Golden Hands (Yoohyeon, Sua)

Magnetic

Siyeon leaned back in her chair playing with one of her hands. The sound of her own voice was coming through the massive headphones she was wearing. She listened closely for any weak points and took notes so that she would adjust her pitch or breathing for the next recording.

The assignment she’d received from management was that Yoohyeon and herself were to each decide on and record an english song that would be released at a later date as a special video.

Siyeon frowned, pulling the laptop on the table closer to her as she wasn’t satisfied with her pronunciation of a few words. She paused the recording and used the search engine to cross reference when she heard it. She moved one of the speakers up on her head and heard mutely through the partition Yoohyeon’s voice singing a song she didn’t recognize.

Her eyes closed, shoulders slumped and she put her head on the table, sliding her headphones off and setting them aside.

Since that night several weeks ago, Yoohyeon had only spoken a handful of words to Siyeon and when they had to be together in the same social situation Yoohyeon couldn’t even meet her eye.

She stared at the partition sadly, uncertain of what to do. Even at a moment like this however she couldn’t help hanging off of every perfect note Yoohyeon produced.

She wondered if Yoohyeon was mad at her...

The notion was eating away at her…

When Yoohyeon stopped singing Siyeon stood, pacing back and forth in her small practice room.

She could go into Yoohyeon’s room right now and confront her. Yoohyeon wouldn’t have a choice but to talk to her about it…

But what if she was really upset?

Maybe it would be better just to wait it out and give Yoohyeon space… She couldn’t ignore her forever, right?

Siyeon froze in place when she heard a door open and close.

Yoohyeon’s door.

She decided she didn’t want to wait any longer. It was now or never. She crossed the room to her own door and flung it open, seeing in the distance Yoohyeon’s head disappearing down the stairs on the other side of the room

Not to be deterred Siyeon decided to follow at a reasonable distance behind her. In the stairwell she could hear the loud rhythmic thuds of the bass coming from the dance room. She waited until she heard the door downstairs shut before heading down herself.

Upon entering the dance room Siyeon, she found Yoohyeon sitting on the couch in the corner. Yoohyeon looked up and away quickly as she entered. Siyeon awkwardly crossed her arms and remained close to the door, realizing that she didn’t want to look like a psychopath chasing Yoohyeon all over the company.

Decidedly not lookin in her direction, Siyeon watched Sua and Dami dance.

Sua in particular really stood out. Wearing tight black shorts and an open light dress shirt over a sports bra. Her hair was tied up apart from two strands that fell on either side of her face, though they were stuck to her forehead now with sweat.

Sua had this way about her that made her so good at drawing every eye in the room. She was short, but immensely powerful and very very loud.

Her body was on another level entirely. The control she had over her body was so impressive to watch. Siyeon herself didn’t exactly come from a dance background and had no god given talent when it came to the skill. Sua was the person that taught her most of what she knows today.

Dami was almost as good of a dancer as Sua.

Almost.

She wore track pants and a matching black shirt both too baggy to show her assets, but Siyeon knew that underneath it all, Dami’s hips were something else. You might not think by looking at her but the girl could move with the best of them.

While Sua’s demeanor was relaxed and comfortable Dami’s was much more focused. Her considerable eyes were intense, almost mean looking. It was one of the reasons why Siyeon thought that Dami fit the Dreamcatcher concept the best, she danced as though there was a fire burning inside of her.

Dami is y when she looks angry and she had this habit of biting or her lips during the most powerful parts of choreography. Her swagger was off the charts. Passion that couldn’t be contained.

They turned suddenly as part of the choreography and Sua locked eyes with Siyeon and smiled radiantly.

“Yah, dance god!” She yelled over the music before turning back towards the mirror.

Siyeon smirked at her ironic nickname and enjoyed a particularly forceful body wave that Sua seemed to dole out effortlessly. It was hypnotising.

Siyeon peeled her eyes away long enough to chance a glance at Yoohyeon only to find the girl blank faced, her eyes static on Dami’s movement. Her expression turned into a small smile when the music stopped. Suddenly, Siyeon noticed her own arm was being taken and she was being dragged into the center of the room.

“Dance with us.” Sua demanded.

“Ah, I was just taking a break.” Siyeon said. It was impossible to get away at this point because Sua was much, much stronger than her.

“Oh it’s almost lunch.” Sua said, looking at the at the clock on the far wall.

“I guess it is.” Siyeon said. She glanced over her shoulder to see Yoohyeon and Dami leaving the room together.

Damn it.

“I’m skipping lunch today, though.” Sua said, taking a long draw from her water bottle while she analyzed Siyeon’s face.

“What’s wrong with you?” She asked.

“Nothing.” Siyeon said.

“You’ve always been a terrible liar.” Sua said bluntly.

Siyeon ran a hand through her hair and sighed. “Ah well, what can I do?”

“Not going to tell me, huh?” Sua asked.

Siyeon stared at her and for one wild moment imagined sitting her down telling her everything and how good would it feel to get it off of her chest. Unfortunately, the almost definite negative repercussions made that an impossible thing to do.

Siyeon shook her head.

Sua bit her lip and sized Siyeon up, as if trying you decide whether or not to force the information out of her.

“Well… let's dance it out.” She said, skipping to the stereo in the corner of the room.

“No Unnie, I really don't feel like it..” Siyeon said, backing towards the door.

A very loud upbeat song came on and Sua caught up with her prey before she got away.

“That's the whole point.” She said, pulling off Siyeon's jacket. “You feel better afterwards.”

Sua reached behind Siyeon to dim the lights in the practice room.

“This has never failed before.”

Sua pulled Siyeon back to the center of the room and all at once began dancing like a complete idiot.

Siyeon fought hard against the inevitable smile that was swelling on her face.

Of the many attributes Sua had that Siyeon admired, the fact that she had no shame or volume control was among the highest. Even though she was the best dancer on the team by a long shot, she was now exhibiting her best impression of a drunk uncle at a wedding.

“Lee Siyeon you better start dancing with me or I’m going to bring the pain!” She yelled.

She wasn’t kidding either. Not long after her warning she began swinging her fists haphazardly.

Siyeon backed out of her range and Sua’s face fell.

“Come on!” She yelled, hopping enthusiastically before shoving Siyeon’s shoulder.

Siyeon reluctantly began moving with the girl.

Sua always had an undeniable effect on her, as if her most outrageous attributes were contagious. A chemical reaction of sorts that brought out the craziness in Siyeon like nobody else could.

So it didn’t really surprise her that she was laughing uncontrollably within minutes. Sua was now imitating the most recent dance crazes of the last few years, exaggerating each movement until it was almost unrecognizable. Siyeon of course, was doing everything she could to top it.

She could never succeed though...

By the time the song was over Siyeon was on her knees doubled over.

Sua was on her back gasping for breath, smacking the floor with her palm.

Siyeon took several deep breaths to steady herself “..What the hell even was that?” Siyeon asked in a broken voice before she started coughing loudly.

“You know, honestly, even if I tried I don’t think I could ever replicate that.” Sua gasped before breaking, her high pitched laughter peeled off the walls and they were both gone again.

Tears began to spill out of Siyeon’s eyes so when she heard the door of the practice room open she couldn’t immediately see who it was with her blurred vision.

The blurred figure came to stand between them.

“Oh, wow…” Jiu’s voice said slowly, sounding mildly impressed.

Siyeon was now flat on her back laughing so hard she was making no sound at all.

Sua began choking.

Oh, to be caught like this..

Jiu chuckled, “I’ll wait.”

It took several more minutes for Siyeon and Sua to fully contain themselves, only to fall apart once more after making eye contact.

Jiu had to laugh along even though she didn’t have the faintest idea what they were laughing at.

“Okay!” Siyeon yelled finally, sitting up to rub the moisture from her eyes.

Her face hurt. It was the most she’d smiled in the last few weeks…

“Lunch?” Jiu asked, finally

“Pass.” Sua said, getting to her feet.

Jiu offered a hand to Siyeon which she took.

“You aren’t going to eat?” Jiu asked Sua.

“We’re going to have a big dinner.” Sua grinned. “I’m going to cook it.”

“That’s the best news I’ve heard all day.” Jiu said, beaming.

Siyeon turned to the mirror to fix her face, rather glad she wasn’t wearing makeup today.

Red swollen eyes.

She thought was going to look really y going out in public like this.

“We'll have a light lunch then?” Jiu asked Siyeon.

Siyeon turned around to face Jiu with her eyebrows raised knowing full well that Jiu didn't know what a ‘light lunch’ was.

“I'll go, but I'm not really that hungry.” Siyeon said.

“That's what she says now…” Sua started.

She stepped up to Siyeon and began adjusting her jeans, flattening her shirt out and tucking it in on the sides.

This was a daily occurrence. Sua always functioned as an additional stylist for Siyeon ever since they first met so many years ago.

“And then when your food comes she'll have eyes for it. She really just wants to be fed by you like a baby.”

“That's not true.” Siyeon said.

“Yes it is, you always do that.” Jiu said, shaking her head.

Sua’s face lit up at Jiu’s involvement and she moved her hands up to secure the top button of Siyeon's shirt.

It wasn't often that Siyeon’s Unnies got her alone to themselves, but they never missed an opportunity to when the moment presented itself.

Siyeon stared above their heads chewing on her tongue. She was, afterall, the youngest in the unnie line. A fact that she knew Jiu and Sua would never let her forget.

Jiu reached a hand to pinch her cheek sweetly.

“It's okay, I don't mind sharing with you, baby.” Jiu smiled.

“Aww..” Sua crooned, rolling onto her toes to kiss Siyeon's other cheek.

Siyeon dodged it swiftly and mimed punching her in the face.

Sua let out an excited squeal and began shadow boxing in Siyeon’s direction. It was much more dangerous in her case because Sua hits very hard.

Siyeon cringed away and raised her hands to prevent any accidents.

“Alright, we'll go now.” Jiu said, turning for the door.

Sua turned her last punch into a high five before waving goodbye at Siyeon. Siyeon turned to follow Jiu out of the room when she felt a small hand squeeze her firmly.

She turned to see Sua biting her lip to hide a grin before quirking her eyebrows and throwing up a hand heart.


Jiu was gazing out the window serenely as she chewed slowly, seemingly oblivious of the loudness of the restaurant. Three plates of food were sprawled in front of her. She looked as though she could have been filming a commercial. She was clearly having a life changing epiphany inspired by the taste of her entrée.

Siyeon had never met anyone in her life so passionate about eating. She stared at Jiu with mild amusement wondering what could possibly be going on in her head, her own bowl of soup had long since been devoured.

“I’m in love.” Jiu her lips before returning her attention to the plate directly in front of her.

“Again..?” Siyeon asked, her lips curling.

“This is definitely my favorite place.” Jiu said, taking another bite.

“Everywhere we go is your new favorite place.” Siyeon said.

“Mmm…” Jiu hummed, closing her eyes.

Siyeon leaned back comfortably in the booth knowing that Jiu was going to be mentally absent for as long as this current bite was blowing her mind.

She stared at the girl's face, scanning for any imperfection. The lack of even a single blemish mystified her. How could anybody have such good skin? And with only trace amounts of makeup?

Without a doubt, Siyeon had had a crush on Jiu since she first laid eyes on her.

She hadn't really had any time to sit down and think about the semantics of ideal types and what her preference in a partner might be, but as far as physical attraction went, Jiu was at the top of her list. It was an awkward dynamic since Jiu was also the person she respected above all others. She considered Jiu her role model and as long as this Unnie was leading she would follow her forever.

Jiu opened her eyes and once again Siyeon was caught staring.

Getting caught was staring at someone was becoming a daily occurrence lately...

“Hm?”

Siyeon shook her head, smiling. “You’re beautiful.”

“Ah, there you go.” Jiu grinned, grabbing a piece of beef with her chopsticks and leaning over the table towards Siyeon.

Siyeon accepted the offering but shook her head as she was swallowing.

“I wasn’t saying that so you’d give me food.” She said.

“You’re too sweet to me.” Jiu said.

“Just honest.” Siyeon said. That, and Siyeon knew that Jiu loved compliments..

Jiu stirred her food brightly.

“Have you decided on a song yet?” She asked.

“Not yet. I have it narrowed down to about five different ones.” Siyeon said.

Jiu nodded. “What about Yoohyeon?”

“Don’t know.” Siyeon said, her eyes dropping to the table.

“Mm.. shouldn’t you guys coordinate?” Jiu asked.

“Yeah… I’ll.. talk to her when we get back to the company. I should have a song nailed down by the end of the day.” She said.

“Nope.” Jiu said, sipping her drink.

“Nope?” Siyeon asked.

“You forgot we’re starting on the new choreo this afternoon?” Jiu asked.

“Ugh… that’s right.” Siyeon breathed, letting her head fall backwards against the booth.

“Your favorite thing.” Jiu giggled.

“I guess I could research more after we get home.” Siyeon said.

“You’ll have time later this week. No need to overwork yourself while we’re preparing for a comeback.” Jiu said.

“I’m actually just really excited about it.” Siyeon said.

“You need to take better care of yourself. You haven’t been sleeping well lately.” Jiu said.

Siyeon was slightly taken aback and pleased at the idea of Jiu keeping track of her sleeping schedule, when she looked up to notice more food dangling in front of her face.

She took the bite but quickly said, “No more, I’m really not that hungry.”

“You haven’t been eating enough, you haven’t been sleeping enough... If you aren’t going to take care of yourself then I’m going to have to.” Jiu said.

“No.. I’ll handle it.” Siyeon said.

Jiu blinked. “Is there something to handle?”

“Don’t worry about it, Unnie.” Siyeon smiled. “I’ll sleep well tonight.”

Jiu paused on the verge of speech for a moment, hesitating.

“...You’re a very secretive person, you know that?” Jiu said.

“Everybody has secrets.” Siyeon said, pushing the empty bowl around on the table in front of her. “Sometimes it’s for the best.”

“After all this time, you don’t trust me?” Jiu asked.

Siyeon was stunned by this. She met Jiu’s eyes and leaned over the table to get closer to her.

“Out of everyone, everyone, I trust you the most.” She said, very seriously.

“But not with your secrets…”

Siyeon smiled. “One day Unnie, I feel like I’m going to end up telling you everything.”

“And why is that?”

Siyeon sighed and rubbed her forehead, wondering whether or not she should say it…

“Because… I... have a very loose tongue when I’m around beautiful women.” Siyeon said, staring up at the ceiling. A smirk tugged at the corner of .

A few moments passed without a response so she looked at Jiu to gauge her reaction.

As soon as eye contact was reestablished a meaningful smile spread across Jiu’s face.

“Okay.. one day. I’ll wait.” Jiu said.

Siyeon nodded once, looking away again. Her heart was beating fast. Something in Jiu’s expression was suggestive, knowing...

Did Jiu just pick up on her double entendre..?


As usual, the dorms were chaos upon returning home.

Everyone always had their own personal things and routines they wanted to do before the looming fatigue took them. It was always difficult to find enough time to do everything, especially after dance days. A few of the girls looked absolutely dead on their feet. Gahyeon in particular ended up on the floor of the living room cuddled up to a giant teddy bear they used to watch tv on usually. She was asleep within minutes.

There was a huge queue to take a shower before dinner.

Siyeon figured it would just be easier to just take a shower before bed. She tried to stay out of everyone’s way during nights like these.

After trying to help Sua in the kitchen and being kicked out, she went to her room. Dami had just gotten out of the shower and changed by the looks of it.

“Loud out there.” Siyeon said.

“Mmm.” Dami hummed without looking up from her closet space. “That’s funny.”

Siyeon lay down in her bed, the first time getting off of her feet since lunch. Every muscle in her lower body screamed from the movement. She could actually feel her feet pulsating.

“Why is that funny?” She asked.

“Because usually you’re the one making all the noise.” Dami said.

Siyeon smiled. She was a hundred percent correct, of course.

Dami was the type of person who didn’t appreciate loud noises, during down times like this she mostly kept to herself with a book or music.

Siyeon’s favorite attribute of Dami was her dry sense of humor since it was the complete opposite of her own. While Siyeon drew attention for being loud, most of Dami’s best punchlines went unheard because she was often too quiet in the presence of the 6 other girls. Siyeon had taught herself to listen for them though and was never disappointed, often the only one laughing at them.

“My noise is growing on you.” Siyeon said.

“If you say so…” Dami said softly.

Jiu popped her head into the room.

“Sua wants your help now.” She said to Siyeon.

“I just layed down.” Siyeon groaned.

“When I walked into the kitchen there was a spoon completely melted to the stovetop, I think you should get in there.”

Siyeon begrudgingly pulled her sore body out of bed and stretched before making her way to the kitchen.

“I don’t even know how we still have spoons left for her to burn.” Dami muttered.

Siyeon laughed loudly on her way out the door. She was cut off abruptly by Sua’s powerful voice.

“Singnie!~”

Oh god..

Siyeon made her way into the kitchen expecting to find a fire.

Instead, Sua had three pots on the stove boiling at the same time. It smelled delicious for the most part, if you excused the faint smell of melted plastic. She could see the deceased spoon in the sink. 

“What do you need me to do?” Siyeon asked.

Sua sighed, looking flustered, she turned around and grabbed Siyeon by the shoulders and stood her so that she was in between Siyeon and the stove.

“Just.. stand there and don’t let me burn anything.”

“Ah, and you’re our best cook right?” Siyeon laughed.

Sua turned around to glare up at Siyeon before jabbing her in stomach.

“Shut up.” She said simply.

Siyeon grinned and did was she was told, watching over Sua’s head all of the different burners. Standing here, she realized she was ravenous and all of this food smelled incredible.

“So tired.” Sua muttered putting the top on the last pot before turning to look up at Siyeon. “I think I overdid it today. My legs feel like they’re going to give out.”

“Then sit down.” Siyeon said.

Sua shook her head. “Food will burn.”

Siyeon, feeling sorry for the girl, spun her around to face to stove before leaning her back against her own body.

Sua reached back and felt around until she found Siyeon’s hand and took it.

“Does this help?” Siyeon asked.

“Yeah..” Sua murmured. “I could probably fall asleep like this.”

She pulled Siyeon’s arm around her before leaning her head back on her shoulder. Siyeon used this time to play with Sua’s little fingers, squeezing them one by one in different patterns.

“I wonder if anyone else will remain conscious long enough to eat.” Sua said.

“This amazing smell could wake the dead.” Siyeon said.

Sua reluctantly stood straight to start tending to the food again.

Siyeon brought her hands to Sua’s shoulders and began kneading at them, pushing her thumb into the soft spot between her neck and collarbone.

Sua sighed contentedly, her entire body going limp for a long time as Siyeon worked her hands.

“Here.” She mewled, pointing out a place closer to her rotator cuff. “Oh... you’re good at this.”

Siyeon adjusted her hands accordingly.

“You have so much tension.” Siyeon murmured.

“Overused muscles.” Sua said. “Ah wow, I owe you one.” She hummed.

“I’ll remember that.” Siyeon smiled.

“I give really good massages.” Sua added, straightening up to stir the food.

Siyeon’s hand slid down to Sua’s waist.

Her eyes landed on Sua’s .

She bit her lip and considered that Sua does this to everyone. Surely, she couldn’t possibly get in trouble for it.

She tested the waters, reaching out a hand and palming the flesh for a moment before squeezing.

Sua turned slowly, her eyebrows raised.

“Hardly anyone does that back to me.” She said, grinning.

Siyeon was surprised to find that it was so solid, almost as if it were comprised completely of muscle.

Someone cleared their throat and Siyeon found Jiu standing with her arms folded on the other side of the kitchen island. She was smirking but kept her eyes diverted.

“When should we expect to eat?” She asked.

“...We’ll eat soon.” Sua said, not taking her eyes off of Siyeon.

The sultry look on Sua’s face made Siyeon’s heart stop dead in her chest.

“I’ll.. start calling people in.” Jiu muttered.

Siyeon didn’t started breathing again until Sua walked behind her to get plates.

Now that she felt as though she had her free will back, she made her way for the dinner table, taking a seat.

Sua always was an extremely flirtatious person with anyone in her general vicinity but that.. That felt like it went further than it ever had before.

Sua’s just… so intense. Aggressive. Unrelenting.

y...

Jiu fell into the seat beside her, quirking an eyebrow.

Somehow it felt as though she knew too much again… Siyeon decided not to acknowledge this outwardly. If it because more obvious she would deal with it when the time came.

A zombified Gahyeon made her appearance next. Siyeon waved a hand in front of her face and got no response. She and Jiu shared a smile. Cute little kid was basically still sleeping.

Handong and Dami came out next and then Yoohyeon sat between them on the opposite side of the table.

Siyeon didn’t even try to make eye contact with her.


Dinner was over in a flash due to people wanted to get to sleep as soon as possible. Tomorrow was going to be twice as long and difficult as today was. Siyeon thought that Dreamcatcher would rival any boy group in the category of eating like wild animals.

Siyeon was the last remaining at the table, surveying the remains and watching Dami and Handong help Sua with the dishes.

Yoohyeon was the first to leave the table…

Siyeon frowned at the table thinking hard. Jiu passed by her in the direction of the bathroom with a towel slung over her shoulder.

Jiu was showering, Sua, Dami, and Handong were doing dishes, Gahyeon was probably already asleep by now in her room… That would leave Yoohyeon alone in her room?

Siyeon bit her lip remembering the promise she made Jiu to handle things.

What was really the worst that could happen…?

She silently got up from the table and made her way down the hall, standing in front of Yoohyeon and Sua’s door for a while trying to find the right words. It would be social suicide to go in there without even a loose script.

She closed her eyes and knocked twice

“Come in.” She heard.

Siyeon pushed the door open and knew that Yoohyeon would be on her top bunk, so she immediately climbed the ladder at the foot of her bed until they could see each other eye to eye.

Yoohyeon was laying in bed with one ear bud in and a notebook in her lap. Her eyebrows drew together when she realized who it was.

They stared at eachother, Yoohyeon was the first to look away.

“Look… I’m not going away so, we should probably get over this, right?” Siyeon asked.

Yoohyeon frowned and closed her eyes. “Siyeon…”

“I didn’t do anything wrong. So, for you to ignore me like this is really uncool.” Siyeon continued.

Yoohyeon paused before moving all the objects on her bed over and patting the now empty spot beside her.

Siyeon clambered up the ladder without hesitation, coming to sit beside Yoohyeon.

They sat side by side without talking for a while, mostly because Siyeon had already run out of mental script.

“I wasn’t ignoring you to be mean, Unnie.” Yoohyeon said. “I wasn’t even trying to ignore you at all, actually.”

“Then…?” Siyeon put up a hand.

“I’ve been very embarrassed.” Yoohyeon said softly.

Siyeon smiled and glanced sideways at her. “There’s no reason to be embarrassed.”

Yoohyeon’s eyes went huge. “Are you crazy? I... threw myself at you.”

Siyeon knew this probably shouldn’t make her smile wider, but it did.

She shook her head. “It’s not a big deal.”

Yoohyeon sighed, “I just cringe when I think about it.”

Siyeon’s smile evaporated.

It wasn’t that bad, was it…?

“...Why?” Siyeon asked.

“I don’t know what came over me.” Yoohyeon said.

“Well…” Siyeon became very animated, “Some people get drunk and get to fights! Some people get drunk and drive and kill other people. Some people drink and get depressed, and... some girls get drunk and kiss other girls.”

She smirked sideways at Yoohyeon and shrugged. Yoohyeon looked like she was going to hit her.

“Honestly, out of all of those I think you got the best case scenario.” Siyeon finished, positively beaming.

“Ah, seriously…” Yoohyeon rolled her eyes.

“You missed me, right?” Siyeon asked.

“I did until you opened your mouth.” Yoohyeon grinned.

Siyeon patted Yoohyeon’s hand. “Don’t worry about it. It’s just something that happened… right? And I wasn’t going to tell anyone.”

“Um, I told Dami.” Yoohyeon said, looking at Siyeon.

“You… did?” Siyeon was stunned.

“I needed to tell someone.” Yoohyeon said.

“What did she say?” Siyeon asked.

“She was just really surprised I think.” Yoohyeon said. “But she said the same thing you did, that I was making a big deal out of nothing.”

Siyeon nodded, unable to not feel a little bit sad that this only appeared to be a big deal to herself. She’d been telling herself this all along, but it still hurt.

“I.. never kissed anyone like that before.” Yoohyeon said, softly.

“Me neither.” Siyeon said.

Yoohyeon went quiet and appeared to go into thinking mode. To break the awkward tension, Siyeon took the notepad off of Yoohyeon’s lap.

“Little mix?” She asked.

“That’s the song I decided on.” Yoohyeon said.

“Ah, I should probably go work on this.” Siyeon lamented.

“You were singing something earlier that sounded nice.” Yoohyeon said.

Siyeon smiled. “Are we okay now?”

Yoohyeon nodded. “Sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize..” Siyeon said.

“It was really unprofessional of me.” Yoohyeon said.

Ouch…

Siyeon winced and looked sideways at Yoohyeon.

“After over five years, I really hope I’m more to you than just a coworker.” Siyeon said.

Yoohyeon’s eyes went wide again and she began backpedaling immediately.

“Of course you are! I just really didn’t want to make things awkward…”

Siyeon offered her pinky up. Yoohyeon wrapped her own around it.

“No more awkwardness.”

Yoohyeon nodded and they shared a smile.

Siyeon noted that Yoohyeon looked really cute with her hair up like this, and then immediately lamented that she'd probably never get to kiss her again. She forced herself to look away.  

It's stupid to even think about that... 

“I’ll let you get back to work then.” Siyeon said, crawling back to the foot of the bed.

“We should have just talked about this sooner.” Yoohyeon said.

“Ah, well. I didn’t really know how to bring it up either.” Siyeon said, perched on top of the ladder.

The door opened and without warning pain shot through her backside coupled with a loud smacking sound. Siyeon yelped out of shock.

Yoohyeon burst out laughing.

“You can’t stick that thing in my face without expecting a reaction.” Sua said, businesslike. She moved to get a towel and her pajamas before walking back out of the room.

“She’s got a point.” Yoohyeon said, smirking and putting her earbuds back in.

“Bullies.” Siyeon muttered, stepping to the floor. “Goodnight.”

“Night Unnie.” Yoohyeon said.

Siyeon made her way across the hall to her own room, feeling the tingling which surely signified that an imprint of Sua’s hand was taking the form of a bruise on her .

Sua, so intense…

In her own room, she found Jiu blowing out her hair. She shot Siyeon a smug grin and turned off the blow dryer at her arrival.

“So… how is Yoohyeon?” She asked conversationally.

Siyeon felt her stomach drop out. It was clear Jiu was keeping tabs on her now.

“Fine.” She recovered quickly. “She’s going to be singing Little mix, so I probably won’t do a ballad.”

Jiu continued smiling. It made Siyeon uneasy. Siyeon caught movement in the corner of her eye and saw Dami rolling over in her bed to face the wall.

One’s prying and one already knows…

Siyeon hadn’t even had the time to consider what Dami might think of her yet.

“I-I’ll start working on that now.” Siyeon said after a long awkward pause.

She got into her bed and pulled out her phone and earbuds.

“Don’t work too hard.” Jiu said brightly, “or I’ll have to get Sua in here to give you a massage.”

She turned the blow dryer back on.

Siyeon stared at the underside of her bunk wanting to sink deep into her mattress.

Through the floor.

Under the foundation and into the dirt.

How? How could Jiu be so perceptive…?

The only option was to slam the brakes.

Her self exploration could be put on hold for now… until until the heat faded a little…