SUIT & TIE: What Tears Can Ask

SUIT & TIE

 

 

Seungkwan delivered Jeonghan to his destination obediently. “You are really reliable, Seungkwan.” thanked Jeonghan.

 

That time, he met Minghao at once. Minghao greeted his favorite person vigorously. While Jeonghan flashed a beautiful yet painful smile towards the other.

 

“Sorry, I have to meet you like this.” stared Jeonghan.

 

“Something happened?”

 

“I ran to DK for advice and he said I can trust you.”

 

Minghao knew that whatever it is, DK and his plan worked somehow. “He said that?” still wondering what DK knows in order to get him Jeonghan exactly as he wanted.

 

“I- I need to tell you something about me.” Jeonghan, one by one told Minghao every fact in his past. Although Minghao was not surprised at all because he already had a clue, he comforted Jeonghan nevertheless.

 

“I am here for you. Now, tell me what can I do for you?”

 

“I am leaving.”

 

Minghao became thrilled when he heard Jeonghan’s decision and asked “How about Seungcheol?”

 

“Seungcheol and I are over. Minghao, there’s something you should know about our marriage. We married because I want something from them and they want something from me. I think, Seungcheol can never forgive me… I betrayed him.”

 

“What makes you think of that? I’m sure he’ll do his best to get you back. He’d kill for what is his, my darling.”

 

“I-“ Jeonghan stuttered “I was never important to him like how you thought I was but-“

 

“Your idea doesn’t add up.” Minghao stated seriously. “If you meant his relationship with Eunwoo, I must say it was quite an affair but he loves you, Jeonghan.”

 

Jeonghan was completely caught off guard. He was speechless for a moment and yet he replied “But it doesn’t change the fact that I am leaving.”

 

Minghao was convinced that Jeonghan was determined. “Then, let’s talk about your plan.”

 

“You probably know that I am betrothed to you.”

 

Minghao nodded. “I thought you knew it also when you turn to me.”

 

Jeonghan agreed. “Sorry to bother but you are the only person I can run too.”

 

“That’s fine.”

 

“I know you are a good man so I-“

 

“I must say, you might not know me well yet, Jeonghan.” Minghao interrupted being truthful to himself. “I am probably the person you hate the most.” the weight of Minghao’s words came to Jeonghan’s attention. Jeonghan believed that Minghao was serious with opening up to him.

 

“Why would you say that? I’ve seen and talk to you many times. You are sweet and thoughtful, Minghao. How dare you decide what I hate or not?” Jeonghan stated with a teasing smile. “I understand you and I know you understand me too.”

 

“Jeonghan I-“

 

“Minghao. I want to take down my father and Kai.” Jeonghan stated with all seriousness. Minghao was dumbfounded.

 

“That’s a very big plan you have there, sweetheart. It is not that easy even for someone like me.”

 

Jeonghan took out a notebook with Ivanov’s secret plans and negotiation in it. It was a precious information, even for Minghao. It also indicated that Gavril’s desire to use Xu’s power for his goals. Jeonghan showed it to Minghao in good faith and suddenly “This is-“ Minghao stated in fury.

 

“They will kill us after they’d get what he wants. Minghao, please… I really need your help.”

 

Minghao was having trouble with the information he got. Moreover, he was surprised about Jeonghan’s statement regarding taking down his own father and brother. “Where is this all coming from, Jeonghan?”

 

“I want to be free, Minghao. I’ve lost people that are important to me because of who I am and I won’t let it happen ever again.”

 

“I am telling you, this won’t be easy.”

 

“I am prepared to do anything for people that I love.”

 

“And if we have this deal, what do you want from me?” Their conversation was getting serious.

 

“If we do this together, I would like to listen to you first.”

 

“You probably might know the nature of our business, Jeonghan. I assume you’ve got information that would put us behind bars in an instant. You won’t deal with someone like me without any other back up plans.”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “You are very clever, Minghao. I guess it’s time to tell you what I do. Can you trust me?”

 

“Well, I will return the question to you.” stated Minghao.

 

“I am true to my words, Minghao and I will give you what you want with this deal as promised.”

 

“What if I want you?” asked Minghao with a stern voice.

 

“You can have me. That’s easy. We are going to that direction anyway. What can I offer to you more is what you should ask, dear friend.” replied Jeonghan wittily.

 

You will leave Seungcheol and your family if I want to.”

 

“Its in their advantage.” Jeonghan smiled. “What I can offer you is your freedom but I cannot promise your father’s. He’s quite like my dad, I must say.”

 

“Is there something I should know?” since Minghao sensed Jeonghan was not just an ordinary person.

 

“I am the reason why EunWoo is behind bars right now.” Jeonghan started. “He could get away easily but he cannot escape for long. I plan to keep him in prison for as long as justice needed him to pay.”

 

Minghao was alerted. “Who are the real you, Jeonghan? Eunwoo is the person I won’t pick a fight with.” he admitted.

 

“That’s what everybody thought of. That’s when I got the idea that he might play a big role. But let me tell you a story… before I married Seungcheol, I work as an informant with the CIA.” said Jeonghan to cover up for Seungcheol. “The old Choi and I had the deal. Seungcheol had nothing to do with it.”

 

“Seungcheol was sure you didn’t know.” Minghao recalled from the way Seungcheol wanted to keep their meetings from Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan smirked. “Then, I must say we are equal now. You don’t know me well yet, Minghao.”

 

“You worked for the government?” asked Minghao with caution.

 

“No. I work for myself. I had one but selfish goal and that is to protect me and my family. In addition to that, I had to find my lost brother. I never intended to get involved in a bigger scale but guess there’s nowhere to run to.”

 

Minghao became quiet before he asked “How would you propose my immunity, let’s say.”

 

“Immunity is not enough in this trade, Minghao. Let me give you a much better plan.” Jeonghan assured. “First, put your share of wealth under my name during the talk regarding our prenup before the wedding. I can get it back to you without any conflict in no time. If you want, I can sign a contract right now. Second, I will make you appear an asset rather than a criminal. Third, your freedom because I believe that everybody needs a second chance.”

 

“Sounds good but I don’t think it would go as planned.”

 

“You might be right but they have to kill me first.”

 

“You are serious, aren’t you?” Minghao looked Jeonghan in the eye.

 

“I will do anything to set us free, Minghao, even if I kill my own father and brother with my own hands.” Jeonghan showing tears out of anger and determination, Minghao was a bit rattled.

 

Minghao held Jeonghan’s hands tightly “I won’t let your hands get dirty, but I am warning you, this is going to be bloody… so, may I know what you want in return?”

 

“I just want the safety of my family and friends.”

 

“How many friends are we talking about?”

 

“Seungcheol and his family, Jun, Atty. Lee, Governor Lee, Congressman Kim, Chan, Vernon, Seungkwan, including Vera and Wonwoo. I am sure you already knew my father and Soon Young, Minghao. But of course, last but not the least… you. Don’t you dare fall on this battle, Minghao.”

 

“Quite big names.” Minghao smirked.

 

“I know.”

 

Minghao was having doubts but he said “If we made this happen, will you stay with me?”

 

Jeonghan was quite surprised with the question and said “I will if you want to. We can get along.” Jeonghan smiled tenderly as he threw a question that might surprise the other “So… you really like me that much?”

 

Minghao was obviously startled. “I-Of course, I do!”

 

Jeonghan seeing Minghao blush he teased “You are really adorable, Minghao. Thank you. I appreciate it. I didn’t know you could still be shy around people.”

 

“I am not.” Minghao obviously denied.

 

“I will look forward on our marriage if what I see now is true.” Jeonghan giggled.

 

“You silly! You really see on people what others cannot. I wonder where it all comes from… Don’t tell me you do this to Seungcheol too?” wondered the other.

 

“I enjoyed it! How do you think I survive that marriage if there’s nothing fun in it?” said Jeonghan confidently which Minghao thought would be a great pressure if they got married. “Are you on board?”

 

“If either of those plans would kill my whole clan, then I’d rather risk doing this.”

 

“Is it settled?”

 

“Be prepared.”

 

“Keep the plan for yourself first. We wouldn’t know who to trust yet. I’ll call you.”

.

.

.

INSIDE THE RESTAURANT_WONWOO & VERA

 

Wonwoo and Vera were waiting for Jeonghan’s return inside a humble restaurant near the port. It was Wonwoo’s recommendation. They were both enjoying the food with a little freedom with only the two of them eating.

 

“It’s been a while since I eat in peace with a real person.” Vera stated with a genuine smile on her face.

 

“You must have a very uncomfortable life.”

 

“I cannot deny that even with the money we have.”

 

“Why didn’t you leave?”

 

“Useless. They will find me wherever I go. I am worth marrying to another thug, Wonwoo. I am just a product for their business. Take for example Nikita. He should be living his life after he’s gone years ago but look at him right now, he’s fighting for his life.”

 

Wonwoo agreed.

 

“Say, why do you hunt us? Is it personal?”

 

“Yes. I lost my family because of your father.”

 

“He’s killed many, Wonwoo. Not to mention the other devil… Kai. You better be careful with them.”

 

“I will. Vera… you knew I am not your real brother, am I right?”

 

Vera smiled. “At first, I really believed it.”

 

“And you are not mad when you discovered?”

 

“You might be my only hope, Wonwoo, so don’t dare die on me. Let’s plan together. I will help you arrest my dad and brother. Wouldn’t you want to kill them instead? It’s faster.”

 

“You are serious with that? I will remind you that you are at stake here as well.”

 

“Nikita and I are serious. I don’t want to live like this forever. I want to be normal and I will fight for it.”

 

“We have protocols. Besides, we need to know more from them.”

 

“But of course! Nikita has thought this well, hasn’t he? He grew smart.”

 

“I am grateful. If it wasn’t for him, I am long dead.”

 

Vera chuckled. “You know, you are kind of cute! I like you.”

 

Looking like a coincidence, Soon Young and DK came together inside the same restaurant Vera and Wonwoo were in.

 

“Pleasure to meet you here. What’s the occasion? I hope we can seat beside you?” DK kissing the lady’s hand so tender.

 

Vera greeted DK and Soon Young with a very sweet smile. “It’s nice to see you again.”

 

Despite what looked like a friendly meeting, Vera told DK and Soon Young of the real time events. DK and Soon Young were both alerted. However, Wonwoo reassured that he could protect Jeonghan. On the other hand, Vera convinced them they had the time. Gavril couldn’t afford any mistakes approaching his beloved treasures so it could guarantee them time to move until before the wedding.

 

“I will call the Moons. I trust them.”

 

Meanwhile, Soon Young who was quite having conflict inside him had a little trust issues after he’s been investigating the case and that included Jun. He thought Jun was playing quite strong from one player to another. “I don’t think we can trust them.” he suggested.

 

“You shouldn’t, Soon Young.” Advised Wonwoo.

 

“What do you mean?” asked DK in surprise.

 

Wonwoo smiled. “He’s a strategist, Attorney. The sacrifices he’s made is sure for victory. He’s the captain of our team. When I say team, a few selected masters.”

 

“So, you knew about ‘The Tailor’ (Joshua)?” DK got curious of how elite the team was.

 

“Not really. I was sent later. I don’t know anything about any members and so I am to them. That was my and my other colleagues’ purpose to lessen the suspicion. The only thing we know, if we survived, is to contact the ‘Soldier’”

 

“So, did the ‘Soldier’ knows about you?” asked Soon Young.

 

Wonwoo smiled. “This is a complicated matter but the answer is no. Although, there were messages sent to him coming from his team. I have a reference, though.” he explained.

 

“I see. Let’s not talk about it now. I can’t understand anyway.” Soon Young commented. “Can we trust you?”

 

“My orders are coming from the ‘Soldier’ so I also recommend not to.” answered Wonwoo calmly.

 

“Who do we trust, then?” DK became confused.

 

“To the one playing right now. To the ‘Queen’” referring to Nikita Ivanov.

.

.

.

“The game has changed.” Coming out from Seungcheol’s mouth as he went and see Jacob Holmes (Yoon JaeaWon).

 

“Sure it is.” JaeWon agreed. “Listen, Seungcheol. Your actions will complicate things. I recommend you not to move unless told to.”

 

“I’ve been told that many times. What’s the deal?” asked Seungcheol beginning to feel impatient.

 

“Do not ever come to Jun again.”

 

“Why so? He can save Jeonghan and I’ll bet on him.”

 

“Well, son, that tailor has switched his loyalty. Don’t expect him to follow the first deal you had. It was already invalid.”

 

Seungcheol became frustrated “What? This is bull!” as pissed as he could.

 

“That face will make you lose, Seungcheol.” interrupted DK from his meeting with Vera. “I am telling you not to move. EunWoo is still watching. He still has the power.” DK handling down the documents that proves his crimes and other plans. It was horrible learning that Eunwoo was capable of doing such crimes.

 

“Jeonghanie hyung took him to prison.” Soon Young, now, passing the evidence to Seungcheol showing what Jeonghan did and how he conspired with Mingyu on giving him up. Jeonghan sure did took lots of pending bullets on his chest on his work. Not to mention Mingyu was earning himself rounds as well.

 

“He is putting himself in great danger.” Seungcheol murmured worriedly. He stayed calm at that time and thought of things to himself as well.

.

.

.

MIDNIGHT_  WAREHOUSE NEAR INCHEON PORT

 

“They’re here.” sounded Vernon at the radio with Minhyuk to deliver a message to Jun. However, one person came unexpectedly.

 

“Seungcheol.” called Minhyuk in surprise.

 

“You aren’t supposed to be here!” scolded Minhyuk in a low tone.

 

“This is also my fight, hyung. How dare him not tell me this is coming.” Seungcheol murmured in frustration. Later on, they’ve witnessed Jeonghan with Seungkwan arriving near the port and met with his biological family. They stayed hidden for a while to observe.

 

Meanwhile, Kai’s smirk was insulting Jeonghan. “That face of yours really is annoying.” stated Jeonghan.

 

“Welcome back, Nikita!” Kai teased.

 

“Bastard.” murmured Jeonghan as he continued to walk.

 

“Jeonghan!” Called Seungcheol recklessly.

 

Jeonghan was quite surprised but he said “It’s all over now.”

 

“No. I will, for once, take you back.” he declared.

 

Kai signaled Seungkwan to do his job. Seungkwan did point a gun on Seungcheol and said with a smirk “I’m afraid this indicates who really takes the lead between you two. For all you know, you wouldn’t survive this long if it isn’t for your beloved wife, Seungcheol hyung. I really admired Jeonghan hyung for that and that’s the only truth I felt while serving you.”

 

“Seungkwan. You son of a !”

 

“I deserve that. I played damn well and I am proud of it.”

 

“So, you just gonna leave me this way?” he shouted with sarcasm and disappointment painted all over his face.

 

Kai pointed a gun towards Seungcheol when he got surprised with Jeonghan had to say “It is what it is, so back off!”

 

Seungcheol was not surprised. “You are acting like that again.” he scoffed as if it was a routine. “You don’t have to act brave. I can take you back, just tell me. I promised to protect you, Jeonghan and I-“

 

“Well, I am telling you, you cannot.”

 

“Jeonghan. How many times do I have to tell you, that I ca-“

 

Jeonghan faced him completely, walk close to him to tell him “Then, explain to me, Seungcheol why I am on this side and you are there?” Jeonghan made sure he was tough when he does this statement.

 

Gavril and Kai, even people in there were caught to the intensity of Jeonghan’s statement. On the other hand, Seungcheol had a look on his face that somehow, Jeonghan’s words slapped him hard. “Jeonghan. Please. You don’t want to do this.”

 

“Be a man and accept it. Let us part in peace.” Jeonghan was now turning his back to go towards the Ivanovs.

 

“I can’t!” stated Seungcheol. “You knew that I can do whatever I have to do but you don’t trust me at all.”

 

“You are damn right!” Jeonghan losing his patience in frustration. “I don’t trust you anymore.”

 

“Stop protecting me, Jeonghan.”

 

“I am not protecting you. I am protecting myself, so if you’d excuse me. I don’t want to see your face ever again.”

 

“This is enough. You heard him. I will give you the chance to back off, Mr. Choi. If you still want to fight, do it on the other day when you are ready.” Seungkwan interrupted.

 

“Not so fast.” Vernon pointing a gun towards Seungkwan.

 

Seungkwan smirked.

 

Despite the tension, Jeonghan managed to walk towards the ship and join the Ivanovs. “Let’s go.” stated Jeonghan.

 

“You alright?” asked Wonwoo. Instead of replying, Jeonghan reached his trembling hand as an answer. “Let’s get into the car.”

 

Seungkwan together with some mobs were left defending the Ivanovs while on their way to the ship that would carry them back to Russia.

 

“What can I say, this won’t be exciting if it did not reached to this point, huh?” Seungkwan confidently announced.

 

“You will regret this.” Vernon stated.

 

Seungkwan smirked and said “Bring it on.” Once he announced it, rain of bullets had come. Jeonghan was the most petrified of what he was hearing.

 

“Let me finish this. Go and get Jeonghan hyung.” looking at the cars moving past them.

 

“You better hurry!” Minhyuk instructed after getting them a really nice car to chase the Ivanovs.

 

“Hyung! You cannot be a part of this. Where the hell did you-“

 

“Just buckle up. There’s no point of revealing where I get this car from.” explained Minghyuk.

 

Gunshots were heard all over the place. Kai had put plenty of soldiers just to silence few people. Seungcheol could be troublesome. Let alone Vernon. Better yet made sure they would be finish in no time.

 

It’s just that the other side didn’t know that there’s more in that team. Jun came with all his gears attached on his body with another agent. “Let us finish this quick.” commanded Jun.

 

When Seungkwan had a chance to escape using a good motorcycle to follow the Ivanovs to the ship, Vernon didn’t let him get away fast. He chased him with what vehicle he could find

 

“Vernon!” shouted Jun “Don’t let him leave this country alive. He’s seen me here. My cover is already busted.”

 

“I know that.”

 

While guns were being fired and all heat up, Minhyuk was driving so fast, Seungcheol became worried. “I swear you shouldn’t be here, hyung.”

 

“I won’t die this time, Seungcheol.”

 

“You couldn’t even walk for a long time.”

 

“Well, it’s good we are driving.” he chuckled. “You go get him, Seungcheol.”

 

“You still love him, do you?” asked Seungcheol out of curiosity.

 

“Sure does. But I already accepted he’s not meant to me. He is better with you. I am also glad you finally opened up to him.”

 

“That Jeonghan… he always does things on his own.”

 

“You are both stubborn so why don’t you focus and stop being pissed.” breaking from a sharp point, it did hit them hard.

 

“You better not join me out there, hyung.”

 

“Yup. I better not but give me a gun because they might come after me at some point.”

 

Seungcheol handed him one and said “Be careful.”

 

Minhyuk smiled and said “Go and get Jeonghan back!”

.

.

.

.

.

.

PRECINCT_

 

“Mr. Cha, you have a visitor.” said the policeman.

 

Appearing to whom appears to be a lawyer, EunWoo become delighted.

 

“Atty. Lee.”

 

“How are you? Sorry I am late.” said DK.

 

“It’s a pleasure to-“ he became disappointed when he saw Mingyu coming right next to SeokMin. “You son of a .” he murmured.

 

With his arm banned with cast, he said “I will make sure you won’t get out here, EunWoo.” Mingyu looked him in the eye sharply.

 

“You cannot do that because I am not guilty of anything.”

 

“Say all you want but I will dig on all your dirt.” Mingyu threatened.

 

“Did Jeonghan did this to you?” with anger on EunWoo’s tone. “He played you with your little affair.”

 

DK was kind of startled with that statement, nevertheless, he kept it inside for the meantime.

 

“Do not blame it to Jeonghan, EunWoo. It is your fault you are in this position in the first place. You used me to cover all your dirt! How dare you!”

 

“Enough!” DK shouted. “I am sorry, Eunwoo but-“ presenting what he’s holding “I did not come here to waste time. I am here to settle your divorce.” Now, handling him a pen. “Be glad that I am the one handling this for the both of you.”

 

“You!” Eunwoo venting out all his anger to SeokMin.

 

“Unfortunately, he is another client, EunWoo and this is another business, just to be clear.” DK referred to Mingyu.

.

.

.

After the divorce paper signed, DK had a little yet again bonding with an old friend “Mingyu… Eunwoo mentioned…”

 

“What? The affair?” Mingyu looking quite relieved towards DK “It was just a kiss.”

 

DK was dumbfounded. “So there was an affair?”

 

“Nope. We had to play it right there.”

 

“It was Jeonghan’s idea, isn’t it?” DK sighed.

 

“It turned out well.” Mingyu smirked. “He’s good.” recalling landing to paradise for a few moment.

 

“He is still my little brother… you know that right?” Suspecting that Mingyu might be referring to the kiss.

 

“I didn’t not until now.” Mingyu teased. “You cared for him all along.”

 

“Of course I did! We spent years together when we were younger and he’s damn so sweet, I love him so much! Not to mention he and Tristan were cute back there. Now, it’s only Tristan who’s cute. Nikita turned out really scary somehow.” DK ranted.

 

“You missed them.”

 

DK smiled. “It’s time to get back to the game. We are not done here yet and EunWoo will not stop.”

 

“I know.”