X Chapter 1 X

Whispering Courage

"Cheers!" 

Clinking their glasses together, Nora and her friend Ji yeon snicked as they felt the drink filling their insides and causing their minds to be filled with fraudulent joy and enjoyment. She looked at her friend as she sat across from her, taking a sip from her half filled glass. She was always envious of her friend. She had the skin of a porcelain doll, and her figure was all that guys craved for. This was also true from her unintentional following of boys that casually followed her about when she walked the halls of our school building. 'Why couldn't I be like that?' she thought taking a sip of her drink.

"It's been ages since we went out for a drink!" Ji yeon cheerfully said. " We should do this more often instead of going on these awkward school nights out things"

"Yeah, we should, I guess it is fun to get out once in a while, isn't it?"

"You hardly go out anymore, I took ages persuading you to attend this, never mind going anywhere else" her friend she cautiously, taking another sip of her drink. 

"I just don't like these types of things, you have to drink with people you hardly know and talk to others you don't want to talk to" she said, looking over to the table opposite them only to see a group of people from her school drinking and asking each other questions. As she scanned the identities of the individuals before her, she captured a guy peering at her. She awkwardly smiled and faced her friend again.

"I don't even know half these people, Ji yeon."

"That's the point! These events are not just for you to look around and have a glance at others Nora, it's for others to make new friends, and you my friend are in need of a few more friends!" Ji yeon exclaimed, jumping from her seat and grabbing Nora's hand. Her friend walked over to the opposite table and introduced herself to the group of individuals who glanced at both of the girls in front of them. 

"Hi! Would it be okay if we sat here with you guys?"

The group cheerfully said their 'of courses' and serenaded us with smiles that felt too uncomfortable for Nora. She walked over to the free seat in front of her and sat down, pouring herself a drink that sat on the table. Taking a sip of her drink, she looked up, only to meet the eyes of the guy that was staring at her earlier. Swallowing her drink, the words of her friend raced through her mind, telling her to talk, to move, to at least say something.

"Hi, I'm Namjoon" He declared reaching out his hand.

"Nora" she said claiming his hand into hers. 

"Haven't seen you around here, do you attend our school?" Namjoon asked.

"Yeah, I do. Funny enough I haven't seen you around either." She said, taking another sample of her drink.

"Ah right. Well that would explain it since I've only moved here not so long ago" 

"Oh really, well I hope you're enjoying it here I guess, wouldn't be my best choice of a new location to move to"

Namjoon snicked at her words, picking up his drink and gulping it down. "I actually like it here, it's quiet and everyone keeps to their own business, you know? That's what you need when you move somewhere."

"I guess so" She said, staring into the eyes of the that sat in front of her. 

"So Nor-" 

"NOOORRAAAA! LET'S GO HOME MY SUGAR PUMPKIN, IT'S BED TIME" Ji yeon said drunkenly as she wrapped her arms around her. Giving Namjoon a look of 'I'm sorry, I have to go', he nodded and she stood up with her arms supporting her friend. Walking out of the bar, she walked her friend to the edge of the road, placing her arm out to demand a taxi. Once a taxi, had came, she stepped into the car and set her friend softy on the seats.

'What a night' she sighed, taking one last glance at the boy, once again looking at her.