X Chapter 2 X

Whispering Courage

*Clunk!*

She yawned as her slice of toast popped from the toaster. Taking the slice from the toaster, she placed it onto a plate, and swiftly buttered the peice with butter. Walking over to the table, she sat down and took a bite, of the now oozing buttery toast. From the distance, she could hear slight whispering, confused she sampled another bite of her toast.

"W-a-t-e-r..." 

"Huh?" she said to her friend walking slowly over to the table. 

"Water..." her friend breathed out before plopping into one of the chairs. She got out and wandered to the cupboard, pouring her friend a glass of water, from what she can guess, for her undying state from the night before.

"It was only last night you were telling me that we should do this more often" she grinned as her eyes were allocated on her friend who was half perishing due to the alcohol that was drunk beforehand. 

"Haha, very funny, how come you aren't like this, huh?" her friend declared, gulping down the full glass of water.

"I didn't drink much last night, unlike somebody, who was a torment getting home last night may I add" she said, savoring another bite of her toast. Ji yeon looked at her and sighed, holding her head in a fixed position. 

"So, I saw you were talking to the new guy, huh? Nice isn't he?" Ji yeon uttered. 

"Yeah, he's nice I guess. We didn't talk much though so I wouldn't say he's the top knotch guy yet"

Her friend snicked at her words and ascended from her chair towards the fridge. 

"We have to go shopping today, remember, there's hardly anything in the cupboards." Nora said, glancing at the shopping list she made earlier which was now hanging by a magnet on the fridge. 

"Huh? Could we do it tomorrow? I'm dying pleasee"

"Ji yeon, we have no food, like literally, you can stay home, I'll go"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, okay, now go back to bed, you drunkard" 


Fixing her scarf on her neck and shoulders, she breathed in the clear and scentless air that filled up every inch of the space around her. Unlike yesterday, today was clear and calm, just a bit chilly. Pressing the button for the traffic lights, she patiently waited and glanced momentarily at the cars that whooshed by, ruining the scentless air that she had cherished earlier. Hearing the 'dinging' sound of the lights, she began walking over to the other side of the path and spotted the local convenience store. 

*Swoosh* 

Entering the store, she grabbed a basket and began wandering through the aisles, grabbing any convenience food that she wrote earlier on the shopping list. 'I better get Ji yeon something to make her feel better shouldn't I?' She thought as she became closer to the sweet aisle.

'Huh? I've never seen this before. Maybe I shoul-' Her thoughts were interuppted by a male voice that seemed to familiar to her.

"Nora, hi, it's nice to see you again" Turning around, she glanced at Namjoon who was carrying a basket with similar food items. 'We must have similar tastes' she thought.

"Hi Namjoon"

"How's your friend? she seemed to be quite out of it last night"

"Ehm she's okay, I guess, suffering from the after effects of last night" She said, holding back a slight laugh as she thought of her friend's condition she had awoken to this morning. "Did you get home okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I did. My friend came and picked me up"

"That's good" she said, looking down to her basket, checking if she got everything that she needed. She glanced back up at Namjoon and smiled. "Well I better be off, can't leave Ji yeon away for too long, she'll get lonely" She said.

"Ah okay, well I guess I'll see you tomorrow then"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow" she said, turning her figure towards the cashiers and holding on to the last glance she had of Namjoon and his gorgeous smile.