Seven Years of Love

just KYUNA -- OneShots/Songfics :)

 

Kyuhyun played with the little silver ring on his finger. He smiled a little as flashbacks played on his mind.

The girl who has the other ring the same as his has been the only girl he ever loved so purely. The only girl he knew would hold his heart for as long as he lives.

Yoona.

He met her seven years ago, on the busy streets of soul, one warm summer night. Their first meeting was awkward, as Kyuhyun mistakenly entered the women’s bathroom inside a mall. Yoona was washing her hands when he entered, and after a deafening shriek she finally believed his explanation that Kyuhyun meant no harm and that it was only a mere accident that he got inside the bathroom.

Since that night, she was never out of his mind. And he soon found out that they attend the same school. They became friends, and eventually, Kyuhyun started courting her after 2 years of friendship. They were engaged in a romantic relationship with each other for 2 years until eventually they broke up.

The break up was mutual, as they both know love never really faded between them. They just needed space, as they say it when their friends ask why they parted ways. Yoona then migrated to Paris with her family, where she continued her studies to become a fashion designer. In the three years that they’ve been separated, they still kept contact. They were friends before everything started afterall, so the phone calls, emails and text messages were a norm even though they were apart.

Kyuhyun tried loving other girls. Seohyun is a smart girl. Sooyoung is witty and pretty. Victoria is nice and gentle. But still, the memory of his first love, the girl he so loved, still haunted him. None of his other relationships lasted, but he never felt pain when he got dumped.

But in the past few months, Yoona hasn’t been calling him. He didn’t received text messages or emails from her either. All he knows is that she’s been employed on one of the top designing companies in France, and that work requires most her time. He doesn’t complain. Even the slightest bit. He knew too well he doesn’t have the right anymore.

When they broke up, they both told each other it was mutual. But deep inside, he was hurt. He wanted her so much. He loves her so much to let go. But seeing that she’d be happy if he finally sets her free, he just gave way. Her happiness is always his top priority.

So many things he wished he could tell her, but time wouldn’t just let him. There are so many things he wished she knew. He wanted her to know that for seven years, she’s been the only one who’s holding his heart.

Then he heard his phone ring. He looked at the screen, and his heart skipped a beat when he saw who was calling.

It’s her.

Yoona.

He gulped down an imaginary lump on his throat as he held his mobile.

Time was too cruel to him. It never gave him a chance to tell her everything she has to know. Now, it’s being a little bit considerate.

It’s now or never.

“Hello?”

“Kyu~” he heard her voice, followed by her infamous giggle that sends tingles to his spine.

“Hi Yoong! How are you?”

“I’m fine. How about you? I’ve been too busy lately I forgot to call you.”

“I’m fine too. How’s Paris?” he asked.

“Good. A busy place as usual. Hey, Kyu! I want to tell you something very very important.”

Kyuhyun's heart thumped faster and harder.

“Yeah. Me too. I want to tell you something very important.”

“Really? What is it? Tell me!”

“No. you go first.”

“Ow. Okay. Don’t freak out okay?”

“I won’t.”

“Kyuhyun-ah… I’m… I’m getting married.”

For one moment, Kyuhyun felt the world stop. Everything just froze, as well as his heart. It stopped beating. He felt the cold wind brush his face.

Just then, a warm tear came trickling down his cheek.

He heard his heart shatter into pieces. As much as he wanted to put back the pieces together as soon as possible, can’t. He simply can’t. His hands were so clumsy to hold onto sanity at the moment.

“Kyuhyun-ah?”

Why won’t time be on his side? Just for once? Just once, it never sided on him.

He just wanted to tell her he still loves her. He simply wanted to tell her that after all those years that they’ve been apart, she’s still the one and only girl who occupies her heart. He just wanted to say that he tried to forget her, but he simply can’t.

Why can’t he tell her that, just for once?

If only he hadn’t let her go.

If only he held on to her.

If only he wasn’t stupid enough to think that she still loves him.

What if he hadn’t let her go, would she be marrying another man now?

What if he held on to her, would she be beside him now?

What if he told her long ago that he still loves her, will she tell he’s still the one for her?

So many what ifs, ifs, regrets. Just thinking about them makes him lose his sanity.

“Kyuhyun? Are you still there?” she called from the other line. He snapped back to his senses and tried to compose himself.

“Yeah. Uhm, congratulations Yoong! Well, I have to go now. I have work to attend to. Congratulations again. I’ll call you back when I’m free. Bye!” and he hung up without even hearing her response.

The pain is just too real. He felt like his chest was being ripped apart.

His knees felt weak as he slowly sat on the floor, his hands on his forehead. Tears came running down from his eyes.

It was too late now.

He expected her to tell him she still loves him.

But it didn’t came.

And it will never come.

Never.

 

The seven years of LOVE, it would have to end now.

 

Of all my fics about KyuNa, this is I guess the heaviest. THEY DIDN’T END UP TOGETHER! My fellow Musketeers might want to kill me. *hides* Again, I think this update is a fail. It’s my first time to write a broken KyuNa and it really is difficult. Maybe I won’t write another broken KyuNa, yes? :)

I’m taking requests! Palli!