Insecurity

Love in 1950

2 weeks have passed and every day they would meet and Chanyeol would teach Baekhyun how to play the piano. What surprised Chanyeol the most was that Baekhyun was a fast learner, maybe it had to do with the fact that he was so passionate about it. Everytime Baekhyun made a mistake, the smaller male would look very sad, honestly, it was very cute and it did weird things to Chanyeol.

 

One night when he got home, his parents asked about Baekhyun. “You have been going to the library a lot with that boy” where they perhaps talking about Baekhyun. How did they find out? “how do you know?” his mother chuckled, “the neighbours tell me that they always see you with another boy. Is he your friend?” Chanyeol shrugged “yes” continuing to read his book. “so, tell me… what’s his name?” Chanyeol closed his book. “his name is Baekhyun”

 

“Baekhyun huh… Well, I would love to see him. Please invite him to dinner tomorrow ” and his mother walked away. That night, Chanyeol could only think about what his mother said. Should he do it? I mean there is nothing wrong with Baekhyun right, it’s not like he is ashamed of him. Maybe, because he is afraid that his parents won’t like Baekhyun, but what is there to dislike. Baekhyun was adorable, well mannered, passionate and… He noticed that he was rambling about Baekhyun and that he got these feelings in his stomach again. He just shrugged them off and decided to sleep.

 

The next day, Baekhyun had his piano lessons too. Baekhyun was slowly improving and could already play with two fingers. Meanwhile, Chanyeol was slowly opening up to Baekhyun. He was talking more to Baekhyun he even smiled more. Normally Chanyeol wouldn’t have been distracted but today he was. It’s all because of what his mother asked him. Of course, Baekhyun noticed too that there was something wrong with Chanyeol. “Is everything all right Chanyeol? You seem distracted” Chanyeol sighed. “it’s my mother.. she wanted me to invite you to dinner today” Baekhyun instantly brightened. “I would love to! Tell your mother that I’m coming” Chanyeol smiled because of Baekhyun’s cuteness. The rest of the day Baekhyun was very happy.

 

 

 

“Oh, that must be Baekhyun. Chanyeol please open the door” his mother said. Since he said that Baekhyun would be coming for dinner, his mother couldn’t stop squealing and she still is excited. Chanyeol opened the door. There stood Baekhyun. Dressed up formally. In brief, he looked very good. “Hello, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun said while smiling. “hi Baekhyun” and smiled too. Meanwhile, Mrs Park couldn’t stop squealing. “Oh my God, Chanyeol didn’t mention that you were so adorable and handsome” Chanyeol wanted to die. “mother…”

 

”Oh hush Chanyeol, Don’t you see that I’m talking to Baekhyun” Baekhyun laughed at the situation. “thank you, Mrs Park. You are lovely too”

 

“and well mannered too. Chanyeol I approve of him” why was his mother embarrassing him. While Chanyeol served the table. Baekhyun talked to Ms Park until Mrs park yelled “dinner is ready”

 

His mother made his favourite dish, which led to forgiving his mother. “so Baekhyun, how old are you?” his father asked. “I’m 14 sir”

 

“Oh, you are the same age as Chanyeol. So Baekhyun tell me why you and Chanyeol have been going to the library every day?” Ms Park said while eating. “There is a piano in the library and Chanyeol is teaching me how to play it. I’m very thankful for that” Chanyeol smiled when Baekhyun mentioned his name and his mother noticed that too. “that’s really sweet of Chanyeol. Could you tell us how you became friends? You see, Chanyeol is very shy, so it’s hard for him to make friends” his mother asked.

 

“well when I saw Chanyeol sitting on the swings reading a book, I thought that he looked very friendly and I hadn’t seen him before so I approached him which led to him dropping his book. “let me guess, he was grumpy after that,” his father said. Baekhyun laughed “yes he ignored my questions till I mentioned the library. I saw that he liked to read so that’s why I mentioned the library. It was a trick to befriend Chanyeol”

 

This made Chanyeol look up. He didn’t know that Baekhyun wanted to befriend him shortly after that moment. “Yes, Chanyeol is in love with books. I bet that he is going to marry one of his books” Chanyeol sighed “mother…” Baekhyun giggled and honestly it was the cutest giggle ever. Chanyeol met Baekhyun’s gaze and smiled at him and Baekhyun did the same. In the meantime, their parents noticed the small and smirked. This was the beginning of a friendship that will develop into something lovely

 

 

During their following lessons, Chanyeol noticed something. Baekhyun looked lately upset and it honestly bothered Chanyeol a lot. Baekhyun rarely gets upset so it must be something very serious and Chanyeol wants to know what. Not only his mood infected Baekhyun but also the lesson. He was dozing off most of the time, this led to Chanyeol getting enough of it. “Hey Baekhyun, is everything all right?” the taller male asked. Baekhyun sighed “it’s complicated..” and stared at anything except Chanyeol. “I’m here to listen. I want to help you” Baekhyun smiled “well okay then... You see I have a crush on someone, but the thing is…. It’s a boy” Chanyeol was shocked. He didn’t mind Baekhyun being attracted to boys, he just didn’t expect it. “that’s okay, please go on”

 

“well my parents aren’t exactly fond of the idea of 2 males being attracted to each other.. I had asked them what they thought about it and told me this. Also, I don’t even know if this person is attracted to boys and that has been bothering me too. I-I don’t want to be rejected or to be called disgusting.”

 

Shocked, that was the current expression on Chanyeol’s face. He felt terrible for his friend. Also, the idea of Baekhyun having a crush on someone doesn’t feel right…. Is he perhaps jealous?

 

“t-that’s awful... I’m sorry... Also about your crush... Y-you know.. you are adorable a-and handsome… so I’m pretty sure that he will like you” He wanted to cheer Baekhyun up, which he wasn’t good at, but from the look on Baekhyun’s face, he succeeded.

 

“Y-you think I’m cute and handsome?” he asked cutely. Chanyeol realised that he was sweating and his ears were becoming red too. “uhm.. yeah”

 

Baekhyun was smiling at him with the most beautiful smile he had ever seen. Since when was Baekhyun this ethereal? How could a male be so beautiful and perfect?

 

Chanyeol showed him a wide smile, it was the widest smile Chanyeol has ever done. If his friends saw him like this now, they would’ve made fun of him.

 

 

 

 


A/N: We have already come to the 2nd chapter. The 3rd one will be the last and I will update it next week :)