X Chapter 5 X

Whispering Courage

Deciding to take the short way home, she turned into the empty and dimmed lane, which was only covered by the light of the moon that shone high in the sky above. She sighed as she felt the quietness and lonliness envelope her as she took steps towards the other side of the lane. She had always liked walking at night, it calmed her. As her thoughts ran through her head, a slight whimper was heard from a side lane. 'What was that?' she thought as she stopped and started walking towards the side lane clenching her jacket, as the cold wind engulfed her.

As she made her way to the source of the sound, she cautiously hid behind the bin that was placed in the middle of the street. Taking a quiet breath, she tilted her head slightly to observe what was happening, and gasped, covering . There was two men infront of her in her view, one who was pushed against a wall by another, whose face was slightly covered with a scarf.

"Why didn't you just do what I said in the first place" he said, running his fingers down the mans face and neck. "None of this would have happened if you had done what you were told" he continued movng his hand towards his coat pocket, revealing a knife. The man squirmed and screamed in terror, however his voice was masked by the man's hand that was now covering his mouth. 

"Ah ah ah, screaming wont get you anywhere, believe me" he said as he raised the knife to the mans stomach pushing it in only a biti. The man's muffled screams could be heard, and Nora covered her own scream that was dying to replace his. Her hands couldn't stop shaking. She didn't know whether to run and hide, or call for help, but then again, who at this time at night would come to save them. 

"It's your fault." He said, pulling the knife out, and moving it towards the man's neck. "I hope you'll forgive me" the man said as he smirked and dragged the knife across the man's neck. He left go of the man, and Nora watched him as he fell lifelessly onto the ground, blood continuing to splurt out of his neck and stomach wound. Nora was scared, she didn't know what to do, should she run now, or stay and watch the man leave. Her eyes had filled up with tears, that had now been running down her cheeks.

'I have to run' she thought pushing herself off the ground, however her unsteadyness caused her hands to grab the bin and push it ever so slightly, causing a squeak. The man turned around, his scarf falling away from his face, due to the strong winds. Nora gasped, and began running. 

'No way, it can't be'

It was Namjoon.