X Chapter 4 X

Whispering Courage

Friday

Leaving her last class of the day she yawned. She had just finished a two-hour lecture and had wanted to go straight home since she had plenty to do due to her overly strict and informative teacher. 'Two essays for Monday, uh' she thought, sighing at her messy folders that were in her arms. Walking down the hallways and making her way towards the tall school gates, she heard a voice shout behind her.

"Nora!" 

"Oh hi Namjoon, what's up?" she said, providing a smile and a wave towards Namjoon. He had his hair slicked back, and Nora felt a little tinge of happiness sprouting from within when she admired his attratictive facial features once again.

"Are you heading home?" He said returning the smile and fixing his bag that laid at a slant on his forearm/shoulder.

Nora smiled "Yes, I am, you too?"

"Yeah, mind if I walk with you?" 

"No, I dont mind, you can walk with me" she said starting to begin walking a few steps ahead. Namjoon smiled and thanked Nora. 

"So, doing much this weekend?" Namjoon asked, arching his eyebrow. 'Why is he this handsome' Nora thought whilst she thought the blood rushing to her cheeks. 

"No, you?" She said returning the question. He shook his head and smiled. Nora felt like her insides were melting. His smile was enough to make her day but she couldn't understand why, she had only met him last week.

"We should hang out this weekend, get to know eachother a bit more, Saturday maybe?" he said curiously as he glanced at Nora.

"Yeah sure" Nora replied. By the time this converstaion had happened, they had finished their route home. "Well, I better be off, see you tomorrow Namjoon" she said waving him goodbye.

"See you" he waved as he turned his abck and left.


"Ji yeon! Have you seen my black bag anywhere?" Nora shouted towards Ji yeon's room which was directly across from hers. Ji yeon opening the door and shook her head in confusement.

"I haven't seen it, are you going somewhere?" Ji yeon asked curiously as she glanced at Nora's peculiar and dressy outfit. 

"I'm hanging out with Namjoon" Nora said rummaging through her clothes that were left messily on the ground from the stress of choosing an outfit the night before.

"Ohhh right I see" Ji yeon said wiggling her eyebrows at Nora who had managed to find her bag underneath her bed. "Where you heading?" she continued leaning against Nora's door frame.

 "I'm not sure yet" she laughed as she fixed her cardigan. She asked Ji yeon for her grading on her clothes and with a big smile she left the house and started walking towards the city centre.


"Namjoon, over here!" Nora shouted flapping her arms over her head signalling Namjoon over. He spotted the signal and ran over.

"Hey" he said "Let's go to the cafe around the corner" he stated with a smile. Nora nodded and followed him towards the cafe.

*BRRRING*

The cafe door made a ringing sound as they entered and searched for a seat for both of them in the packed cafe. Namjoon had found one and pointed Nora over to the seat, gentle-manly pulling out her seat for her and allowing her to sit first. Nora smiled and handed a small menu to Namjoon. 

"I think ill get the pumpkin spice latte, what about you?" Namjoon questioned as he placed his menu back into its original spot.

"I'll get the same" She said doing the same. Namjoon smiled and called over the waiter and told him their order. "So, Nora, lets talk about you" he said. Nora's eyebrows raised in amusement.

"What's your family like?"

"They're good people" Nora said and continued " I have a sister, but I don't see my family a lot, they live elsewhere" 

"They do?" Namjoon questioned and smiled at the waiter who brought over the drinks.

"Yeah, my turn, what are your interests?" Nora asked, taking a sip of her drink.

"Hmm let me see. I like movies, especially horror ones, they give the thrill that you need every once in a while, and I like reading as well, how about you?"

"I like movies as well, however not so much horror, more melodramatic love stories, you know?" She laughed as she watched the reaction on Namjoon's face. He laughed himself and took a drink. 'Getting to know each other is fun' Nora though as she listened to Namjoon's stories and agreed on his statements. Time had passed and before they knew it, the sun had fell from the sky.


Next Chapter sample

"Why didn't you just do what I said in the first place" he said, running his fingers down the mans body. "None of this would have happened if you did what you were told" he continued moving his hand towards his pocket, pulling out a knife. 

"It's your fault" 

"I hope you'll forgive me"