoo smirked as he displayed his cabinet of ammunition and guns hanging on his hips and legs, moreover in every corner of his body just like a fully equipped walking cabinet. There was even explosives.

 

Vernon chuckled. “You’ve got a whole closet on your body. That’s going to be enough.”

 

“I know how they fight. We really need these. How do you think I survived everyday being an undercover?”

 

“The weight must be killing you.”

 

“That’s why I need to toss some to you and to them.” throwing an explosive towards the enemies while passing the other supplies to Vernon. “Go find Soon Young. Let me handle this.”

 

Vernon nodded as he went forward while Wonwoo was backing him up. “Make it fast.”

 

Soon Young took all his energy and shouted “Here!” after that, EunWoo plastered tape on his mouth.

 

“Shut up!”

 

“Kill me.” Soon Young glared.

 

“Boss. They are com-“ the man’s statement halted after being shot on his chest.

 

“You cannot hide anymore, EunWoo.”

 

“! Don’t come near me!” Getting a gun as he pointed it on Soon Young.

 

“You don’t dare.” Vernon threatened.

 

EunWoo trembled. On the other hand, his faithful men grabbed him as fast as he could. “Boss, we need to go. They are dangerous.”

 

“Kill Soon Young, right now!”

 

As soon as he received the order, he passed EunWoo safely to his men. When he went back, Vernon got lots of wounds because he used his body to shield the poor Soon Young. It was a complicated space for Vernon to freely move. Besides, the one he’s facing was also great in skills.

 

Wonwoo came. He also had enough wounds to match Vernon’s but as soon as he saw Soon Young, he removed the things that restrained Soon Young.

 

“Can you stand?” asked Wonwoo.

 

Soon Young smirked. “I can still fight. Hand me a gun.”

 

“Soon Young, don’t dare fight!” Vernon ordered.

 

“I won’t be your liability.”

 

“If you die here, we can’t face hyung anymore.”

 

“Are you saying, I’m weak? Tsk! That’s a little disappointing.” Soon Young grunted.

 

On the contrary, Wonwoo handed Soon Young his weapons. “I trust you, officer.”

 

Soon Young received his guns, took a deep breath and stretched his arms to aim for his targets. Wonwoo smirked. “Good aim.” Proud of how Soon Young still managed to pull the trigger accurately given his condition.

 

There’s just one but big problem. Since they were inside, they were obviously giving their enemies chance to corner them.

 

“Vernon, I know you are a great soldier but in this of situation you cannot escape, my dear.” EunWoo challenged him as he left his men, a plentiful, to finish the job. “Go get them. I don’t care if they die."

 

The three were left at the center. They were surrounded by big men with big guns. “Looks like we are swarmed.” Soon Young stated while observing the people around them.

 

“You two move forward, I will stop them.” Wonwoo volunteered.

 

“Are you nuts?” Vernon dictated “I am not going home without any of you.”

 

Wonwoo sighed.

 

“We come home altogether or not come home at all.” Soon Young hyped. “Let’s do this!”

 

The three of them prepared themselves to whatever’s going to happen when they were distracted by a loud sound from the outside. “What the hell was that?” the enemies grunted. Meanwhile, the three did not have any idea what was going on. With the ruckus, the enemies dispersed suspecting the three were having back up.

 

“Ooooh- this makes it easier.” Soon Young became glad when he saw an opportunity. “Now!” he signaled.

 

Vernon, Wonwoo and Soon Young formed with their backs against each other as they move forward with guns on their hands. While taking all their enemies without any protection or something to hide, two men in black came to rescue.

 

“Idiots!” one man grunted as if he was reprimanding the three “You are too loud and reckless!”

 

Vernon was surprised seeing Seungcheol back in action knowing that he stopped long ago in being a soldier. Seungcheol was in special force but he quit because of his father’s wishes to help Minhyuk with the business. “Hyung!” he exclaimed.

 

“You better do the hell what you are supposed to do, Vernon. Go ahead. Let us finish this. We’ll talk later. There are men waiting for you outside. Go now!”

 

Vernon nodded as he grabbed the two with him going out to the front door.

 

“Who is the other one?” asked Wonwoo.

 

“Pops!” shouted Soon Young.

 

“Go ahead, cub. I promise I’ll see you later.” JaeWon smiled.

 

The rescue was kind of successful when the three got into a vehicle safely. From there, they went ahead while a few men in black also went in to fight.

 

“We need to bring you to the hospital now.” stated the man beside the driver. “Good job, everyone.” stated Minhyuk.

 

“You are here, hyung?” Vernon exclaimed sounded like frustrated.

 

“Why not? I have the right. Please don’t tell Jeonghan about this. He doesn’t know anything.”

 

They went straight to the hospital to attend to their wounds. After that, Minhyuk instructed Vernon and Wonwoo to go straight ahead because Kai might know about everything now and he might do something dangerous to Jeonghan because Minhyuk was sure that EunWoo already called him about the news.

.

.

.

IVANOV MANSION_

 

Jeonghan was on the phone with Minghao in fear they’d be the next target once he knew about their plan to rescue Soon Young. “Minghao, I think Kai might burst out.”

 

“What do you mean? Are you in danger?” asked Minghao.

 

“I think me and Vera might be.”

 

“What would you like me to do?”

 

“For now, keep talking to me. I don’t know how he’d react.”

 

“What happened?”

 

“They’ve got Soon Young. Kai made him a hostage for me to fold and give everything to him but I asked Vernon to rescue him no matter what. I’m sure whatever they planned would be delayed.”

 

“Who is with Vernon? It’s not easy to infiltrate Kai and EunWoo’s base, if you know how monstrous they are.” Minghao warned.

 

“I trusted them. Wonwoo came with him.”

 

“Goodness, Jeonghan! I know that they are both good but not for many people. Let’s just hope they’d come out there in one piece.”

 

“Minghao, you are not helping! Please, I called you to calm myself.” Jeonghan pouted.

 

Minghao realizing that he had actually gained a friend whom he could rely and tease on, Minghao’s heart was pleased. “Alright. I will get there in a minute.”

 

The moment Minghao came, Kai was obviously displeased. “You okay?” Minghao asked as if he was innocent to the possible reason but Kai replied it was nothing. However, the expression he’s displaying was totally mad. He could literally burst.

 

“What are you here for? Your wedding is not until tomorrow.”

 

“I am here to comfort Jeonghan about Gavril, what else? I couldn’t move the wedding because of the contract. There’s no time for him and all of you to mourn for Gavril. I am here as a friend. Why are you so pissed?”

 

Kai was extremely pissed this time “A friend? I never thought you’d act like a real friend.” Kai insulted.

 

“Lucky for you I am not here for you but for my future spouse.” replied him with all pissed expression as well.

 

JEONGHAN’S ROOM_

 

Minghao saw Vera with him. Moreover, with a gun on the cabinet. “What’s going on?”

 

Jeonghan and Vera told him everything including the will of their father which they had no idea if he already knew.

 

“This is bad, huh? Any news about the rescue?”

 

“They haven’t called yet.” answered Jeonghan.

 

“You should’ve informed me so I could help.”

 

“We should do it quietly. I hope Kai would be able to keep his cool until tomorrow but I am more worried about you, Vera.”

 

“You don’t have to.” Smiled her.

 

When Vernon and Wonwoo came, Kai was glaring at the two of them. “You piece of !” he grunted.

 

“Its done.” boasted Vernon.

 

Kai got his collar and dragged him to the wall “You will pay for this.”

 

“Let’s see.” Vernon replied.

.

.

.

MINGHAO’S HOTEL_

 

Returning to his home in Russia, he saw a man waiting for him by the aisle. “What the hell do you want from me?”

 

“I have no place to go.” revealing his face, Minghao got surprised.

 

“Seungcheol? What the hell are you thinking?”

 

“Look, I will not let them know you allowed me in. Just for the night.”

 

“You plan to ruin my marriage.” Minghao suspected.

 

“I meant what I said on the phone. I am here to arrest Kai and your father in exchange for the love of my life.” Bargained Seungcheol.

 

“You don’t know what you are saying. You are insane! How the hell am I supposed to give my own father to you?”

 

“Because we can be free after this. I need to finish the mess my father let us in. Enough of this madness.”

 

Minghao scoffed and let Seungcheol in. “How would I know you won’t kill me?”

 

“If you don’t show tomorrow, all my plans would never happen.”

 

“You know it’s dangerous if you face them alone.”

 

“I am not alone. I asked for help.”

 

“International, is it?”

 

Minghao just realized that it was Seungcheol who was probably working on their miserable raids. “So, it’s you. I thought you don’t want Jeonghan to get involved.”

 

“It was late when I knew he was also working with the authorities.” Seungcheol pretended he just learned recently.

 

“So, you are truly the innocent among all of us here.” Minghao teased.

 

It somehow went through Seungcheol’s gut and did not reply.

 

Minghao shrugged and murmured. “Guess, I hit something in there.” Looking at Seungcheol “I’ve got something too. So, go on with your plan. I assume you don’t plan to kill me after the wedding.”

 

“No. I am actually here to ask you to escape. Somebody will lead you out. I need you to escape right after the ceremony ended. And please don’t tell Jeonghan anything.”

 

Learning how intense it could be, Minghao said “Why does it have to be on my most special days?”

 

“I don’t know, Minghao but this is probably your mission in life.” Seungcheol teased.

 

“You sure you’re okay with it?”

 

“No. I don’t even know what will happen. I only want to fulfill what I promised Jeonghan no matter what it takes. Even if I am not the one beside him to see it.”

 

“I didn’t know you are this sentimental.”

 

Seungcheol smiled “Jeonghan is my first and he is going to be my last love. Take good care of my treasure, Minghao. Good night. It’s gonna be a long day tomorrow.”

.

.

.

DAY OF THE WEDDING_

 

Minghao didn’t see Seungcheol leave. He was early. He left a note with the route they should take to escape. It also indicated that he prepared a ship for them to board going to Finland with new documents waiting for them to start all over again. Minghao sat and thought “That jerk is really serious.”

 

PREPARATION VENUE_AFTERNOON_ ST. PETERSBURG HOTEL

 

Since they had lots of trouble celebrating on ships, they chose a venue in the land with heavy security instead.

 

Minghao and Jeonghan were prepped in different rooms and in different floors. The only way they could communicate easily was through the phone line.

 

“Jeonghan, it’s me, Minghao. Are you okay?”

 

“Why would you ask me that? Of course, I am. You?”

 

“Good. I just want you to know that they are here.” Minghao reported.

 

Jeonghan smiled “Are you nervous?”

 

“Not really. I am thinking.”

 

“About what?”

 

“Changing some plans.”

 

Jeonghan was alerted. “Minghao this-“

 

“Don’t worry, I won’t ruin anything. It’s just-“ getting uneasy because he wasn’t really sure why he’s doing this decision. “We need to talk in person. I cannot tell you here.”

 

Meanwhile, Vernon met with Seungcheol as requested. They were by the hotel’s kitchen where they bring fresh food from the market.

 

“Hyung.” Called Vernon cautiously because he wasn’t so sure how Seungcheol would react if they meet again.

 

Seungcheol was calm. “Hey, buddy! I’m sorry I was wrong.”

 

“I am at fault too.”

 

“Let’s not reminisce now, Vernon. I have a very important message for you.” He gave the same route he gave for Minghao and Jeonghan to escape. “Assist them out safely.”

 

“You? Don’t tell me you are going to fight?” Vernon became dumbfounded.

 

“I should’ve done this long time ago. Besides, this is how it’s going to end anyway.” Seungcheol looking at Vernon’s eyes. “Listen to me, Vernon, you are like a brother to me and I know you are not working for me anymore but I am asking you this as your hyung.”

 

“You ca-“ Vernon became speechless given the armory Seungcheol was wearing as of the moment.

 

“After the ceremony, I already told Minghao he should get Jeonghan out immediately. I gave him the information and things they might both need. Once you meet by the exit, help them escape to the port.”

 

“Hyung, you will die in this.”

 

“I’ve already decided.”

 

“But- Jeonghan hyung left because he feared people might risk their lives because of him.”

 

Seungcheol smiled. “You really loved him more than you love me.”

 

“I didn’t say that.” Vernon argued while he’s feeling anxious. “You cannot do this, hyung. We are prepared.”

 

“So am I. Tell him not to worry about Soon Young, I made him go home. Besides, Jihoon and Mingyu needs him. And don’t tell Jeonghan about me being here.”

 

Vernon understood that it was Seungcheol’s will. “Take care, hyung. I’ll see you.”

 

Seungcheol nodded as he got ready for the possible encounter.

 

On the other hand, Jun and his siblings Abbot and Olivia were inside a room full of suits and dresses. They were on their last meeting before anything else starts. Jun was busy making sure that there’d be no any other disturbance on their plan. Assembling his suit with loads of guns inside it, Abbot looked at his serious face. “Let me help.” stated Abbot strapping the metal holder for Jun’s guns. “Jun, this might be the end.” he smiled.

 

Jun returned a radiant smile and said “We’ve come this far, Abbot. Finally.”

 

“Great work.” Abbot praised.

 

Meanwhile, finishing his outfit was Olivia’s duty. She made sure she put everything right. “You ready?”

 

Jun nodded.

 

“You look so stunning, Jun. Minghao might make a scene.” Olivia teased.

 

Jun chuckled “With his suit? I don’t think so. You know he likes to be the center of attraction.”

 

Olivia became worried while saying “Jun, you will always be a family to me. You are our little brother...”

 

“Why are you both worried? I will be fine.” Jun smiled.

 

“But-“ Olivia hesitated a bit “You might die in there. I should’ve took this mission with you.”

 

“Olivia, we’ve talked about this. Your children needs you.” Jun kissed his sister’s hand cupping his face. “You and Abbot will always be in my heart and I am very grateful to have you as my siblings. That’s what I want you to remember but this mission, I dedicated my whole life to bring justice to the people who deserves it.” He smiled. “Am I still welcome in your house when I get home?”

 

Olivia cried knowing that this impossible job requires miracle for her little brother to survive. But then, she needed to answer the younger’s question with hope so she nodded and replied “Of course, your niece and nephew are waiting to play with you.”

 

Jun smiled and kissed Olivia’s forehead. “Give your kids kiss for me.”

 

Once done with his duties, Abbot was now gave the signal that his beloved communication antenna was ready. Meanwhile, as soon as Abbot heard someone knocking, he opened the door after making sure it was the youngest Choi. “Mr. Choi.”

 

“Are you ready?” asked him all geared up as well.

 

Jun came to see his new partner “Everything’s ready.” giving an earpiece to Seungcheol “Be careful. Report anything to me.”

 

Seungcheol nodded.

.

.

.

“We are ready.” stated Wonwoo through the earpiece. He was with Jeonghan.

 

Vernon was with Vera. “Everything’s clear.”

 

“Jeonghan-ah, we’ll be right behind you, son. We can do this together.” stated JaeWon.

 

“I’m going in.” Signaled Minghao as he was waiting by the door of the hall.