Three

My Little Princess
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THEY both waited for half an hour when a nurse called out Luhan’s name.

 

“Gege, it’s your turn.”

 

Luhan just nodded and both made their way to the room they were supposed to go to.

 

As they arrived, they were greeted by a young male doctor who was around their age, judging from his look. The doctor stood up and welcomed them by shaking their hands as he flashed the two cousins a smile.

 

“Please sit down. Excuse me first. I need to put these documents, then we can talk.”

 

“It’s okay, doctor. Take your time,” replied Tao because he knew that Luhan being quiet was due to his anxiety.

 

He had always known of his cousin’s condition ever since Luhan visited the hospital when he was fifteen. After all, he was the one that accompanied him that day and since then, Luhan always took his cousin to go to his appointments with him.

 

Tao patted Luhan’s hand to comfort him. He knew it was hard for Luhan to accept this because of his doubt and low self-esteem. Tao hated his uncle and auntie ever since he found about Luhan’s wellbeing.

 

“Hi, my name is Zhang Yixing but you can call me Doctor Zhang or Lay, whichever is comfortable for you guys.”

 

“I am Huang Zitao and next to me is my cousin, Xi Luhan,” told Tao to Lay, introducing both of them.

 

“So, Mr Xi-,” Lay was cut off by the pregnant male.

 

“Luhan, please. Mr Xi make me sound old.”

 

The doctor chuckled at the request.

 

“Okay, Luhan. I have read your file and it shows that you are a carrier. Am I right?”

 

“Yes,” replied the pregnant male.

 

The young male asked again, “Is this your first pregnancy?” to the feminine looking male.

 

“Yes.”

 

Lay was jotting down the information on the form while nodding his head to the given answer.

 

After that, he asked Luhan to lay on the bed so he could check his stomach. Luhan hissed when the gel was applied to his stomach due to its cold sensation. His cousin sat beside him, holding his hand.

 

“Congratulations. Your babies are healthy and they are in good condition,” told the doctor.

 

“Ba-babies? You mean more than one?”

 

“Yes. They are twins,” informed Lay to the pregnant carrier.

 

“Here.” Lay pointed to the black and white images on the screen monitor. Luhan and Tao’s eyes followed his hand.

 

“Do you see this two white spots?” The two cousins nodded. “These are heartbeats of your twins. Judging from the sizes, you are six weeks pregnant, Luhan.”

 

At that time, Luhan went blank at the latest information. He was okay with him being pregnant as he was reckless but to be pregnant with twins? The world decided to play a joke to him and Luhan was not impressed.

 

Then, without warning, he was out of breath, struggling with oxygen as the air component was cut off from his lungs. The carrier was having a panic attack. He thrashed around the bed he was on, shocking both his cousin and his doctor.

 

Lay was stunned upon seeing the beautiful male in that condition. Tao, however, knew there would high chances that the older would have an episode among his many others, was prepared.

 

Grabbing both his cheeks with his palms, the younger whispered to his ears, like a spell, “I’m here, gege. It’s Taozi. Taozi is here, gege. Don’t worry, I’ll always be here.”

 

Taozi was a nickname that Luhan given him when he was five and the older was eight.

 

Repeatedly, he muttered the words multiple times until finally, Luhan calmed down. Not later than that, he broke down in Tao’s embrace. Tao let him be as he was used to it. Lay seemed to snap out of his trance as he realized that Luhan was crying.

 

Exhausted and drain out of energy, the pregnant male felt asleep. Tao apologized for the sudden incident but Lay waved it off, saying it was okay. Lay then proceeded giving explanations to Tao on what to do and not to do during the pregnancy.

 

Tao listened seriously as he was worried and cared for his beloved cousin. He also an uncle of the twins, so it was his responsibility. Before saying goodbye, Lay offered his phone number to the two cousins to call him if they need anything. Grateful, they both leave the hospital after saying thank you to Lay with Tao helping the half-asleep male to stand properly.

 

They both waited and halted a taxi after waiting for a good thirty minutes. As soon as he entered the vehicle, he told himself to bring his own car for Luhan’s appointment next time.

 

Since he was too concerned about his cousin and his babies that he did not noticed the male who was staring at them with wide eyes as they walked out of Lay’s room.

 

The observer clenched his fists, not knowingly and walked away, angrily.

 

 

KRIS stretched his stiff body after spending most of his day by sitting in the office, doing his jobs. The conference meeting using Skype to one of his dealers in China t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter