X Prologue X

Whispering Courage

Leaving the convenience store, she sighed. The cold air was beginning to envelope her, and she shivered a bit as she wrapped her scarf around her neck, covering slightly. Sighing once more, she began to take steps forward targeting the traffic lights in the distance in front of her. The sound of water splashing and splurging underneath her feet from the rain before had comforted her, giving her a sense of relief that she was able to escape the worries and torment of her mind for even a moment. 

These months were nothing but torture for her, many things had happened and she couldn't explain why. She saw something that she was never supposed to have encountered, and in result became involved in something that never should have been created in this world. She shivered in fear as the thought and came to a halt when she approached the traffic lights. Pressing the button on the box, she waited. As she looked at the scenery in front of her, she thought of the memories that she had gained through the years with her relative sand other close friends. She remembered the times were her friends would link arms with her and skip down the path, or when her dad would run to the store and bring back a sweet for her if she wasn't in a good mood. She smiled as the memories ran through her mind, however was interrupted by a sound indicating to cross. 

Walking swiftly across the road, she felt a light vibration in her coat pocket. Taking her phone out, she looked at the message sent.

'Did you think your friend could stop me? Look down.'

- Unknown Number

The hairs stood straight on her neck as she slowly peered down towards the ground. On the floor, there was an white envelope that was sealed. Looking behind her and towards the other side of the crossing, she saw no one, except for the imaginable scenery that she had inspected before. Opening the envelope, she took out the contents.